3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Side Effects:

Easiet way to lose weight!!

I love Slimfast. I had quite a bit of weight to lose and had tried everything!! I couldn't seem to stick to anything, since it usually involved cutting out food groups or counting carbs/calories. I have to admit, I'm lazy. So, when I found Slimfast, I thought I'd give it a try. It couldn't hurt. All I did was have a shake for breakfast, another shake for lunch and a regular dinner. At first, it was hard. Even though the chocolate Slimfast shake was good, I was hungry!! After about a week, it became a lot easier. I lost 22 pounds in the first month and a half. It was so simple. I grabbed a shake out of the fridge twice a day and ate pretty much whatever I wanted for dinner. The plan recommends a sensible dinner, but I didn't go too strict on it. It was great!!! All told, I lost 57 pounds and kept it off. I would recommend Slimfast to anyone. It comes in great flavors, is very easy and really works!!!

Slimfast tastes great but doesn't help me lose weight

I have done the *Slimfast* weight loss diet several times in my life.  I believe the total pounds that I've lost has been about ten.  And that's all my weight loss attempts combined over the past twenty years.

*Slimfast* has vastly improved over the years.  Remember when it was just powder that you mixed with skim milk?  Well, know the *Slimfast* shakes come in delicious flavors that are premixed for your convenience.  And it REALLY does make it easier to stay on the diet.  Just pull one out of the fridge and drink.  They honestly DO fill you up and help with hunger.  But they don't make you lose weight.

The reason that I believe I don't lose weight from the *Slimfast* diet is the sugar content.  But then again, THAT is what makes them taste so good!  One can of ***Slimfast Optima ***contains 18 grams of sugar.  That's not extreme, but it's enough to hold back weight loss.  And one can contains 190 Calories, 6g of fat, 25g carbs, 200mg of sodium, 2.5g of saturated fat, etc.  In other words, for a beverage....it's really not THAT low fat.  I have found that I'm better off eating an apple and some yogurt.  But the *Slimfast* does taste better.

The flavors are all very good, and *Slimfast* just keeps pumping out new ones too.  Between all the different varieties of *Slimfast*, i.e; Optima, Original, Easy To Digest, Protein Rich, etc. the flavors include: Rich Chocolate Royale, Creamy Milk Chocolate, French Vanilla, Strawberries & Cream, Cappuccino Delight, Coffee, and Vanilla Cream.  And they really do taste great.  I like to put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes.  They come out like a shake.

If you want to try the *Slimfast* diet, buy the shakes IN BULK.  Don't buy one can each day because they are ridiculously expensive that way.  But six or twelve cans at a time (they come packaged that way).  They make an easy lunch, and are more or less guilt free.

If  you are looking for a convenient meal, then I would recommend this product.  But I really can't recommend it as an effective weight loss program.

LOVE this product

from New york

About Me Exercise Regularly, Health Professional

Pros

• Curbs Appetite
  • Easy to Manage
  • Easy To Use
  • Helped Lose Weight
  • No Side Effects
  • Tastes Fine
  • Works Quickly

Cons

• Daily Use
    • Post-Birth Weightloss
    • Quick Fix
    • Weight Loss

Comments about Slimfast:

Let me start by saying I started this at 132 lbs, and am usually about 115. I had a baby 2 years ago, and just never lost my baby weight. I have been on this diet for a little over two weeks, and have lost 8.3 lbs. I never thought I would lost this weight, this fast. I go by the cycle diagram they show, 2 shakes for breakfast and lunch, a healthy 500 calorie dinner l, and 3 100 calorie snacks. I drink only water and 0 calorie beverages( unsweetened tea, and ICE drinks). I highly recommend this to anyone that wants to lose weight, and have dedication! I saw that first 2 lbs lost and I was hooked!

