4.1
Sleep Number Beds

Sleep Number Beds

4.1

Pros

• Comfortable (92)
  • Good support (65)
  • Soft feel (50)
  • Holds shape (49)
  • Durable (48)

Cons

• Develops cavity (25)
  • Too soft (24)
  • Squeaks (18)
  • Lumpy (15)
  • Too hard (14)

• Primary bed (63)
  • Guest bed (46)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (40), Midrange shopper (40), High-end shopper (17)
    • I received a sample (77), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (35)

Mold problem solved by Select Comfort Customer Service

Recently, I heard a news report regarding Select Comfort beds having mold issues.  We have had a king size pillowtop 5000 for 6 years and been quite satisfied.  After hearing this report I immediately unzipped my mattress cover and discovered there was mold on the foam cushion as well as the air chambers.  The next morning I called Customer Care with great concern as I expected them to tell me the warranty didn't apply  and I would have to purchase a new foam comfort pad and air chambers.  Plus I was experiencing sinus problems this winter that I'd never had before and wondered if it was due to the mold.  After explaining the problem to the customer service rep, she immediately stated that they would send me a new pillowtop, new foam comfort pad, both air chambers & the center foam wall "overnight" with no shipping charges.  Select Comfort was true to their word!  The only item they requested be returned was the old pillowtop and they sent a prepaid UPS shipping label to return it.  Most people realize "mold" is a serious health problem today and any company that cares about their customers would not intentionally put those customers at risk.  I appreciate the service I received,  the helpful and courteous way I was treated, and the quick replacement of the mattress parts at no cost to me.

Don't buy this bed

**READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY A SLEEP NUMBER BED!!**    My husband and I have owned one since 2004. The last few months I have become ill with constant sinus problems and severe allergy symptoms. So severe that it has affected my ability to work at times and I have had to miss work as a result. My husband was recently diagnosed with Asthma from our doctor and has been taking medicine to treat it. None of this made sense until today. I have been doing my own research into why we've had these symptoms and today I found the answer: I happened upon a website that talked about mold being a notorious problem with the Sleep Number bed. I ran upstairs and pulled back the foam mat and there it was on both sides of the bed - MOLD!!!  Sleep Number has known about this problem and has purposely not made consumers aware of it. They say that they have solved the problem on the beds made since 2005 by treating them with an anti-microbial agent. When I tried to get information on what chemicals are used in this treatment, I was told by a supervisor they could not disclose this information but was assured it was non-toxic. I wanted to see the documentation to support this and they said they would only provide it if I sent a request in writing, which I have. But here's the point: Why would you buy a bed from a company that would knowingly withhold information from consumers that could potentially seriously affect their health? It's tantamount to the tobacco industry knowingly withholding the debilitating effects of smoking. And doesn't it raise the question that if they would refuse to disclose this information for the health of their consumers, what else are they withholding? What exactly is in the supposedly non-toxic anti-microbial treatment that they are now putting on their beds to prevent mold? Do you think they would tell you if it was toxic?

Great bed system

from Alachua fl

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I was sceptical, but I bought one and tried it out, it has helped immensely with my back issues, like the feature of being able to adjust on my side of the bed as my husband has different preferences. All over I would recommend!!!

Can't sleep without it!

from Centralia, IL

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

We were actually not in the market for a sleep number bed but luckily we had a friend that bought one and then immediately moved in with a fiancé and didn't have room for a king sized bed. I am sooo glad that we ended up purchasing this from him! We wouldn't normally spend so much on a bed so we would probably never have purchased one without the prompting! From day one, we were in love! This is easily the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on and it is soooo easy to program to your personal preferences. We added a foam layer and a fluffy mattress pad and I'm pretty sure it is the equivalent of a cloud of heaven. I have always had issues with insomnia but this bed is literally so comfortable I rarely have trouble sleeping. We've had our bed for 4 years now and I have convinced my father and two sisters to purchase their own as well. They are equally as pleased!! My husband sleeps with a much softer setting than I do, but it doesn't effect either of us to have the settings differ. I know these are pricey mattresses but they are well worth it! I have storage totes underneath which is great because we always need more storage options! It is also high enough that you don't have to 'drop down' to get into bed either and that's a major plus for me! (Of course I am only 5'3" but still:) ). Love love this bed and will purchase again in the future!

I would buy this product again and again

from Casa , MA

Good

So comfortable, excellent quality.

from Seattle, WA

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape
        • Soft Feel
        • Sturdy

Cons

• Can be a little pricey.

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I seen this bed online, so I had to go try it out in the store for myself. And it was absolutely unbelievably so comfortable. From the first moment I laid down on it. I loved everything about it! But the price was a tad bit (okay a big tad bit) out of my price range. So I wasn't able to purchase one for my own bedroom, but then I found out my sister has one not only in her personal room but in her guest room as well. So ever since finding that out I'm over there quite often spending the night. And the bed really is just amazing. Its a solid bed, nice texture, keeps it form, nice and sturdy, all of the above. Great bed.

I would like to buy this product because

from Bintulu

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape
        • Soft Feel
        • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

The bed is comfortable. It look like you sleep at a hotel. The price is reasonable and have the value to buy it.

Very good

from Mohammed

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape
          • Soft Feel
          • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I salary is very impressive and comfortable in use

i would buy this thing

from casa

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
              • Good Support
              • Soft Feel
              • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

it is high end shoupper, i feel comfortable when i sleep on it ahah

awesome

from Alajuela Costa Rica

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
                • Good Support
                • Soft Feel

Cons

• Too Soft

Highly recommended

I have slept like I was on a cloud ever since I bought this.

from Claremore Oklahoma

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
                • Good Support
                • Soft Feel

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I used to toss and turn all night and get no rest until I bought this bed that feels like your sleeping on a cloud.

Very comfartoble

from Los angles CA

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Squeaks

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I use the product to get some rest