Other Headphones:
Earbud Headphones
Skullcandy
Models:
S2INCZ-033, S2INCB-008, S2INCZ-034, S2INCZ-035, S2INDZ-022, S2INCZ-036, S2INCZ-039, S2INCZ-040, S2INCZ-058, S2INCZ-045, S2INCZ-049, S2INCZ-052, S2INCZ-043, S2INBT-UB
Skullcandy Ink'd Headphones

Skullcandy Ink'd Headphones

Pros

Cons

Skullcandy Ink'd Headphones great quality sound & fits your ear

Skullcandy Ink'd Headphones great quality sound that actually fits in your ear. I like these headphones. I don't like the headphones that come standard with most products and MP3 players you buy these days, I always have trouble getting them to stay in my ears, some of them actually hurt and the sound quality is bad. **But not these Skullcandy headphones**. They are soft and fit in my ear great. They are comfortable. I get great sound quality from them too. I am very pleased with them. Their only flaw is that I tend to eventually wear them out and need another set, the wiring of most earbud sets is delicate and after a while the tugging and tangling will break the internal wires and you will need a new set. However the price on these is pretty reasonable so that is not too big of a problem. When listening to music the sound quality is good and the clarity of sound is good to. No distortion at all. Skullcandy is a good name in headphones from earbuds to headsets. You won't be dissapointed with how well they fit in your ears, the way they don't fall out and the sound quality you will get with them. I do recomend them.

Sound great but...

I am a small lady with small ears so I found this product a bit of a problem for them.  The sound quality is amazing and that alone should be the focus of this review but, unfortunately, comfort reigns supreme when they must become part of the body for any extended period of time.  The shape of the buds is what I found most uncomfortable.  After they had been in my ears for more than 15 mintues (I cycle so I use headphones for hours), they begin to get painful as heat causes expansion of my tissues and the plastic around the bud.  I had to remove them and go without music for the remainder of  my ride and that left me feeling naked!

Again, the sound quality is great but the comfort factor for my ears wasn't pleasing.  I ended up going to Gummies since the shape was better for my body.  Don't let my review keep you from trying them but keep in mind that not all styles and shapes are created equal.

Sandy

Depends how you like the feel

Comments about Skullcandy Ink'd Headphones:

Skullcandy has been a quality maker of headphones in recent years. After trying many different varieties found the Ink'd brand to be rather user dependent. The feel of these headphones in the ear is really where people come into question. Personally I prefer a less invasive headphone.

Skullcandy earphones rock! Literally.

from Jamaica, NY

Comments about Skullcandy Ink'd Headphones:

These headphones are fantastic! I've already bought two pairs, and intend to keep buying these when I need headphones, for myself and others.

It comes in a wide variety of colors, so it's great for everyone. There are pinks, purples, blues, greens, blacks, something for every taste in color.

The sound is unmatched. The sound plays directly into the ear, so it's like a surround sound experience. The sound is crystal clear and balanced perfectly. The ear fittings come in multiple sizes, so they fit everyone because they come in 3 different sizes.

However, the cord is weak. The cord breaks easily when twisted, especially at the base of the headphone jack. Another negative is the fittings, which are easy to lose. They fit great, but fall off easily. If the earphones came with a carrying case, it would be a lot easier to keep everything together and prevent the cord from breaking. Other than that, however, the product is fantastic.

Listen up Tater Tots

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Skullcandy Ink'd Headphones:

Welcome, friends, to the review that never ends. Read along read along.

I bought these for one reason, how small the ear buds are. There are no weird things sticking out an inch like the JBUDS do. There is no over the ear hanger thing. It’s just a little ear plug. Which I thought would be perfect.

I also bought it because it was cheap… So that’s two reason. I bought this for two reasons, it’s form factor and price. I paid 9 bucks. There are cheaper ones out there but I couldn’t find any with the form factor and the noise isolation which is another reason I got these.

THREE reasons why I bought these. Size, price, and noise isolation. The noise blocking on these is ok. It actually does block noise when properly docked in the ear. It’s not amazing or anything. Not like the Shure’s I have. Where it is like jabbing foam into my ear. But they do block out some noise.

Another reason I bought these, FOUR reasons is why I bought them. I can talk on the cell phone with them. I am not sure how they sound on the other end. The two people I asked said I sounded fine. They had no problem hearing me. As long as I had the buds seated in my ear right, I had no problem hearing them either. The noise isolation helped with that. My slight problem with them is that I am used to the hang up and call button being where the two cords meet, not half way up on the one cord. But otherwise it worked fine with my fancy dancy Palm Pixi. Yeah. That’s how I roll… Or call. Whatever.

A slight problem with this fiendish device is that when I went to watch a movie with them on, there is nothing signifying which is the left and the right. Or maybe I am just missing it? Perhaps it’s in code? Maybe they aren’t stereo? They sounded stereo. So that is a slight flaw in these, or in me. You be the judge.

They do sound good when worn properly. Nice bass and all. Not too overblown like the JBUDS.

Another drawback is that the whenever the cord is moved, or rustled, it transmits that sound to your ears. If you got the volume loud enough, or you are in loud environment it’s not too bad. But jogging around the block in the morning there is a steady ‘thump, thump, thump’ as it flaps against my chest. It’s Annoying.

