Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:

Softsoap Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap

Pros

Cons

Clean and Refreshing

I love to buy and use Softsoap frequently.I guess you may even say I am hooked on them as they have a nice appearance, work well and leave my hands with a nice light smell to boot. I love seeing the color of the soap through the bottle.

I really love this liquid soap and keep one in my bathroom and another in my kitchen on the sink. So easy to use as they each come with a pump dispenser on top ot them. No need for a messy bar of soap sitting by your sink when you have this lovely lavender liquid soap that smells very good and works well. That is what I need to keep a few extras around in case I start to run low.

I would recommend this to everyone to see if they like it as much as I do.

Ingredients Have Changed In This Soap

I have used quite a few different hand soaps as I have stayed at different houses and with different people over recent times. I have also had a search for a great hand soap in my own home so I have tried a lot of different brands of hand soap. Put that together with other hand soaps I have used at friends' houses and places I do business, and I am becoming quite experienced in the topic now!

One of the soaps I have tried is Softsoap Lavender Chamomile Hand Soap which is one of the classic scents and styles of Softsoap. Since I first tried this soap they have changed the ingredients a little bit, but I have had opportunity to try the newer version so I can compare.

**INGREDIENTS**

Benzophenone-4
Hydrolyzed Silk
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
Ext. D&C Violet No. 2*

I really didn't like this soap the first time I tried it. It was harsh and stripped my hands terribly. I had itchy hands in the winter time and despite the nice scent, I had to apply lotion all day after using it. That is not what I view as a great hand soap. I have had a chance to try the less harsh version of this soap as they have changed the ingredients a bit (I listed the new ones above) and although it is not quite as harsh as it was before, I still am not a huge fan. My hands are still left drier than I would like.

The scent of this hand soap is pleasant. The lavender chamomile mix is pretty nice. It is a pleasure to use for the fragrance, but unfortunately, not worth the stress of having to have my hands feel dry all of the time, especially in the winter time.

Good soap, just do not like the scent.

from TN

Comments about Softsoap Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap:

I thoroughly enjoy using Softsoap and purchase it often. However when the store was out of our favorite scent, my mom bought the Softsoap Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap and I did not really like it. While the soap works just as good as the others, it just did not smell good to me. I am not a huge fan of lavender, so I am sure that is why. If I had to buy this again because my favorite scent was sold out, I would. I would still buy it because it truly does clean my hands really good and the scent left on my hands after washing them can be easily covered with lotion.

I cannot complain about how good this soap works. It lathers really well and leaves my hands clean and soft.

This is the only thing in do not enjoy about the soap. I do not usually like the lavender scent, and this soap was no exception. It is just too strong of a smell for me. I always had to apply lotion to my hands after washing them just to get rid of the soaps's scent. If you enjoy the lavender scent, I believe you would really like this soap.

Pretty Good

Comments about Softsoap Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap:

I like Softsoap's lavender and chamomile scented hand soap. It is light and refreshing to use. Using it makes your hands feel clean and your senses refreshed. You can definitely smell the lavender.

However, I find that I can only use this soap once in a while, because sometimes the lavender scent is a little to much for me. In fact, I like to switch this up with Softsoap's other scents, such as milk & honey and black raspberry & vanilla. Milk and honey is sweet and soothing whereas black raspberry and vanilla is much sweeter and reminiscent of Bath and Body Work's intoxicating "Midnight Pomegranate" line (now discontinued?). But I do still like getting the lavender one every once in a while -- I just make sure I have twice as many of the other scents, though.

It is pretty effective at getting your hands clean and smelling nice too. However, I like the moisturizing scents better, because I appreciate the added bonus (especially after using harsh dish-washing liquid).

my favorite soap

Comments about Softsoap Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap:

This is the ultimate hand soap in my book. There is nothing about this that I don't like. I love this scent so much, lavender and chamomile are some of my favorite scents no matter if they're combined or not, but when they are combined they take each other to a whole other level of greatness. This smells so good, it's very calming and relaxing. The scent lingers with you so that you can enjoy it longer than when you're just washing your hands.
All of Softsoap's hands soaps are just what the brand name says, soft. They are very gentle and have never irritated my sensitive, eczema prone skin. My skin is also pretty dry and this soap does not do anything to worsen that no matter how often I wash my hands, which I do a lot because there's no way I'm going to let myself get sick.
This soap suds up into a rich lather very quickly and I have never felt like my hands were not completely clean after washing. For the low price of this soap and what you're getting in return, it is really an amazing deal.