• Gender:
    • Female
    • Where did you hear about this product?:
    • Other
    • How many supplements do you use on a daily basis?:
    • 1-2 Supplements Daily
    • Which of the following is the most important to you?:
    • Convenience, Price, Quality

Great so far

Comments about Slimfast:

I started the Slim Fast diet two weeks ago and so far, it's been going great. I drink a ready-made shake for breakfast and lunch and have a regular dinner. So far, I've lost 8 pounds and my goal is to lose 20. The shakes are delicious; they taste like flavored milk. It was a little hard to replace two meals a day with liquids at first, but I'm used to it now and will stick with it. This is an easy and inexpensive way to lose weight.

Slimfast is Filling and Taste Good Too

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Slimfast:

I really like Slimfast, especially the chocolate flavor. even though it is a weight loss product , you would never know it because it tastes so good. it has a thick creamy texture much like a milkshake and is packed with vitamins and minerals to keep you healthy and feeling your best. You are supposed to drink two a day, one for breakfast and one for lunch and then have a sensible dinner. The Slimfast plan does work if you follow it. The Slimfast shake comes in many other flavors besides chocolate and they are all good but I don't care for the vanilla one much. They are filling and keep you satisfied so you are not hungry after using this to substitue for a meal. I would recommend this to anyone trying to lose weight and even those who are not as it is still packed with nutrients and a healthy drink. I like the Slimfast plan and it does help you lose weight.

Very effective if you follow the plan.

Side Effects
    none

Simple to use

• Side Effects:

This is why we have nutrition labels

from IL, USA

Comments about Slimfast:

I was sucked into the Slim Fast trap multiple times before I started REALLY getting educated on how foods affect our bodies. I would lose a couple pounds with the severe calorie restriction that comes with the Slim Fast Plan -- but would gain it all back when I went back to normal foods. And by normal foods I'm not talking hamburgers, twinkies and soda -- I usually eat a lot of fruits, veggies, dairy and a good bit of healthy carbs (whole wheat, multi-grain, etc) with only a limited amount of meat. Restricting myself to one or two low-calorie meals and extremely sugar-laden shakes or candy bars -- because really, that's EXACTLY what Slim Fast products are -- was more detrimental to my health and weight than if I hadn't tried to diet at all! It wasn't filling, it wasn't really that tasty, the "meal bars" are tough and fairly tasteless -- I don't know why I put myself through it once let alone multiple times!

Lose 5, gain 10 -- doesn't sound effective to me!

Side Effects
    Sugar highs and lows, hunger from restriction.

Shakes and candy bars are "Easy", dealing with life while on them is not!

Comments about Slimfast:

Slimfast has been around for many years and that is amazing to me. When a company has stayed around as long as it has that tells me that it is good. I have use Slimfast on and off for many years and I love how it helps keep the pounds off. This is the only way to stay healthy and diet, the shakes have all the vitamins and nutrients needed. I love that they offer many assorted flavors and the snack bars are delicious. The only thing that I do recommend is to not try to do just the shakes and always supplement with fruits or salads. If you can do this you will see progress in your weight loss.

Slimfast seemed very effective for me when I was using it, I highly recommend it for weight loss and I love that it is also healthy for me.

Side Effects
    I have experienced no side effects from using Slimfast products.

This is the most simple diet I have found and so easy to use. All you need is milk and Slimfast, mix as instructed and drink. Slimfast also has nutritious snack bars, the only thing with them is that it is so hard to just eat one.

• Side Effects:

Great for gradual weight loss

Comments about Slimfast:

The thing I like most about Slimfast is that the diet promotes a healthy weight loss of one to two pounds per week. The idea behind Slimfast is that you replace two of your meals each day with a meal replacement shake or protein meal bar. I find that the shakes and protein bars are fairly cost effective. They also taste really good which is important. I think a huge part of staying motivated when you diet is to actually enjoy the foods you are eating. Slimfast offers a number of different flavors in their meal replacement shakes and protein bars. I also like the Slimfast plan because you are able to eat a "regular meal" on this diet as well. The guidelines are very clear as to the foods that you can eat during you "regular meal" and the choices that are given as all very healthy. I do not get pangs of hunger on the Slimfast program and I find that I am able to easily control my blood sugars.

