4.1

4.1

Pros

• Comfortable (89)
  • Good support (62)
  • Soft feel (49)
  • Holds shape (47)
  • Durable (45)

Cons

• Develops cavity (25)
  • Too soft (24)
  • Squeaks (18)
  • Lumpy (15)
  • Too hard (14)

• Primary bed (61)
  • Guest bed (46)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (40), Midrange shopper (37), High-end shopper (17)
    • I received a sample (77), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (34)

Mold problem solved by Select Comfort Customer Service

Recently, I heard a news report regarding Select Comfort beds having mold issues.  We have had a king size pillowtop 5000 for 6 years and been quite satisfied.  After hearing this report I immediately unzipped my mattress cover and discovered there was mold on the foam cushion as well as the air chambers.  The next morning I called Customer Care with great concern as I expected them to tell me the warranty didn't apply  and I would have to purchase a new foam comfort pad and air chambers.  Plus I was experiencing sinus problems this winter that I'd never had before and wondered if it was due to the mold.  After explaining the problem to the customer service rep, she immediately stated that they would send me a new pillowtop, new foam comfort pad, both air chambers & the center foam wall "overnight" with no shipping charges.  Select Comfort was true to their word!  The only item they requested be returned was the old pillowtop and they sent a prepaid UPS shipping label to return it.  Most people realize "mold" is a serious health problem today and any company that cares about their customers would not intentionally put those customers at risk.  I appreciate the service I received,  the helpful and courteous way I was treated, and the quick replacement of the mattress parts at no cost to me.

Don't buy this bed

**READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY A SLEEP NUMBER BED!!**    My husband and I have owned one since 2004. The last few months I have become ill with constant sinus problems and severe allergy symptoms. So severe that it has affected my ability to work at times and I have had to miss work as a result. My husband was recently diagnosed with Asthma from our doctor and has been taking medicine to treat it. None of this made sense until today. I have been doing my own research into why we've had these symptoms and today I found the answer: I happened upon a website that talked about mold being a notorious problem with the Sleep Number bed. I ran upstairs and pulled back the foam mat and there it was on both sides of the bed - MOLD!!!  Sleep Number has known about this problem and has purposely not made consumers aware of it. They say that they have solved the problem on the beds made since 2005 by treating them with an anti-microbial agent. When I tried to get information on what chemicals are used in this treatment, I was told by a supervisor they could not disclose this information but was assured it was non-toxic. I wanted to see the documentation to support this and they said they would only provide it if I sent a request in writing, which I have. But here's the point: Why would you buy a bed from a company that would knowingly withhold information from consumers that could potentially seriously affect their health? It's tantamount to the tobacco industry knowingly withholding the debilitating effects of smoking. And doesn't it raise the question that if they would refuse to disclose this information for the health of their consumers, what else are they withholding? What exactly is in the supposedly non-toxic anti-microbial treatment that they are now putting on their beds to prevent mold? Do you think they would tell you if it was toxic?

I would like to buy this product because

from Bintulu

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

The bed is comfortable. It look like you sleep at a hotel. The price is reasonable and have the value to buy it.

Very good

from Mohammed

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel
    • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I salary is very impressive and comfortable in use

i would buy this thing

from casa

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Soft Feel
        • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

it is high end shoupper, i feel comfortable when i sleep on it ahah

awesome

from Alajuela Costa Rica

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Soft Feel

Cons

• Too Soft

Highly recommended

I have slept like I was on a cloud ever since I bought this.

from Claremore Oklahoma

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Soft Feel

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I used to toss and turn all night and get no rest until I bought this bed that feels like your sleeping on a cloud.

Very comfartoble

from Los angles CA

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Squeaks

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I use the product to get some rest

The finest bed

from جدة

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape

Cons

• Lumpy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

Bedroom bed .. best form and content recommend it.

from Mayfield Hts Ohio

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape
          • Sturdy

MY SISTER HAS ONE AND RECCOMMENDED IT VERY HIGHLY

nice

from usa

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
            • Soft Feel

Cons

• Squeaks

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

Don't hesitate to buy this bed ,relaxing and comfortable

Disliked

from Brooke tx

Pros

Cons

• Lumpy
              • Too Soft

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I was so excited when I purchased this mattress. I have read great reviews on it and for sure thought this would be the best thing ever. Unfortunately it was not at all what I expected. It was too soft. For some they may enjoy that but it was too soft and so on uncomfortable. I would adjust the settings for my side of the bed but it didn't help at all. I would always be sinking in and it was a bit difficult to get out. Since it's memory foam it's almost too foamy and too much cushion. I really wish it worked but it wasn't comfortable. My husband wasn't happy with it either. Thanks was able to return it. I exchanged it for a normal type mattress and that was perfect for me. This may be good for some but wasn't for me.