Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Hand Soaps
Softsoap

Pros

Cons

Soft Soap .. Easy to use and cost efficient!

The **Colgate Palmolive Company** came out with this terrific product called Soft Soap. What it is basicly is a a thick soap in a plastic bottle with a nice wide pump on top. I have used this soap for some time now and enjoy using the Soft Soap with the Aloe in it as it helps to moisturize and soothe your hands as you wash and get the germs off. Soft Soap comes in many flavors for ones liking and I use one in my kitchen and one in my bathroom. When the bottle gets towards the end of the soap amount in there, I do add a small amount of water to it to get that last little bit rinsed out of there. I also buy the large refill jugs of Soft Soap as they are easy to refill my bottles by my sinks. In my kitchen the pump tops are wide enough to use the back of my hand and get a squirt of soap out which comes in handy especially after you have handled raw meat items.

If you have problems with your hands like arthritis, carpal tunnel or other problems, this pump on the Soft Soap top is easy to use. The soap comes out in a thick drop so you don't have to worry about it running all over you or your sink  as long as you keep your other hand under it while using.

Soft Soap is a **Made in the USA **product and I believe in trying to buy USA products to keep the jobs here in the States. If I didn't think this product wouldn't work well, I would tell you that as well. But in all honesty, it works great!

Not very soft. Too much of a sissy clean for me.

Softsoap Handpump soaps are cheap, they refill easily. But for me they dont get the job on my hands done. The whole purpose of this soap is for it to leave my hands smooth after the handwashing. It doesnt. Now, I clean the house, wipe boogers, change diapers and mop and cook and do things that when I wash my hands I see myself having to pump 2 times just to get clean feeling that I want. The softness isnt there. It leaves the inside of my palms and fingers dry, ashy and feel like I got moisture sucked out of my hands.

The smells are greats. Just this paticular one "Soothing Aloe" is not soothing for me as they label it to be. It does leave a residue on my sink, My wife hates having to scrub it and scrub but it does have to be done. Unless they switched the formula where they didnt make it too thick and gooey to make it seem like I'm getting softhands after the wash, just dont decieve me Softsoap, I dont mind your products, but seriously work on this one.

A Nice Handsoap that Gets the Job Done!

from MI

Comments about Softsoap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Hand Soap:

Softsoap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing hand soap is just a wonderful, all-around, nice soap. The thing i really love about Softsoap is that they sell refills, making it a cost-effective option, and the bottles are so simple to refill.

The Aloe Vera moisturizing soap is a really thick, creamy soap that adds lots of extra moisture to your skin, while still doing an outstanding job of getting your hands clean. One thing I look for in hand soaps - especially during the winter months - are extra moisturizers to protect against dry, cracked hands and skin.

Softsoap with soothing aloe vera really is a lovely combination of a gentle, moisturizing hand soap that can still get the job done. My hands always feel clean and refreshed after using this soap, and even a little bit softer! The scent is great - just mild and refreshing. Overall, a wonderful, budget-friendly soap!

It has a nice, refreshing clean scent. It's light and not too strong, but the smell is still there. Makes your hands nice and fresh after washing!

Comments about Softsoap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Hand Soap:

Softsoap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Hand Soap is for me, the best of the Softsoap collection. For years we have known that Aloe helps to bring relief to skin irritations like sunburn, insect bites and minor cuts and scrapes and in this product, these qualities really come together like never before.

The cleansing attributes of Softsoap are undeniable. It goes without saying that after cleansing my skin feels clean and refreshed, but it also leaves my skin feeling soft, moisturized and hydrated. The pumps are easy to operate and cheap to refill when emptied. My son responds very well to this special liquid soap because, although he suffers from dry skin and eczema, it replenishes the lack of moisture which is the root cause of eczema.

In addition to it being very reasonably priced, the manufacturer regularly places coupons in the Sunday newspapers and when they do, I stock up.

A Nice Fresh Scent

Comments about Softsoap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Hand Soap:

I really enjoy using Softsoap's Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Hand Soap. Like its name suggests, the hand soap is creamy and moisturizing. (Well, it is more moisturizing than its regular soaps and definitely more moisturizing than most soap brands, especially in this price range.) And the aloe vera scent is light, clean and soothing. I would recommend it to others.

Although, I will say that I prefer some of Soapsoap's other scents, like milk & honey or black raspberry & vanilla. Or at least mix up the scents. And what's great about doing this you'll change the scenery in your house (a little bit), since the soaps come in different cute, little colored bottles.

