Other Spirits:
Skinnygirl
Skinnygirl Margarita

Skinnygirl Margarita

Love It!

Even though I read the reviews, I decided to go ahead and give the SM a try. I love margaritas but not the calories or the sometimes (overly) sweetness. I love the Skinny Girl Margarita's flavor. Not too salty, not too sweet. In my opinion, just perfect. It is on the light side, but I think that is the point. This is my new favorite drink. I'm wondering if maybe some people just tried a bad batch, after all this drink is fairly new. Or maybe these people weren't fans of margaritas in the first place. IDK. But I give it 5 stars!

Just not right...

Had to write a review on this one since I was SO excited to try it... Then sadly realized it was a complete waste of my money upon my first sip. It definitely does not taste anything like an actual margarita, and DEFINITELY a lot more like nail polish remover as I've read in other reviews... I bet I could come up with a much tastier skinny margarita myself. What a disappointment. :(

Will not purchase again

from Michigan

Pros

Cons

• Lacks Flavor

Not authentic

good for cleaning my toilet bowl!

from Canada

About Me Chef, Foodie, Frequent Diner, Health Conscious, Simple Tastes

Comments about Skinnygirl Margarita:

i wish i could say i liked it,but it wasn't even bad,it was horrific,my boyfriend couldn't even smell it from my glass,it was so toxic....sorry Bethany,gave it a try,do u actually drink this?? people really do have different tastes!! but toilet bowl cleaner is not one of mine.

Not a pleasant experience

Comments about Skinnygirl Margarita:

Uh, no. It's watery and tastes nothing like a margarita, just some strange chemical ickiness. I took one sip and poured it down the sink. The only way I'll get through this bottle is if I use it as meat marinadet. Real limes and Rose's is the real skinny girl.

Like drinking lighter fluid

Comments about Skinnygirl Margarita:

Absolutely disgusting. This is like drinking turpentine. Both my fiancé and I took one drink,spit it out and poured the bottle down the sink. I thought that he was exaggerating when he spit it out, but then I tried it- no. It is absolutely disgusting. Gasoline, turpentine, lighter fluid- Don't waste your money.

Love it!

Comments about Skinnygirl Margarita:

I Loved it. I can't wait to try the peach now. Not sure what some people are drinking that they rate this as a nail polish remover, but I personally enjoyed it. I had a really hard day and wanted something quick and easy, this was perfect. No mixing or adding, just salt and ice.

Terrible

Comments about Skinnygirl Margarita:

I love Bethenny Frankel and as soon as this was available locally I couldn't wait to try it. Big disappointment. Like others have said it has a very strange chemical taste. It doesn't taste like a Margarita whatsoever. And I drink mine on the rocks (not frozen) and I like tequila. Big waste of money.

Peach-flavored rubbing alcohol

Comments about Skinnygirl Margarita:

I REALLY wanted to like this and because I'm generally happy sipping Jim Beam or Pinnacle Whipped, nobody is likely to consider me a Top-Shelf Girl.... but this ranks below even my untrained palate. I bought this for a cocktail party only because one of my guests is extremely body-conscious; I was very disappointed. Being a gracious guest, she didn't complain but suggested it may benefit from a splash of vermouth and a few slices of peach (even canned).
      In short, it reminded me of that taste one is left with after smelling something like Sterno ... then imagine biting into a peach at the same time.

It's a great gimmick and everyone loves the Shadow Barbie on the bottle but in my opinion, it's back to the drawing board for this one, Skinny Girl.

Awful! Just juice real lemons and limes!

Comments about Skinnygirl Margarita:

I bought this because I wanted a quick and great tasting margarita that had no calories. It honestly tastes like its mixed with soap or some sort of chemicals, but it does NOT have the natural margarita taste that I had hoped for. I will NEVER buy it again. I will from now on go back to the true skinny girl margarita, which involves juicing real lemons/limes and adding tequila/triplesec and ice! A better deal for the price if you ask me!

Light and refreshing over ice!

Comments about Skinnygirl Margarita:

This is not for people who like sugary margarita mixes. It tastes similar to a simple one I make with white tequila, lime juice, water and agave nectar. I liked it! Should definitely pour over ice and add lime twist.

I thought I had gotten a bad bottle

Comments about Skinnygirl Margarita:

I am a margarita fan, but I also like to watch my weight....so I decided to finally try the Skinny Girl Margarita.

Ick...I truly thought that maybe I had gotten a bad bottle of this stuff when I took the first sip. So I immediately went on line to read the other reviews. I have to agree with one of the other reviewers that this stuff tastes like nail polish remover.