4.1
Sleep Number
Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress

Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress

4.1

Pros

• Comfortable (6)
  • Good support (6)
  • Soft feel (5)
  • Durable (3)

Cons

• Develops cavity (4)

• Primary bed (6)
  • Guest bed (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (5)

Be aware if you sleep toward the center of your bed...

First and foremost this company does have great customer service.

First and foremost this company does have great customer service.

We bought this bed instead of one of the others because it was on 'sale' (tho I still see it at the price we paid) and also we figured since we already owned a memory foam mattress topper if things were so so we could use our own instead of paying for those extras.

Once it arrived and was set up, we immediately saw improvement from our old mattress, but that isnt saying much because of the condition of our old mattress.

Being people who sleep toward the center, we had problems rolling off the air chambers. This was taken care of with a call to the company who sent us zippered chambers that took care of the roll factor. *It seems to be a common problem as it is the second FAQ question on their list.*

But Select Number uses a foam pad between the two air chambers. We found ourselves still sleeping on this and being able to feel it.

Another call to Sleep Number and they sent us a regular foam mattress topper for free to take care of that problem. And it has seem to. We did pull our our memory foam topper as well and all seems to be quite comfortable now.

This bed does feel so much better than our old one and it has a great warranty and great customer service to help you get the bed to fit you right.

Even though we dont have a digital read out for our 'sleep number' I feel the control gives you more options. I'm not exactly sure but I think the digital ones go by increments of 5 and this doesn't, just up and down as you hold the button.

BEWARE, it looses air over time!

Our sleep number bed is 10 years old. After the first 5 years, it began loosing air. I went from a 30 to now a 100. I have to add air 4 times per night. I loved it at first because I have a bad back, but now I wish I could afford a new bed, but I can't....so I suffer.

Comfort
It was great at first, but as it ages BEWARE!

Support
At first it is fabulous, but just wait...they loose air! BEWARE!

Firmness
It looses air all through the night.

It will not last! BEWARE!

Worth the price if you need comfort to sleep!

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

We're on our second Sleep Number mattress. The first one lasted over 20 years, so even though they might seem expensive at first, compare them to conventional mattresses and you'll see how you save over the long run. We just love how each side can be adjusted separately since we both like it differently. Also, it's helpful for women when you're pregnant (you can adjust things to suit how you're feeling) and whenever you have body aches and pains.

Comfort
Super comfortable not matter how you like it. One side can be super firm and the other soft soft, or anywhere in between. We have no fights this way since each person has their half just as they like it. And adjusting is simple with just the push of a button. A few seconds later, it's at the number you want.

Support
Regardless of whether you like it soft or hard, it gives you complete support from top to bottom. Your back is well cushioned. We've been using this mattress since we were in our 40's, and no one's developed any body issues because of it. In fact, I think it's warded off old-age issues.

Firmness
Make it as as firm or as soft as you want. You call the shots.

Our first one lasted more than 20 years. We hope to get at least that from its replacement.

Decent, but not great

from Utah

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

The concept of a different feel on each side of the bed is great, but in practical use, it only works well if you sleep a mile from your spouse. In other words, good for fights, bad for cuddling. Not recommended for couples unless you each want to adjust the firmness of your mattress simultaneously.

Comfort
If you try to sleep close to your spouse, one of you will probably end up with half your body on a firm mattress and the other half on a soft mattress. I woke up feeling extremely uneven in the morning.

Support
On the firmer settings, it does give great support.

Firmness
Adjustable firmness is a good concept, so if you can each comfortably find what you like, then it can give the desired firmness. It has a long range from soft to firm with several places in between (the levels aren't so wide apart that you would desire to be between two levels and unable to get there).

Seems like it will last quite a long time, although we haven't had it for very long yet.

• Firmness:

Good, but opt for higher model.

from Alabama

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

My husband was having sleep trouble so we bought a Sleep Number C2. I was hesitant to spend that much on a mattress but I complied because I know how valuable sleep is. We went to the store and tried it out and had it delivered. The bed does what it needs to do. You can adjust the firmness any way you wish, firmer or softer. However, I wish I would have opted for a model with a pillow top. The C2 is very basic and you know when you sit on it that you got the cheapest model. When one person sits on the edge of the bed and happens to sit on the air bag part, the person on the other end of the air bag shoots up on their side like a seesaw. Also there is a clear line down the middle of the bed where there are no air bags; of course each side has its own. We often roll down into this valley when tossing and turning at night. Our remotes do not have the digital readout, which I would have preferred but I was too cheap to upgrade. We have had the bed for about 2-3 years now and one day my daughter hit the remote too many times and now my remote has an issue to where it doesn’t work properly. But overall the bed does what it is designed to do. I still sleep fine. But if I had it to do over again I would have opted for the higher model with pillow top and digital remotes.

