4.1
Sleep Number Beds

Read 1,056 Reviews

Sleep Number Beds

4.1

Pros

• Comfortable (192)
  • Good support (144)
  • Soft feel (111)
  • Holds shape (100)
  • Durable (98)

Cons

• Develops cavity (54)
  • Too soft (47)
  • Squeaks (37)
  • Lumpy (26)
  • Too hard (25)

• Primary bed (149)
  • Guest bed (90)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (96), Budget shopper (81), High-end shopper (37)
    • I received a sample (128), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (66)

Mold problem solved by Select Comfort Customer Service

Recently, I heard a news report regarding Select Comfort beds having mold issues.  We have had a king size pillowtop 5000 for 6 years and been quite satisfied.  After hearing this report I immediately unzipped my mattress cover and discovered there was mold on the foam cushion as well as the air chambers.  The next morning I called Customer Care with great concern as I expected them to tell me the warranty didn't apply  and I would have to purchase a new foam comfort pad and air chambers.  Plus I was experiencing sinus problems this winter that I'd never had before and wondered if it was due to the mold.  After explaining the problem to the customer service rep, she immediately stated that they would send me a new pillowtop, new foam comfort pad, both air chambers & the center foam wall "overnight" with no shipping charges.  Select Comfort was true to their word!  The only item they requested be returned was the old pillowtop and they sent a prepaid UPS shipping label to return it.  Most people realize "mold" is a serious health problem today and any company that cares about their customers would not intentionally put those customers at risk.  I appreciate the service I received,  the helpful and courteous way I was treated, and the quick replacement of the mattress parts at no cost to me.

Don't buy this bed

**READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY A SLEEP NUMBER BED!!**    My husband and I have owned one since 2004. The last few months I have become ill with constant sinus problems and severe allergy symptoms. So severe that it has affected my ability to work at times and I have had to miss work as a result. My husband was recently diagnosed with Asthma from our doctor and has been taking medicine to treat it. None of this made sense until today. I have been doing my own research into why we've had these symptoms and today I found the answer: I happened upon a website that talked about mold being a notorious problem with the Sleep Number bed. I ran upstairs and pulled back the foam mat and there it was on both sides of the bed - MOLD!!!  Sleep Number has known about this problem and has purposely not made consumers aware of it. They say that they have solved the problem on the beds made since 2005 by treating them with an anti-microbial agent. When I tried to get information on what chemicals are used in this treatment, I was told by a supervisor they could not disclose this information but was assured it was non-toxic. I wanted to see the documentation to support this and they said they would only provide it if I sent a request in writing, which I have. But here's the point: Why would you buy a bed from a company that would knowingly withhold information from consumers that could potentially seriously affect their health? It's tantamount to the tobacco industry knowingly withholding the debilitating effects of smoking. And doesn't it raise the question that if they would refuse to disclose this information for the health of their consumers, what else are they withholding? What exactly is in the supposedly non-toxic anti-microbial treatment that they are now putting on their beds to prevent mold? Do you think they would tell you if it was toxic?

I would buy this product

from Puerto Rico

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Super soft I love it.

Don't be fooled by the 100 Night Risk Free Trial

from Boulder

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

This bed ( both the C4 and the P5) have caused extreme discomfort. Even with customer support recommendations, nothing helped my lower back pain, which is something I have never experienced until having this bed. The frustration comes with with the return policy that costs 400$ for drop off and pick up. This was not clear when they said it was anrisk free trial- they never allowed me to speak to a manager and I was also out the cost of pillows and mattress cover they convinced us to buy. Very disappointing and STRONGLY discourage using this company because of their poor return policy.

Beautiful Bed

from Miami

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Beautiful
        • Comfortable
        • Elegante
        • Good Support
        • Soft Feel

Cons

• dimensions

• Hotels
        • Married

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

This Sleep Number Beds is beautiful, elegant, comfortable, and can be combined in any space for its attractive design.

I want to buy this product again

from United State

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape
        • Soft Feel
        • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I really want to buy this product again, for LV I was suffering from severe back pain and chronic before but after buying this product I feel very good in my health, I think the best thing is that it is not very soft and not so cruel that it is quite comfortable, On every visit he spends his whole day in my room above a bed, well I'm really thankful for those springs I did not feel it even without the pictures of the bed I feel that if I jump I'll go to heaven, and I do not forget the size of the bed It is very suitable and free of appendages on the sides making You have more room in the room, and the bed color is suitable for all the rooms it is very ideal of all Respects, well I think I will buy from this product again for my grandfather on his birthday I think he will become very happy.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Disappointed

from Woodbridge va

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Cool concept
          • Soft Feel

Cons

• Matress always slides off box spring
          • Middle is so uncomfortable

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I was so excited about getting my aleep number bed and being able to find my perfect fit but I never found it. I wake up in a pain and even had to see a doc for bow bad my hip and back hurt. I cant wait to get another bed that isnt the sleep number.

It's a great bed

from Chester GA

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape
          • Soft Feel
          • Sturdy

I just loved it

I will surely buy and recommend this product

from Twain Harte California

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
            • Good Support
            • Soft Feel

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

Love it so soft and comfy feel..

Loved it

from North Carolina USA

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
              • Good Support
              • Holds Shape
              • Soft Feel
              • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

These beds are extremely comfortable, they really help with my back problems

I would like to buy this bed again And again

from Alexandria va

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
                • Good Support
                • Holds Shape
                • Soft Feel
                • Sturdy

The bed is amazing. very comfortable 100% guaranteed

I love this bed and would buy it again!!

from Colville Washington

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
                  • Good Support
                  • Sturdy

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

It is my guest bed now! It has developed some lumps in the foam.