2.7

2.7

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Nice to own the Singer Sewquick.

Hello, I own the Singer SewQuick Handheld Sewing & Crafting Maching for sewing whatever I need to sew for the house. I have been ordering from sometime from different agencies and I ordered two of the same product of the Singer SewQuick Handheld Sewing & Crafting Machine. I like the way it sews and the way the product is made to sew clothes and I use it occassionally in my home. I like the way singer came up with a brand new product to use to make clothes with a handheld sewing product. You can travel with it and pack it in the suitcases and it is small of enough to carry in your purse or suit case of backpack. I like the different colors it comes in. Mine is white and I like the way it comes with a carrying case.

not impressive

I bought this a and it was a waste to me.I'm not really a professional seamstress but one of those do it yourself  person. I was raised with a family which both parents are interior decorators and a sister who does professional dressmaker by trade who cuts free hand for her customers.Im pretty experienced..would you say? And I thought this hand held device would make a great impression but I am so disappionted in it. It never could seem to work and I have not gotten it to stitch a foot me me yet.

Better than I Expected

from Virginia

Pros

• Portable

Cons

• Difficult To Use
  • Skips stitches

• Home
  • Quick Repairs

Comments about Singer Stitch Sew Quick Hand-Held Sewing Machine:

I don't consider myself an expert when it comes to sewing but I grew up watching my mother sew, and quickly took an interest in sewing. If you are familiar with using a sewing machine you know it's heavy, large and cannot be moved around.I have gotten in the habit of hand sewing small projects or when it comes to repairing quick projects such as a tear in a blanket or when a pair of pants needs hyming. I didn't have to think twice when I ran across the Singer Stitch Sew Hand-Held Sewing Machine for under $20 at Walmart. I figured I would try it out, I didn't have high expectations but I knew this portable sewing machine would be fun to try. I often hand sew small items around the house because hand sewing is less time consuming than using my sewing machine. This device comes with everything I needed to start sewing right away, except the batteries to operate it. I didn't have any problems threading the needle, it comes with a threader. I had an old set of curtains that I wanted to try it out on, and I was surprised at how easy it was, even though I had a hard time holding the machine and trying to feed the fabric through the needle. I had to go over it 2 times because the stitching was loose. I also noticed every few stiches were missing where the machine had skipped a stitch. This handheld sewing machine truly is fun to use, and beats hand sewing all the time.

• Was this a gift?:

The worst sewing machine ever

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Singer Stitch Sew Quick Hand-Held Sewing Machine:

I know saying something is the worst sounds harsh, but the singer stitch sew hand held sewing machine absolutely I'm my opinion was that. Even before purchasing it, I looked up the price and read some reviews about it and I think there were maybe one out of twelve that said it was okay. I do have a regular sewing machine, but my son had a project for school that only required a small amount of sewing so I figured for the price and the fact it was hand held maybe it was worth a shot. I got exactly what I paid for. It was pretty much a nightmare. First, I don't know why they call it hand held because you'd need three hands to even use it. Also it was extremely flimsy and I felt like I was scared if I dropped it the machine would have shattered. The features were terrible and what sent me over the edge was half way through sewing, the stitching began coming loose. I had to literally re-do everything using my regular large sewing machine. I probably would have been better off hand sewing than using this hand held sewing machine. Save your money and either hand sew or invest in a good sewing machine because this caused me a lot of time returning it and aggravation. I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Handheld sewing machine

Comments about Singer Stitch Sew Quick Hand-Held Sewing Machine:

I do not know what Singer was thinking by putting this out on the market, it is awful! I would rather sew with a needle, thread, and my two hands then ever use this again. First off it was really hard to hold this steady with one hand while keeping the material still with the other. Then the thread kept coming out of the needle. It also has no bottom bobbin so the thread unraveled unless you held it a certain way. I bought this since it was super cheap and I thought it would be good for hemming and quick fixes. I would much rather get out my big machine or sew by hand, this was a waste of money.

Stitch Performance
If you can figure out how to hold it steady it sews as well as a big machine. It only has one stitch setting though so you can only do simple sewing with this.

It was very hard to keep this steady and sew in a straight line.

Fabric Handling
I used it on cotton and it didn't tear it up.

Versatility
Would be hard to do quilts and other large items.

Don't waste your money

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Singer Stitch Sew Quick Hand-Held Sewing Machine:

I should have known from my previous experience with Singer products that the Singer Hand-held Electronic Sewing Machine would be a problem, but against my better judgement I still purchased it. This machine never worked properly from the the start. Whenever I would get a steady even hem going it would start to jam and eat my pant leg. I would end up cutting the thread and starting a new hem. This would happen every 5 seconds. The amount of time it took me to hem a pant leg with this device I could have done both by hand. Once I completed the first hem I started on the second and 1 minute into the sewing session my batteries died. The batteries were brand new and had only been use for 30 minutes in the Singer Hand-held. I replaced the batteries and began to sew the second leg and I had more success this time around. I decided to go extremely slow and I didn't experience any problems. Even though I experienced some success with this product I quickly realized that the quality of hem wasn't strong enough to withstand minimum pressure. Both of my hems came undone after my feet lightly brushed up against them when I was putting on my pants. I definitely wouldn't recommend the Singer Hand-Held Electronic Sewing Machine.

• Versatility:

This product is horrible!

