Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Softsoap

Pros

Cons

Softsoap is a staple in our household

I think bar soap is gross, so messy and unsanitary, so I think liquid soap is one of the greatest inventions ever. Softsoap Liquid Handsoap is the first one that I remember coming into the market several years back and it’s still the one I use most often. The clear antibacterial formulations seem to be drying to my hands, so I prefer the more opaque looking moisturizing formulas. With a toddler in the house I wash my hands a lot, but the moisturizing formula helps keep my hands soft. Softsoap is still very effective at cleaning, cutting through the dirty, sticky and stinky messes that sometimes get onto my hands. I normally buy Softsoap in the more economical large bottles and refill the smaller bottles I’ve had for years. Sometimes I can combine a sale with manufacturer coupons to get a good deal on the smaller bottles, which are nice to put out for company or to try new scents.

I learned from my mother that Softsoap can be an effective and gentle stain remover as well. If I don’t have my favorite commercial stain remover handy, I can usually rub a bit of Softsoap into a fresh spill or stain and get it out. Softsoap has been a staple in my household for as long as I remember and probably will be for many years to come.

I Am Just Not Thrilled With This Soap- Dry Tight Hands

I know that many people love the Soft Soap and Soft Soap Refills, but after using this quite a few times at my parents' home when they used it all of the time, I have to say I am just not impressed.

Soft Soap used to be in every bathroom and kitchen sink area in my parents' house. My mom used to swear by it. There were various scents available, and she even used refill bottles at one point.

The soap has a nice light flowery smell and foams up a lot- I am not sure if it is the foaming agents or the anti-bacterial agents in this soap, but something in it starts off feeling moisturizing, but it strips my hands and leaves me frustrated, needing to put on lotion. I find that using Dr Bronner's Liquid Castile soap works better for me when used very diluted in a hand pump dispenser.

Although this soap does clean the hands fairly well, because it strips my hands and makes them feel like I have to apply hand lotion immediately, I just can not rate it highly in the effective comment range. I don't find my hands left soft and moisturized, but instead they are tight and uncomfortable.

Despite the performance problems I have with this soap, it does have a pleasant smell. It is not overly strong or medicinal or anything, but nicely floral and appealing. They had some other fragrances of this soap too which were fruity and not flowery. They were nice too.

Awesome idea!

from TN

Comments about Softsoap Liquid Handsoap:

I think these really large refill bottles of Softsoap Liquid Handsoap are a really good idea! I usually buy one to keep in my home to refill the soap bottles in our bathrooms, but I think these are especially perfect for work places and schools. It is so much more affordable to buy the big bottle to refill your small bottles. It may take a little bit of work to go around and refill the bottles by hand, but it is definitely worth it. Also, you are able to fill up decorative soap containers instead of using the small store bought, plastic one's. I love that you can also get these in a lot of the different scents and not just one or two to choose from. My favorite scent is the Milk and Golden Honey. It smells awesome and it leaves my hands really soft. I would recommend Softsoap to anyone, especially these large refill bottles. Overall the soap is great and buying in bulk really does save you money!

This soap works amazingly and these large bottles of it are great.

I love many of the different scents offered, but my favorite is the milk and golden honey. There are many different scents to choose from, so everyone is bound to find one that suits them.

Good hand soap

Comments about Softsoap Liquid Handsoap:

This is a good inexpensive hand soap for use refilling a little hand soap dispenser. It is a thick soap and washes dirt off well. It also looks nice in the bottle because it looks thick and shimmery. It is thicker than most hand soaps so I only use it in a soft soap dispenser because it might clog another brand's dispenser. The soap feels nice in my hand and lathers well. I have sensitive skin and this soap doesn't irritate my skin.

Good and reliable soap for use in a bathroom or kitchen but not in the shower. Removes dirt, food and even greasy consistencies so I like using it in the kitchen or bath. I think it cleans as well as more expensive soaps. I have bought it repeatedly over the years because of the consistent quality. The soap doesn't leave my skin dry or itchy but also does not moisturize.

The scent is faint which I do not like. I think it could smell more natural or modern.

A great soft soap and a bargain price too!!

Comments about Softsoap Liquid Handsoap:

I have been an avid consumer of liquid soaps for many years now. I find them far superior to bar soaps for many reasons. They are more hygienic than bar soap, they are less wasteful, they do a better job of cleaning because the liquid gets into creases easier than the bar soap and they are more economical than bar soap.

This Softsoap in the large container is definitely a budget conscious persons dream come true! I buy this bottle to keep on hand to refill my smaller pump bottles as they empty. It saves me money and that makes me happy!

