Other Mattresses:

Sleep Number Bed 7000 Mattress

Pros

Cons

• Firmness:

Sleep Number 7000 is money well spent!

When we got married five years ago, we purchased a middle of the line mattress and were satisfied with it for about 6 months, at which point my spouse and I both started getting terrible backaches.  We would even end up on the floor some nights because it was more comfortable than the bed.  I was complaining to my brother-in-law, who is also a chiropractor, and he highly recommended we get a Sleep Number bed.  The price tag seemed CRAZY at first, but after a few more nights on our terrible bed, I was DESPERATE for a good night's sleep.  We went into the sleep number store and ordered the 7000 model that day!  It took a couple weeks to be delivered, but it was worth the wait!  The first night we slept on it neither my spouse nor I (who both typically move a lot when we sleep) moved an inch.  We both woke up in the exact same position as we'd fallen asleep!  Talk about a great night's sleep!  Four years later and we still comment to each other on a regular basis how comfortable our bed is, how much we love it, and how it was money well spent.  I would recommend it for anyone who suffers from back pain, or who wakes up frequently during the night - it is the the best bed I've ever slept in.  It makes it hard to go on vacation because we have to leave our bed at home!

great if you like huffing flame retardant all night, every night

If you want to buy an expensive mattress, then you should buy an organic matterss. Savvy rest makes som great organic mattresses that are comparable in price to a lot of "luxury mattresses" out there. If you want to breath in flame retardants that are offgassing from your mattress, all night, every night, then by all means, buy this mattress, or another conventional mattress. It's great for your health to be breathing that. It also absorbs into your skin and gets in your bloodstream. Flame retardants have been known to cause fertility issues as well. So if you want to conceive, I would steer clear from a synthetic, conventionally made mattress. We had this for about a week and it smelled so bad like chemicals, it sparked my interest in learning about mattresses, and this is how I found out how hazardous flame retardants are to your health. Trust me, they are not good, spend a few extra bucks and go organic.

Super comfy

Comments about Sleep Number Bed 7000 Mattress:

This bed is like sleeping on a cloud. Or it can be like sleeping on a firm cloud. I like the adjustability involved. If I want a firmer mattress, I only have to adjust it with a little remote control. None of the manual adjustments that are sometimes required to make a bed comfier. I used to have back pain and after I purchased this bed, I found the most comfortable setting for me and have had no complaints since. The mattress is big enough for two to sleep comfortably, or one to have tons of space to mkve around in. I was very pleased with the reasonable price I got it for. I would rcommend this sleep number mattress...but if not this model, at least one. They all seem fairly comparable.

• Firmness:

Air only has one firmness

Comments about Sleep Number Bed 7000 Mattress:

Sleep number firmness is misleading. The counter-force to support your weight is due to the elasticity of the mattress walls not air compression. I found the sleep number bed to not vary in firmness. Air simply moves around from one area to another.

Comfort
The firmness is the same regardless of the number. There is no bounce to the bed. Just air.

A miracle!

Comments about Sleep Number Bed 7000 Mattress:

The sleep number bed has saved my life! I was having daily backpain that inhibited my abilty to do basic tasks. With the sleep number bed, I can adjust my side of the bed and my husband can still have his firmer side. I love that I can change the firmess on a daily basis if needed.

• Firmness:

Why did we wait so long to get one?

Comments about Sleep Number Bed 7000 Mattress:

A quality product in every way. From the salesperson to the installer, everyone knew their job and performed professionally.

Comfort
The best sleep I've ever had.The adjustment factor makes it possible to change the support level every day if I want, according to how I feel.

Support
So far it is outstanding.

Firmness
Able to adjust this to how I feel. Great!

Only had it 3 months, so can't say for sure. But I watched the installation and the materials are all first rate.

• Firmness:

Sleep Number 7000 is money well spent!

from Conway Springs, KS

Comments about Sleep Number Bed 7000 Mattress:

Sleep number beds are very comfortable

from Watertown, CT

Comments about Sleep Number Bed 7000 Mattress:

After reading these any many other consumer reviews, I finally gave in to my husband and bought one of these expensive beds. I am very glad I did. I have back and neck problems and get migraine headaches. My husband also has back problems. I like a firm mattress, he likes softer. This bed solved our problems for the most part. We each have our own perfect sleep number and can control our own side of the bed. The good thing is that the number does not lock in so if I have a really sore back due to lifting or the weather I can adjust the bed according to what is comfortable that day. I have had fewer aches and pains since I got this bed and it has also helped my headaches, I believe. My husband has also had less back pain and headaches. The only downfall to this bed besides the price is that you can actually see and feel the two separate chambers on either side of the bed. I feel this is a small price to pay for the comfort this bed provides.

Expensive, and STILL a bargain

from Charleston, WV

Comments about Sleep Number Bed 7000 Mattress:

You can NOT beat the sleep you get on a Select Comfort bed. Because your body does not feel the same every day, your mattress needs to be able to adjust for maximum sleep. Nothing on the market can touch it, from what I have seen.

Sleep Number 7000 Mattress

from Katy, TX

Comments about Sleep Number Bed 7000 Mattress:

We both suffered from back ache and stiff joints while sleeping on a traditional mattress. When we switched to a Sleep Number, we immediately noticed a change in how more relaxed, and less sore we were upon wakening. We love the adjustable sides and the fact that if either of us moves around in bed, or get up and comes back to bed, the other does not feel it. It is very comfortable. While it is pricey, the expense was offset by a good nights sleep. The middle space was more rigid.

Sleep number bed was what we needed

from Portland, OR

Comments about Sleep Number Bed 7000 Mattress:

We bought king size sleep number 7000 mattress when I was pregnant with my second child due to my bad back. It was the best thing we did because we finally got better sleep. We actually bought a temper pedic bed before this purchase and I found that the temperpedic bed was much harder than what I liked and the smell was unbearable especially when I was pregnant with morning sickness.

With the sleep number bed, my husband and I can adjust each side to our liking. I like mine a little on the soft side and he likes his side to be a little firm. It's also nice that if I do decide I want my side firm, I have that option. I would recommend the sleep number 7000 to anyone who is looking for a bed that you can control instead of living with the firmness of the bed you puchase and have no choice if it's not right for you once you get it home.

Sleep number 7000 is crap.

from Cape Porpoise, ME

Comments about Sleep Number Bed 7000 Mattress:

We bought this bed a few years ago. When they cam in to set it up I was a little worried about the plastic frame. It looked really cheep. My wife and I are bigger people just over 300lbs each and the dog and you have another 100 pounds. We had the bed for 2 years before it wouldn't hold air anymore and the frame broke. In short if you are a bigger person donot buy this bed.