Other Headphones:

Skullcandy Skullcrushers Consumer Headphones

Pros

Cons

Really a great product

I had heard about these headphones quite a bit before I decided to take the plunge and get some.  They are pricey and that was my main concern but after reading a lot about Skullcandy products, hearing my friends and family talk about them, etc.  I decided they were right for me.  I opted for this style rather than the ear buds because they block out more of the background noises which allows me to listen to my music at lower volumes than I would be able to otherwise.

They have great sound quality, seem to last well through wear and tear (I have a little one that plays with them if I forget to put them away), and I like the appearance options they come with.  They are also comfortable to wear, which was one of my concerns before I tried them because they seem quite bulky and heavy and I wasn't sure if I would actually use them if they were heavy/uncomfortable.  I use them mostly in my home so I can listen to music when I'm on the computer and my son is asleep but I have also used them on vacations, mowing the lawn, and out walking.  They don't look as sleek as the others but I like the quality and the sound they produce.

I'm sorry but they're awful

I received this headphones as a gift. My brother thought I would love them because I love music and in fact, I thought I would them too. Big dissapoinment. This headphones are really heavy in my opinion but also they break easily. They are also expensive but I do not want to complain about it. Bulky? A litle bit (of course for the price I expected something really better).I had the headphones for about 1 month and then they broke, easily, as stated before. The only good thing about them is the bass, man, that's awesome but I cannot pay a huge amount of money expecting some kind of 'awesome' headphones for the price and receive something that is so-so.I suggest you if you're looking into buy this set, think twice and compare prices to other brands. I'm currently using Beats by Dr. Dre and they're AMAZING. But yeah, that is only up to you. Skullcandy might be well-known but that does not mean you gotta buy them without thinking about it.

Intense Bass, and epic Design.

Comments about Skullcandy Skullcrushers Consumer Headphones:

I found these headphones amazing, especially while using noisy public transportation, like buses and airplanes. They help to isolate you, and keep you away from the annoying outside world. I entirely recommend these for students who take the bus, and those just looking for a cool new pair of headphones.

Sound Quality
The quality is amazing, but the bass sometimes clashes with he quality. That is to be expected when using heavy bass headphones.

Comfort
I find myself forgetting I even have them on, but after around an hour or two, it can strain your temples a bit. This is my personal experience, and I am a sensitive person, so you should not have any issues with these.

I love the classy design on these, it's just perfect. I find this sort of modern art soothing, and it just looks so cool.

The issue with all Skullcandy products is that you have to be careful with them, because they break easily. They always come with a lifetime warranty though, so break away I guess.

• Comfort:

Great Bass, great comfort, abysmally short-sighted Design.

Comments about Skullcandy Skullcrushers Consumer Headphones:

These are sufficient for the casual music listener. Mine were solid black with an added Microphone on the side, for gaming. They are designed to fold up for compact storage or travel, and have four important moving parts:

1: the center hinge. At the top, crest of the headphone is a "break" where they can fold over, and in half.
2: the middle extensions. At about the half-way on the headband, is an extending, locking mechanism that allows adjustment of the fit of the headphones.
3: on each bracket, holding the headphone speaker, is a delicate swivel joint that allows for about 80 degrees of movement between two locking positions, to allow the headphones to fold upward.
4: below each swivel is another, more delicate and more awkward Swivel that allows little more than 90 degrees of movement in the opposite axis of the previous swivel, to allow the facing direction of the headphone speakers to be turned outward, so that then the headphones fold in half from part 1, the hinge, they fold toward each other and meet.

This all makes for a great number of moving parts and delicate pieces, any one of which is likely to snap and break as the entire construction is made from this brittle carbon-like plastic. This also make repairing them almost impossible if they break at any point other than the headband itself.

Overall, they have decent ound, and are moderately fomfortable, but the construction is very poor and flimsy. The microphone part broke off completely after only two months of monderat use. Shortly there-after the

Sound Quality
The sound quality is very full and has a strong Bass with the provided in-line, battery-powered boost. The booster is about 4 inces up from the dual color-coded, Audio/microphone jacks. It has a sort of belt-clip, an intensity control, an on-off switch with colored "on" indicator, and us powered by one AA Type Battery.

The cord is very long, but not too long, and is quite sturdy.

The audio is extremely resonant and the headphones have sound-cancelling qualities to help keep outdide noise, outside!

I petsonally love th audio quality and have, since they broke, replaced the head-band with a hand-made bracket. They are worth the money and effort!

Comfort
The initial comfort was mostly poor due to the design of the headband. The headphones themselves (where the contact the ear) is very comfortable. 50/50 for me.

The overall design sucks. The are generlly hard to use, don't travel well, the battery runs don after being left on or only one ir two nights, and the folding/compact design makest them very vulnerable to breakage.

They broke. In multiple places. I had to replace the entire bracketing system that keeps thm on your head.

• Comfort:

This product is basically the value for the money.

Comments about Skullcandy Skullcrushers Consumer Headphones:

Honestly this is one of the best pair of headphones I have ever had. They fit both my unquenchable desire for bass and my comfort needs.

