Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Softsoap
COLGATE405704

Pros

Cons

Feels like Butter, smells like Coconut, now just Buff this Body!

By now you must know I'm a nut, no really I am. I just love the smell of Coconut, mix it with something, the problem just gets bigger. I've used Shampoo's, Conditioner's, Mousse, love Coconut creme pie, Virgin Pina Colada's. Now body washes, I guess anything that reminds me of the Tropics. All I need now is a coconut toothpaste ~ ummmm maybe not. That one doesn't sound all that appealing, haven't seen under~arm pit stop either. Not sure about that one. They do have Coconut milk now. I have yet to try.....could be coming up.....it's expensive, so I'll have to wait for a sale and coupon.

Sorry about that I got side~tracked, back to what I'm suppose to be reviewing. It's*** Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Buff Wash!*** I will say this body wash leaves your skin feeling oh so smooth, soft and buttery. Slick!....The body wash does ask you a question, "Do you want to scrub the old and pamper the new?" Sure I would love to...I wonder if it would work on my face, do you think? Haven't tried, as it doesn't say facial, but body wash. I guess the Saints will have to keep marching in on that one.

***Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Buff Wash ***has crushed coconuts and jojoba butter extracts, that is what make you feel so delicately smooth, soft, buttery, slick, adds moisture to you skin. The smell is just hmmmm good. This body wash has a very nice lather to it, a little bit on a fluffy thing goes a long way.

**My Viewpoint: *Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Buff Wash,*** is designed for daily use.With the ultra rich formula, the jojoba butter, crushed coconuts extracts gently exfoliates your skin. Renew your skins surface while helping to keep the moisture in.

Again if you want to know all the ingredient's, you'll have to check out the back of the label. As I haven't gone to my new sexy specs. ;-)

And then on to my next mission, as to who has been helping me use up my Body Butter. Paula Dean hasn't come to visit, so I know it hasn't been her. She loves butter.

Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash Is Average

Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash is a body wash I did not like. It is a strange texture. I like the cocoa butter in it, but I dislike the coconut aspect of it. The two smells together don’t make a good mix, but that is just my opinion. If you are a person who likes those two smells together, you will like it. It smells like a pina colada drink that you would get from a bar at a nightclub. The texture of this scrub feels thin and too creamy to me. It does not lather the way I would like it to. The lather starts to dissolve after awhile, while I’m in the shower. It is moisture rich with ingredients in it that are good for the skin. I wouldn’t use this on oily skin; it might make you break out. I think it does a good job of exfoliating your skin, so it feels smooth. It is very gentle on the skin. It is easy to apply as well. Just squeeze a small amount onto a pouf, sponge or washcloth and indulge. It comes in a very big container with big writing. It would be easy to spot in a store. It is a cheap body scrub, so on sale, it is a steal. I give Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash a “5.5”on a scale of 1-10.

Good for dry skin

Comments about Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash:

Ive been using this scrub for a month now, and my skin is in much better shape. I've used a ton of different brands with scrubbing particles in them and this is definitely my favorite. Some other brands are way too abrasive for my skin. The particles in this soap work well to banish dead skin and they aren't sharp or rough on the sensitive parts of my body. My kids even like to use this stuff. I had bumps on the back of my arms before using this and they are now gone. My skin looks much healthier and feels softer. I love that this works and that it doesn't cost a fortune.

It's definitely effective for dry or rough skin and it's gentle enough for sensitive parts. It leaves a coconut smell on your skin after rinsing off.

The scent is great but one con of the scent is that if you use lotion after the shower like I do it can make for a funky smell if you were to use something that wouldn't compliment coconut. I use baby lotion and at first it smells weird but once the lotion is absorbed my skin smells better.

Rejuvenated my dry skin

Comments about Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash:

I have extremely dry skin, as well as eczema. Throughout the year I have problems with my skin. The winter months are the worst and so it is nice to have a body wash that will make my skin look better. Sometimes I get rough patches on my body. Products like Dove, though good for some people, did nothing for the dry patches on my skin. Then I gave this particular body wash a try and within a few weeks, a lot of the dry patches were gone! Finally my skin looked smooth again. I was so happy. I occasionally use other body washes (just for a change), but this is the one that I will buy most of the time. I think what helps is the coconut pieces in the wash. I think it helps to exfoliate the skin.

This product is very effective. It really changed my skin and I noticed when I didn't use it, my skin began to have dry patches again!

I don't like coconut, so I was unsure if I would like this or not. It doesn't smell like coconut, so that was great.

Body Scrub

Comments about Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash:

Having sensitive skin I am always leery when trying out a new product. I do know that the Softsoap brand is a trusted brand and made in the USA. I did not feel like the wash gave me a “squeaky clean” feeling. It was more of a moisturizer. It is a very cream based product. This scrub does have a tropical Coconut scent that I do enjoy, it reminds me of Pina Coladas. It also has jojoba butter scents as well. As far as this product being a “scrub” it did not do much to exfoliate my skin. I do not think that this should be a "scrub", it is more of a body wash. I finished my original purchase of this Scrub but I will not be buying it again. I see now why the body scrub was so inexpensive. I would not recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin or in the reach of small children.

I did not believe this product was an effective "wash" at all.

The scent is very summery. I would not recommend this for winter, even though the scent does not last long.

Finally, just what I was looking for

Comments about Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash:

Even though many would consider me a tom boy because of my interests and career, I am still very much a woman and enjoy being pampered now and then. Finding a body wash that would clean and moisturize was agonizing. I get sweaty, dirty, and greasy on a daily basis, but I was tired of the body washes that would either moisturize without making me feel clean or would clean but leave me feeling dry and smelling manly. This body wash has finally gave me the best of both worlds.

