3.5
SmartMouth Mouth Wash

SmartMouth Mouth Wash

3.5

Finally a mouthwash that really works

I have bad, comstant post nasal drip, so I am always worried about my breath.  I saw an ad for this SmartMouth Mouthwash, and tried it when it went on sale.  I had been reading that most of the alcohol based mouthwashes on the market today actually promote bad breath, so this sounded like a good alternative.  It contains no alcohol.

SmartMouth has two containers that you squirt into a small cup to mix just before using. You measure the product by the number of squirts.  I used only two squirts each, less then recommended, but it was plenty. So for me, i think it will last quite a while.  Obviously, a "squirt" measure is not too accurate, as sometimes the pump doesn't work too well, but the product seemed to work well regardless.  I felt a noticeable difference with no "morning mouth" on the third day.  I really do not notice any [roduct taste, although I noticed a metallic like taste after the first use only.

The thin plastic cup that came with the product broke upon first use.  I used disposable paper cups after that.  Traveling with this product would be impossible, once opened. They do offer a "to go" travel version, which I can only find online, not in local stores so far. The two bottles takes up a bit of extra counter space, but it is worth it. and for me is a lot less messy to use.

I did notice that my teeth got sensitive after using the product for a month.  I read online that others also had the same issue, but after switching to toothpaste for sensitivity the problem went away.

Hate new container

I have been using this product for 5 yrs. It's a great product the only complaint is that the new bottle design is terrible. My one advice is DO NOT travel with it. I had to wash all my clothes because of the poorly designed bottle it leaks really bad. And this product is not cheap.

Dry mouth

from San Jose ca

About Me Everyday User

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Freshen Breath
    • Not Effective
    • Poor Taste

Comments about SmartMouth Mouth Wash:

I've been using this product for the past two years or so. I was desperate for something that would prevent my chronic bad breath, this was the only thing on the market with decent reviews. For the first year or so , I thought it worked for the most part. I believed I had found the answer but I still had to mask the after smell with gum so it didn't fully live up to it's purpose. The taste was really gross! It tends to leave an after taste that's not only disruptive but drying to the mouth. The second year in my sister noticed a foul smell , she compared it trash and she couldn't get near me whenever I spoke. I felt like I've wasted so much time and money on this product to only receive a dry mouth . I recently switched to a natural brand called therabreath and I find it to work wonders.

Awkward packaging

from Southern tier, New York

About Me Periodic User

Pros

• Effective
      • Freshens Breath
      • Long Lasting

Cons

• green liquid leaks as it did in pump dispenser

• Mouth And Gum Care

Comments about SmartMouth Mouth Wash:

Please come up with a better bottle. Getting it open was difficult in itself. Then to have the green liquid work it's way out of the bottle when untended leaves you with only the clear part which doesn't taste very good by itself.

Hate new container

from Florida

About Me Everyday User

Pros

• Effective
      • Freshens Breath
      • Long Lasting
      • Refreshing
      • Tastes Good

Cons

• Poorly designed bottle

• Antiseptic
      • Everyday
      • Mouth And Gum Care

Safe and Smart

from Dallas, TX

Comments about SmartMouth Mouth Wash:

My dentist recommended that I switch to a mouth wash that doesn't contain alcohol as some studies were showing a possible link between alcohol and oral cancer. Whether or not the research supports this finding, I was willing to give it a try to avoid any possible risks. I used to buy off brand mouthwashes, but since I was making the switch to alcohol-free, I opted for a pricier bottle.
      SmartMouth Mouth Wash really is a smarter choice. It doesn't contain any alcohol and keeps my breath so much fresher than many other brands that I've tried in the past. Additionally, it doesn't sting or burn my mouth when I rinse.
      My husband has always struggled with halitosis. SmartMouth is the only rinse that has truly helped him. The bottle allows you to adjust the amount that you use. I only need just a small amount whereas he uses a bit more. I love that it can be adjusted based on how much of it you want.

