3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Singer NKOY2401 Sewing Machine is good for a little girl

I have lately been doing A LOT of sewing on my sewing machine and my 3 year old always wanted to help.  So my husband and I decided to get her a machine that she could play with.  We originally planned to simply buy a non functioning toy that she could pretend to sew on.  Then I found this.  The price is fairly low and, although it is not the highest quality, it DOES actually sew.  So when I am busy, I let my daughter simply pretend to be sewing along with me.  But when I have the time to supervise her and help her along, I let her actually sew things.  I have helped her make a pillow that she is so proud of that she takes it with her everywhere. And she has sewn, with my help, some blankets for her dolls and she's done just some random sewing on a piece of material just to get used to sewing.  She loves to make things and she loves to help Mommy.  This little sewing machine may not be appropriate for all small children, but if you have the time and the patience, and a quick learning child, this would be great for you.  It would also be good for slightly older children who could learn to use this without supervision.  It's an adorable machine and well worth the money for its purpose.

It was good for a little while.

My nine year was excited to get this machine. She loves to sew and has wanted to learn for a long time. This looked like a good option to teach her on a machine that would be easy to use. It was fairly easy to use at first and she was able to learn how to do some basic sewing with it. Threading the machine was simple. The little case that came with is was a great place to store accessories and other baubles. One problem for us was that it was very easy for it to get jammed with thread and after a few weeks I was having to fix it for her every time she used it. It also became very loud after a few uses which was very obnoxious. Over time my daughter decided that is was too much trouble to use and now uses my regular Singer for her projects, under my supervision of course. I would recommend a full size machine for a girl ready to learn to sew. For just playing around this smaller machine would still be a good option.

Great Teaching Tool

from Va

About Me Parent

Pros

• Affordable
  • Easy To Use
  • Light weight
  • Stores Easily

Cons

• Avoid Thick Fabric
  • Stitch Is Not Tight
  • Thread Often Jams

• Teaching Preteen To Sew

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

I have always enjoyed sewing after watching my mother use her sewing machine growing up. I have 3 girls now and my oldest received the Singer Electronic Sewing Machine for Christmas one year. At the time she was way too young to use it so it sat in her closet unopened. When she signed up for classes in school, one of her electives was Home Economics. I had taught her early on how to hand sew, but she didn't show much interest in sewing then. Now she's talking about how to use a sewing machine so I remembered this toy like sewing machine was still unopened so I gave it to her to practice on. It's very easy to thread, and actually sews! It has a foot pedal, and alot of the features a full size sewing machine has. I watched her make a simple pillow, the stiching was average but the look on her face once it was finished said it all. She was proud of her accomplishment, and has since made tons of items and has gotten very creative. Who would've thought such a child like gift could've brought a passion for sewing out.Now we are both working with my middle child to show her the art of sewing on this mini machine. She's still too young but she likes the design of this machine, and is learning in small steps.

• Primary use:
  • Personal
  • Was this a gift?:

Tot Learning Treat, Small Projects

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

I don't really use this device that often but my when my niece comes over to help aunty she gets pretty excited to try something new! I wouldn't use this as a portable sewing machine because really come on who would want really want carry this around and pull it out in the middle of a restaurant and be like o! honey your shirt sleeved ripped let me get that for you. Haha not that practicable I would rather wait to we got home then fix up his shirts or pants, what a normal and great house wife I am!

Stitch Performance
Not as tight as I would like it but my niece really loves it so I don't really thinks she cares about that, she hasn't said anything this far!

Very easy to use

Fabric Handling
Handles it good, don't put too thick of things, I have to watch my niece sometimes.

She loves the pink and she calls her own little pink goose

Pretty durable I mean I wouldn't purposely drop it or anything

Not worth the money

from Meredith, NH

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

My 6 y/o received this as a Christmas present and the machine fell apart the first time we used it. The tension knob came off and the lever in the back. We must have gotten a defective one but it also looking like it was used previously and returned.

Great Gift!

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

I got this for both my nine year old daughter and my eight year old niece. They've used it non-stop for months and doesn't seem to be breaking down anytime soon. The stitches don't seem to be the best, but hey this is for children and a pretty low price. Don't expect to get extreme wear out of the stitches on this, though. It's easy to use, and it only took them about a week or two to master it. It's not the best on thick fabric, but thinner fabric is great. I'd recommend this for beginning sewers. The last thing of love about this, of course, is the cute design! Looks great and goes with my daughters pink room theme.

Singer NKOY2401 Sewing Machine is good for a little girl

from La Rue, OH

the singer nkoy2401 is a great gift for young ladies

from Hammond, NY

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

the singer nkoy2401 is a great first sewing machine for budding crafters, it reminds me when i recieved my first sewing machine at the age of ten, ive been sewing ever since. its great teaching my grand dauhgter now.

Sew Lovly

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

I started sewing In 1960, It is a passion of mine. When I had my first born, (a girl) all I could think about is, when she's old enough I'l teach her how to sew, and I did. When my grand daughter came along, I was elated, and eager to teach her how to sew also. I knew she would love the Singer NKOY Sewing Machine. It's perfect for her, and ,a girly girl Singer Machine.Three generations of **advit Singer Sewing Machine users**, all taught on singer sweing machines. What a feat.

Singer kids machine is the best

from Broomfield, CO

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

Hmmm.... Where to start. About a year ago I bought my first sewing machine as an adult, my old one was atrocious, I've had it since I was a young teen. Once I got my new singer I loved it, I found myself using it a lot, the only problem, I have a two year old who wanted to sew. I finally convinced my husband to buy this product and she loves it. I let her have my scraps and everything is atrocious quality but because she is TWO. I've actually helped her sew her first craft apron and a pillow case on this machine and it does work. It is a great learning tool for kids because you can educate them about the machines on such a basic level. It's not geared at us adults and they don't really market it at "advanced sewers" or even the "beginner adults." which is fine, they know their marketing. I don't foresee myself buying another one of these because it has held up to a few falls from her "sewing table". I will keep this for any future children and then give it to a friend.

great toy

from Mobile, AL

Comments about Singer Electronic Sewing Machine:

This was purchased for our eight year old daughter who wants to sew like mommy.  This was a great toy but not  as realistic as we would have hoped for.  This machine requires alot of mom's attention, patience, and time.  I spent more time untangling, and threading her machine than she did sewing.  I would not recommend it unless your just looking for a "toy". I do mean toy.  This is in no way a machine to teach your little one to sew on.  I would like to see a beginner sewing machine with safety measures built it but still the quality of an adult machine.  It doesn't take children long to figure out that theirs is just a  toy.  The problem is that they want their toy to perform like mommy's machine and that just isn't going to happen!!!!!  Overall  she had fun with it in the beginning but lost interest in it quickly.  I would have probable saved my money and looked for a better machine to fit our needs.

It was good for a little while.

from Lebanon, OR