Other Insurance Companies:
SkiSafe

SkiSafe

SkiSafe Insurance does not honor thier policy agreements

from Cool, CA

Comments about SkiSafe:

I just finished dealing with this unprofessional insurance company and will never go back. We contracted with NorCal Mastercraft for repairs on a SkiSafe insurance claim back in early August. The shop was non-responsive and took months to service our boat. In the end, we got terrible customer service and our boat is still not 100% repaired back to pre-accident conditions. The incompetent estimator at this shop colluded with the insurance adjustor and together they contradicted our claim and refused to fix things that were absolutely damaged in the accident, claiming they were old damage. They are WRONG. Due to their unprofessionalism and incompetence, I have cancelled my insurance policy and I will NEVER do business with NorCal MasterCraft nor SKISafe Insurance again. Too bad, since I am buying a new boat this summer. They WILL NOT get my business.

BEWARE INSURING WITH SKI SAFE

from Utah

Comments about SkiSafe:

You are asked to estimate the value of your boat and trailer. So I have a 1994 Bayliner in great condition and I estimated the trailer at $2k and the boat at $4k. They accepted this amount and charged me the premium accordingly.

Well, I had a fire on the axle on the trailer and had to replace it and the brakes with a total spend of $2100. When I filed a claim they came back (after making me turn in all kinds of information) and told me the boat was not worth $2000 but only worth $410 therefore with my deductible I got a big fat ZERO.

So SkiSafe charges thousands of people the premium - but if you make a claim - you are not going to get what you valued your boat at that THEY ACCEPTED. Go elsewhere for your insurance coverage.

SkiSafe is cheap and ready to deny your claim.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about SkiSafe:

SkiSafe boat insurance is cheap and great as long as you never really need to make a claim. I purchased my policy through Geico. When I had an accident they said I was in a "layup" period which does not cover the boat in the event of an accident on the water. They denied my claim and I'm out about 10K in damages. When I confronted them about the layup period the response was we told you to read through the policy and let us know if you had any questions. I think the fact that there is a period that your boat is not covered if you are using it should be something disclosed upfront and not just if someone asks about it. I had never had a boat and I knew nothing about all this and in the policy it says at the top that your covered all year but at the bottom with one small sentence it says may be subject to layup period. I think they will try to get out of any claim they can and be as vague as they can about the policy in order to do so. I will not use this company again. Notice the one other review is clearly an attempt to counter balance this bad review.

• Customer Service:
  • Available Plans:

Best insurance company I have every used.

Comments about SkiSafe:

Don't even bother to check anywhere else. These guys are the best. Buy the proper policy and you will have no problems.

Customer Service
Settled my claim quickly and pleasantly.

Available Plans
Plan I got was good price and exactly what I needed.

• Customer Service: