4.1
Sleep Number Beds

Read 1,094 Reviews

Sleep Number Beds

4.1

Pros

• Comfortable (228)
  • Good support (174)
  • Soft feel (130)
  • Durable (118)
  • Holds shape (117)

Cons

• Develops cavity (60)
  • Too soft (47)
  • Squeaks (39)
  • Lumpy (29)
  • Too hard (27)

• Primary bed (177)
  • Guest bed (99)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (116), Budget shopper (95), High-end shopper (39)
    • I received a sample (136), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (70)

Mold problem solved by Select Comfort Customer Service

Recently, I heard a news report regarding Select Comfort beds having mold issues.  We have had a king size pillowtop 5000 for 6 years and been quite satisfied.  After hearing this report I immediately unzipped my mattress cover and discovered there was mold on the foam cushion as well as the air chambers.  The next morning I called Customer Care with great concern as I expected them to tell me the warranty didn't apply  and I would have to purchase a new foam comfort pad and air chambers.  Plus I was experiencing sinus problems this winter that I'd never had before and wondered if it was due to the mold.  After explaining the problem to the customer service rep, she immediately stated that they would send me a new pillowtop, new foam comfort pad, both air chambers & the center foam wall "overnight" with no shipping charges.  Select Comfort was true to their word!  The only item they requested be returned was the old pillowtop and they sent a prepaid UPS shipping label to return it.  Most people realize "mold" is a serious health problem today and any company that cares about their customers would not intentionally put those customers at risk.  I appreciate the service I received,  the helpful and courteous way I was treated, and the quick replacement of the mattress parts at no cost to me.

Don't buy this bed

**READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY A SLEEP NUMBER BED!!**    My husband and I have owned one since 2004. The last few months I have become ill with constant sinus problems and severe allergy symptoms. So severe that it has affected my ability to work at times and I have had to miss work as a result. My husband was recently diagnosed with Asthma from our doctor and has been taking medicine to treat it. None of this made sense until today. I have been doing my own research into why we've had these symptoms and today I found the answer: I happened upon a website that talked about mold being a notorious problem with the Sleep Number bed. I ran upstairs and pulled back the foam mat and there it was on both sides of the bed - MOLD!!!  Sleep Number has known about this problem and has purposely not made consumers aware of it. They say that they have solved the problem on the beds made since 2005 by treating them with an anti-microbial agent. When I tried to get information on what chemicals are used in this treatment, I was told by a supervisor they could not disclose this information but was assured it was non-toxic. I wanted to see the documentation to support this and they said they would only provide it if I sent a request in writing, which I have. But here's the point: Why would you buy a bed from a company that would knowingly withhold information from consumers that could potentially seriously affect their health? It's tantamount to the tobacco industry knowingly withholding the debilitating effects of smoking. And doesn't it raise the question that if they would refuse to disclose this information for the health of their consumers, what else are they withholding? What exactly is in the supposedly non-toxic anti-microbial treatment that they are now putting on their beds to prevent mold? Do you think they would tell you if it was toxic?

Bahrain

from Bahrain

Pros

• Comfortable

Nice bed

Sleep Number Bed the BEST

from Chelsea, AL

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

Sleep number is a great bed!!

It is very good and i will buy it more than 10 times

from Mazen

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Develops Cavity

• Guest Bed

Very gooooooood

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would BUY this product again and again

from Louisiana

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I got this because my last mattress had my back in a lot of pain but NOW i am in love.

I would buy it again

from Ga

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Sturdy

Cons

• Squeaks

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

Well i slept well on the mattress thank you

Comfortable

from California

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

This bed was purchased as a replacement for our master bedroom. The first two nights I wasn't too sure if we'd made the right choice because it seemed a little uncomfortable. I think it takes a few days to adjust to a new bed. Because now it is so comfortable. Not too hard or too soft. Firm and just right. So my suggestion is give yourself a couple of days to adjust to your new bed.

I would buy this product again.

from Indiana

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape
        • Soft Feel
        • Sturdy

This bed is amazing.

One of the best beds

from Hollister, Missouri

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
            • Good Support
            • Holds Shape
            • Soft Feel
            • Sturdy

• Guest Bed

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

One of the more comfortable beds!

fabulous i like it verry much

from Saida algeria

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
              • Good Support
              • Sturdy

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I was suffering from pain in my back so I could not sleep well, I changed beds every month but with this bed changed my life, I became like sleeping and taking a nap

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Different, but fun

from Denham Springs, LA

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Good Support
              • Sturdy
              • Unique

Cons

• In the middle of hard and soft
              • Squeaks
              • Unique

• Collage kids
              • Kids bed

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I slept in a sleep number bed for about a week at a friends house. My daughter loved the bed. She could decide what side of the bed she wanted to sleep on. I love very soft soft soft beds with a lot of goose down and feather bed, so this was a challenge for me. It was a little squeaky because they framed for the bed was remote control and when you moved the bed to go up or down or even turn over at night, it would squeak. Wish I had W-D40 at the time.
              Let's talk about the most important thing right now, the mattress. Yet, not my number one choose, but it falls in the middle for me. It's not too hard, and it's not too soft. It's not for me. I didn't toss or turn at night, but i also didn't wake up or go to sleep on clouds like I would have wanted too. I can say that couple who spoon, this is not the mattress for you. I love to spoon and after my age, that's a fabulous thing. So for the couples who need their space at night when you sleep, this is the mattress for you, but I in courage every couple to spoon at night, even if your 100 years old, because life's to short. That's my advice for the day.
              My child loved it and what child would not love this mattress. I also think it's a great mattress to send to college with your kids because you definitely don't want them spooning.
              Everyone is different and I think if you read something you like about the mattress, then go try it out. Won't know until you actually lay on it yourself. Everyone is different and that's why everyone's taste in things are different, but the best review is your own review.
              I hope this review helped some. I know I was interested in getting one until I tried one. I also know that most companies will let you try out their mattress for 100 days or you can go to the store, which is hard for me because I always shop online, and try it out and sit and lay down on it.