Other Weight Loss Products:
Slim-Fast

Delicious.

My wife has been making breakfast for us every morning lately so that we always have something to eat before work. You always here people saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I really agree with that.  Some mornings though, there just is not enough time to make breakfast.  So, we both grab a can of slimfast before we run out the door. The ones I have had a the royal dutch choloclate and they are delicious.  Eating these make me feel like  I am cheating on my diet! But…I am not! They are filled with protein, and have only 190 calories!  I am a manly – meat and potatoes kind of guy, and these shakes are still great even for me. They really keep me full until lunch time. It definitely works wonderfully.  At first, I thought I would not be satisfied because I like the act of chewing, but honestly, with this shake, I don’t miss it. I’m not following the meal plan outlined on the cans (one can for two meals a day, etc), but I think this is a great, quick meal idea when you are running short on time. I actually, just had one for lunch because I was running out the door, and it filled me up! This drink isn’t just for the ladies. Guys, you can have one of these too and feel totally staisfied and not break your diet. I love them, and so will you! Delicious and satisfying is definitely a good thing in my book!

Weight Loss in a can?

Slim Fast is one of those products that has been around for ages and I think it is one of those things where you either love it or hate it.

I'm not...Read complete review

I'm not extremely fond of the Slim Fast chocolate meal shakes, but I do like the convenience and there are times when you just need something in a hurry with low calories that will tide you over for a while.

I like the canned Slim Fast shakes for their portability and convenience. I would drink one again in a pinch because it is not bad tasting, but it is not something I would seek out either. It's not exactly like ordering a chocolate shake from the drive-thru, after all.

Tip: put the can in the freezer just long enough to give it the extra chill and thicken the shake to make it taste a little better.

Not the best or the worst product I have ever tasted, so I give the Slim Fast chocolate shake 3 stars.

A GREAT on-the-go already made shake!

Comments about Slim-Fast Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shake:

These ready-made shakes from Slim-Fast are a great addition to my pantry for the times that I need to grab a shake and run or take a shake with me if I'll be somewhere that doesn't give me the ability to blend my own. Although I like to use the Slim-Fast powder to make my own custom flavored shake, these are great for other times when I need ready made. I love that they are packaged in convenient serving size that can just be thrown in my purse or tote and be with me ready to drink when I want it.

My absolute favorite place to take one?...the movie theatre!!! There is absolutely NOTHING healthy or low calorie/low fat to snack on from a movie theater concession stand.

I recommend this product to everyone who either already enjoys the shakes from Slim Fast that you make yourself and could make use of a convenient on the go shake, or anyone who doesn't want to make their own shake and could use a quick snack or meal replacement to keep them on track with their diet.

Good snack, but not a meal replacement

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Slim-Fast Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shake:

I don't normally drink Slim-Fast, but when I need something to hit my macros for the day I turn to the Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shake. I really enjoy the taste of this shake. I usually add it to my soy milk, but I also had good results when adding it to water. The powdery substance mixes well in my shaker in about 30 seconds and there are never any clumps. I tried mixing this powder with a spoon and the results were less than stellar, but I was still able to drink it despite its consistency. This product keeps me full for several hours and helps me to make it to my next meal without having cravings. The only downside to this shake is that I wish it had more protein. It only has 10 grams of protein and I can find that in other products at a cheaper price. I would recommend the Slim-Fast Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shakes to people on the go or to those whom need something to hold them over until their next meal.

Could be better.

Comments about Slim-Fast Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shake:

After trying the other Slim fast shake and kind of liking it, I purchased a pack of 4, Slim-Fast Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shake, The best thing about them was the less sugar thing. I am always attracted to things which has these words "LESS sugar" plus I like a variety of shakes so I do not get bored of having the same every time. Again, I have no clue if it helps with weight loss, but it solved my purpose of keeping me full for longer. I liked it's taste but not the consistency, it is pretty thicker than usual shakes I am used to. Diluting is one thing that can be done. I got a pack of 4, and got rid of them within 2 days. I never bought them again and do not intend to, in future. I feel there are other shakes in the market with better taste, consistency and price. Since it was thick I shared one of the bottles with my husband and he kind of liked it, so I am guessing, men might like it's consistency better than ladies.

Slim Fast Optima

Comments about Slim-Fast Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shake:

The Slim Fast Optima shakes are a really good idea for helping as a replacement for typical breakfast food's and also as a healthy snack in between meals because it does technically count as a small meal in itself. Personally I am one who is not overly thrilled about eating in the mornings because most food's make me feel groggy and want to go back to bed. At the same time though I would experience hunger headaches at around ten thirty in the morning and by the time noon rolled around I was so hungry that I could barely function. Having the Slim Fast shakes handy has really helped fill me up for those initial five or so hours that I am up and about in the mornings without weighing me down and making me feel sleepy and bloated. I really enjoy having that natural little rise in energy and it helps me balance out my blood sugar levels to help me avoid spikes in my glucose levels.

Not just for diets!

