Other Treadmills:

Sole Fitness Folding Treadmill

Pros

Cons

excellent piece of equipment

Wonderful exercise tool.  I did much research about treadmills prior to purchasing this one.  It had one of the best warranties around and a good track record of their products.Read complete review

This unit is fairly compact and has all the bells and whistles you need to either walk casually or seriously run.

The deck is a good size and the incline and decline work well with little power struggle.  The unit is fairly quiet compared to other models of the same caliper.

For the price this unit is one of the best products you can buy.  Sole stands by their equipment and the service department is wonderful to answer any questions or meet needs.

Do your research, then invest in a Sole product.  I'm glad I did.  I also have their elliptical machine.

Where do I begin

I run 3-5 days per week and 20-25 miles per week on a treadmill. When my Pro-Form died after nearly 10 years, I did some research, asked some friends and purchased a SOLE. For the first maybe 2 years it worked great. We did have somebody come and clean it once a year. Since then I've had parts replaced every year. It's noisy and super loud - and one tech told me it just needed cleaned. Six months later (and even louder) another tech told me he was totally wrong and replaced several parts. I've now owned it about six years and it's out of warranty. I just paid $500 out of pocket for additional service and parts replacement because it was cheaper than a new treadmill. I NEVER had my Pro-Form cleaned or serviced and it lasted me 10 years with no issues and heavy use. When this dies again (it's inevitable) I will purchase another brand. I've even had several techs tell me not to purchase this brand again. I gave it three stars because the functions are easy to use, when it's working it's great, but otherwise will look elsewhere if spending over 2K.

Where do I begin

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Avid Athlete

Pros

• Great Controls

Cons

• Lots of issues
  • Noisy

• Was this a gift?:

Good treadmill, but incline hurt my knees

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Sole Fitness Folding Treadmill:

I had the Sole Fitness Folding Treadmill F80 for 3 weeks before I returned it. I was drawn to this treadmill because it was reasonably priced and it was highly recommend by a friend. My first running session on this treadmill appeared to go great until my knees started to ache later in the day. When I first got on this treadmill it didn't have the proper give that I had grown accustom to with other treadmills. I ran at a nice speed of 7 mph at an incline of 3. While I was running I felt good physically and felt like I could have maintained these settings for 45 minutes, but I stopped after 30 minutes. An hour after working out I started to feel a little discomfort when I pushed off my left leg. It wasn't painful, but it did make me adjust my stride for the rest of the day. I was pain free the next day for another go at it on the F-80. This time around I decided not to run on an incline and I didn't feel any knee pain during and after my workout. After a week of running pain free with no elevation I decided to test out the incline again and both of my knees started to ache a little after my session. I came to the realization after my second incline attempt that the Sole Fitness F80 wasn't the treadmill for me.

• Comfort:

Sole makes a good treadmill for the price

Comments about Sole Fitness Folding Treadmill:

Sole is a pretty good brand of treadmill for the makers of non-commercial treadmills. The F80 has been running really well for me for over a year now, and it gets really heavy usage, about 50 to 60 miles per week. The belt does need tightened occassionally, but that is true of all treadmills. It runs fairly quietly and has some nice features that not all treadmills have for the price.

great work horse

from Canonsburg, PA

Comments about Sole Fitness Folding Treadmill:

love this for the days when the weather does not permit you to go outside and walk/run

has met my needs and my husbands needs. I simply like to walk but my Husband likes the programs you can use that give you quite a workout walking hills and so on. Some days I have the energy, other days I'm just moving along catching up on missed tv episodes.

Comfort
    the tread mill has enough give that you don't get the shock factor you do when walking on concrete or asphalt. No complaints from me or my Husband on this one.

Make sure you read the instructions and you put the little clip on you. That has saved me more then once from having an accident. These things have been put in place so you are protected from yourself. I love that I can fold it up when not in use so it does not take up so much space as typical treadmills.

it lives in my house and as I stated in previous reviews, I'm not the most graceful person the Lord has ever made. I have banged it up moving it a time or three and have not had any issues to date

love that you can fold it up so it does not take up so much space. I also love it suits my needs and my Husbands needs. We both are at differing fitness levels and it does the job for both of us.

I love this treadmill!

from North Hollywood, CA

Comments about Sole Fitness Folding Treadmill:

I did some research on the internet before I bought this treadmill. It was recommended by the Treadmill Doctor website. They repair and review treadmills. It has every feature you would need and no extra complicated features. It has quick buttons on the hand grips for increasing the speed and incline. There are two fans at the top to keep you cool. It has different settings for different types of workouts. There is a safety feature that is a magnet that clips to the user and attaches to the display. If disengaded the treadmill stops.

Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill - Awsome

from Alton, IL

Comments about Sole Fitness Folding Treadmill:

This is a very good treadmill. I just want to commit on ease of using this treadmill. Folds easily. Was hard to put together I had to get help. After that its all good. I have used others and usually they hurt my ankles. I have an anchor in one. The vibrating is minimal and I actually walk longer with this one. I have tried quite a few and the vibrating is an issue with me. This one is the best.

High Quality and Great Motivator for Running

from Stanhope, NJ

Comments about Sole Fitness Folding Treadmill:

Although the price is on the higher end, this product is worth it. It provides convenience in the home and is much better than paying for annual gym membership as I had done in the past. Its size and compactability allows for placement virtually anwhere in the home: a living room, basement, and maybe even bedroom. I would recommend this product for the casual or heavy jogger looking for a quality treadmill!

Once it works, its great

from North Tonawanda, NY

Comments about Sole Fitness Folding Treadmill:

We bought this at Dicks and put it together only it didnt work.  It's super heavy and took 2 people to get it into the basement and that was before it was put together.  Put it together onkly to have it not work.  Getting ahold of service with Sole was a joke.  It took 2 weeks, finally they mailed us a new part and sent someone (a local sub-contractor who was awesome) to come to the house to get it up and running.  Working great and is very quiet which is nice since its under the bedroom and I use it early a.m.

Loving my Sole F80

from Somerville, NJ

Comments about Sole Fitness Folding Treadmill:

I just purchased the Sole Fitness F80 treadmill shortly after Christmas to help get me through this long, icy winter while I'm training for a half marathon. I wasn't thrilled about having to spend so much time on a treadmill but the Sole F80 makes it so much easier than I had anticipated. The treadmill is nice and long, and plenty wide. The controls on the hand rails allow for easy access to increase/decrease both your speeds and incline levels. The speakers that you can connect an ipod to aren't the best, but really I wasn't expecting much from treadmill speakers. There is plenty of places to put things like water bottles, ipod, phone etc while you are running without fear of them falling. My only complaint regarding the Sole F80 is the amount of time it takes the treadmill to react when increasing or decreasing speeds. It seems to take a little longer than I am used to, but I am assuming this was done purposefully for safety reasons. LOVE this treadmill!

great overall machine

from North Charleston, SC

Comments about Sole Fitness Folding Treadmill:

I have had my Sole treadmill for a couple of years now and it is great!  The Sole F80 model comes with 12 different incline positions and all sorts of options for speed.  You can allow the machine to guide you on a workout or you can choose to take control and customize a workout for yourself.  The built in fans can be positioned in various directions however I wish they could be a little more powerful.  I love the heart-rate band feature that it came with so you don't need to hold on to the handles to check you heart-rate, it will continue to do that for you.  It comes with a nice wide belt for your use and is very durable.