View more cribs

Simplicity for Children Aspen 4-in-1 Deluxe Crib

Simplicity for Children Aspen 4-in-1 Deluxe Crib

3.3

Great product

We got this crib for our first baby almost 4 years ago for our first baby, I liked it that it converts into a toddler bed and has the storage drawer, that helps a lot. 2 years ago when we were havig a birthday party at home, one of the kids who attended the party broke the crib's mattress support ( it was a toddler bed then ) so we had to put the crib away. Then, months later I got pregnant with my second child and I decided to try to fix the crib, since everything else was still in good condition, so I called the manufacturer and told them what had happened with the crib, and they told me that they will send me a new crib, and I just ahd to pay for the shipping, that was way cheaper than buying a new crib, so they sent me the new crib in less than a week after I called, and then I sent them back the head and foot board of the old crib.

My husband put the crib together, and we are now using it for our baby. It is really a very good product, since it converts into a toddler bed and later on can be used as a full bed.

It just isn't safe

I bought this crib because it was very inexpensive and I did not have alot of money. I also liked the idea of having the drop side. When I first put the crib together(before my daughter was born) I thought it was a little flimsy, but I did not know too much about cribs so I just used it anyway. A few months after my daughter was born I saw a recall alert on my local news. It was for my crib, I was a mess I had no idea what to do. I immediately stopped using the crib and put my daughter in her pack n play to sleep and I called the company because they had a "repair kit". It had been about 5 weeks since I had called for the "repair kit" and I still had not recieved it so I called again and I was told that the company was not going to do anything to help unless your child was injured due to the problem that they had encountered. I was very upset and asked to talk to a manager and the manager said that they would send me the kit to "fix" the problem. Their "repair kit" was just a metal bracket that stopped the drop side from working. It took me 3 months to get the parts and several phone calls.

I never ended up putting the brackets on the crib I just went out and bought a new crib. I did not feel comfortable putting my daughter back in this crib

loved the look and the price

from Sullivan, IL

Comments about Simplicity for Children Aspen 4-in-1 Deluxe Crib:

I love this crib. It is appealing to the eye and the wallet. It is practical in that it does change as the stage goes along. It is also very durable. I layed on it with my daughter while it was a toddler bed to read a story every night. It held her and I and I wasn't even scared for us. It has been great with my 2nd daughter, it is back to a crib and is still quiet so that she doesn't wake as I lift the side if she's already asleep. Great Bargain.

Affordable, easy to put together, and grows with your child.

from Round Lake, MN

Comments about Simplicity for Children Aspen 4-in-1 Deluxe Crib:

Instructions were easy to follow. Crib is fairly easy to assemble. May need two people for attaching the mattress support.       Trundle drawer is nice if you are short on room; it fits nicely under the crib and is easy to access with the caster wheels.     Very affordable, especially since it adapts as your child grows.    Easy to disassemble and durable. I recently moved and had to take apart and reassemble this crib. Did not take much time to do either and crib stood up well to the move.    Overall, this crib is a very good buy.

SIMPLE AND DURABLE

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Simplicity for Children Aspen 4-in-1 Deluxe Crib:

I LOVE THIS CRIB. ITS CONVENIENT AND AFFORDABLE. I GOT IT AS A GIFT AT MY BABY SHOWER 4 YEARS AGO!!! AND AFTER 2 KIDS, ITS STILL IN GOOD CONDITION. I LOVE THAT IT CHANGES STAGES, FROM CRIB TO TODDLER BED AND TO A FULL TRANSITIONAL BED. IT WILL SAVE YOU MONEY. AND HAVE I MENTIONED ITS NOT EXPENSIVE!!

bad buy

from Riverview, FL

Comments about Simplicity for Children Aspen 4-in-1 Deluxe Crib:

This crib is beautiful!! BUT after a years time the wood warped and made a loud cracking sound that came from the top back of the crib.. when I went to see what happened the whole top was no longer flush. I called the manufactors and they give you the run around... no managers to speak to and no help! So here I am with a crib that is NOT SAFE for my child!!!

Great product

from San Antonio, TX

It just isn't safe

from Arizona City, AZ

Comments about Simplicity for Children Aspen 4-in-1 Deluxe Crib:

Simplicity for Children Aspen 4-in-1 Deluxe Crib -convertible!

from East Brunswick, NJ

Comments about Simplicity for Children Aspen 4-in-1 Deluxe Crib:

**Simplicity for Children Aspen 4-in-1 Deluxe Crib **is a quality and long lasting crib. I bought it specifically for its conversion features and am really glad I did. I did not need to invest in a bassinet at all.

At first the walls are up halfway so that you don’t hurt your back while picking up your baby. Then it has the convenient feature of raisin up the walls as the baby grows. The drop down wall feature is really great for diaper changes. Since I don’t use a changing table for my baby, this is my favorite feature. Once the baby starts to stand up it is very comforting to be able to adjust the wall height.

This is a very sturdy crib. My baby moves around the crib a lot, but the walls barely move with her! I am sure it is going to last me till my child is at least five or six years of age and I can upgrade to a toddler bed. Perhaps I’ll even convert it to a toddler bed as that is another part of its conversion features!

nice looking

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Simplicity for Children Aspen 4-in-1 Deluxe Crib:

I fell in love with this crib and had to have it despite advice from friends. People kept telling me that the trundle might be cute and useful with a baby but would not be useful for long and a toddler would break it quick. In fact, the trundle broke before my child even got around to breaking it, I think just from the weight of blankets in it. I could never recommend this as mine was not one included in the big recall but still the side did come off the crib a couple times. My child was rough and liked to rock back and forth hard and though his bed seemed fine the night before I found one end had come off and his bed was on the floor in the morning. At only a year old mine could climb out of the bed alone. It is nice that it converts to a toddler bed but I don't think the rails are big enough and my child has fallen out of bed a couple of times. I've started to wonder why I bought this thinking we would keep it for a long time after being chewed on by a baby and beaten up by a toddler.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

from Kennewick, WA

Comments about Simplicity for Children Aspen 4-in-1 Deluxe Crib:

When I was expecting our first child my husband was a student and we didn't have a lot of money.  This crib seemed to be okay and was inexpensive, but it turned out that we got what we paid for!  The wheels on the crib broke off before we even had our baby.  The wood was soft and the crib felt really flimsy overall.  The wood also scratched very easily.  After we had our baby we discovered that the drop down side falls down on it's own!  It was also hard to lock into place- not very helpful when you are trying to pull it up and lock it with a sleeping baby inside.  Even the trundle, which I thought would be a great asset was not durable and broke within a short amount of time.  After we quit using this crib there was a recall on it.  I wasn't really surprised while I am not sure what the exact problem caused the recall I know that this crib was just not durable and I didn't feel safe putting my baby in it.

Do not buy this product.

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Simplicity for Children Aspen 4-in-1 Deluxe Crib:

Due to the recall on the Aspen 4 in 1 crib, we had to replace the cribs once. But before that the wood mattress supports snapped in half on both of my kids cribs. The cribs that Simplicity sent to us to replace the cribs that broke & were included in the recall are extremely ***unstable feeling*** & the screws are constantly falling out, hence causing a possible choking hazard. I ***do not*** recommend this brand at all!