The aloe in this softsoap does a wonderful job of cleaning and conditioning my hands. I tend to have dry skin that can become sensitive and I find that this soap relieves the sensitivity and softens my hands.

This softsoap is very effective at cleaning, softening, and saving me money!

The scent of this softsoap is very light and fresh.

No skin reaction to this soap - FINALLY

from Delray Beach, FL

Comments about Softsoap Liquid Handsoap:

I am crazy about Soft Soap Liquid Hand Soap. I purchase this refill size so I can fill up all the soap dispenser in my home with it. I have used many different soap softs but this has been the best yet. I tend to have a lot of allergies which includes skin reactions to different things, one being soaps. I have had to throw out so many soaps and try again so many so I would not have skin problems as a reaction. There really is not much fragrance which a very good thing for me, nor any problems with the ingredients that would normally react with my skin (rashes, hives, etc.). I always make sure I have an extra container in the house in case we run out before we can purchase a new one. I also recommend it every chance I get as I am so in love with Soft Soap Liquid Hand Soap.

It is extremely effective between its cleaning job and keeping your hand soft as well.

Not much but I am thrilled it does not effect my allergies.

Effective and a great value

Comments about Softsoap Liquid Handsoap:

Softsoap is my go-to brand for hand soaps in the house. Whenever we're running low on soap, I look for the bulk packaged refill soaps from Softsoap. These seem to last forever, and we do a lot of handwashing in this house. The price is always right. Softsoap comes in a variety of scents, all of which are very pleasant, yet not overwhelming. I think Softsoap lathers well and cleans hands effectively, without being abrasive. I have sensitive skin, and because of the nature of my job, I'm washing my hands all day. This results in very dry hands, to the point of cracking. Its nice to have a hand soap like Softsoap, that is gentle on my dry skin. Softsoap rinses clean without leaving a soapy residue behind. One criticism is the packaging for the bulk refill soaps. I wish the packaging was more ergonomically correct to make pouring easier. I find that when I try to refill small pump bottles, I often spill soap over the edge. Other than that, I'm a big fan of Softsoap.

Convenient to buy a large container of soap to fill in hand soap

Comments about Softsoap Liquid Handsoap:

I really like the large size containers of Softsoap Liquid Handsoap because it's affordable and very convenient. I normally buy this soap and keep it in my bathroom to fill in my hand soap container. This is much more affordable than buying individual hand soaps, and I like that I don't have to constantly go to the store to purchase new soaps because I go thru it pretty quickly.

Softsoap has a bunch of different scents, and every one I ever bought has smelled really good. They are not too strong that they're overpowering. I also like that you only need to use a small amount, and it lathers really well. It also keeps my skin moisturized. I don't have to worry about my skin getting dry when I use softsoap.

This soap is even gentle enough for use on sensitive skin. It does not cause any type of skin sensitivity or irritation.

Every scent of Softsoap that I ever tried has smelled really good.

Softsoap is a staple in our household

from Franklin, TN

Simply Fantastic

Comments about Softsoap Liquid Handsoap:

Softsoap refills is all we purchase in this house for regular soap minus a few scented seasonal ones that we keep around for special occasions. Softsoap liquid handsoap refills are the best bang for your buck and you can not go wrong with it. Why pay so much extra money on elegant soaps for regular use when you can just get a soap dispenser and this large, and I mean LARGE refill bottle of handsoap. This product is for anyone that does not feel the need to spend extra on something you will just wash away. This is an unscented product but fear not this does the job just as well as ones with smell to them. Softsoap liquid handsoap kills 99.99% of germs that come in contact with your skin. Whether you are doing farm work, car work which can get you all greasy, or anything of that nature you can rest assured that with Softsoap you will be protected for a budget price! I highly recommend this product for its affordability and large economy size.

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Softsoap Liquid Handsoap:

I like the fragrances of Soft soap and this liquid hand soap smells good too. I do not like anti-bacterial products due to the health hazards of those ingredients. I have read that it is not necessary to have an anti-bacterial hand soap at all. It's best to just wash your hands with just pain soap and water. So I look for soaps that do not contain those harmful ingredients due to the health hazards. I think that soft soap products do a fairly good job at cleaning and I don't notice a soap residue left behind. I do like the fragrances of soft soap because they do last for awhile. I find that I prefer to smell like soap rather than perfume so using these soft soap products works well for me and my husband too. A fresh soap smell is ideal at the sink in the kitchen or bathroom. Some people even use this in the bathtub, but I prefer body washes. I think body washes are more moisturizing and soft soap does a good job at moisturizing as well.

I Am Just Not Thrilled With This Soap- Dry Tight Hands