Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

SinuCleanse Nasal Wash System Neti Pot

Pros

Cons

Fantastic to have on hand during allergy season

I had heard about Neti Pots for years before actually trying one myself. The thought of putting water up one nostril and having it come out the other nostril grossed me out. My in laws swear by theirs. They both have terrible allergies and use their Neti pot religiously during allergy season. I finally gave in and decided to purchase one after a particularly bad allergy season. I read the directions on the box several times and still had difficulty trying to use the Neti pot initially. Finally after some trial and error (and watching a video on YouTube ), I finally figured out how to use the Neti pot correctly. It did feel strange at first but the results were almost immediate. I could actually breathe through my nose again, the sinus pressure had lessened and I felt better. Now I know why so many people swear by having a Neti pot. If anyone is considering it, I would recommend doing some research and watching a video on you tube so you can see it being used correctly. I can see how some people get frustrated by neti pots and feel they do not work. I think knowing how to use the neti pot correctly is key. Watching a video was what worked best for me as I had trouble getting the water up one nostril and out the other.

I experienced almost immediately relief after using a Neti pot for the first time. I now use it when I have a cold with nasal congestion or congestion due to allergies.

This took me several attempts before I figured out how to use correctly. I read the directions several times but it was through trial and error that I finally figured out how to use the Neti pot correctly.

Immediacy
The Neti pot is great at providing immediately relief.

Poorly executed

The concept of nasal rinsing is a topic for another discussion. Sufficed to say, it works well when properly done and is easy to perform. This product however does not make the process easier however. This neti pot is made from two pieces of plastic that divide the pot in half. The two halves are fused together in the middle which leaves a rough seam showing the two pieces. This seam can be quite irritating to the outside of your nose. I find this completely unacceptable as the only function of this neti pot is delivery the saline solution to your nose. While it does accomplish this, it only does so by causing you discomfort in the process. I've heard that plastic pots are safer because they are less likely to break when dropped. I would say that is true only if the plastic is of high quality. I have tried to use sandpaper remove the offending seam. I have succeeded however now the plastic surface itself is rough. Perhaps I will trying to find a finer grit of sandpaper to make it even smoother. I feel that is simply too much work to fix what shoud have been a very simple product.

It really works!

from Towson, MD

Comments about SinuCleanse Nasal Wash System Neti Pot:

I developed allergies later in life. I would walk around all summer feeling like I had a bad cold. The first time I ever saw Dr Oz, he was on Oprah extolling the virtues of the neti pot. He didn't mention any brand names, but I noticed the Sinucleanse product in my doctor's office. I decided it couldn't hurt to try. After using it for a week or so, I noticed I was feeling a lot better and was not using a box of Kleenex a day. What a relief!

For me, it did the trick. I've recommended it to all my friends and associates who complain about sinus issues.

I use the genie lamp looking variety- it can be a little messy. My husband swears by a squeeze bottle approach with the same Sinucleanse packets.

Immediacy
I do not use it as often as I used to. Now, the minute I start sniffling, I head for my Sinucleanse neti pot and packets. When I first starting using it, it took about a week to give me noticeable relief.

• Immediacy:

Feels and looks strange but is a real miracle worker

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about SinuCleanse Nasal Wash System Neti Pot:

The first time I used this product, it was an odd sensation and I was worried I felt like I was drowning. After I got used to the way it feels when being used, I think this is the greatest thing ever for sinus relief! It might feel strange, but when used properly, you get almost immediate relief in an all natural way. Things drain and you can suddenly breathe again, sometimes more clearly then before you even had sinus issues. The only downside is that doing it the right way can take a bit of practice and the sensation can take a bit of getting used to. But those minor things are worth the fantastic results you get!

This is the most effective non perscription and natural way to get sinus relief. One or two times of use and you will be good as new.

This is the down side to this product. Once you get the hang of it, it is super easy to use. But it takes some getting used to in order to perfect its use.

Immediacy
You feel releif immedietly after you use the netti pot. It will work faster than any drugs and not have any side effects.

• Immediacy:

Good product for nasal issues

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about SinuCleanse Nasal Wash System Neti Pot:

I have suffered with seasonal allergies for quite some time; along with other sinus issues. When I began seeing an alternative osteopathic physician, he introduced me to this option. I really appreciate using the neti pot for what previously I have been prescribed a pharmaceutical treatment.

Firstly, I appreciate that I don't have to worry about side effects or drug interactions when using this alternative.

Secondly, it is just so easy to use.

Lastly, I can use it while away from home on a trip just as easily as I use it at home. It does require bottled water, distilled water or previously boiled water but any of those three alternative are conveniently found pretty much no matter where I find myself. I do understand that it is recommended to be used daily by some practitioners, but I find that I only need to use it on days when I need it, such as when I have nasal congestion due to an allergy. Being able to limit use, for me, is so much of an advantage over using medications that must be taken everyday to remain effective. I am sold on this product.

Neti Pot

Comments about SinuCleanse Nasal Wash System Neti Pot:

So I'm not going to lie, I was terrified to try this thing at first! It's very scary looking and the thought of messing up and the water with the mix in going down my throat was overwhelming. It took me several tries to get the water to go in one nostril and out the other but once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy. It won't work if you are completely congested, you have to be able to breath somewhat well or the water will not get through. This is more for prevention, if you feel like you are starting to get sick or allergy season is coming. It did make my sinuses feel very clean and I did breath better when I was done so it does work.

