4.1
Sleep Number Beds

Read 1,041 Reviews

Sleep Number Beds

4.1

Pros

• Comfortable (180)
  • Good support (133)
  • Soft feel (100)
  • Holds shape (94)
  • Durable (90)

Cons

• Develops cavity (52)
  • Too soft (46)
  • Squeaks (37)
  • Lumpy (26)
  • Too hard (25)

• Primary bed (137)
  • Guest bed (87)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (88), Budget shopper (75), High-end shopper (37)
    • I received a sample (125), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (64)

Mold problem solved by Select Comfort Customer Service

Recently, I heard a news report regarding Select Comfort beds having mold issues.  We have had a king size pillowtop 5000 for 6 years and been quite satisfied.  After hearing this report I immediately unzipped my mattress cover and discovered there was mold on the foam cushion as well as the air chambers.  The next morning I called Customer Care with great concern as I expected them to tell me the warranty didn't apply  and I would have to purchase a new foam comfort pad and air chambers.  Plus I was experiencing sinus problems this winter that I'd never had before and wondered if it was due to the mold.  After explaining the problem to the customer service rep, she immediately stated that they would send me a new pillowtop, new foam comfort pad, both air chambers & the center foam wall "overnight" with no shipping charges.  Select Comfort was true to their word!  The only item they requested be returned was the old pillowtop and they sent a prepaid UPS shipping label to return it.  Most people realize "mold" is a serious health problem today and any company that cares about their customers would not intentionally put those customers at risk.  I appreciate the service I received,  the helpful and courteous way I was treated, and the quick replacement of the mattress parts at no cost to me.

Don't buy this bed

**READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY A SLEEP NUMBER BED!!**    My husband and I have owned one since 2004. The last few months I have become ill with constant sinus problems and severe allergy symptoms. So severe that it has affected my ability to work at times and I have had to miss work as a result. My husband was recently diagnosed with Asthma from our doctor and has been taking medicine to treat it. None of this made sense until today. I have been doing my own research into why we've had these symptoms and today I found the answer: I happened upon a website that talked about mold being a notorious problem with the Sleep Number bed. I ran upstairs and pulled back the foam mat and there it was on both sides of the bed - MOLD!!!  Sleep Number has known about this problem and has purposely not made consumers aware of it. They say that they have solved the problem on the beds made since 2005 by treating them with an anti-microbial agent. When I tried to get information on what chemicals are used in this treatment, I was told by a supervisor they could not disclose this information but was assured it was non-toxic. I wanted to see the documentation to support this and they said they would only provide it if I sent a request in writing, which I have. But here's the point: Why would you buy a bed from a company that would knowingly withhold information from consumers that could potentially seriously affect their health? It's tantamount to the tobacco industry knowingly withholding the debilitating effects of smoking. And doesn't it raise the question that if they would refuse to disclose this information for the health of their consumers, what else are they withholding? What exactly is in the supposedly non-toxic anti-microbial treatment that they are now putting on their beds to prevent mold? Do you think they would tell you if it was toxic?

Bought it strictly to help with my husband's snoring.

from Jonesboro Arkansas

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I liked it but it didn't do what I bought it for. Am willing to try a different type as a sample to try and see if the outcome is better. As someone who has had a broken back. I am always looking for a mattress that can give me comfort.

Would recommend

from Manati, Puerto Rico

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape

Great to sleep

from Puerto rico

Pros

Cons

• Too Hard

Good

Comfort and love

from Sacramento

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

This is my everyday bed, it's so comfortable and definitely affordable.

Fantastic beds

from West Orange NJ

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

As someone with a bad back I have to say I highly recommend these beds.

I love love love this mattress!!!

from Dothan al

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Soft Feel

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

This mattress has been such a game changer for me and my husband!! He gets to adjust his side and I get to adjust mine. It's great!! We both have completely different needs as to what we need out of a mattress to help us both get a better nights sleep!!! It's a bit pricey but I can assure you it's well worth it and the best investment!!!

I would reccommend this mattress

from Jacksboro TN

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape
          • Soft Feel

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

This bed is totally worth it's money!! I use could not sleep all night finally I can sleep all night without waking up. This bed is so soft but yet firm in the same way. NOW I can wake up fully rested it is amazing!! I highly recommend this to anyone. You also will fall in live with this bed!!

There is nothing more comfortable.

from Boston

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
            • Good Support
            • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

We have a Sleep Number on every bed in our house, master and guest. And I have slept on all of them, because why not? They are like sleeping on clouds— a nice firm, yet somehow soft cloud. I recommend these mattresses to everyone and everyone who sleeps at our house comments on how amazing the beds are and how well they sleep at night. I don't think we will ever purchase a different brand of mattress ever again.

This good

from Cavite , phil

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Too Soft

Its good and nice

Best nights sleep that I've ever had

from Pikeville,Ky

Pros

• Comfortable
              • Good Support
              • Holds Shape
              • Soft Feel
              • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I have always had problems with going to sleep and staying asleep. I would always assume that it was my pilllow because I would have a lot of neck and back pain when I would wake up. Never assumed it was my mattress since I had a nice memory foam topper but after trying virtually every pillow on the market I decided to go out and try new mattresses. That is when I tried and fell in love with the sleep number bed. Even though it felt good in the store I was still apprehensive but I took the risk and brought one home and it's the best decision that I have ever made. I wake up feeling fresh and renewed I wouldn't take a million dollars to go back to my traditional mattress again.