4.1
Sleep Number Beds

Sleep Number Beds

4.1

Pros

• Comfortable (126)
  • Good support (91)
  • Holds shape (68)
  • Soft feel (67)
  • Durable (63)

Cons

• Develops cavity (35)
  • Too soft (31)
  • Squeaks (29)
  • Lumpy (20)
  • Too hard (18)

• Primary bed (90)
  • Guest bed (67)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (58), Budget shopper (55), High-end shopper (27)
    • I received a sample (99), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (49)

Mold problem solved by Select Comfort Customer Service

Recently, I heard a news report regarding Select Comfort beds having mold issues.  We have had a king size pillowtop 5000 for 6 years and been quite satisfied.  After hearing this report I immediately unzipped my mattress cover and discovered there was mold on the foam cushion as well as the air chambers.  The next morning I called Customer Care with great concern as I expected them to tell me the warranty didn't apply  and I would have to purchase a new foam comfort pad and air chambers.  Plus I was experiencing sinus problems this winter that I'd never had before and wondered if it was due to the mold.  After explaining the problem to the customer service rep, she immediately stated that they would send me a new pillowtop, new foam comfort pad, both air chambers & the center foam wall "overnight" with no shipping charges.  Select Comfort was true to their word!  The only item they requested be returned was the old pillowtop and they sent a prepaid UPS shipping label to return it.  Most people realize "mold" is a serious health problem today and any company that cares about their customers would not intentionally put those customers at risk.  I appreciate the service I received,  the helpful and courteous way I was treated, and the quick replacement of the mattress parts at no cost to me.

Don't buy this bed

**READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY A SLEEP NUMBER BED!!**    My husband and I have owned one since 2004. The last few months I have become ill with constant sinus problems and severe allergy symptoms. So severe that it has affected my ability to work at times and I have had to miss work as a result. My husband was recently diagnosed with Asthma from our doctor and has been taking medicine to treat it. None of this made sense until today. I have been doing my own research into why we've had these symptoms and today I found the answer: I happened upon a website that talked about mold being a notorious problem with the Sleep Number bed. I ran upstairs and pulled back the foam mat and there it was on both sides of the bed - MOLD!!!  Sleep Number has known about this problem and has purposely not made consumers aware of it. They say that they have solved the problem on the beds made since 2005 by treating them with an anti-microbial agent. When I tried to get information on what chemicals are used in this treatment, I was told by a supervisor they could not disclose this information but was assured it was non-toxic. I wanted to see the documentation to support this and they said they would only provide it if I sent a request in writing, which I have. But here's the point: Why would you buy a bed from a company that would knowingly withhold information from consumers that could potentially seriously affect their health? It's tantamount to the tobacco industry knowingly withholding the debilitating effects of smoking. And doesn't it raise the question that if they would refuse to disclose this information for the health of their consumers, what else are they withholding? What exactly is in the supposedly non-toxic anti-microbial treatment that they are now putting on their beds to prevent mold? Do you think they would tell you if it was toxic?

It's just what I am looking for

from New York city

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I really love this bed. I was not sure at first but when I tried it I just went.. Oh my God this is what I am looking for. It's amazing

Gooood

from Aemo

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Soft Feel

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

The bed is very goooooòooooòoooooooòoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

sleep

from egypt

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • It's comfortable and does not make you feel tire

Cons

• He needs to develop more than this
      • Too Soft

• I use it personally because it is very comfortab

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

It is a very comfortable bed relatively cheap and does not feel tired and tired

PERFECT

from new york

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Develops Cavity

wonderfull

My husband finally sleeps though the night!

from Denver, CO

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

This bed has made my husband's nights so much better! Our last bed had mediocre support and got too hot, but this bed has kept him from moving to the couch halfway through the night.

Love it

from Copperas cove texas

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Holds Shape

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

I love my sleep number just now there's a divet where I sleep nightly

I would buy that bed

from Wetumka Ok

Pros

Cons

• Too Hard

Best bed ever

Aseel

from Sanna'a

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Sturdy

Cons

• Squeaks

This is very nice

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

GOOD

from CA

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Good Support

Cons

• Lumpy

Yfvdg

Best purchase ever

from Grand Rapids, Michigan

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape

Comments about Sleep Number Beds:

Most comfortable bed that I have ever bought in my life

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand