Other Mattresses:
Specialty Mattresses
Sleep Number
Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress

Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress

Pros

• Good support (7)
  • Comfortable (6)
  • Holds shape (6)
  • Soft feel (6)
  • Durable (4)

Cons

• Develops cavity (4)

• Primary bed (8)
  • Guest bed (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (7)

Select Comfort Sleep Number Queen 4000

Love my Sleep Number I am a sleep number thirty-five and my husband is a sleep number sixty-five. Its great that we are both comfortable and when our bodies ache or we need a change, we simply change our number. When you have a big difference like we do, you may need to ask for the extra foam piece to go between your air chambers. Otherwise, you may find that you roll to the center of the bed. I was thinking we had the 4000 but I believe it is the 6000 series. We did purchase an extra pillowtop as well and I love that. It helps to add that little bit of extra comfort to the bed. Once in a while we do open our bed and check the inside as I have heard of some people getting mold inside the mattress.I've never had that happen but we keep checking anyway. We also like to lay on our bed and use the remote to take the air setting all the way to one hundred and then bring it back down again to where it feels comfortable. We do this every six months or so just to see if we are still the same number.

No cuddling allowed the Sleep# C4 is spacious & offers variety.

The C4 by sleep number, in CAL KING, with pillow topper allows for a wide range of flexibilty when it comes to firmness, having 20 different levels.  The best thing about the bed is laying down on it when it is completely blown up (firm,) and lowering the level to what feels best to your back that day.

I have had it for two years, and I believe that the quality of the product has dramtically changed.  Though it is not horrible, it is nothing like when I first bought it.  For such a costly investment, I would have expected it to perform outstandingly for a longer period of time.

My favorite part of this bed is, is also the part I like least...

The CAL-King is like being on a small boat, raised high, ( the foundation and mattress are a few inches taller than conventional mattresses.  But if you want to cuddle with your loved one, you will be sailing in the sea, that is the huge crack that seperates your air, (your sleep #,) from your companion's, but without itthe bed would have no point.  I only wish that they made a mattress pillow top that helped with this, the one it has seems to contribute to the problem.

Unbeatable level of comfort

from India

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape

• Primary Bed

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

This mattress is perfect those who suffers from back related problems. I am one of them and it helped me big time in getting pain-free sleeping nights. It also cures snoring problems but i do not how! The mattress reduced my snoring to almost half giving me peaceful and noise-free nights of sleep.
    Firmness
    The firmness level of the mattress is just about right for me and also firm enough to offer support without being uncomfortable.
    The durability of the mattress seems to be of high quality and i would not find any reason of how one can damage this mattress. This mattress can last for many years with regular and proper usage.
    Comfort
    It gives world class comfort level to the user. I highly doubt any other mattress available in the market would have provided such level of comfort.

WORST BED EVER

from Tampa, FL

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Easy Clean Up

Cons

• Deflates
    • Develops Cavity
    • Feels Like Water Bed
    • Forms Towards Middle
    • Hard Assembly
    • No Cuddling

• Not Ideal Use Nightly

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

The absolute worst bed I have ever slept on. I have had my bed for about a year. I have back issues along with neck issues. I bought this bed thinking things would improve. This bed helps in the beginning (I think it was just sleeping in a different bed) but after about 5 months I was noticing how uncomfortable I was. My bed deflates constantly throughout the night (apparently nothing it wrong with it), the two chambers never match up ex: right side is set at 45 and left side is set at 45 and they don't feel the same at all. I didn't listen to all the bad reviews I read thinking that my experience would be different but it wasn't. Customer service is awful. When I bought the bed I was single and was not aware that the bed came in a single chamber option (salesperson knew I was the only one sleeping in the bed and never mentioned it) and once I found out about that option and asked to switch it out was told i had to pay $288 on top of delivery fees, and the bed that I had just bought. Customer services reps can be rude but some are really nice but not helpful at all. Takes forever to here something back if you use e-mail. The bed itself is no where near worth the price. I would pay maybe $400 at the most for this bed. Very unhappy, but there is nothing I can do about it. I will be purchasing another bed (not sleep number) to replace this and getting rid of my sleep number. If you are thinking about buying a sleep number, I would strongly suggest looking other places to see what else is out there, not worth the price, hassle of set up, or the sleepless nights.

Definitely the best

from St Barbara, CA

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Soft Feel
    • Sturdy

Definitely the best

Reduce pollution and protect the ecosystem, all your health care simply outstanding, the best on the market besides having enviable ease of use by all. Additionally quality guaranteed with the best standards worldwide, provides security when making a purchase rather than an investment that undoubtedly improve their welfare and quality of life for his family.

With our latest technology, excellent performance in safety, design and ergonomics, all in balance to work for the best results when making what more you want, be with your family without wasting your time. It is certainly just what I needed to solve the problem of selecting which mattress for comfort and care when resting and sleeping pleasure.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Super soft

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

This is the newest mattress that i have bought and i am extremely happy with it so far. It is a very comfortable mattress, as it feels like you are sleeping on a cloud. It is easy to fall aslee on because it is so soft and comfortable. It supports your body well and in the correct way. It is supportive enough to keep you up from sinking into the bed but soft enough for support. The bed is firm but not too firm. It keeps you inthe right spot and somewhat molds to your body position throughout the night which i like. The bed is very duarable, as i have seen so far. It had a heavy haul into my house from the store without a nick or scratch. The bed is used by myself and i can be pretty rough on it. I also have siblings who enjoy jumping on it and it is holding up very well. I would recommend this bed to couples as well as side sleepers. I am a side sleeper and this bed seems to suit me and my body very well.

