Other Sewing Machines:
Mechanical Sewing Machines
Singer
Singer Esteem II Mechanical Sewing Machine

Singer Esteem II Mechanical Sewing Machine

Singer Esteem has been great for myself as a beginner.

from Nashotah, WI

Comments about Singer Esteem II Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I recieved my Singer 2273 esteem II sewing machine for Christmas last year. I had agonized over which machine to get. I wanted a decent one but I didn't want to spend too much or get something that was beyond me as I was just starting to dip my toes in the sewing world. I feel that we made a great choice with this machine. For the most part, it has been able to do everything that I have wanted to do and if not, I've been able to make an easy modification. It's an easy machine to understand which was great as a beginner. The dvd included walked through the basic steps and it was easy to go from there and figure things out beyond that. I have had such a blast working with this machine and the various projects I've attempted.

I Love My Singer Esteem Sewing Machine

from Janesville, WI

Pros

Cons

Comments about Singer Esteem II Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I just learned to sew about 6 months ago, and bought this sewing machine because it was similar to the ones we had in our class. It is dependable and works great once you know your way around it. It is easy to use and easy to learn to use...I took it out of the box, plugged it in, and started sewing right away!

It is a little louder than I would like, but I certainly don't expect a silent sewing machine, especially not at this price point. It is a great value for the money. When I went shopping it was between this machine and two others, and I am so glad I picked this one.

It comes with accessories, like extra needles, thread, bobbins, etc, which is really nice. Since I am newer sewer, I didn't even think about needing extras like that until I needed them, and I was so glad they were available right way instead of having to stop my project to go to the store for more needles.

I would recommend this sewing machine to any beginner to intermediate sewer.

Singer Esteem is a great sewing machine.

from Orange Park, FL

Comments about Singer Esteem II Mechanical Sewing Machine:

We purchased this machine for my pre-teen daughter two Christmas' back. Neither of us have had experience sewing, but the directions were so simple we figured it out. With in the first week of owning it we had made placemats and napkins. My daughter also made and apron without my help. We found the machine easy to use and light enough to tote to friends houses for projects. I think I love the machine more than she does though.

Wonderful!

from Bemidji, MN

Comments about Singer Esteem II Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I love this sewing machine!

My husband bought this machine for me for graduation and I have been loving it ever since!  It's basic and easy to use but it also has a lot of fun functions.  It's also a very cute design, not that that's really important!  :)  I'm a novice sewer but the Singer Esteem II has made learning easy and fun.

The automatic needle threading function is wonderful and it's easy to thread the rest as well.  The back stitch lever is great -- I love that it's a push-down lever instead of a button, so it doesn't cause the machine to move backward.

There are many decorative stitch options that are fun to work with, and the basic stitches work beautifully.  The machine runs well and relatively quietly.  I can't say that I have anything bad to say about this machine!

Besides my Kitchenaid mixer, this Singer sewing machine is the best gift I was ever given!  I highly recommend it!