3.4
Other Diets:
Slim4Life Weight Loss Program

Slim4Life Weight Loss Program

3.5

Pros

• Easy to use (4)
  • Weight loss (3)

• Weight loss (3)
    • Female (4)
    • How many supplements do you use on a daily basis?:
    • 3-5 supplements daily (3)
    • Quality (3)

works if you are ready

I tried lots of diets before with good weight loss but didnt keep it off. this diet is a life change not a quick fix. i lost 50lbs in about 5 months and have kept it off because it changes the way you eat and the things you want to eat, it gets allot of bad reviews because it don't work over night and is kinda pricey, but it works if you are ready to stick on it. you eat a balanced diet with lots of water intake the extra salt is low in sodium ie mortens light salt that has lower sodiem. worth the money because it did what i wanted it to and what they said it would. the supplements they want you to buy i didnt take, but i did eat the snacks.good diet if you stick to it. not good for people with health problems

I lost 55lbs, but now I know I could have done it for less.

This only works if..First your at a point where you say, that's it I've got to lose weight period. Or like me, lose weight or die of a heart attack. So you must be VERY motivated. Second, as with any diet. S4L is very expensive and they don't want you around if your not spending money on their products. Don't get me wrong IT WORKS but if you follow any heart healthy diet, stay away from processed foods, salt and sugar, take some good carb blockers, natural metabalizer and essential fatty acids before every meal..drink 80 to 96 oz of water "i didn't say liquid" WATER per day, and I know some women will say WHAT! But take my word for it that's the #1 thing to do. You must fix your own food. Eat white meat chicken no more than 6 oz's at a meal or red meat "fatty" 4 oz's per day but only 2 or 3 times week. No Pork at all. Very small 1 to 2 oz portions of low fat bread or potato with healthy low fat butter. LOTS of vegee's and a few fruits day. You will lose weight. The thing to get past is getting over the need to stuff our faces with all the wonderful things we've eaten all our lives. IT" A BUMMER DUDE. Use morton lite salt...but easy on it. You can use all the herbs you want for flavor. But believe me after 3 or 4 months of chicken and fish it'll get old. I notice I have retrained myself to some degree to eat right and I've managed to maintain my 55 lb loss for 4 months. I still do the best I can to stay on the plan but I'm a cheater. Burger now and then won't put the weight back on if you go right back to the plan. Did *I* mention I don't I time for working out. If I did I could lose more much quicker. There are some pluses for S4L. Weighting in and all that helped alot at first. My blood pressure dropped like a rock, swelling went down in my legs, feel 100% better. Oh yeah! spending all that money IS a good motivation to stay on the S4L plan. You should decide if it's right for you before you go in though as there people are like used car salesman. You will buy ! Plan on at least 2000.00 to lose 50-80 lbs. I've tried other diets this one did work for me...think before you buy though...all NON-REFUNDABLE. Ask if they'll sell you 30 days worth of product. They will but then they say we won't give you your discount if you do. They'll deal with you. But after 30 days you should know how to do it all by yourself anyway. When it comes right down to it. IT"S ALL IN YOUR HEAD. Stay focused, don't eat at restraunts and or around people not eating like you do. Good Luck with your diet. Hope this helped a little.

Not so 'ewww' anymore

from Lewisville, TX

About Me Exercise Regularly, Overweight

Pros

• Easy to Manage
  • Easy To Use
  • Helped Lose Weight

Cons

• I miss popcorn

Comments about Slim4Life Weight Loss Program:

I was at 213 pounds and 5'6 inches and 40 years old. I saw some recent pictures of my wife and I and said, "ewww gross" at the sight of myself. I realized I couldn't keep living like this and chose to do something about it. I researched many different weigh loss plans and chose Slim4life for a few reasons:
1. The staff I met with in Lewisville was knowledgeable about how foods work together with your body and their program made sense.
2. My plan has achievable and realistic goals.
3. The coaching and guidance I received from the staff was helpful and supportive.
4. The cost is reasonable mainly due to being able to make my own food. Some programs said that you had to buy their meals and didn't taste very good.
5. Accountability of your own weight loss. Do the work, see the results. Nothing in life is free.

My goal is 165, and I have almost reached it in less than 3 months. I don't feel hungry because the plan uses your own metabolism to burn fat and not muscle. I am pleased with my weight loss and my body feels better and I look better. Also, my joints don't hurt like they did before I started taking EFA's.

I have and will again, recommend Slim4life to other people who have said how great I'm looking and asked how I lost the weight and am keeping it off.

