Other General Household Cleaners:

Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner

Pros

Cons

Great for many uses!

I read one of the reviews that this product is related to duct tape.  and I so agree!!  How funny.  I have heard so many uses for this product by friends and from online.  When I run out of shout for my clothing stains I just spray a little of this on the stain, wash it, and it comes right out.  I once was using cloth diapers for my baby and saw a home made laudry detergent.  It's super challanging to find a good washing soap for diapers and a lady on one of my many blogs I look at had this recipe for one on the website.  So I wipped up a batch and I thought how strange because it had Simple Green in the mixture.  Well let me tell you what...that was the best laundry soap I have used that was homemade.  It even said to spray a couple more squirts in the dispenser if your load was really big or really dirty and I really noticed a difference in my laundry. Especially the cloth diapers.  The only thing that I don't care for is the smell. But you do get used to it.

It cleaned, I think

My sister-in-law recommended this Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner to me after using it at work and home and having it work really well for her and her family. I was running just low enough on my normal counter cleaning product that the next time I was in a store I remembered what she said and grabbed a bottle for my house. It was a little more expensive than my usual product but since my family was raving about it I figured I might as well try it at least. I wiped my counters down with it but I didn't really feel like they were very clean and I definitely didn't feel like the product was worth the hype. I Think I'll stick to the tried and true next time.

Didn't seem to work as well as my usually cleaner and definitely didn't seem to work any better.

I think part of the reason I didn't really feel like my countertops weren't really clean was that the product doesn't really give off a fresh or clean scent.

A Cleaner Every House should Have

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner:

I have one of those mother-in-laws who claim to know everything, and I hate to admit it, but with Simple Green, she was right. When we bought our first house she gave me a bottle, claiming it did practically everything. Well, she was right.

What I love most about this product is its versatility. On greasy kitchen messes on my counter top or stove top, I use it full strength. I follow the directions on the bottle for diluting it and use it with my spray mop, instead of the pricey brand name cleaning solution. It is the perfect car interior cleaner. Steering wheels get really gross, and Simple Green cleans it easily. I love how clean it gets everything from my tires, to dash, to chrome clean. I know it can be used on material and carpet, just have not tried that yet. I love the fact that I can keep this one product and use it in place of 6 different ones ... a money and space saver!

I like the scent. My husband thinks it is too strong, but it disappears quickly.

Great For Tough Jobs

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner:

Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner works very well when it comes to taking care of tough jobs. I use this product to clean items I buy and resale during the spring and summer months when I have yard sales. I have use Simple Green to clean things such as: bicycles, plastic play sets, doll houses, glass television stands, brass and many more things.

This product also removes stains out of carpeting which I have use this product to clean and remove cat urine. I have used Simple Green to remove food stains and dirt from carpeting as well.

Simple Green removes grass, blood and grease stains from clothing as well. Whenever I have a tough stain to get out of my clothing I will spray Simple Green on the stained area of clothing and let the product sit for 45 minutes then wash. My clothing comes out clean and stain free.

I would recommend this product because it removes tough stains and it is a multi-purpose cleaner.

Best Multipurpose Cleaner Available

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner:

I LOVE Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner! I use it all over the house for all kinds of cleaning. One of the best parts about Simple Green is that it is nontoxic and biodegradable, so I don't feel as bad using it as I do some other chemicals.

Simple Green works well for most hard surfaces and for most types of messes. I use it in my kitchen sometimes to clean counters, and I use a diluted amount to clean cabinets and appliances. I've used it for car cleaning as well, and it works great. This would be a great product to keep on a boat or RV, too. I do normally dilute it a little bit because I feel like it works just as well (I buy the refill instead of a spray bottle every time). That wasy I spend less and it lasts longer. It isn't expensive, but diluting it a little bit just makes it last that much longer.

The undiluted scent can be a bit strong, so if you're sensitive to scents, definitely give it a sniff before buying. However, it's not strong enough to bother me, and it doesn't smell like "fumes" the way some cleaners do.

Wish I could use it

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner:

I do not have asthma and never have but something in Simple Green causes me to have difficulty breathing even if I am just in the room after it has been used. I really wish that I could use it because it really cleans well and I love that it is made from safe, green ingredients that are safe for my family and the environment. I have known a few other people who have the same reaction that I do so there must just be some ingredient that some people are allergic to.

Simple Green cleans really well. It is an excellent grease cutter even old grease. I have many friends who swear by it for cleaning vent hood filters and even ovens. The few times I have used it I used it on kitchen and bathroom surfaces and was really impressed with how well it worked, even on hairspray residue on the bathroom counters and sink. Unfortunately for me I don't want to have to wear a mask to clean my bathroom so I will have to stick to something else.

It literally hurts my chest and makes it hard for me to breath if I walk into a room where this has been used recently.