• Side Effects:

The weight comes back as soon as you stop.

from West Virginia

Comments about Slimfast:

In college I gained the freshman fifteen and then fifty more on top of that. I tried everything on the market before finally realizing it was up to me to do the work. I tried slim fast and I was supplementing my breakfast with a slim fast protein bar and supplementing my lunch or midday snack with a Slim-fast shake. For a while it worked. I had a good amount of energy and I was losing weight. I lost about twelve pounds in a month using Slim fast.

My trouble with this program is that eventually you get bored with the shakes and bars. The flavors get old. It's difficult to just drink a shake and eat a protein bar each day and then just have one full meal and a couple healthy snacks. It gets boring and old. I started to plateau after a month. My weight loss stopped and I was tired and hungry for real food.

After a month of this program, I began just having a shake for lunch and eating breakfast and lunch. For a week or two this helped me lose a couple more pounds but eventually I grew tired of drinking shakes. I started trying to implement substitutes for the shakes and bars in food but I gained several pounds. I was discouraged and ultimately quit trying and gained back all the weight.

I now do a variation of the weekend off diet and the eat clean diet and I have lost 35 pounds.

It's okay for a quick fix but the weight will come back quickly once you stop.

Side Effects
    I was a little cranky at first but got used to it. Eventually I grew bored with my options.

It's easy at first but it gets tiring and bland.

Fastest way weight lose

Comments about Slimfast:

This is great for fast weight loss.  I love the strawberry flavor the best.  I would use the powder when I am ready for a quick weight reduction because it is cheaper and will last a while.  I will sometimes stretch the drink with water so I can drink even more with less calories.  I would have a drink before leaving the house in the morning.  Full strength of course.  Then mid morning have another with water added.  Then for lunch two full drinks so I am stuffed.  And if I am still feeling hungry before the end of the day another with extra water.  It's like having dessert all day.  I love the full feeling you get.  I did not crave anything else because I was feeling full.  For a treat I would have the ready to drink can.  It feels great just to open the can and drink it.  I like how I was able to achieve fast weight loss.  Of course I followed my own plan.  Not the  healthiest but it's better than being over weight.  I would count the calories to equal 1200 to 1400 calories per day.   My only meal would be the shake.  I would only do this for two weeks top.  I would also include exercise with this plan for better results.  But it's fast and easy to do.  I would recommend this 100 percent.

Not Bad, but Not Filling

Comments about Slimfast:

Although Slim Fast is great for people who are too busy to sit down to prepare a meal, the shake is not enough to replace your meal. Unlike Herbalife, the shake isn't filling at all and often leaves you feeling hungry (or at least it did for me). I did lose a few pounds, but I was so hungry I started eating the same amount I usually ate and eventually just gave up the shakes. I would recommend that people could use this as a snack replacement, but definitely not a meal replacement (or two) that they advertise.

Works for a little while, but it's not good over the long term. I was always really hungry and still ate around the same amount of calories I had before I started SlimFast.

Side Effects
    As far as I have seen, there aren't any major side effects- but I was always pretty hungry even after drinking a shake.

Easy to use, and easy to prepare. The shakes are perfect if you're on the go and need to get some nutrients in your body. However, it's not good as a meal replacement as they advertise.

Comments about Slimfast:

Slimfast shakes and bars are great for on the go. For when you need a quick breakfast in the car that does not make a mess or require any prep at all. Most of the shakes and bars are pretty tasty but they don't really fill you up until the next meal or snack. I would have figured with extra protein they would fill you up longer but slimfast falls short there. I would drink the shakes along with some toast or other small breakfast mainly for the vitamins and nutrients they provided. I lost no weight using slim fast products and I don't recommend it for long term use. Drinking just a shake or eating just a bar for two meals and a snack a day is not the best way to stay slim.

The shakes and bars are a tasty treat but they don't fill you up for very long and are not a very effective weight loss tool.

Side Effects
    I had no side effects from using Slimfast products.

Products are very easy to use, you just drink a shake or eat a bar for two meals and snacks every day. Eat dinner as you normally would.