• Male
  • Radio
  • Convenience, Price, Quality

Slim4Life is working for me!

from Lewisville, TX

About Me Feeling Healthier

Pros

• Boosts Energy
  • Curbs Appetite
  • Easy to Manage
  • Easy To Use
  • Helped Lose Weight
  • No Side Effects
  • Tastes Fine

• Daily Use
    • Energy Boost
    • Exercise and Diet Supplement
    • Maintaining Weight

Comments about Slim4Life Weight Loss Program:

Slim4Life is working for me!!! I've tried Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Plexus Slim, taking garcinia cambogia, plus many other pill form 'quick diets'. The reason Slim4Life works for me is because I AM WORKING THE PLAN. When I don't work the plan, I don't lose weight...and I gain a few pounds. Unless you have a personal chef and trainer, you are going to step off 'plan' every once in a while. There are temptations around us all the time. This plan has taught me how to eat smarter and have healthier eating habits.

A huge part of my success are the counselors at the Lewisville, TX location. Cindy, Lisa, Alison, and Arely are very helpful. They are knowledgeable when I have questions. Supportive when I want to eat a Snickers because I had a bad day (or drink a bloody mary), and they give me alternatives. We also talk about new recipes to try. I know I can't eat a grilled chicken salad every day. Can I eat roasted Brussel sprouts? No? Why not? The most important thing is that they keep me accountable. They cheer with me for each measly little pound I loose and encourage me to buy a smaller sized pair of pants than I thought I could fit into.

Slim4Life is the only weight loss program that has actually helped me to lose more than 15 pounds and keep it off. I've lost 35 pounds so far and I feel amazing! I've hovered around the same weight for a few months because I have not stayed on plan. I have 20 more pounds to go and I can't wait to see what I look like and how I feel after losing 1/3 of my total weight. I am not tall. Not even 5ft tall. So, this small amount of weight is a lot on me. I made smarter food choices on vacation this summer, walked a lot, and continued taking my supplements. This is knowledge I'll use all my life. Plus, my kids are learning about making smarter choices. Bottom line is that if you give the program a chance, work it the way it's designed, then you'll see the weight come off safely & feel good about knowing how to keep yourself in check.

• Radio
    • Convenience, Price, Quality, Results

recommended

from Fort Worth Texas

About Me Exercise Frequently, Health Conscious

Pros

• Boosts Energy
    • Curbs Appetite
    • Easy To Manage
    • Easy To Use
    • Helped Lose Weight
    • Tastes Fine
    • Works Quickly

Comments about Slim4Life Weight Loss Program:

It is a good program for learning portion control and what to eat

• 60+
      • Other

I'm 103 lbs, tried to recruit me

from State College, PA

Pros

Cons

• They Want My Money

Comments about Slim4Life Weight Loss Program:

I went in for a b12 shot, which was recommended by my naturopath. I'm very sick and was eating only steamed vegetables and rice noodles when I went in. I weigh 103 lbs, so I had to explain what I was even doing there.

It made sense that they were recommending dietary changes due to the fact that I likely am not getting enough protein...The rep said that they were essentially dietitians. I was thrilled because I know I need a balanced diet but have severe limitations.

Then the rep started talking about buying all these protein supplements. I don't think they understood what it meant when I said that I have allergies to milk, soy, wheat, eggs, and get migraines from artificial sweeteners because I looked at the box and saw that they have tons of allergens and additives -which, in addition, seems like it would negate heathy weight loss for overweight clients. It sounds as though the supplements aren't good for thyroid issues, either, and I have Hashimotos disease, which I had disclosed.

I really don't think I would do any better on that than the unflavored rice protein I take. I feel like they looked right into me and could tell that I'm the type of person who naively trusts people, and that makes me feel bad. I've been working on not acting like a fool for the past couple of years. I bought a b12 package and I don't really want to go back :(

I'm so disheartened that regular doctors don't address healing the whole person, and natural practitioners seem to want to make a profit on me.

• Physician
          • Quality

Pseudo-nutritionists to sell food, snacks and supplements

from Chesterfield, MO

Pros

Cons

• Expensive
            • Poor Taste

Comments about Slim4Life Weight Loss Program:

Slim4Life aka Slim180 is an expensive program that requires a significant commitment of time for 'consultations' with pseudo-nutritionists / food and supplement hawkers. Note: these pseudo-nutritionists wear medical scrubs so you think they are kinda like medical professionals. The consultations are expected (required?) at least 3 times per week and include these questions: 'Did you drink your water? (80 oz per day is expected), When was your last bowel movement? (they have supplements to help with this they will sell you). Were the grapes you ate red or green? (green is good, red is bad) Did you use your Morton Light Salt? (absolutely, positively must use Morton Light Salt. If you don't salt your food, put it in your water and drink it). The pseudo-nutritionist will dutifully note the answers to these questions on sheets of paper with notes of any food you ate that was 'off plan'. The notes become part of your 'permanent record'. I followed their plan for 1 week and reverted back to a strict vegan diet. I've lost 20 lbs which is about half my target weight loss and am satisfied with the progress and feel great, but this has very little to do with anything this company provides. I strongly suspect that if I wasn't losing weight I would be subjected to a hard sell for their various (expensive) food, snacks and supplements that would be absolutely required (per the pseudo-nutritionist) to lose weight.