Amazing scents for amazing prices!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Softsoap Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap:

I love soft soap products in general. I especially love the hand soaps and I specifically love this specific hand soap because it combines my two favorite aromatherapy scents.. I am so instantly soothed and relaxed by the smell of lavender and chamomile that I sometimes wash my hands "just because." Also, to make it an even better product, it is an anti-bacterial product in a attractive bottle. Can it really get any better? I think not.

Cleans great. Disinfects great. Smells great. I feel it's very obvious to tell the difference between a poorly made hand soap and a good one. They lather different, the texture of the gel/liquid differs and the scent lasts longer with the good products. This is a good product. Comes out evenly and doesn't slide of your hands. When rubbed together it creates an even lather so you know it's working and your hands literally feel clean and fresh after each wash.

Again, this is my favorite aspect of this product. If I could buy every scented product with the same scent combo I would, and I do when possible.

The perfect hand soap if you love lavender

from New York, NY

Comments about Softsoap Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap:

Lavender is my personal favorite scent. I tend to gravitate to soaps and beauty products that are made with lavender. It is for this reason that I purchase the Softsoap Lavender and Chamomile Hand Soap for use in my bathroom. This hand soap definitely has a distinct lavender scent. It is almost like perfume when first dispensed onto my hands. This is great for those fans like myself that are big fans of lavender. The smell is very calming and soothing and leaves my bathroom smelling great. This strong scent helps to eliminate any unwanted scents and leave my hands germ free. The scent, although strong, does wash off clean and doesn't really linger on my hands after usage. As a side note, although this scent is lavender and chamomile, I don't actually smell the chamomile. I think this is because the lavender is so strong.

This Softsoap is in line with other comparable hand soaps in terms of price and so I do think it provides good value. I am able to get a good lather and as such this doesn't require too much liquid to leave my hands smelling clean, A bottle of this hand soap will generally last me around two months with daily usage.

If you are a big fan of lavender then this is the hand soap for you. Softsoap Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap works great and smells even better.

Great Scent, does the job well

Comments about Softsoap Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap:

When I started out buying hand soap, I didn't know which brand to buy, which scent would be better, and what the quality of the product would be. So, I settled on this brand because lavender usually smells nice and it was within my budget. I do not regret my decision to purchase this brand and smell of soap. The soap smells wonderfully delightful, and it gets the job done like it's supposed to. It leaves my hands smelling so good and the smell still sort of lingers in the bathroom after I'm done watching my hands. I only buy this type of soap now. I am satisfied with this hand soap and I'm sure others will be just as satisfied as I am.

just like the brand name this soap is so soft

Comments about Softsoap Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap:

I have tried this hand soap many times , it is common at public places and most of the people I visit have this brand . And most common scent has been this one . I often buy this scent and have no complaints about it . The combination of scent is perfect and leaves your hands soft and smelling good . The very reasonable price is a bonus . And great for wanting to refill it if you buy the big bottle of the same scent.

This product does what it is suppose to do which is clean your hands without leaving them dry and hard like others . It also moisturizes your skin and leaves you wanting to smell your hands afterward too.

The scent is great . One of my favorites and one of the scents I buy most often . It Is long lasting and not overwhelming . It stays until you wash your hands again but it will only get greater if you continue to wash with the same kind of soap . This is my favorite part of this product .

Love the Softsoap line!

Comments about Softsoap Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap:

We keep the Softsoap Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap in both of our bathrooms. For this great smelling soap you really cannot beat the price. The lavender and chamomile smell great and is not overpowering at all. This soap is great for both work and home use.

Affordable, and effective

Comments about Softsoap Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap:

Of all the Softsoap hand soaps, I like the Lavender & Chamomile one the best. Most lavender products tend to be mixed with vanilla or other scents that I don't find complementary. These two scents smell great together.

All the softsoap hand products rinse cleanly and have a nice full lather. I also like how the bottle that it comes in pumps exactly as much as you need to wash your hands, and it's a pretty cute shape too (flat and round, like an extra large coin).

great soap for the price

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Softsoap Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap:

this is an overall good brand of hand soap. i have used soft soap for many years and it's always a good choice when you need a decent soap at a really good price. it does a very good job at getting your hands clean after use even if they are really dirty, you just need to use a little more than usual. it leaves a very pleasant, long lasting fragrance to your hands which i really enjoy.

this is a good soap that does a good job at getting your skin clean. it suds up good and lathers really well. it can get the dirt off of you even if you're really dirty. it's not thin and runny or too thick.

this soap has a really nice fragrance to it. it's not overpowering or too strong, but it's still very noticeable and leaves your skin smelling nice for a while after usage. the scent also leaves your skin smelling clean and you really feel like you have got all the dirt off when you keep smelling the pleasant fragrance