This really is an all purpose cleaner

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner:

Simple Green really is a great product. I have been buying and using this product for many years. I love to use it to clean my outdoor furniture and grill. We live in Florida and with pollen and lots of summer afternoon rain, our outdoor furniture never stays clean. This product works really well to make the furniture shine and look brand new again. It get the tough mold stains right off and you do not have to scrub much at all. It also works really well to clean the grill. We have a stainless steel grill that gets dirty so fast. Simple Green doesn't leave streaks behind on the stainless and makes it shine like new. It cuts through tough grease very easily.

This is a great all purpose cleaner that works on just about anything. I have used this on the toughest cleaning projects and it always works.

I am probably one of the odd people that likes the scent of this product. It is a distinct scent, but I think it smells great.

Simple green All Purpose Cleaner

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner:

I've been using this product for a very long time and won't give it up. It's non toxic, non abrasive and non flammable. I like the idea simply because it works well and we don't have to worry about the kids and pets getting into this. This product is very environmentally friendly so there in no need to worry about spills or accidents with it.

I think it works very well for counter-tops, tile. I also use it in the driveway and sidewalk to clean up small grease spots. It works good in the bathroom cleaning the toilet, sink and I have even cleaned dried toothpaste off of the mirror with it as well. It's non abrasive so you can use it on any smooth surfaces like porcelain, granite or even formica type counter tops.

It's a nice very distinct plant like scent but not at all floral. It smells much more masculine than that. I like it. It's very difficult to describe but not at all unpleasant. This product also comes in lemon scent which I also like and it has stronger strengths as well. There is even an industrial strength which can be used as a disinfectant.

Simple Green: Simple and Easy!

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner:

I almost have nostalgia for Simple Green because I grew up cleaning the bathroom counters with it every week. Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner is easy to use and effortlessly cleans surfaces like counter tops. I haven't used it on tile counters, so I don't know that it would work as well on something like that, but if you have a marble type counter top it works well. (Obviously if you have real, genuine marble maybe you should make sure this won't mess it up, but if you have fake marble you'll be fine.) After moving everything off of the counter, it's super easy to just spray this over the entire counter surface and then wait a moment or two before mopping it up with a clean rag and gently scrubbing off spots and stains as you go. I never remember having problems with stubborn stains not coming off or having to use tons of elbow grease. Simple Green is simple and easy for sure! And it's green. That used to fascinate me somehow.

Used this many years ago and like it.

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner:

I used this product many years ago probably when it first became available at stores in my area. I like it very well. I purchased the concentrated version of this and mixed it myself. I liked being able to do that and it made it convenient and affordable to have one cleaner that pretty much did everything depending on the concentration of the mix. We used it very diluted as a glass and all purpose cleaner and less diluted for a heavier cleaner and for mopping floors. I even used it in the laundry since my husband was logging at the time and would come home with some pretty grungy clothing. This boosted the laundry detergent and broke down the pitch and grime making his laundry come out so much cleaner. I can't find this product by the gallon any more around in my area, so I am pretty disappointed. I recommended this to several people I knew and anyone that tried it was pretty happy with the product as well.

I like the smell of this, it was not overly perfumed nor was it a heavy chemical smelling product.

Good non toxic alternative

from Michigan

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner:

This product is great for grease removal around the stove. I use it for my oven racks a lot. I barely had to scrub the racks. I let the racks sit for a moment and spray them down and it cleaned up the grease and etc with little effort. Not only is this product non toxic and environmentally friendly but it has saved me time because it works. This is a great cleaning solution if you have kids and/or pets. You don't have to worry about sending toxic chemicals into the air. This product is great for just about any light cleaning job around the house.

For the right things, it has an excellent performance record. Grease is one of those cleaning jobs it is great for. For other things it is less effective. It is a good all purpose cleaner and you have to try it and see what it works well on and what it doesn't work on. It is great for wiping surfaces in general. For tough cleaning jobs, there are probably better things that you could use.

Not terribly fond of the scent but it isn't terrible either.

One of my favorite cleaners.

Comments about Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner:

I have used many different cleaners for my countertops and appliances including Fantastic, 409 and Zep. Simple green is one of my favorites. My husband brought some home upon recommendation from someone at work; he noticed that the Fantastic and 409 I was using on our black Corian countertops was dulling the color and taking away the shine. Both the SImple green and the Zep work equally well at cleaning my countertops without leaving a dull residue. If have found that the simple green both cleans the countertops and leaves them shiny. I like that they are also more environmentally minded than other brands of cleaning products. I tend to like a stronger citrus scent, put performance is more importance to me.

Works well on kitchen countertops and stainless steel appliances.

There isn't much of a scent which is fine since I would rather have a fresh, neutral scent than something too floral or overpowering.