4.1

Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Cashmere Rain for Dry Skin

4.1

Pros

Cons

Great for a smooth shave with no razor burn!

I wrote a review for [EOS Shaving lotion][1] . I *really* love that product but am finding it to be hard to locate. When I saw Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave in the health and beauty aisle at my grocery store, I thought it was worth a try. I was looking for something similar to EOS, like a lotion and not a foam or gel.

Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave certainly does fit the bill and does a comparable job to EOS. It is creamy and gives you a close shave with no razor burn. If you use it generously, you can even shave the bikini area and not worry about bumps. I really like this product. I have tried two different types and the formula for dry skin has a better scent, which is why I like it. I didn't really see any difference in the formulas between the two Skintimate Cream Shave products.

Here are a few things I didn't really care for when comparing Skintimate Cream Shave to EOS. EOS has a pump dispenser. Skintimate is an upside down bottle dispenser. You pull open the flower shaped bottom and squeeze the product from the bottom of the bottle. Pop it back closed after. I think it gets messy and leaves shaving cream scum on my bathtub organizer. It also tends to gunk up the razor more than EOS does. I don't have a huge problem with that because I like the consistency of the product and I think that is a major reason for the close shave, but I find I have to rinse the razor in the shower and shake it a little to get the residual cream off.

All-in-all, I think Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave is a fine product. It gives you a close shave, is easy to find, and is less expensive than the other product. Four stars for an above-average product.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/EOS-Shave-Cream-Ultra-Moisturizing-Lavender-Jasmine-7-fl-oz-review-19cc4

Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave - A little goes a long way

I've been a Skintimate user for years.  The reason I purchased this Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Dry Skin "Cashmere Rain" is because I got a really good deal on it.  Otherwise, I likely wouldn't have gotten it because of price.  Not that it would be terribly expensive, but I think I could get a better deal on another shaving cream.

The bottle design is cute--curvy bottle with a flower-looking pop-up top.  However, it's not practical.  I don't put the removable cap back onto my Skintimate bottles when I'm using them.  I think that's just an unnecessary hassle.  Thus, I did the same with this bottle.  Because of my shower design, I have a place where I can wedge the bottle upside-down in my shower.  I like that.  However, I realize that not all showers are designed the same.  If I had to keep the bottle on a ledge in my shower, I wouldn't like that the shaving cream would likely get on the ledge each time I sat it down (since I don't use the cap).  That would mean build-up and additional cleaning, of which I'm not a fan.

Even so, I like that a little goes a long way.  And even though it is very soft and creamy, it's not too difficult to rinse off after shaving.

Perfect for dry skin

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Cashmere Rain for Dry Skin:

The Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Cashmere Rain for Dry Skin is perfect for people with dry skin! I have extremely dry legs, especially during the winter time, so this cream shave is perfect! Also, it works like a charm for people with sensitive skin as well! My legs are so smooth now, without any red irritated bumps!

Skintimate Moisturizing cream shave

from Long Island, NY

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Cashmere Rain for Dry Skin:

I usually use skintimate shave gel, but when this product was on sale i figured i would try it. I found that it was very slippery to apply, but a little went a long way. I did not like that it slipped down my leg quite quickly, so when it it applied you have to get it quickly and apply it right away. It also is a little tough to squeeze out of the bottle and since it is a creamy product if you get it on your hands the bottle seems to slip out of your hand. I will use the rest of the product but in the future i will buy the shave gel instead of the cream shave. I usually shave every couple of days (or more when needed) and i did not find that this cream shave lasted any longer than the shave gel. I also found it hard to squeeze out the product when there was not too much left because as i squeezed the bottle the top was closing. the scent was subtle and a little goes a long way but i did not like the way it made my hands slippery and made the razor hard to hold.

The best shaving cream there ever was and is.

from dayton, TX

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Cashmere Rain for Dry Skin:

I love this product. This shaving cream not only gets me a smoother shave but it has a moisturizing feel to it which helps with my winter dry skin bumps and it works well with my razors. The creamy thick texture also helps my skin feel good after I get out of the shower. The smell is soft and sweet and is nice but could be a bit stronger. The only razor I have found that doesn't work well with it is the Venus embrace but all the other shave creams by the same brand as this one work well with the Venus embrace.

It helps for a smoother silkier shave and great feeling skin.

The scent is soft sweet and subtle. Very nice but could be stronger.

It's just average - nothing special, and the scent isn't great.

from Burtonsville, MD

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Cashmere Rain for Dry Skin:

This product gets the job done, and if it's on sale, I'll buy it. I can't say I love it though. I much prefer traditional Skintimate Shave Gel that lathers thick. This is basically body lotion. It has an odd texture. I don't love the smell and it doesn't later at all. Again - if you need to shave, this will do the trick, but it's not a great find.

This product is effective for shaving. I didn't get cuts with it, so no complaint there. It's just average though. Nothing special

The smell is really offputting with this product. I don't like it at all. It smells a little mediciney - and nothing like the yummy smelling tropical scents I'm used to with skintimate shave gel. I have to say, I'm not a fan.

Skintimate shaving cream is so smooth!!

from Buffalo Grove, IL

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Cashmere Rain for Dry Skin:

The shaving cream comes in an adorable and attractive package. The flower dispenser is very girly and sweet, though a bit impractical when you have to spend a little while opening and closing it.