Comments about Singer Stitch Sew Quick Hand-Held Sewing Machine:

I got this hand held sewing machine for my birthday last year, and it absolutely sucks. I ended up having to take it back to the store and get a refund on it because it just does not work. The quality of the product s not that great either. I felt like if I dropped it, it would probably shatter. I originally wanted it because I can't sew with a regular needle and thread and thought this would be good to have. I was wrong. I followed the instructions that came with it, and all of the thread ended up coming out after I was finished. It is hard to use, and took me about three hours just to figure it out. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Stitch Performance
All of the thread came out of what I was trying to sew. I tried several times, and the thread just would not stay in.

It is very difficult to use, as it took me three hours just to figure out how to start using it.

Doesn't seem very durable at all. I thought if I dropped it, that it would just shatter.

This product is a joke.

from Kansas

Comments about Singer Stitch Sew Quick Hand-Held Sewing Machine:

The Singer Hand-held Electronic Sewing Machine is seriously a joke. It is cheap for a reason. It is also bad for the Singer reputation since they are usually a great brand! This is a great concept but the fact that it literally can't do anything is a big issue.

I bought this hand-held sewing machine for small sewing jobs because I hate dragging out my bigger sewing machine. I am not an expert sewer but I have enough of an idea that I do know what I am doing. I got the device out and read the instructions. It seemed easy enough. I gave it a try and couldn't even get one stitch done because it just tangled up. I thought maybe I did a poor job of stringing it. I tried again and it still just got tangled up. I tried a few more times and it would NOT work! The next day I had a friend come over and asked her to give it a try because I assumed I had to be doing something wrong somehow! She had the exact same result.

Do not buy the Singer Hand-held Electronic Sewing Machine. I never even got one stitch out of it because the thread would just tangle. I know I did fine at stringing the device! It's just a really bad product.

Stitch Performance
Never got one stitch, so I can't rate this.

• Versatility:

This just does not work.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Singer Stitch Sew Quick Hand-Held Sewing Machine:

I am not one of those women that can make a lot of things or that is super crafty, I have a big sewing machine but it is so bulky and I really hate pulling it out, so when I saw this I thought it would be a great alternative, something that is really small that I can pull out whenever something small needs fixed or hemmed up. I read the instructions and even tried to watch some videos online on how to use this, all to a huge epic failure of me trying it out multiple times and almost ruining a few items of my children. This seems like it would be simple but getting it to work right and getting the hang of how to use it is almost impossible. This thing fits so awkwardly in your hands that it is hard to get it to move around and really get it to stitch the way that you want it to, and when it does stitch it does not look right or come out right. I am so disappointed in this because it was such a great idea and I thought that it would work so well, but all that it did was waste my money and make me even less convinced that I should be using any type of sewing product at all.

• Versatility:

Great for hemming pants (when it works)

Comments about Singer Stitch Sew Quick Hand-Held Sewing Machine:

I originally purchased the Singer Hand-held Electronic Sewing Machine to hem my dress pants for work. I wanted the convenience of not having to hem my pants by hand but did not want to have to drag out my larger sewing machine each time I needed to hem my pants. I settled on the Singer Hand-held Electronic Sewing Machine because I thought it would work well. I chose the Singer brand because Singer has an excellent reputation. This hand-held sewing machine does not live up to the Singer name. First, the thread jams frequently which usually means that you need to unthread the entire machine to pinpoint where the problem is with the thread. Second, the tension on the stitch is inconsistent. My hem is not always securely stitched. Finally, it is difficult to guide this machine to sew in a straight line. While I typically love the Singer line of products, I do not like the Singer Hand-held Electronic Sewing Machine at all.

In one word, Disapointing, in two, Last Resort

from Joplin, MO

Comments about Singer Stitch Sew Quick Hand-Held Sewing Machine:

I bought one at a garage sale, but the box hadn't even been opened. I was traveling a lot at the time, since my missionary family was on furlough. I thought it would be useful for all kinds of travel emergencies. The first time I tried to hem a pair of jeans, the needle bent. The flyer inside was quite clear that jeans wouldn't be a problem. I traded the needle and tried hemming some slacks instead, which worked fine. It was great for the things that I could have done easily by hand, but the things I wanted a machine for, the machine couldn't handle. It would start 'whirring' and then just give up or start pulling at the cloth or otherwise ruin my project.

It's simple and easy enough, until about five seconds into a project the machine decides it won't cooperate any more.

Fabric Handling
Most of the time this part of things was okay, but sometimes it would pull at the fabric and I would need to redo a section.

Versatility
Obviously more versatile than a regular sewing machine, but not as versatile as I had hoped. There is no option for backstitching, so you can only stitch in one direction, which is sometimes just fine, but sometimes a real pain.

Aside from a few things I have already mentioned, the design is just fine.

The needles that came with it were very weak, but as far as I know the machine itself is fine. I haven't had to repair it, but I haven't used it as much as I thought I might either.

• Versatility:

this is a terrible product

Comments about Singer Stitch Sew Quick Hand-Held Sewing Machine:

This machine sucks. Plain and simple. If you spend more than twenty-five cents on this awful 'sewing machine' then you are completely being ripped off. I have had this machine for five months and I wish I never bought it has been a complete waste of my time and money. I don't even know how many new needles I have had to buy, not to mention all the batteries because the cord won't stay in without it being taped around it. It is cheaper, quicker, and way less infuriating to just sew by hand.

Stitch Performance
The needle breaks all the time, on even just the thinnest of fabrics, and the stitches rip out of the fabric and come out ridiculously easily

It would be easy to use if it worked properly, I bought one and had to take it back because I thought it was just the one machine that didn't work and so I exchanged it and the same dang problems all over again.

Fabric Handling
Absolutely awful. Just awful. I couldn't even fix a hole on the side of my leggings with this.

The design is kind of just a, 'we don't want to take the time to think of something better'

If I could score this category less than a one, I would.