4.1

4.1

Pros

• Comfortable (99)
  • Good support (71)
  • Holds shape (53)
  • Durable (52)
  • Soft feel (52)

Cons

• Develops cavity (29)
  • Too soft (25)
  • Squeaks (22)
  • Lumpy (16)
  • Too hard (16)

• Primary bed (70)
  • Guest bed (50)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (49), Budget shopper (42), High-end shopper (18)
    • I received a sample (82), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (38)

Mold problem solved by Select Comfort Customer Service

Recently, I heard a news report regarding Select Comfort beds having mold issues.  We have had a king size pillowtop 5000 for 6 years and been quite satisfied.  After hearing this report I immediately unzipped my mattress cover and discovered there was mold on the foam cushion as well as the air chambers.  The next morning I called Customer Care with great concern as I expected them to tell me the warranty didn't apply  and I would have to purchase a new foam comfort pad and air chambers.  Plus I was experiencing sinus problems this winter that I'd never had before and wondered if it was due to the mold.  After explaining the problem to the customer service rep, she immediately stated that they would send me a new pillowtop, new foam comfort pad, both air chambers & the center foam wall "overnight" with no shipping charges.  Select Comfort was true to their word!  The only item they requested be returned was the old pillowtop and they sent a prepaid UPS shipping label to return it.  Most people realize "mold" is a serious health problem today and any company that cares about their customers would not intentionally put those customers at risk.  I appreciate the service I received,  the helpful and courteous way I was treated, and the quick replacement of the mattress parts at no cost to me.

Don't buy this bed

**READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY A SLEEP NUMBER BED!!**    My husband and I have owned one since 2004. The last few months I have become ill with constant sinus problems and severe allergy symptoms. So severe that it has affected my ability to work at times and I have had to miss work as a result. My husband was recently diagnosed with Asthma from our doctor and has been taking medicine to treat it. None of this made sense until today. I have been doing my own research into why we've had these symptoms and today I found the answer: I happened upon a website that talked about mold being a notorious problem with the Sleep Number bed. I ran upstairs and pulled back the foam mat and there it was on both sides of the bed - MOLD!!!  Sleep Number has known about this problem and has purposely not made consumers aware of it. They say that they have solved the problem on the beds made since 2005 by treating them with an anti-microbial agent. When I tried to get information on what chemicals are used in this treatment, I was told by a supervisor they could not disclose this information but was assured it was non-toxic. I wanted to see the documentation to support this and they said they would only provide it if I sent a request in writing, which I have. But here's the point: Why would you buy a bed from a company that would knowingly withhold information from consumers that could potentially seriously affect their health? It's tantamount to the tobacco industry knowingly withholding the debilitating effects of smoking. And doesn't it raise the question that if they would refuse to disclose this information for the health of their consumers, what else are they withholding? What exactly is in the supposedly non-toxic anti-microbial treatment that they are now putting on their beds to prevent mold? Do you think they would tell you if it was toxic?

It is a very comfortable bed.

from Cairo,Egypt

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape

Cons

• Too Soft

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

We have bought this bed when we moved to a new big house last year. Many people advised my dad to buy it. At the beginning I thought that the bed is not comfortable,but after my dad bought it to the guest room. I slept on it for one night. It was very comfortable and do not squeaks at all from that moment I did not sleep in my room I alwasys sleep in the guest room. My father shouted to me many times to sleep in my room but the bed is fantastic. Finally, he promise me to buy to me a bed like it in my room. This bed honeslty is very comfortable and good support and it has a perfect shape and design. Its only disadvantage that it is too soft. I advise anyone who wants to have a good sleep any time to buy this bed.In addition to, its price is good.

Love a great sleep

from Deltona fl

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Good Support

Cons

• None

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I have been through beds tbat were great at first then few mo th to a year pass and it is so uncomfortable, slouches, and developes a cavity and ehen i call the manufacturer the mattress is defective i have been through 3 already and was fed up. We checked reviews and went to the sleep number store and we were a little scared cause of the prices but the importance is the quality. When it arrived we wete excited. Our first night sleepbwas amazing! First time i felt well rested and didnt wake up with back or neck issues fabulous. Its been a few months and the bed it still perfect and there are absolutely no complaints what so ever. It holds it shape and hasnt change a bit. Best mattress we ever made!

Great bed

from Wilton California

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Develops Cavity

8" Personal Comfort A2 Bed vs Sleep Number Bed c2 - Queen
Persona Comfort matches the competition
ByC. Williamson December 12, 2016
Verified Purchase
We have a Sleep Number (SN) C2 bed, but ordered the Personal Comfort (PC) A2 bed for our second home, as I couldn't wait for the normal SN 4-6 week delivery and didn't want to pay the SN delivery charge. Though concerned that it would be as good - we are very pleased. The actual mattress, when adjusted, seems very similar to the SN.

We were told, and you can see on the websites ("Upgradeable"), that the SN & PC base bed (air chambers, side rails, etc.) are the same on the cheapest and most expensive beds. The only difference is the stuff you add on top of the air chambers. Those optional mattress covers and pads may be cheaper from someone other than SN & PC.

The adjustment is different in the following ways:

1- PC has two wired controllers. SN has one wireless controller that switches between sides. We don't really have a preference.
2 - PC adjusts from 5-50 by 1 number steps (ie - 19,20,21,22). SN adjusts from 5 to 100 by 5 number steps (ie - 30,35,40,45). I liked 19 better than 20 on the PC, which would have been either 35 or 40 on the Sleep Number - A bigger variance. So I give the edge to PC
3 - PC measures pressure continually, but doesn't adjust automatically - Temperature changes will show up on the controller pressure reading. SN sets to a setting and stays there, it also doesn't adjust automatically. PC allows you to see the reading in the morning and you can change it if you want to go back to the original evening setting - You have to be lying in the PC bed to make adjustments. The next night it may read differently, but should get to the desired reading when temperatures normalize. SC is simple. PC may have an advantage, but I'm not sure it matters as fluctuations are small.
4 - SN has a one button "Full Inflate", which you can use if you use the bed for exercise or something. To fully inflate the PC y

from cairo

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Develops Cavity

from CA

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I saw this bed on the Internet, and you bought one and it was very convenient. From the first moment I laid on it. I love everything about it! But the price was high some thing of a price range. But then I found out my sister has one, not only in the personal room but in her room as well. Ever since I found that I am there often spend the night. The bed is really amazing. Beautiful texture, keep it constitutes, nice and sturdy, all of the above. big bed

I dont like it

from Djerba

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Sturdy

Cons

• Squeaks
    • Too Hard

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I use it Évry day ans i dont like it

Nice

from Turkey

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Good Support

Cons

• Squeaks

Nice

from ERR, MA

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Squeaks

Sleep

Worse bed ever!

from Marion Ohio

Pros

Cons

• Too Hard

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I couldn't get one good night of sleeping! I woke up with back aches, which I'm considering getting an attorney because you won't refund my money for the base and my back is a hot mess. Buyer Beware!

Second time purchasing...but, never again

from Orange County, CA

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I owned a Sleep Number bed for 14 years and loved it. So, when it was time to replace it I got another one. What a mistake that was... I guess the quality has greatly declined over the years. The remote was inaccurate. The bed lost up to 20 points over the night and my entire body aches. When I called to return it, they wanted me to try and troubleshoot it and fix it myself. They did send me a 1.5" mattress topper which only made it worse. To return it was going to cost me between $175 and $60. But, the delivery guys took the original box, so now I have to find a box to send it back. AND pay to do it. At the very least - save your original box.