It smells really nice, and I like that it doesn't lather, it just comes on as a thin layer. There's a lot in a bottle - it takes a long time to run out.

It really is moisturizing. I dont' know what they have in there, but after I shave with this stuff, I don't even need to moisturize. It leaves a very soft, smooth, and hairless (obviously) feeling everywhere you shave.

The cap is problematic and the flower dispenser does get dirty. If you keep it clean from the get-go it shouldn't be a problem, but if you don't notice for a while and suddenly find it dirty, it may mildly gross you out.

Overall, a very nice shaving cream. Not a hefty investment at all, and high quality relative to other shaving creams in the same price range.

No need for lotion after your shower with this cream shave!

from Wadsworth, OH

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Cashmere Rain for Dry Skin:

My husband got a great deal on Skintimate's Moisturizing Cream Shave for Dry Skin so he brought home a few bottles and I decided to give it a try even though I normally use shaving cream or a gel based shaving cream. Let me tell you, I am impressed with this cream shave! I like the pretty floral cap because you can store it upright in the shower and it won't fall down on your foot like a heavy can of shaving cream. I also like that you can squeeze out just the right amount unlike pressing a button and a whole bunch of shaving cream shoots out making you waste more. The fragrance is nice and light and very pretty at the same time. I like that you can apply a thin layer and it feels like a conditioner and cream at the same time. Shaving was a breeze with this cream and I didn't cut or nic my legs like I normally do with shaving gel and I even used a dull razor to test it out too! I usually use lotion after my shower, but there was no need when using this cream shave. My legs felt smoother and softer and I am adding this to my new favorite beauty must haves!

Smooth, Silky Shave

from Roswell, GA

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Cashmere Rain for Dry Skin:

I have always liked Skintimate Shaving Cream, so I was intrigued when they came out with "cream shave" as a new product. I love the packaging; there is a flower shaped area where the cream comes out. I was not sure at first whether or not I liked the product itself, but I have been won over. This is different from most shaving creams because it does not come out as a foam. Instead, the shave cream is literally just that -- a creme. It is like a lotion that does not lather. It took me awhile to get used to that, but now I love it! I always felt that I wasted a lot of shaving cream because more foam came out with one quick squirt than I really needed. This creme is easier to get the right amount -- a little goes a long way. It makes my legs feel silky and smooth, which I especially love in the winter when my skin tends to be much drier. Even though I had reservations at first, now I much prefer this "cream shave" to shaving cream. The only reason I gave this product four stars instead of five is because the cream can sometimes be a little more difficult to rinse out of the razor. Other than this small inconvenience, I love the product.

Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave

from Sanborn, IA

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Cashmere Rain for Dry Skin:

I tried out Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave for dry skin, infused with olive butter and soy, because I have extremely dry skin and was looking for a shaving cream that not only helped protect my legs when I shaved, but also moisturized them.  I've found that the Skintimate Cream Shave does moisturize my legs as my legs are not as dry and itchy as after I get out of the shower after shaving so that really helps.  One thing that I don't like about this cream shave is that it is non foaming.  It comes out in a lotion form and you have to rub it on your legs and it is slippery!  More than once I've had it where the cream shave has slipped off my hand and onto the shower floor - so be careful!  The shaving creme also has a tendency to stick to your razor making it harder to rince than foaming shaving creme. Other than that, I would recommend using this as it does a great job with helping to prevent dryness after shaving my legs.  The scent of Cashmere Rain is also appealing and very feminine.

Luxurious shaving cream

from Northfield, MN

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Cashmere Rain for Dry Skin:

Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave is a fun product to use.  It is specifically for use with dry skin.  Especially at this time of year, I appreciate a shaving cream that adds moisture to my legs so that they do not get too dry.  The variety that I am reviewing is described on the packaging as "infused with Olive Butter and Soy" and "Cashmere Rain"  It is 6 ounces, but it lasts for a long time.  The way it works is to remove the cap, pull the dispense down, and dispense cream into your palm.  It is not like gel that lathers up a lot more as it is applied, but it doesn't take a lot of cream to shave your legs.  The bottle claims "a thin layer is all you need!" and I have found that to be true.  I like this shaving cream better than any I have used before. Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave is more luxurious than using a gel or soap and it leaves my legs feeling smoother, more hydrated, and sexier.

Nice, makes my legs smooth!

from Campbellsville, KY

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Cashmere Rain for Dry Skin:

I enjoy using Skintimate Moisturizing cream shave for dry skin.  A few reasons that I appreciate this shaving cream are:

It smells good. Other shaving creams seem to forget about this aspect, but Skintimate does a good job of making the cream smell nice as well as work well.

It moisturizes well - I don't have to put lotion on my legs after to sink in the moisture, because the shaving cream moisturizes well enough.

The flower dispenser top is pretty.

It's inexpensive.

A few things I don't enjoy about using Skintimate shaving cream are that:

The gunk from the cream and hair gets stuck in the razor, and so it makes the razor wear out early.

The dispenser gets messy easily, probably because it's just a squeeze bottle. I often forget to put the lid back on the bottle, reasoning that I can just pop the top down to lock it in. However, I forget to pop the flower top back down, so it ends up gettting all over the shower.