Other Treadmills:
SMT-71HRPRO
Smooth Fitness 7.1 Pro Treadmill with Wireless Heart Rate Monitor

Smooth Fitness 7.1 Pro Treadmill with Wireless Heart Rate Monitor

Good, solid machine

I did a lot of searching of user reviews and reviews by treadmill technicians, as well as asking friends, family, and store employees about treadmills. The Smooth 7.1 was consistently rated right up there as one of the best at a decent price. Because the machine is only sold online, I had to depend on these reviews for this particular company. And the reviews were on the money! I ended up buying a four year old Smooth 7.1 from another craigslister and I have not been disappointed.

The machine is definitely heavy. At 280 pounds, it is a monster to move. We only had to get it out of the van, around the back of the garage, and down seven stairs into the basement. It was a major endeavor. With the help of my hubby, my oldest son and eldest daughter, and the use of a pair of Forearm Forklifts, we manged to get it into the basement. Once on the concrete floor, it was pretty easy to move around.

Set up was a snap, too. I printed out the appropriate pages and had the the thing back in working order in about 30 minutes. The manual wasn't too detailed in how to use the treadmill itself, or the extra features, but I basically wanted it for walking and a little jogging, so I'm happy.

When using the Smooth 7.1, the feel is solid and sturdy. I can walk and jog and not worry about the machine. The belt is 20 inches wide, which means I'm not worried about where I put my feet. There's a wireless chest heart monitor, but it doesn't work that well for me. What I do like is the wave-to-change-speed feature on the treadmill. I don't see it on the newer models, but I sure do like it.

The folding feature works very nicely. It's smooth up and smooth down. And it's all electric, so I don't have to worry about dropping the deck. It doesn't fold up so it stands up straight, so it doesn't save a lot of floor space when folded. Someone suggested that it's more for sweeping underneath.

All in all, I am happy with this purchase and would recommend it.

Running is HOT

From experience I know that a decision to but a tread mill is tough. I personally  have a tread mill and never use it. When I frist got it I used it but then never again. It seems to be a good strong machine that can sense your heart rate without having to hold on for it to measure your heart rate.

Smotth Fitness 7.1 Pro Tradmill with Wireless heartrate Monitor

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Smooth Fitness 7.1 Pro Treadmill with Wireless Heart Rate Monitor:

I've had this treadmill for about eight months now. I run and walk on it just about every day. It works very well. It's sturdy and can take a good pounding as I'm about 200 pounds.. One of the best features is the lifetime warranty on the frame. I've broken two treadmills previously and if was impossible to get fixed. I would recommend this treadmill, .Please note that this treadmill is very heavy and it took myself and my neighbor to get it into the house.

It's a very powerful motor and extremely quiet. It does what you would expect a top notch home treadmill to do.

Comfort
It's as comfortable as any I've ever used including the ones at the gym. It's got a nice wide belt to run on. twenty inches or so.

Read the manual. It's got eight programs for different settings like losing weight, heart monitoring and other things.

It's heavy and is durable with a lifetime warranty on the frame.

The design is fine. It's easy to adjust the incline and it does fold down but it's a bit too heavy to move from room to room. I would find a nice place for it and leave it.

• Comfort:

it is a fantastic equipment

from Greeley, CO

I USE THIS EQUIPMENT DAILY.IT IS THEIR IN THE GYM PROVIDED BY APARTMENT PEOPLE.I EXCERCISE DAILY.AFTER EXPERIENCING THIS EQUIPMENT I FEEL LIKE STARTING MY OWN GYM.SOUNDS GOOD.THE EQUIPMENT IS THE BEST IN ALL WAYS.I AM SAYING THIS AS I HAVE USED IT.I AM HEALTH CONSIOUS.I AM A JOGGER ON THIS.I AM A HAPPY EATER.NO NEED OF PERSONAL TRAINER .I EXCERICISE ALMOST DAILY.We can even program this gadget.That makes it more special.

best treadmill I've ever owned

from Bronx, NY

The best machine for it's price out there. It's smooth, durable and quieter than other treadmills. They're made to last. I have been told by my foot doctor to stop walking/running due to a heel  problem and I'm going crazy. I now have to use an exercise bike and it's not as much fun as the smooth fitness treadmill. I can't wait until I can get back on it. The machine makes exercising so much fun. There are plenty of programable features. I highly reccommend it over any treadmills in this price range.

all in one

from Deer Park, NY

I recently got into working out and needed a treadmill.  I bought this from a local store...and am amazed by the good quality, the features that I can get from this.  This was worth a investment, you get your moneys worth and more.  It has good wireless features, and a great warranty.

Good, solid machine

from East Bridgewater, MA

All in all, I am happy with this purchase and would recommend it.

Nice Treadmill

from Liberty, SC

This is a quiet treadmill. I have had it for 5 years now.  We have only had one problem with it...the moter drive belt broke and we had to replace it.  I was starting the machine up and it started to go backward.  Finally it just shut down.  Just called them and their customer service person wanted to walk me through the repair....but the screws were hard to get at and the covers were hard to figure out how to remove...so I had my engineering major son do it.  He had it replaced in about two hours.  The customer service person thought it was a circuit board.  It wasn't.  This treadmill does fold up.  It does so with a motor, so it is easy to do.  It is heavy, so make sure you have it where you want it when you assemble it.  Mine came in two big boxes.  I purchased it directly through smooth fitness website...but I did go through ebates.com to save a little bit of money.  I would recommend this treadmill.  it is solid and stable.  It has incline features and will adjust to your heart rate. There is a strap you wear around your chest or you can hold the handles to have it monitor your heart rate.

Look at my fat shed!

from Port Saint Lucie, FL

This amazing treadmillis something all persons should have in their home. It is very smooth as if you are walking on cotton and loosing weight at the same time. My body is firmer and more toner just from using this treadmill. It is like no other. Im shy to say but I got a little Butt back there too! = )

im easy and go with the flow with working it out

from Las Vegas, NV

I give this an excellant treadmill to work on when working out. The Smooth Fitness Treadmill with Wireless Heart Rate Monitor is awesome! It allows freedom with the hands. Run, walk or jog without leaning on the siderails. Its wireless and easy to use. You can also use the rails if needed to take a little bit of a break to lean on the rails but of coarse you don't need to do that. It is also nice to have to rails. I know I like it!

This is just like any other treadmill but better! It has got the wireless heart rate monitor. Sure is different don't you think? It caught my eye! So those people wanting to watch their heart rate they sure can with this machine.

You can watch it as you eiether

1. run
2.  walk
3.  jog

Its new and better! The Smooth Fitness Treadmill with Wireless Heart Rate Monitor!

seems like it might help you get in shape

from New York, NY

i believe that this is a machine that will give u a run for your money. I mean it looks like it could get you in a great shape, just as long as you dont assume that it will do all the work for you. Its really a good exercise and has great programs if you really wanna burn some fat out of the body

Lost 10lbs. in 10 minutes! It's Great!

from Lyman, SC

This is great!  I lost so much weight, and it was really easy with this!  Everyone who wants to lose weight should buy one!  Even though it is costy, it is worth it.  It is very quiet and it also folds easily.  It also has a great warranty(even though you don't need it!)  As you can see in the title, it has a wireless heart rate monitor that also works great.  The Smooth Fitness 7.1 HR Pro is the best product that I have ever bought!