4.1

4.1

Pros

• Comfortable (114)
  • Good support (82)
  • Holds shape (61)
  • Soft feel (61)
  • Durable (58)

Cons

• Develops cavity (32)
  • Too soft (28)
  • Squeaks (25)
  • Lumpy (18)
  • Too hard (16)

• Primary bed (81)
  • Guest bed (59)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (55), Budget shopper (47), High-end shopper (24)
    • I received a sample (90), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (46)

Mold problem solved by Select Comfort Customer Service

Recently, I heard a news report regarding Select Comfort beds having mold issues.  We have had a king size pillowtop 5000 for 6 years and been quite satisfied.  After hearing this report I immediately unzipped my mattress cover and discovered there was mold on the foam cushion as well as the air chambers.  The next morning I called Customer Care with great concern as I expected them to tell me the warranty didn't apply  and I would have to purchase a new foam comfort pad and air chambers.  Plus I was experiencing sinus problems this winter that I'd never had before and wondered if it was due to the mold.  After explaining the problem to the customer service rep, she immediately stated that they would send me a new pillowtop, new foam comfort pad, both air chambers & the center foam wall "overnight" with no shipping charges.  Select Comfort was true to their word!  The only item they requested be returned was the old pillowtop and they sent a prepaid UPS shipping label to return it.  Most people realize "mold" is a serious health problem today and any company that cares about their customers would not intentionally put those customers at risk.  I appreciate the service I received,  the helpful and courteous way I was treated, and the quick replacement of the mattress parts at no cost to me.

Don't buy this bed

**READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY A SLEEP NUMBER BED!!**    My husband and I have owned one since 2004. The last few months I have become ill with constant sinus problems and severe allergy symptoms. So severe that it has affected my ability to work at times and I have had to miss work as a result. My husband was recently diagnosed with Asthma from our doctor and has been taking medicine to treat it. None of this made sense until today. I have been doing my own research into why we've had these symptoms and today I found the answer: I happened upon a website that talked about mold being a notorious problem with the Sleep Number bed. I ran upstairs and pulled back the foam mat and there it was on both sides of the bed - MOLD!!!  Sleep Number has known about this problem and has purposely not made consumers aware of it. They say that they have solved the problem on the beds made since 2005 by treating them with an anti-microbial agent. When I tried to get information on what chemicals are used in this treatment, I was told by a supervisor they could not disclose this information but was assured it was non-toxic. I wanted to see the documentation to support this and they said they would only provide it if I sent a request in writing, which I have. But here's the point: Why would you buy a bed from a company that would knowingly withhold information from consumers that could potentially seriously affect their health? It's tantamount to the tobacco industry knowingly withholding the debilitating effects of smoking. And doesn't it raise the question that if they would refuse to disclose this information for the health of their consumers, what else are they withholding? What exactly is in the supposedly non-toxic anti-microbial treatment that they are now putting on their beds to prevent mold? Do you think they would tell you if it was toxic?

Sleep Number Bed

from Indianapolis, IN

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Soft Feel

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I love this bed. Although I've started to get a diver from laying in one central spot its a very comfy and relaxing bed.

Excellent mattress!

from Colorado

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I had to wait to make sure I gave an honest review. The mattress was medium firm because my husband wants it to be firm while I on the other hand wants it to be a little soft. We purchased this mattress on a whim as a replacement for out expensive beautyrest mattress that was 3x more expensive and only lasted 1 year after the springs broke. Love love love this mattress. Priced so well delivery was quick the only downfall is having to wait 48 hours before you can sleep in it!!! This mattress sleeps very well and forms to your body. Ive only had it for about 1 month & so far its a good purchase. I purchased another one for another room. Im not disappointed.

I would recommend buying it

from Springfield Gardens, NY

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Squeaks

It is very excellent

Beautiful and practical product

from Libya

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

The product is beautiful, practical, reliable and very comfortable for the guest and the appearance of the coordinator is sufficient and beautiful and elegant and soft and is suitable for all occasions and also good for the near guest and long life, durable and strong at a reasonable rate.Its features are suitable for adults with high quality and unique design

this bed is the best

from morocco

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Soft Feel

Cons

• Too Soft

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

good product. hight quality. sleep like a king
      no words to describe this amazing product. you sleep like sleeping on a cloud.

Sleep number

from Hamza waddah morroco

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

This rank makes your sleep comfortable and make you forget your worries, it has the potential to move in the morning the best you just have to buy and try it good price for a hurry

from Cairo

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape
        • Soft Feel
        • Sturdy

Cons

• Lumpy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

The bed is very nice, comfortable, frankly excellent and an excellent company

THAT IS MY OPINION ABOUT IT

from Florida

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

Select Comfort does not support your body correctly. This is not how to get a good nights sleep. These beds are a gimmick to milk part of the huge mattress market. Seriously consider buying a Sealy Posterpedic or a Stearns & Foster from a reputable dealer like Haverty's Furniture.
          I did not like this mattress. It was fine at first, but then after a few years would not hold the air and I would have to constantly refill it. I recently purchased a latex mattress and am so far extremely happy with it.
          The select comfort bed is nice, but after time it really took alot of wear and tear and didnt hold up well. rolling out of bed on one side all the time ruined the foam along the edge so i was disappointed in that. I know i won't be getting another one.

from Fort Smith, Arkansas

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape
          • Soft Feel
          • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

Sleep Number Beds are really comfortable. You sleep through the night and do not toss and turn.

Its amazing thanks

from Tunisia rades

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Good Support

Cons

• Squeaks

Thanks