Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash

Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash

Pros

Cons

Softsoap makes a great bodywash.

For body wash that would not break the bank, you should definitely try the Softsoap body wash products. I'm a frequent user of the Pomegranate flavor, and I love it.
Read complete review

The bottle is easy to hold, squeeze, and you can recycle it afterwards. The product inside is nice, it smells wonderful, and when you squeeze it out, it doesn't come out in huge blobs, or fly everywhere so that you end up wasting it (and you can understand what I mean, sometimes the bottle just has a mind of its own, right?). You also don't really have to shake it a lot to get the rest out when it's near empty, just sit the bottle upside down for a bit and it'll all come out easy.

What I liked most about this product was the smell, it wasn't too overwhelming, and you could still smell it on your body long after the shower. It's a nice subtle fragrance, so it goes well for men too if they chose to use it. The beads are a nice touch, although I don't really feel them much since I already use a loofah.

What I wasn't too fond of with this product, was that sometimes I had to squeeze a little bit extra onto my loofah for it to suds up more. But once you get a good lather going, it does last until you're ready to rinse off.

Overall it's a good product to have in the bathroom, you don't experience dry skin, and smell good to boot!

It Smells Like Fruit in Here

When it comes to getting clean in the shower, I am now strictly a body wash type of guy. The changeover was slow and painful, but I have grown to recognize the advantages of body wash over bar soap and no longer reach for my blue bar of Zest or the familiar green and white stripes of Irish Spring. I now use body wash exclusively and one that I have gotten to know recently is **Softsoap Pomegranate and Mango Moisturizing Body Wash**, a body wash with a strong citrus scent. **Basic Facts About This Product:** Softsoap Pomegranate and Mango is red in color with moisture beads throughout. The liquid is a little runnier than other body washes. The scent of this product is strong, with the smell of grapefruit dominating. The consistency of the body wash is on the runny side and it is made from a completely soap- free formula. The quality that I noticed immediately with this body wash was the strong scent. The smell of grapefruit practically knocks you out and when I got a good whiff of this scent, I wasn't so sure I should continue. Don't get me wrong- I love the smell of citrus. I love it in my air freshener, in my beer, and in my glass of morning beverage. But I *don't* love it on my person. I was tempted to give it up and use shampoo as my body wash. But I finally decided to stop whining and give in. And what I discovered surprised me, leading to a positive experience and a recommendation. Among the good qualities of this product, the most pleasantly surprising of them all is the fact that the citrus scent doesn't linger on your skin. I know some people are crazy about this scent and would love to smell it everywhere they go. But I felt it was far too strong and besides, I don't want to get comments at the office about how I smell like a breakfast beverage. But the surprising fact is that this scent, while very pronounced coming out of the bottle, fades away quickly once you rinse. The scent it leaves behind is one that is more or less similar to ordinary soap: a little bit floral and a little bit fruity, but not even close to the way it smells when you first use it in the shower. This was a great relief and I noticed it immediately upon exiting the shower. Like many other body washes, Softsoap Pomegranate and Mango features the added luxury of moisture beads. This soap does feel very moisturizing when applying it, but it doesn't necessarily moisturize the way the manufacturer promises. However, it does prevent the feeling of dryness. Many bar soap products leave your skin feeling dried out and slightly rough. But your skin feels good after using Softsoap Pomegranate and Mango; not necessarily moisturized, but not dry either.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, Softsoap Pomegranate and Mango is a good body wash with a strong scent that fades into a mild, pleasant smell on the skin. I likely wouldn't have tried it if my own body wash hadn't run out. But now that I have sampled it, I can attest that this is a good body wash product and I recommend it for use by everyone. It isn't my favorite product of its type but it is pleasant enough to recommend.

More like drying

from Eustis, FL

Comments about Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash:

This product should be called Softsoap DRYING body soap rather than moisturizing. I bought this product more so for the scent than because it was moisturizing since I love the smell of both pomegranate and mango but that's beside the point. The point is, my skin did not get very moisturized at all when using this body wash. It dried my skin out alot and I'm not sure if was because of an allergic reaction or just from my skin being so dried up by this product but I ended up getting a very dark patch under one of my breasts that had begun peeling. Oddly enough that was the only spot I had that problem in because besides my skin feeling dry the rest of my skin was fine. If it weren't for this product being drying I would have said I loved this product because of the pomegranate and mango scent reminded me of something tropical and because this body wash was thick in consistency rather than being watery like most body washes which means I didn't have to worry about using almost the whole bottle in one shower. It also lathered up fairly good as well. Just wish it wasn't so drying is all.

One of My Favorites

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash:

I am occasionally able to get this soap for about 50 cents a bottle after extra bucks rewards at CVS. When this happens, I stock up. My husband and I both love the smell of this body wash. We also love that it has actual pomegranate and mango extracts - this is not just a made-up smell (dancing in the moonlight anyone?) It has a little bit of a fruity smell. We also like the thickness. This is thick enough that he can just put it in his hands to rub on his body, and it does not run out. I personally like to put it on my loofa and it makes a nice lather. It does have little beads in it, which makes it feel like it is scrubbing your body nice. If you do not like a little bit of scrubby/rough action, I would not buy this soap. It comes in a pretty big bottle, so I don't feel like we run out of it too quickly - it is 18 ounces. I don't see that this will be a problem for any skin types - the beads would probably not bother someone with sensitive skin.