Sound Quality
One drawback is that you have to have the bass booster on for it to have maximum sound quality. Without the booster on it just sounds like a pair of those disposable headphones.

Comfort
As previously stated, the comfort is purely amazing. When I first bought them my 1st thoughts were that they would be like those uncomfortable pairs. When I tried them on, the comfort just purely blew me away!

The design is great based on the fact that it can fold up for extra portability. The problem is that they are made of plastic, which makes them both lightweight and less durable.

Great skullcandy headphones!!!!!

from Falls Church, VA

Comments about Skullcandy Skullcrushers Consumer Headphones:

The skullcandy skullcrushers headphones is great but the perfect ones in my opinion because I do not like big headphones I like the small ones which are the best ever. The style of the skullcandy skullcrushers headphones is amazing because of the color blue and they do look like skullcrushers which so cool. Plus, you have those skull drawings on the side of the headphones which is great. The sound quality of the skullcandy skullcrushers headphones is great is like you are in a live concert and they can make your ears feel like they are standing next to the huge speakers. If you are trying to good with the rock and cool look these headphones are perfect for that so you can consider getting them. If you like big headphones then you might consider buying them and paying a lot of attention to the reviews on the skullcandy skullcrushers headphones. You should buy as soon as possible if you are interested.

Skullcandy skull crushers headphones

from Lithia Springs, GA

Comments about Skullcandy Skullcrushers Consumer Headphones:

These headphones are definitely eye catching. You want to buy these if you want to be noticed. They come in a variety of bright attractive colors. As for the quality of the headphones, they are okay. They are made relatively well and fold up nicely. As for the sound, they are not very impressive. You are better off with buying cheaper sony headphones from your local super/megamart. They are a bit pricey for what they are, but if you want something stylish, these are the headphones for you. If you have sensitive ears, you might want to opt for over ear cup headphones because these can get uncomfortable over a good amount of time. If you are a casual music listener, these headphones should suffice, but if you are hardcore about your music and listening quality, look elsewhere.

These skullcrusher headphones are awesome!!!

from Doylestown, PA

Comments about Skullcandy Skullcrushers Consumer Headphones:

I bought these headphones to give to my boyfriend for his birthday. I was recommended skullcandy as a brand who designs and makes excellent quality headphones. I went with skullcrushers because I liked how they fit my ears and fit on my head and their volume and sound quality as well as being able to crank up the base which my boyfriend loves to do. These are totally awesome! They have amazing sound and volume. When turned up all the way I could literally feel my skull vibrating. This is an amazing quality product and I would definitely recommend these to anyone looking for headphones. They also have a long durable cord and fit comfortably and snug.He uses them with his ipod and they sound incredible. Definitely a good buy!!!!!! and an awesome product!!!!!!! Would definitely buy another pair of these!!!!!

Skullcrushers are awesome!

from Orrington, ME

Comments about Skullcandy Skullcrushers Consumer Headphones:

The Skullcandy Skullcrushers are one of the best headphones I have ever listened to. The bass is amazing and I love how you can control how loud you want the bass to be. The sound quality is great. The quality of the sound is so good that it rivals even the Dre Beats. Although the Dre Beats are better since the Skullcandy Skullcrushers are much less expensive and give you nearly just as good as sound, in my opinion, they are a smarter buy. But just because they are cheaper does not mean you will be dissapointed and left wishing you had spent more to go the extra mile. The bass is loud when you want it to be and quiet when you dont. I know a lot of other people who own the Skullcandy Skullcrushers and they say the same thing. Another great thing about these headphones are that no matter how loud you want the bass to be, it does not overwhelm the rest of the music. The bass never rattles. Overall they are great headphones

The comfort is horrible!

from Chelsea, MA

Comments about Skullcandy Skullcrushers Consumer Headphones:

The sound on these headphones are incredible. I really like the sound. Butttttt, like every product, there's always a problem. If you have a small head like i do. Yeah, do NOT bother buying them. They just slip of your head while your getting into the song. Not cool. But they're worth the price.

skull candy head phones

from Idaho Falls, ID

Comments about Skullcandy Skullcrushers Consumer Headphones:

I really am a fan of the skull candy headphones... they are comfortable to wear, not only that, when putting them away, they fold up nicely, without the bulk...like traditional headphones. They have great sound, almost like your stereo system is right there. Skull Candy headphones rock!!

Skullcrushers are great for bass, but a little uncomfortable.

from Ramona, CA

Comments about Skullcandy Skullcrushers Consumer Headphones:

I bought these headphones awhile ago for playing my bass guitar and for playing games late at night.  They really boom out the bass well and handle everything from techno to hip hop really well.  They also break down into a very convenient size for travel, and came with a cloth carrying case and a few adapters as well.  The bass boosting comes courtesy of a AA battery device half way up the cord with an on off switch.  Although with the booster turned off, the sound quality is very poor, so it needs to be on for it to really be enjoyable.  There is an adjustment dial on the booster as well to turn it down when the bass gets too ridiculous. I was a little disappointed in the materials used in the construction of the headphones.  Mostly plastic that broke on one side of the set after a few months of use.  I was able to repair it myself, but I'm still unhappy that it had to be repaired in the first place.