Comfort
I wish we had gotten the pillow top.

Firmness
It can get VERY firm if you want it to.

My husband's side looks flattened out compared to mine. Also my remote is now having issues.

• Firmness:

Amazing mattress for my aching back!

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

My Sleep Number mattress is wonderful for my back. I can adjust the firmness specifically to accommodate my lower back. Also, an added bonus is that my husband and I can enjoy different firmness levels.

Comfort
The Sleep Number mattress is always comfortable. I always notice a huge difference when I travel and must sleep on a conventional mattress.

Support
This is my absolutely favorite feature of the Sleep Number bed. I change the firmness depending on the needs of my lumbar area. Some days, a softer mattress alleviates pain. While on other days, a firmer mattress will alleviate the pain. A conventional mattress cannot offer that flexibility.

Firmness
The firmness is always just what I want whether very firm or softer. I can tailor the firmness exactly to my desires and needs.

My family has moved six times since purchasing my Sleep Number and the mattress has withstood all the packing and unpacking wonderfully. An added benefit is that the mattress takes up less space when moving and packing.

• Firmness:

Serta Sleep Number is great for couples!

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

Well made and designed mattress that keeps my wife and I both comfortable all night. Was pretty pricey but we feel it was worth it. Very pleased!

Comfort
So comfortable - both parties get what they want!

Support
You can adjust the support frankly however there are limits to the soft and firmness.

Firmness
Gets pretty firm if you dial it up however not as firm as a traditional firm mattress.

Has lasted us for two years now without any issues but a couple of tears in a seam. Probably caused by us however.

Best Sleep ever!

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

Its great for couples that love different firmness of their mattress. I have never been able to sleep better until we got this. I was able to have a nice soft mattress but still with great support for my back pain. I can actually get up out of bed in the morning instead of rolling off the mattress in pain.

I love this bed!

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

I really do love this bed. My husband and I have a King size and we both love the facet we can both sleep comfortably. I will say the only reason I am only giving it a 8 is because due to having the two separate mattress parts, there is a very distinct gap right in the middle. If the company can figure out how to minimize this it would be a 10!!

• Firmness:

Perfect Bed for partners with different preferences!

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

My spouse wanted a waterbed, however I needed a firm mattress, so the Sleep Number Bed was the perfect compromise for us. He could make his side soft and squishy, while mine stayed firm and supportive.

Comfort
The best bed I have ever slept on.

Support
I could have the firmness my back and neck required, at all times.

Firmness
The air chambers stayed at the firmness I selected, and my spouse could have his side the way he preferred.

I have had my bed for 20 yrs. and it's still like new. I have used the warranty to replace the foam inserts that stabilize the chambers.

Not happy with my bed. Not what I expected

from Milwaukee

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

The bed is no where near where I expected it to be. It has saggy spots. Well between the 2 bladders. It sinks weird. Where I sink into my husband. The plug things that attach to the air pump. They broke and had to be replaced. Was told to get them. I had to buy some new bladders. Which I do. The old bladders were not bad. Just the connector things were broke. The mattress and box slid forward all the time. They don't stay put. The bed was fairly expensive. For the quality we got. I would not recommend this bed at all. But at this point cannot afford another mattress and box spring. Stupid me when we looked at the Sleep Number. One side of me wanted to go looking at other brands of mattresses and box springs. But my husband was thinking this bed would be good. As you can adjust the firmness of each side of the bed.

Comfort
Not a very comfortable bed. I keep sinking in towards my husband. When we lay in the bed.

Support is ok only.

It is so so.

Not a very durable bed. The mattress covering is cheaply made.

• Firmness:

the bed is oversold to sound like it is way better than it is

Comments about Sleep Number Bed Classic Series c2 Mattress:

At first the bed was working perfect. then as the nights went on the air began to seal out of the bed, I try to re pump it up but basically the mattress is two sides sticking tog eater.

Comfort
No air just like a board

Support
since there is no softness left in the bed it is all support

Firmness
the bed holds its firmness quite well

the bed only lasted a few months