This is YUCKY

from Potomac, MD

Comments about SmartMouth Mouth Wash:

SmartMouth Mouth Wash got some very positive reviews on a national morning news show. I decided to give it a try. You mix one solution with the other in the cup that is included in the package and swish away for a minute. It tastes awful in the mouth. It left a very metal aftertaste and there is no way that this product provided fresh breath all day when I didn't feel like my mouth was fresh right after using the product. It may kill germs and bacteria, but I was expecting this fresh, tingly, minty effect and I got aluminum foil. It actually negated the good feeling my mouth had after I had brushed with my usual toothpaste and my teeth didn't feel any cleaner than with just brushing. It is also fairly expensive when compared to similar products. I used it for about three weeks and dumped the rest out. This product makes claims that I did not experience and actually felt worse after using.

Works Well within First Uses - After that, it's Ordinary

Comments about SmartMouth Mouth Wash:

Let me be honest here: I have bad breath. CHRONIC bad. The kind that Listerine, toothpaste, and gum don't help at all with.

I tried Smart Mouth and at first, it worked REALLY well... I had it before meals and it masked dinner breath. The problem was that after a few weeks, my mouth became used to the effects of Smart Mouth; when I tried Smart Mouth AFTER brushing after a meal, my breath would smell like whatever I ate again.

Smart Mouth includes two solutions you apply simultaneously and should last approximately 3 months if you use it daily. It's a tad expensive considering that it'll fade after a while, and considering the bland results I got (for the most part), I surely won't invest in this product again.

Pros:
      1) For the first few weeks, your breath will be masked.
      2) Works stronger than Listerine.

Cons:
      1) It has a strong scent of its own (not a nice minty one) that people notice.
      2) Its effectiveness really fades after a couple weeks' use.
      3) Expensive for its quality.

Smart Mouth Makes You Healthier!

from Marion, IA

Comments about SmartMouth Mouth Wash:

I've been using Smart Mouth Mouthwash for several years. I use it consistently every morning. I started using it because I wanted to make sure I didn't have bad breath, but the longer I've used it, I've noticed other benefits as well. I've had much less illness since I started using this mouth wash. I wonder if it helps kill those germs as well as halitosis germs. I wish it was easier to travel with. I keep a separate pair with screw-on lids and just pour a little in the little cup that comes with the kit instead of using the plungers. I've tried both the mint and cinnamon flavors and prefer the mint. If I eat something that could cause bad breath for dinner (onion, garlic), I use it again in the evening. I would highly recommend this product!

SmartMouth Mouthwash really works!

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about SmartMouth Mouth Wash:

A friend of mine who worked for a dentist told me about SmartMouth.  I have constant nasal allergies, etc. and those can be detrimental to your breath.  Since I started using SmartMouth the difference is amazing.  Not only does my mouth feel cleaner, my breath is fresher if the "lick test" is any indicator. (Based on the fact that you cannot smell your own breath, it is recommended that you lick the back of your hand and let it dry. If it smells sour or "off" then your breath likely does, too.)

When I first started using it, it did leave a dry, zinc-y taste in my mouth afterwards, and it burned a little.  After a few days I did not notice either of those issues anymore.  The instructions recommend using 4 pumps of each of the solutions, but I find 3 is plenty, and sometimes I only use 2 each.  This helps it last longer as well, and since it is fairly pricey that is a good thing.

Based on dentist recommendation and mostly on personal experience, I think this will be my mouthwash of choice from here on out.  It's nice to feel confident about my breath!

doesn't work well for me - wish it did

from Stockton, CA

Comments about SmartMouth Mouth Wash:

I bought the Smart Mouth mouthwash after reading positive reviews on websites about its effectiveness in keeping your breath fresh longer. At first, it worked really well for me. My breath was fresher than when I was using other mouthwashes. Now it doesn't work as well and all it seems to do is dry out my mouth and leave a metallic aftertaste.

I didn't like the drying effect it had and whenever I use this mouthwash, I feel grossed out and disgusted at the same time. It doesn't taste good which I expected since it contains Zinc. In order to use this, you have to combine solution 1 and solution 2 (mint), which are in two different bottles, and immediately rinse with it. It comes with a medicine looking cup for you to combine the solutions.

It wouldn't hurt to give it a try if you've tried other mouthwashes and didn't like them. It cost me a lot more than any other mouthwash. I don't think I would buy this product again.

Finally a mouthwash that really works