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Slim-Fast Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shake:

I use Slim Fast occasionally, but regularly, when a little more focused nutrition is needed. Especially when one of us in the family is coming off of being sick and have been under-eating. Slim fast liquid is convenient and ready to use from the cabinet. It has a fairly good taste and is not hard on the stomach. When starting back up from not eating much, it definitely does the job of transitioning us back to more normal foods and eating patterns. The other thing about Slim Fast is that it gives a lot of minerals and vitamins, that are often depleted. That's why we choose this one for the health purposes that we do. It is a very focused use of the product, but one that is very needed, at certain times. Whenever we use Slim Fast after being sick, it typically gets us back on our feet and strengthens us back to a more normal routine. It tastes pretty good, it doesn't taste chalky and the flavor is pleasant when the stomach is a little upset.

These are okay as a meal replacement when you're busy.

from West Virginia

Comments about Slim-Fast Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shake:

These are okay to begin with. They are a bit thick and kind of chalky. They're nothing like chocolate milk and they're just a bit thicker than I would like. One thing for me is that they are a great supplement for my breakfast or my lunch but they definitely aren't what I want to drink for both. I can either use one as a meal for breakfast or one for lunch but if I use one for dinner, I just don't feel satisfied at all.

These come in four and six packs and they're not too expensive. I like that I can actually use these as a shake base if I really want too. Sometimes I'll throw these in the blender and add my own flax, soy, and other nuts into the shake. It's a personal preference.

I don't recommend these as a weight loss solution personally. I liked them because of the protein and because the taste isn't nearly as bad as others I've tried. I prefer these over bars. They're really great for being on the go and a simple meal that keeps you full and focused between actual meals but as a long term solution, I just couldn't do these. I think these are nice and convenient but again, just not for long term.

Tastes great

Comments about Slim-Fast Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shake:

I have been drinking Slim-Fast Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shake for about six years, since my freshman year of college. I originally began drinking it as a replacement for my breakfast for two reasons. The first reason was because I had a calculus class at eight o'clock each morning and did not have time to eat breakfast unless I wanted to wake up very early (and no one wants to do that in college!). The second was because I was trying avoid putting on the stereotypical freshman forty (I had begun putting on some of it already).

This drink was extremely effective in helping me succeed with both my goals. I was able to start getting to my classes on time and started losing the weight I needed.

While I was pregnant several years later, I had severe morning sickness. I would drink this in addition to what meals I could keep down in order to get all of the nutrients that I needed for the baby and me to be healthy.

When this drink is used to replace meals, it works great for weight loss. When it's used in addition to meals, you put on a lot of weight.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Slim-Fast Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shake:

I have used several different types of Slim-Fast products, both ready prepared liquid and powder that allows you to add your own milk. This Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shake was not one of my smarter purchases. This drink does have a convenience factor. You can grab a can and go. That is pretty much where the positives end for me with this product. I find this product to be on the expensive side and not worth the cost compared to other store brands of similar category. The taste is really bad. It tastes like pure evaporated milk. I don't like evaporated milk, but for those that do, you will like how this product taste. I also found that this drink alone did not work very well as a replacement meal. Even when I paired it with a piece of fruit or vegetable, I had episodes of hunger. However, this product will work as a snack meal or before bedtime meal. Using it as a supplement works better than a replacement.

One of the better tasting Slim Fast Shakes

from Greer, SC

Comments about Slim-Fast Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shake:

These are great meal replacement shakes. I didn't use them for weight loss, although I did have a few pesky pounds I wanted to get rid of. These chocolate shakes are one of the better tasting slim fast shakes. They taste like chocolate milk so if you like chocolate milk you will like these shakes. They're creamy in texture and easy to drink. They are really convenient to replace meals because they do not have to be kept in the refrigerator. I do prefer to drink them cold, but room temperature is okay as well.

I cannot vouch for the weight loss aspect of these shakes as that was not my intention (I merely wanted fast and convenient meal options), but I can say that the taste is acceptable and the texture is great as well. If you do try Slim Fast I do recommend one of the chocolate flavors as the other flavors tend to taste very artificial and almost chalky. If you are needing a fast and convenient and pretty healthy meal I do recommend these. If you're wanting to lose weight my personal recommendation is eating whole food, getting enough rest, and exercising.

I am not a fan of slim fast!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Slim-Fast Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Meal Shake:

I would not recommend doing the slim fast program. It doesn't work in the long run. Sure you will lose some weight for a while because you are lowing your calories. On the other hand I've heard of people gaining the weight back quickly after they go off of the diet. It was not something that I would stick with for a long time. They are easy for on the go and they do fill you up a little bit. My problem is the ingredients in these drinks. The ingredients are not that great. If you use these on a regular basis you will lack the nutrients that your body needs. I am also not a fan of the taste of these. At first they are okay, but nothing great by any means. After awhile you get really tired of the taste of them. I found them quite gross after awhile. I would chug them down to get it over with. I wouldn't buy these again and I wouldn't recommend them. Also these are pretty expensive drinks if you are using them a lot. Save your money and try something else!