Smells amazing

Comments about Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash:

I love the smell of this body wash. It is super fruity and fresh smelling, and the scent sticks around on my skin and makes me smell wonderful all day. At least I think I smell good :) I just bought this the other day, so I really hope viewpoints is wrong and it is not discontinued. But I mostly buy this when it is on sale as it is not my favorite for moisturizing. This leaves me a bit on the dry side, nothing unbearable, but not how I would like to feel after a shower. It has beads in it that I think are supposed to have moisturizer in them, but the idea feels a bit gimmicky. Just put the moisturizer in the body wash, the little beads does not improve anything. If you do not have any issues with dry skin, this is a great purchase because of the scent alone. It will fill your bathroom and make everything smell fruity and wonderful.

A bit drying, but does well cleansing

Amazing! Smells so good.

Smells DIVINE!

Comments about Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash:

I have to be honest. I buy this body wash mainly because I LOVE the smell of it. The scent is so fruity, fresh, clean, and invigorating! The scent is the main reason I give it an 8 instead of a 7. That being said, it is a fair body wash. It gets the job done and leaves my skin feeling fresh and smelling wonderful for several hours. It is a moisturizing body wash that lathers easily. It does have small exfoliating beads that burst when you scrub, leaving a slight tingling sensation. Like I said, it's invigorating. It rinses clean off your skin and doesn't leave greasy or oily residue behind. Softsoap body wash does leave my skin feeling pretty soft. However, I wish it had a little more exfoliating power behind it to target some of the flakiness I get in spots of my skin. The smell really puts it over the top for me. If not for the smell, I would buy Suave, which is cheaper and works just as good.

Super fresh, fruity body wash

Comments about Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash:

We have previously purchased Softsoap body washes, because they are generally cheap. We came upon this particular version, Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash when the brand was on sale. This was one of the "get 33% extra for free"-versions, and therefore, we chose that one instead of the scents we had previously used. I have to say, we have not regretted that. Both my husband and I find the scent of this body wash to be incredibly fresh and fruity without being overpowering. We actually like it so much that we purchased the same scent again the next time Softsoap was on sale, even though it was just the regular size this time. In addition to the wonderful scent, the body wash does its job in cleaning your body effectively. So all in all, we are 100% satisfied with the Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash both concerning effectiveness, scent, and price/value-for-money.

It leaved me feeling perfectly clean.

I just love the fresh, fruity pomegranate and mango scent.

I won't buy this ever again

Comments about Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash:

When I started using Softsoap's Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash, I thought it smelled good and looked pretty. It had these little moisture beads inside the soap, which made me think they were going to do some moisturizing, but they didn't. In fact, over time, my skin started feeling dry and stripped. It did lather well and cleaned well. It is very thick soap and I feel like it was hard on my shower drain, as it seemed to clog more. The cap on the bottle is difficult to open and close, especially when wet and soapy. It is also very difficult to hold onto the bottle when wet and soapy! I also found that the soap started to collect under the lid by the pour spout after each use and it got all gummy. By the time I used half the bottle, I was unable to get the soap to squeeze out and had to shake it upside down really hard and even add water. I ended up throwing it out at this point. This product was very disappointing.

Oh that smell!

Comments about Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash:

When you open your body wash you expect to smell a great scent that will be on your body after you take your bath or shower, with the pomegrant and mango body scrub it certainly delivers. When I first used it the smell was exciting and it smelled so fresh I could not believe it. I love the fact that they incorporated exfoliating beads into the body wash because it really helps get the toxins off your body and out of your pores. I would recommend this body wash to any one who like tropical fruit smells and loves to be clean.

This product does a great job with cleaning your body parts, but it does not stop there. The beads in the body wash help open pores and get into the skin. They do a great job at getting all the dead skin off that other soaps miss.

The scent in amazing, it smells of a sweet but tangy berry field, with a pinch of that fresh mango scent. I personally love the smell, I would definitely recommend it to people who like the fruity smell when using body products.

Another winner!

Comments about Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash:

Pretty awesome stuff. Not my all-time favorite Softsoap scent, but this is a really great bodywash. It's very invigorating, highly refreshing, and it cleans very well. It is a shame it's been discontinued -- they need to bring it back!

This is a super effective product. It does really well for any kind of skin; it helps my combination skin and works really well on my husband's dry skin. I don't think this would bother sensitive skin either -- it's too well made and it cleans so well.

A really nice, genuine scent. It's bold but not overpowering.

So upset!

Comments about Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash:

I loved this body wash! I'm so disappointed to see it was discontinued! It smelled so great, like fresh pomegranate; sweet and invigorating. It lathers so well, and the scent lingers on your skin for a little while after you rinse. This body wash actually cleared up some body acne I had. Such a shame it was discontinued...

I love this stuff!!

Comments about Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash:

This is the most wonderful body wash product I have ever used. I can not take a shower without using it. The moment I run out I have to hurry to the store and get more. Sometimes I even keep extra bottles on hand so when I run out I can just grab more. When I use this product or other scrubs from the same brand it makes my skin feel so smooth, refreshed and just overall amazing and wonderful. This product also has a wonderful scent. Several times after using it hours and hours later people say oh I love your perfume and I tell them I don't have any on, they are amazed to find out that all they are smelling is my body wash. I always tell them how wonderful my skin feels when I use it and they should try it not only because of how it smells but also cause of how amazing it leaves your skin feeling. There is absolutly no better body cleansing product on the market. I will never use anything but this product.