Other Airlines:

Pros

Cons

• Service:
    • In-Flight Accommodations:
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (8)

Pretty air stewardesses, personalized service, delicious wines..

Singapore Airlines - One of the Best!

Singapore Airlines - One of the Best!

The airline industry has segmented into 2 categories of carriers which 2 different target segments. Type A goes for the traveller who wants his/her travel comforts, and type B goes for the budget traveller who knows budget equals crappy service almost to the likes of Grey Hound.

Singapore Airlines belongs to type A. And boy, do they set a high standard! (This review pertains only to Business and First Class for Singapore Airlines)

People
Handsome Air Stewardesses! How many times have you taken an American domestic flight, and the Air Stewardess greeting you at the door was old enough to be your mother? This might sound mean. But this is the Service Industry, and if you don't look good, you don't sell, especially if your product is the service. Period.

Having pleasant looking faces and body lines serving you your champagne as you browse through the latest business or fashion magazine titles offered to you by these same beautiful people, is pleasing to anyone. Men or Women.

Service
In terms of service, everyone is doing pretty much the same. It is the little details that make the difference to me. For example, they make the effort to remember your name and call you, Mr. So and so or Ms. So and so. This is an effort at personalized service that just makes the passenger feel more at home.

One thing that makes the service outstanding, is that the Stewardesses often walk through the aisles to make sure that as and when the customer needs service, they are already there. Hence, I rarely use the "call for service" button.

F&B
Singapore Airlines has hired famed chefs around the world to design gourmet meals to satisfy every palette. From Japanese to American, to Italian and of course, Singaporean. The dishes are never the "microwave food" they serve in American carriers.

Another really great feature, is that you can choose and pre-order you meal online, so that you have an even wider selection to choose from. For example, I already pre-ordered my US Sirloin steak meal and my Japanese Teriyaki Chicken meal for my return flight to New York. I would not need to place my order again on the plane, they would just serve me once meal time rolls around.

Another important thing to note, is that they serve good quality alcohols, very important on long flights! Dom is a great champagne and makes a wonderful pre-take-off drink.

Planes
Singapore Airlines is well-known to have a great maintenance of their fleet to ensure safety and functionality of their planes. Their second-hand planes are widely sought after and the entire industry looks to Singapore Airlines when a new plane model is unveiled by Boeing or Airbus. Singapore Airlines conducts the most comprehensive research for plane purchases, and the Singapore Airlines choice would always be the industry choice as well. As demonstrated by the fact that Singapore Airlines is the first to fly the Airbus 380.

Inflight Entertainment
If you spend half your calendar year traveling, you will agree with me that entertainment on board is very very important. Singapore Airlines provides a great entertainment package called, KrisWorld. Movies on demand, allows you to view movies as and when you want to. No more waiting for movie to start or worse, having to watch it when it is already halfway done! It is also very up-to-date, for example, "I am Legend" is already released on the Kris World System.

There is a Nintendo game system built into this system, allowing younger family members to be entertained for hours at end.

Intangibles
Now, why I like Singapore Airlines that much is also because of the intangibles. For example, when I traveled from Hong Kong to Singapore once, I brought back a cheesecake for a friend. They kindly offered to store it in their refrigerator for me, although it is not exactly protocol to do so. There is a distinct human touch to their service, and they do not throw their company policy and regulations at you in rebuke.

In this day and age when computer and communications technology has lessened our need for direct genuine & sincere human interaction, Singapore Airlines has added that golden touch of humanity and sincerity into their product, and that is why I continue to choose Singapore Airlines whenever I travel.

Lastly, Singapore Airlines is almost always early, never late in their scheduled arrival timings, which make my business arrangements in the destination country much easier to plan for.

Notice I have not touch on any cons, because I don't believe there are any. Sometimes you get a couple of Stewardesses who maybe forgot how to smile, but that's more or less it.

Singapore Airlines, truly, A Great Way to Fly!

Flights get delayed

I booked a flight from Singapore to Dubai last year for a leisure trip and the flight was delayed for hours. The time of the flight was scheduled at 3:00 p.m. but it did not arrive till 7:00 p.m. and I had to keep waiting at the airport with my luggage and it was very inconvenient as well as I was with my family members. We had to keep asking the airport staff about the reason for the delay but got no reply.

The air lines offers a very poor service to its customers but the features inside the airplane are good and comfortable. The seats are quite comfortable and the other features available in a First Class flight include a personal LCD screen, headphones, audio and video on demand, complimentary food and drinks which are excellent in taste. The non veg was very tasty with the right amount of oil and spices contained in it that made it healthy to eat and appetizing. The service within the flight was better than on the airport. The hostess was very cooperative and responsive when I kept asking queries.

the bestt airline

from nyc.ny

Comments about Singapore Airlines:

i adore this beautifuland so amazing company the best i travel by the singapore airlines from moscow to zurich seats were very confortable dishes were so amazing i recomend this company for people who travels a lott but the pricr is so expensive.

Nice and tidey

from Libya

Goood

it's very good

from libya

amzing

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would like flay with Singapore Airlines again and again .

from Denver USA

Comments about Singapore Airlines:

I booked a flight from Singapore to Newyork last year for a leisure trip and the flight was delayed for hours. The time of the flight was scheduled at 3:00 a.m. it came on time. and I had not waiting at the airport with my luggage and it was very convenient as well as I was with my family members.
The air lines offers a very good service to its customers but the features inside the airplane are good and comfortable. The seats are quite comfortable and the other features available in a First Class flight include a personal LCD screen, headphones, audio and video on demand, complimentary food and drinks which are excellent in taste. The non veg was very tasty with the right amount of oil and spices contained in it that made it healthy to eat and appetizing. The service within the flight was better than on the airport. The hostess was very cooperative and responsive when I kept asking queries.

nice

Hello

good !

from LOS ANGELS

Comments about Singapore Airlines:

awesome but i think they must to improve from their planes

good airlines

from jeddah

Hello
It Airlines offers very beautiful and wonderful air services distinct from those I'm always where I travel to another countries

good

from algerien

Comments about Singapore Airlines:

Singapore airlines is one of the best airlines in the middle east.
Good stuff2 and service
The best!!!

one of the best

from oman

Comments about Singapore Airlines:

Singapore airlines is one of the best airlines in the middle east. Good stuff2 and service