The scrubbing beads are by far my favorite part of this body wash. They help to exfoliate and leave me feeling fresh and clean. It lathers great, but the lather does seem to fade somewhat. It does a great job of removing any vehicle fluids I may have gotten on me, and even cleans up my greasy and stained hands. The best part is it does all this without drying my skin. It leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and moisturized without a greasy film feel.

The scent is just what I was looking for. It is warm, sweet, and feminine. It does not have a coconut smell (to me) but smells somewhat like cocoa butter and vanilla.

Cleans And Exfoliates Skin

from Va

Comments about Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash:

I tried Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub and was very impressed with how rich and creamy this body wash is and how clean it left my skin feeling. I've always seen Softsoap as a hand soap company and never expected them to have such a high quality body wash. It's very rich and creamy with the best coconut smell. I used it on a washcloth at first and it lathers up very thick but I also found that I could pour this body wash in the palm of my hand and wash my body because of the sandlike exfoliating beads it contains that really clean deep to wash away dirt and dead skin. After using this particular body wash over a 6 week period I felt that my skin on my body appeared healthier since I was constantly scrubbing away dead skin. My skin never felt dry and stiff, but felt smooth and healthy.

This body wash does actually scrub the skin because of the grit like exfoliating material it contains. It cleans the skin well, I give it a 9 because I couldn't use it on my face if I needed to, but I overall love this body wash.

Very tropical coconut smell to it, reminds me of the beach. The scent is light on the skin and smells very fresh and clean.

So beachy!

Comments about Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash:

I used Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash last summer for the very first time. Coconut made me to think of beaches and it sounded so tropical. Though I am not a big fan of beaches, I don't mind the feeling of being on one. The very first thing I liked about this jar is the shape (next to being a Softsoap product), so beautiful it is. So curvy that a man would even love to hold and use this. Well, let me talk of the product here. It has a fairly thick consistency yet it has soft granules that exfoliates the skin without drying out probably because of the richness of body butter in it. It is not greasy to use as body butter might make it sound. I feel this body wash is apt for people with dry or extra dry skin because of the added feature of body butter. It is one of the few body washes for which I do not hesitate spending a few extra bucks. It smells so Tropicana that makes you feel fresh and relaxed! Hands down, I can use this body wash daily during summers and winters, waiting for summers!

Like a Trip to the Spa..or Hawaii?!

from MI

Comments about Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash:

Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash is heavenly. It is a creamy combination of body wash and exfoliating scrub all in one, PLUS, it has the most amazing coconut smell on the planet. Seriously, this stuff is GREAT.

I have tried several body buffers/scrubs in the past that have been way too harsh on the skin, causing irritation and redness due to the texture of the "scrub" - but this is really the perfect combo. It has just the right amount of grit to really make you feel like you are shedding off the dead skin cells without taking three layers of skin along with it. And the creaminess of the wash is a soothing treat to go along with the roughness of the scrub - it is just the perfect combo.

It lathers nicely, rinses clean and clear, and just smells like heaven. Overall - this is a winner!

This scrub is great. It smells delicious - good enough to eat, while still being a good exfoliant yet gentle on the skin at the same time. Wonderful!

Who doesn't LOVE coconut? It's amazing!

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash:

I love coconut scented products for women, so when I found this Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash by Softsoap, I couldn't wait to buy it and use it. I found the shape of the bottle, although attractive and modern, was hard to hold on to with wet hands. The top was a little difficult to open with one hand when using one finger in a flipping type motion. The lid was easy to close however. The scent of the body wash smelled like fresh coconuts. The texture of the bath soap was thick and creamy. The soap worked quickly into a lather but that is where the liking of this product ended. As I used the soap, lathering and then rinsing, the scent changed. It no longer smelled like coconuts and fresh tropical setting. It developed a stale, almost musty scent. It was odd. It didn't rinse quickly from my skin either. It left my skin feeling tight and waxy. Another odd feeling for sure. I used this product several times to give it a chance, but each time I ended up with the same results.

Excellent Exfoliator

from Portland, TX

Comments about Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash:

Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash is an excellent choice, when it comes to body care products! Not only does it have a delicious coconut scent, but it also exfoliates your skin.
I purchased this product as a 2-pack on clearance and I can honestly say that was a great purchase. The fact that this body wash exfoliates adds to it's benefits. Exfoliating not only removes old, dead skin and massages your skin, but it also leaves your skin feeling smooth, refreshed, and clean, which is exactly how you should feel when you get out of the shower.
The only thing I did not like about this product was that the scent faded quickly after I got out of the shower and I prefer to keep the fresh scent on me for at least a couple of hours. At such an affordable price, I can not complain. I will definitely be purchasing this product in the future and would advise you to do the same!

Great gift for busy, tired moms

Comments about Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub Body Wash:

I received this coconut scented body wash and scrub as part of my Christmas gift from my youngest daughter, along with a fresh body puff scrubber. What a thoughtful gift idea! I love the coconut scent of the body wash. It makes me imagine that I am at the beach. I look forward to taking a shower during the cold, winter weather because the fresh, beachy scent reminds me that summer is coming! What a great pick-me-up for those long, cold winter months.

But as delicious as the scent is, it is topped by the luxurious creaminess of the body wash. It is so soft and silky feeling. And it makes an incredible amount of lather. It's hard to believe that there are also scrubbing bits in this body wash because of its smooth feel, but there are! I know that my skin is getting pampered both by the creamy lather and by the scrubbing bits. I come away from my shower feeling refreshed and invigorated.

As a mom of 3 I certainly look forward to my daily shower with this wonderful body wash and scrub. It's just the sort of treat that a busy mom can appreciate!

Makes me feel like I'm at the beach! Love the scent!