But then comes the biggest downside for the SkullCandies. I cannot get them in my ear right and have them stay that way. They are constantly falling out during any movements such as jogging, bicycling, or weightlifting. I have tried curling the cord around my ear but they just fall out anyway. I tried both tips that come included and neither work very well.

Overall, I cannot recommend these for any physical activity but for sitting around talking on the phone or listening to some music while not moving they are fine. But for 8 bucks, what do you want?

• Comfort:

You get what you pay for

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Skullcandy Ink'd Headphones:

Skulllcandy ink’d headphones are what you buy when you just need any old earbuds as soon as possible. I cannot tell you how many of these I have seen people go through. I have had one set and used it just fine (I don’t wear headphones or earbuds too often) but when I gave them to my boyfriend, they didn’t last too long. My brother also enjoys these headphones, and I always see him with the Rasta colored ones, but he buys them so often that I know I could buy him a pair and he’d end up using it at some point because the last ones broke. Durability is not their strongpoint, especially when it comes to the cord.

The sound itself is neither here nor there. It’s a pretty standard headphone that gets the job done. The comfort is fine, but I find that the earbud pieces come off more often than my other headphones. I wouldn’t dissuade anyone from buying them as a cheap item to listen to music, but I wouldn’t recommend them to someone who would prefer a higher quality sound or more durable product.

good and reliable

from West Point, VA

Comments about Skullcandy Ink'd Headphones:

i had a terrible time finding earphones that did not fall out during running and exercise before but then someone told me about these. they are awesome little earphones and reliable. when I accidentally messed them up i tried to switch to something cheaper but then came back to these! can hear everything great and stay in your ears because they come with different sizes

Pretty good

from Evanston, IL

Comments about Skullcandy Ink'd Headphones:

A decent headphone with okay quality, but could have better features. For example, there is no volume control, only a play/pause/forward/back control on the mic thing. the quality of the cord itself could be better--I love how the apple headphones feel.

• Comfort:

Great sound quality and value for your money!

Comments about Skullcandy Ink'd Headphones:

These headphones are great because they come with different ear pieces so that you cna change them to where they are comfortable for you. Also these headphones help keep out outside noise while you are listening to music. They have something on the back of them that works to do that. Also they have several different color options. For someone who likes to use earbud headphones these are the ones to get. I won't buy another brand now.

Sound Quality
They have great sound quality and keep out background noise while you are listening to whatever you like to listen to.

Comfort
The different heads that it comes with are great for making sure you find the best comfort while you are listening.

I love the design of these ear buds. They are so simple and they don't take up too much space.

I have had my ear buds for several years and I have not had to replace them. I used them all through college, and I still use them now when I take walks and things like that.

• Comfort:

skullcandy- ink'd headphones are the best headphones.

from Waterbury, CT

Comments about Skullcandy Ink'd Headphones:

i love my skullcandy ink'd headphones there the best headphones i have used i have 2 pairs im not able to use the headphones that came with my apple ipod they don't fit into my ears and are uncomfortable for me to wear in my ears so im glad i purchased the skullcandy ink'd headphones they fit into my ears perfectly and they have great sound quality don't even have to put my vloume on high which is good, i can block out other sounds and i got them for a good price i can buy them at my job where i get a discount which is great to another thing they come in many colors u can choose from i have black and red ones and white ones there is nuttin really bad i can say bout the skullcandy ink'd headphones i don't know what i will do without my skullcandy ink'd headphones i recommend anybody that are looking to purchase the skullcandy ink'd headphones there a good investment i say go for it

Skullcandy Earbuds

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Skullcandy Ink'd Headphones:

These Skullcandy earbuds are the best headphones I have ever owned. With Apple iPod headphones, they would always fall out of my ear, or they would start to hurt my ears after extended periods of time with them in. With Skullcandy earbuds I don't have any of those problems! They fit perfectly, and it is handy that they come with extra fittings either smaller or larger depending on your preference. They have great sound quality at an affordable price, and there are many colors to choose from. When wearing them for extended periods of time they are still comfortable! The Skullcandy headphones also block out other sounds around you pretty well for just a small earbud, normally you have to get massive headphones to block out the outside noise surrounding you. They are easy to take care of, and durable. I purchased my Skullcandy headphones after listening to my music using my brother's Skullcandy headphones. Best decision I ever made, quality product!

• Comfort:

My daughter can ignore me even better with her Skullcandy!

from Stella, MO

Comments about Skullcandy Ink'd Headphones:

I have a teenage daughter who is, like most teen girls, plugged into her music a large part of the time. I bought her about 4 different pairs of headphones, and had each one go out in one ear, or just break altogether. This is no end of frustration! She finally decided to just buy a pair for herself, and wanted a *good *pair. Her older sister had gotten a pair of Skullcandy headphones for Christmas, and she was impressed with those, so did the sisterly thing and got a pair too. She had a tough time choosing a pair, since there was a lot of varieties in color choices. She loved the Paul Frank ones, and the rasta, but finally decided on purple. She was SO impressed with just the packaging alone! The earbuds came with stickers, two extra ear fittings, and a really long cord--yay!! Features:

- gold plated plug

- extra earbud sleeves for a better fit

- stickers

- lots of colors

- sound reduction feature

- really great sound

All in all, we are both happier with these earbuds than any she has tried!