The scent is great. It is light and clean smelling. With that said, I definitely would not recommend buying the big refill bottle of it, unless you're in love with this scent. I made that mistake once and it was truly a chore to use it up.

Awesome!

Comments about Softsoap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Hand Soap:

Aloe Vera in any product automatically draws my attention and somehow force me into the purchase. This was one of the two reasons that I purchased this soap and second being that I have been a long time user of Soft soaps. I have almost tried every soft soap available out there. The best thing about Softsoap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Hand Soap is that it has all the soothing properties of Soft soap along with an added Aloe Vera to it. I purchased this on sale from a nearby store. It is a thick white soap that comes in a small bottle(unless you buy it from Costco). I kept it in my kitchen and my hands felt so fresh after each wash. It would have been the best of the lot if it had some antibacterial properties as well else, this soap exactly does what it says. It leaves the hands extra smooth after every wash and I do not feel the need to moisturize my hands that often. I will recommend this product to anyone who does a job that requires frequent hand wash.

Moisturizing

Comments about Softsoap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Hand Soap:

This hand soap does the trick for me. Frequent hand washing had left my hands incredibly dry, particularly between the fingers which were white and peeling. Ouch! I switched to this hand soap and my hands felt smoother and softer and my peeling spots healed up fast. This stuff smells really good, just a simple light and fresh scent that lets you know your hands are clean. And they feel sufficiently clean after I use this, granted I do not usually do things like dig in dirt.

The only complaint I have about this soap is its consistency. It is very thick and sort of gooey. This means it follows your hand across the sink, leaving a thin line of soap on the counter/sink every time you use it. This is a bit annoying to have to constantly clean up. The thickness also means it gets all over the dispenser and does not look very pretty. But these are minor issues and I still like the performance of the soap enough to continue buying.

Soft Soap is Great

from Copperas Cove, TX

Comments about Softsoap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Hand Soap:

I really like using Colgate Palmolive Softsoap Moisturizing Hand Soap. My hands tend to get very dry, especially during the winter time, but this soap has helped keep them in ship shape. I love all the different delicious scents they have to offer, although my husband prefers the more 'manly' scents. I keep one bottle in the bathroom and one by the kitchen sink. This way, I don't have to use dishwashing liquid to wash my hands in the kitchen. I love how my hands smell after washing my them with this soap and it also gets my hands very clean. I have children and grandchildren and they all love to wash their hands with this soap because they like to smell their hands afterwards. This soap is extremely affordable and is a great value for your money. I have purchased Bath and Body Works soaps, but I feel this soap is just as good. Overall, I would definitely recommend this soap to my friends and family.

Not very soft. Too much of a sissy clean for me.

from Sunnyvale, CA

Colgate Palmolive Softsoap is a good, basic soap

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Softsoap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Hand Soap:

I have been using Colgate Palmolive Moisturizing Hand Soap for years and really like it a lot. It is a very good basic hand soap. It doesn't dry your hands out like some bar soaps can do. Another really good thing about this product is that it doesn't have a super strong smell. I like some of the other Soapsoap varieties, but my boyfriend and son prefer this "less girly" scent. It does a great job getting your hands clean as well. The bottle is very easy to use and even my 4 year old is able to use it without huge messes. The bottle lasts for quite awhile as well. I use this bottle in the bathroom that most people who live in the house use (as well as the bathroom that most guests use). I would highly recommend buying this soap as a good, basic hand cleaner. Another really good thing about this soap is that it is very inexpensive and you can find it at any local grocery store or drug store.

Soft Soap .. Easy to use and cost efficient!

from Boondocks the heart of Northern , NY

Soothing Moisturizing Affordable Hand Soap

from Ashland, KY

Comments about Softsoap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Hand Soap:

I have been a fan of Colgate Palmolive Softsoap Moisturizing Hand Soap ever since it was on the store shelves. It has a wonderfully soft, creamy texture that is neither too thin nor too thin, and I think it actually feels silky on my skin. It has a very soft fragrance that isn't really too noticeable and that doesn't seem to clash with what I or anyone else has on. Whatever the scented ingredient(s) are in this product it does/they do not irritate my skin, eyes, and it does/they do not give me a headache or make me nauseaus as many others tend to do. So it is also very gentle in so many ways. It seems to me to actually soothe and soften, moisturize the skin, without being too heavy, without leaving me sticky or feeling as though I have some funny film left on my skin. It just rinses clean easily leaving softness in it's wake. It also is very cost effective both because it is inexpensive and a little goes a long way (I do not even need a full squirt of it to wash with it goes so far). I also love that I can simply buy the small container with the easy pump once and then easily buy a large refill bottle.