3.5
C14SH764
Singer Pro Finish Serger

Singer Pro Finish Serger

3.5

Not that easy to get used to!

from Pennellville, NY

Comments about Singer Pro Finish Serger:

After sewing for many years...pretty much since middle school and being a very confident sewer. I decided that I wanted to invest in a serger. Having had Singer Sewing Machines for most of my life, I decided to go with the Singer Serger. It was quite intimidating when I took it out of the box!! LOL I spent the better part of a week with instruction booklet right in hand and following along side by side to finally figure it out. I was able to use it but found it to be much more of a hassle than just whipping out my sewing machine to get the job done. Maybe it was just a matter of being used to what was comfortable. I find it to be very complicated, and can easily do the job with regular machine. Not to say that its not for everyone...Maybe just not for me. Maybe it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks!! LOL Best of luck to those who decide to purchase Serger machine...I have heard many people that love them!

Good machine

from Burlington, KS

Comments about Singer Pro Finish Serger:

It is great to have a serger around for those projects that need it every once in a while. I am not employed as a sewer, but I do my fair share of crafting and sewing, including local fairs. I've worked on things for weddings, costumes, and many things around the house. However I don't use the serger nearly as much as I thought i would. I love to have it around, but did well without one for many years. I was lucky to have bought this one with a group of friends so that we can pass it around as it is needed. The price for sergers it way too high most of the time. And for as often as it gets used i'm glad I didn't have to bear the whole cost on my own. I would probably use it more if it weren't for the fact that I am able to get by without it so much. It's a hassle to have to use two machines when one will do the work just fine. But the machine itself is very good. I used my mother's old one one time and this one was much easier to use. It is easier to thread with it's color coded diagram as well. A good machine... but unless you plan to use it a lot I wouldn't purchase it.