• 45-59
              • Local Newspaper
              • 1-2 Supplements Daily, Only Vitamin D
              • Health

Saved my life

Comments about Slim4Life Weight Loss Program:

If you are ready it is a great program. It is easy enough...you eat what is on their food list and meet with a counselor three times a week. It is one on one attention and accountability. There is a cost in the beginning, however they worked with me. In addition I was saving money by not buying fast food and junk. I have lost over 90 pounds and they taught me how to eat. I am on the stabilization part of the program and feel that the discipline it took to get here is paying off. I am maintaining my weight loss while eating different foods. the program staff always gave me that one on one attention I needed to make such a big change. I feel the best I have felt in my adult life. I can't believe how good I feel for a woman over 40. I am loving life and I thank Slim 4 Life.

Side Effects
              No side effects

Very effective but a little pricey. I've lost 60 on my way to 80

Comments about Slim4Life Weight Loss Program:

Yes the diet is pricey but it also works. I've been on the plan since 12/10/2013 and today is 5/20/2014 and I'm down 60lbs. My cardiologist has reduced the amount of medication I was taking and I feel like a totally different person. For me I believe the diet and results have been worth it. I visit the local office and I see people in there on a regular basis that has lost several pounds and are very happy and excited. Those who give the diet a poor rating have not done their research. You can easily tell this diet is not cheap and it requires that you follow the prescribed plan and if you go right back to the same habits that got you where you were before the diet then whose fault is it that you gain weight back. It works. I'm happy.
              UPATE 9/15/2014 I'm now down 90 pounds, I'm ecstatic. This diet works. All the negative reviews seem to come from those who are not serious about losing the weight or improving their health. Slim 4 Life does not tell you to take a bunch of salt nor do they sell food. Your salt intake is about a teaspoon of Morton light salt per day and they have snacks and drink mixes and some recipe ingredients to use if wanted. As for every associate having a degree in Nutrition or Dietician they are educating us using plans and products put together or developed by those who are trained and have years of experience in this field. Stop making excuses and get off your fat butt and make a change in your life.

In 5 months I've lost 50 lbs, that's effective enough for me. On to 25 more.

Side Effects
              Bowel movements are not as frequent but that's a combination of the products, the food and less quantity. The side effects I've had are good, more energy, less medication. Blood pressure is down, I no longer take Metformin for diabetes. .

Takes some planning for meals but if you are serious about it you can do this fairly easily. Remembering to take the product/pills prior to meals and drinking 80 oz of water can be a challenge but doable.

Kinda worked

Comments about Slim4Life Weight Loss Program:

Out of the many times I have tried to diet, a few times I have looked for a plan that would work for me and my family. I really liked that Slim4Life Weight Loss had a Family Program. It made it a lot easier for me to stick with it and try to lose weight. I thought it was a lot more convenient to feed myself the same thing as my entire family instead of trying to plan separate meals. Convenience is one thing that I really look for when trying a diet. The food that Slim4Life makes was not that bad. The smoothies were really good and so were the puddings, but I really didn't like the snack bars. I recommend keeping away from the chocolate ones specifically. If you want to make sure you get the most out of this program, you need to make sure that you exercise daily. I tried not exercising for the first week and the weight loss was slow, but after I implemented work outs, the pounds came off pretty quickly. Overall, I would recommend this.

Dangerous and Not Effective

Comments about Slim4Life Weight Loss Program:

Slim4Life Weight Loss Program is just another rip off. After following the plan that was "designed especially for me", I felt worse than ever before. I don't mind drinking water, but it seems that water and pills are all this diet consists of. You are allowed so many meals a day, but you have to buy the food from them. They tell you to add salt to everything. I have always added salt to my food but the amount that they recommend is truly ridiculous. I found that I did lose a few pounds but that I also stayed very swelled from all of the salt and water. I do not feel as tho the Slim4Life Weight Loss Program was very effective for myself. I also think that this is a very dangerous program to follow. I did not like this program and would definitely not recommend the Slim4Life Weight Loss Program to anyone. You can get much better, healthier results by just cutting back on your calorie intake and moderate water intake.

I joined the program several years ago and lost 37 pounds

Comments about Slim4Life Weight Loss Program:

I followed the program as instructed and lost 37 pounds in 10 weeks. My counselor Brenda had lost 90 pounds on the program. My other counselor Melody was a nurse and she was very knowlegeable. Just like anything else a program only works if you follow it. If you do not follow your program it does not work and you start making up excuses why the program is not good. If you want to lose weight Join Slim 4 Life. I lost my weight and have kept it off.

Lost my weight and kept it off YEAH