The neti pot is more for use when you are just starting to get sick. It won't work if you are already congested. It actually does help clear up the nasal passages and your sinuses.

Not easy to figure out! Took me several tries to get it right, it would just go straight down my throat.

Immediacy
I used it several times a day for about a week and my cold never got that bad so it does work fairly quickly.

• Immediacy:

Works well if you can handle it.

Comments about SinuCleanse Nasal Wash System Neti Pot:

I should start this off by saying that I am not a fan of putting anything in my nose. I don't do well with nasal sprays, and I did not have high hopes for the Neti Pot either. But this actually worked well. I think the shape of the Neti Pot had a lot to do with it. I had tried a different one before, which had a spout on it more like a teapot, and somehow that made it more difficult to use. This is more like an extended lip on a cup, which I found to be easier to handle.

The Neti Pot in general is very effective, especially if you don't want to take pills or medications to help with allergy, sinus, or cold congestion.

It takes a little finesse to use a Neti Pot. It's easy to just pour it straight down your throat, which is not what you want to do. I think the shape of the pot itself helps keep you from doing that. You aren't able to put it back far enough to cause a problem.

Immediacy
The best part about using a Neti Pot is that you know if it worked immediately, and really there's no reason why it shouldn't work. You might have to do it a couple of times a day, but there's no waiting around and hoping for a pill to work.

Fantastic to have on hand during allergy season

Immediacy
The Neti pot is great at providing immediately relief.

• Immediacy:

My saving grace when I am sick

from 6478

Comments about SinuCleanse Nasal Wash System Neti Pot:

When my brother and father first started using the neti pot, I thought it was the oddest thing ever. I was like i would never used that!!! But then I got an awful head cold and couldn't breathe and was barely getting any relief from cold medications. Therefore I tried the neti pot! At first it is the weirdest thing, after all you are taking a water and saline solution and pouring it in on nostril and it comes out through the other. The concept freaked me at and at first I was getting a lot of the solution down my throat. However, the more I used it the more I could breathe. This was my saving gracing and it still is.

I suggest this product to a lot of my friends who do not like taking pills. I don't understand why people rather suffer through a cold rather then try and find some relief. I think this is perfect for people who hate suffering but also do not want to take pills.

My tip would be to make sure you clean this before and after use. Make sure to use distilled water, or you can even boil the water and let it cool before you use.

If you are thinking of buying this product, I say go for it, when you are sick this is truly a game changer.

• Immediacy:

So, so, so much better than the sinus rinse "squeeze bottle".

Comments about SinuCleanse Nasal Wash System Neti Pot:

This was recommended to me by my allergist, as I have terrible allergies. I originally bought the NetiPot brand "squeeze bottle", and absolutely hated it. I swore off the entire idea for quite some time, until I came down with a sinus infection and needed to give this another try. This time, I bought the Neti Pot - not the squeeze, but the product that is actually shaped like a pot. It's much more gentle and easy to use. It does not necessarily work well when you are very congestion, as there is just not enough power behind the water to break through the congestion, but to relieve some light allergies or light stuffiness this works well.

Doesn't work with severe congestion, but helps clear out the nasal passages with lighter congestion.

Very easy, however you will need to angle your head and NetiPot correctly - it will take some getting used to.

Immediacy
Clears things out right away, no having to wait.

This actually works

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about SinuCleanse Nasal Wash System Neti Pot:

This is a great natural method of relieving congestion and cleansing the sinuses without using drugs. However, I had to train myself to use it correctly.

It cleanses the sinuses without burning, and it actually feels good.

I had to train myself to use it right. For those unfamiliar with the product, you use the pot to infuse a warm, electrolyte -balanced solution into one nostril and the solution courses through the sinuses and out the other nostril because the head is held with that nostril downward. Training to use it meant to get the solution the right temperature, and holding my head in the right position while swallowing as I let the fluid in so that I wouldn't worry about water going into the lungs, which it doesn't.

Immediacy
If the side of the nose used to put in the solution is blocked, it's often much less blocked as soon as the solution reaches the other side and out the other nostril.

Waste of money!

from Reading, PA

Comments about SinuCleanse Nasal Wash System Neti Pot:

This product was such a waste of money (fortunately I didn't spend a lot of money)! Even though I read the instructions SEVERAL times, I just could not seem to get this to work! I've tried to use it on multiple occasions and I ended up feeling WORSE than from when I started using it!

It is very difficult to use! I am assuming you have to use it just right and no matter how hard I tried, it just didn't work. I ended up having water run down the back of my nose, down my throat, and still congested as ever.

I never felt relief! The water never seemed to drain through the other side after pouring it in, no matter how I tilted my head! I ended up frustrated with this and just threw it away after not figuring out how to get it to work!

Don't bother purchasing this - it's just not worth it! I was very disappointed after having several friends recommend this! Maybe it was the product itself that just wasn't effective? If it was from incorrect use, then they certainly need to make the product easier to use!