A Great Investment

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

My husband and I purchased this bed because of my increasing back pain. We previously bought a Sealy temperpedic mattress but were very disappointed. We love our Sleep Number bed because we can choose our different settings to fit our individual needs. The settings can also be easily changed if desired. We chose to add a memory foam mattress topper to our bed at the recommendation of the Sleep Number employee. I believe this has made a significant impact in my rating of the bed. It was an investment upfront, but now two years later, my husband and I do not like sleeping on any other mattress. As a side note, the bed came in the mail in multiple boxes. It was very easy to set up and easy to take down when we moved. It actually helped us get a smaller moving truck when we moved.
      The mattress is insured, but it is recommended to purchase a surge protector for the power supply. The unit is insured if it stops working, but it is not covered if a thunderstorm causes an electrical surge.

Sleep Number Bed Classic Series

from Canton, OH

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

Sleep Number Bed Classic Series mattress has helped my back pain immensely! I have always suffered from back pain and my old mattress seemed to make my pain worse. But my Sleep Number Bed Classic Series mattress has helped me get many pain-free nights of sleep. As an added bonus it has helped my husbands snoring. I never expected that. But it has cut down on his snoring adding to my more peaceful night's of sleep.

Comfort
      The comfort of this mattress is unbeatable.

Support
      This mattress supports my back, so it eases the pain. It also offers great support for side sleepers. I even occasionally sleep on my tummy and it offers great support in that position as well.

Firmness
      The firmness of this mattress is perfect for me. It's firm enough to offer support. But not so firm that it makes it uncomfortable.

The durability of this mattress seems to be top of the line. I can't see how one would be able to damage this mattress. With regular use I can't see how it would need to be any more durable.

• Firmness:

comfortable and soft for a good sleep

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

Since I have bought Sleep Number, I am tossing and turning way less, because if it just does not feel right, I adjust the mattress, and the problem goes away. This bed did ease some of my back pains, but in the morning my necks and hips are sometimes sore and hurt a lot. It is nothing too terrible, and I am still convinced that the bed was a wise decision, and completely worth it.

Comfort
      This bed is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, and it helps to be able to adjust everything according to how I feel. It is so easy to fall asleep in, and I am able to wake up rested and cheerful on most days. I am also really impressed with the amount of features that are available with the bed.

Support
      The support on my back is amazing, even though I am not a back sleeper.

Firmness
      I greatly enjoy being able to adjust the firmness, so the bed doesn't make me sink into the mattress during the night and make me unable to get up in the mornings. I couldn't be more pleased.

This bed can hold up a lot of weight, and it shows no sign of breaking down early.

Comfortable for a Decent Price

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

Overall, the sleep number bed has been a good investment. It is comfortable, and it is a decent price (more affordable than competitors I have found). My husband loves it, and he is not a fan of firm mattresses, however I love firm mattresses and also find this one quite comfortable. It is truly a match for both of our tastes.

Comfort
      I find it extremely comfortable and I like the amount of firmness and hold the mattress has. It does not sink when you sit on it, and it conforms to the shape of your body when laying down. My husband also enjoys the comfort and flexibility of the mattress.

Support
      The mattress does not bend or sag when you get up, but instead goes back to its natural equilibrium position. It has great support for a sore back and neck while sleeping, and during my pregnancy I have found it to be an awesome relief for lower back pain during sleep.

Firmness
      It could be more firm, but I am pretty satisfied with the amount of firmness. My husband does not like firm beds but loves this one! It is the perfect in between for both of us, and a good compromise for those who like such opposites.

It is strong and durable, it does not sag or leave an imprint from your body. It comes with a guarantee so that it will last for a long time!

• Firmness:

The mattress we would recommend for pain issues

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

Wouldn't have any other mattress

We purchased our first sleep number bed when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. It was suggested to me that this was a relief and it would give my husband the option to sleep with his unique sleep setting to boot. Not only did this help my fibromyalgia but we soon needed to purchase one of these for my son who had suddenly developed a serious back issue from a highly recommended "name brand mattress" we had purchased when he moved out on his own. We immediately thought we had no choice but to try a sleep number bed to alleviate his pain. His pain was totally gone within a week's time. We have no issues with the bed except it initially loosing some air which they did handle immediately. We loved the bed so much we purchased the adjustable mattress base as soon as they had their first sale. This gives us the option of raising the head or foot when times require. We will be purchasing a 3rd sleep number when son number two requires a bed for a new residence.

• Firmness:

The best nights sleep ever

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c4 Mattress:

I love my sleep number bed. I have had it since 2006 and I still would not trade it for anything except a newer model. I fall asleep fast, stay asleep and wake up rested. This was not the case before I purchased a sleep number bed!

Comfort
      No doubt about it. With the dual adjustments for comfort both my husband and I each have our favorite number and it is not even close to one another. Two opposite numbers in the same bed and both of us are happy!

Support
      You can feel the support when you set your control to your number. I have never woke up with a backache because I laid in bed too long. Before my sleep number, I often woke up hurting everywhere.

Firmness
      You make it as soft or as firm as you want. You can sleep on a firm mattress tonight and a softer mattress tomorrow all with the change of the sleep number control.

I think after owning my bed for 8 years it is still very comfortable. The bed is an expensive purchase (not really the same price as a standard mattress as advertised). It is worth the money if you have any kind of back issues (my hubby does) and value a good nights sleep.