3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Firmness:

MY SIMMONS BEAUTY REST MATTRESS IS SO COMFORTABLE!

LAST YEAR WE DECIDED THAT IT WAS TIME TO BUY A NEW BED.  NOT ONLY WERE WE SUFFERING FROM BACKACHES IN THE MORNING, BUT WE WERE ALSO TOSSING AND TURNING AT NIGHT FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO GET COMFORTABLE.  AFTER SEARCHING AND TRYING OUT DOZENS OF DIFFERENT BEDS AT THE STORES WE KEPT COMING BACK TO THE SIMMONS BEAUTY REST.  NOT ONLY WAS IT COMFORTABLE AND SOFT, BUT IT WAS FIRM ENOUGH TO SUPPORT YOUR BACK.  SIMMONS OFFERS A LIFETIME WARRANTY ON THE MATRESSES, SO WE DECIDED TO GIVE IT A TRY.  WE ARE SO HAPPY THAT WE CHOSE SIMMONS BEAUTY REST.  SINCE THE FIRST DAY WE SLEPT ON THE BED WE HAVE ENJOYED A RESTFUL NIGHTS SLEEP.  GONE ARE THE DAYS THAT OUR BACKS HURT OR THAT WE ARE TOSSING AND TURNING LOOKING FOR COMFORT.  NOW, IF ONE OF US GETS OUT OF BED IN THE NIGHT, THE OTHER ONE CANNOT FEEL THE MOVEMENT ON THE MATTRESS.  IT IS JUST WONDERDUL AND AFTER A YEAR THERE IS STILL NO WEAR OR DIPPING AREAS IS IS JUST AS COMFORTABLE AS THE FIRST DAY!

A little disapointed

I had needed a new bed for quite awhile. I went to tons of different stores, laid on tons of different beds, and became confused and tired of looking. This simmons beautyrest bed was sort of an impulse purchase. I had been out shopping for quite awhile the day I picked this bed. Stopped into a mattress store, and when I laid on this one my back felt so much better! This is a pillowtop and it is quite comfortable. I don't think though for the price I paid it will stay as comfortable for as long as it should. I also was told there was a 30 day money back on this but had to buy the specific mattress cover in order for that gaurantee. I think I can now remove that cover as it seems to keep heat in the bed, and I may be a little more comfortable with out it. All in all a very comfortable bed , but I think would be even better for a back sleeper which I am not. I sometimes just lay down on this though , as it really is excellent to just lay on and sink into. Not for someone who prefers a firm mattress though by any means.

Comfort
The bed was far more comfortable when new. The pillow top has compressed quite a bit and although I turn the mattress around now and then, that doesn't help all that much. I wish I had thought about the fact you can not flip this one over.

Support
I think this bed does have a good support, and my back problems have not been nearly as bad since purchasing this bed.

Firmness
I don't really look so much for firmness as I do comfort, but this bed is not sagging or anything like that.

This bed is not sagging, nor are there any rips or tears in it.

It is falling apart

from Mesa, AZ

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

Cons

• Primary Bed

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses - All Types:

We purchased a King McCoy pillow top in 2009. We began to notice that the support started to decay. After 5 yrs of use the bolsters started bulging on both sides of the bed. We contacted warranty and they gave us some of our money back but in the report Simmons reported to us that the sides of the bed were no made to hold full body weight -WHAT!!!? How are you supposed to get in and out of the bed? Needless to say, we did not buy another one and never will.

Above average mattress

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses - All Types:

Overall we are happy with the mattress for the first year or so. Now the mattress has some spring failure. We made contact with Simmons because it is still under warranty, but we have not heard back from them at all.

Comfort
      The mattress meet all needs and was comfortable for the first year but has some issues now that we are hoping that will be taken care of soon.

Support
      Offers some great support for those with back issues.

Firmness
      Firmness is what was expected. I would recommend getting a split firmness for those couple that have different comfort levels. Do not make a compromise because your body will start to ache and your sleep will be affected.

Our mattress has some spring problems after a year. There is still much time on the warranty but the manufacture has not returned any of the emails that were sent from their support site.

Great for two...doesn't move

from New York, NY

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses - All Types:

I am not sure why other people gave this brand lower marks. I personally feel that this is one of the best mattresses I have ever owned. They make the mattresses for the W hotels, which always give me the best sleep. Unfortunately, I did not want to spend the money for the mattress that they use in the hotels, but I did get a lower cost beautyrest. I think it is great that they have three different class systems. I got the mid range mattress in luxury firm (as firm is best for your back but the regular firm feels to hard). This is without a doubt the most comfortable mattress I have ever owned. for the first time, I do not need a topper. So far, my mattress has not started to sink in any one area. The mattress is high, which gives it a very rich feel. But my FAVORITE thing about this mattress is that when one person moves, the other person doesn't! It also doesn't make any noise when the other person moves. No more waking up in the middle of the night because the other person has to use the bathroom.

Comfort
      I tested out all of them. The black label is by far the most comfortable. I also found that the luxury firm mattresses gave good support while still having a nice soft padded feel without feeling like you are sinking into the bed.

Terrible expensive mattress!

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses - All Types:

This review is for King Beautyrest Alexandria plush pillowtop! Don't but this mattress! I sink in the middle! I weigh 130lbs. and it is so uncomfortable because i dip in the middle my upper neck and shoulders hurt every morning, waiting to do an exchange with Gardner White in which I lose money but I cannot keep this mattress! Bad choice! Felt comfortable in the store but you don't know till you sleep on it!

• Firmness:

Simmons Beautyrest has given me many good nights of sleep

from Mundelein, IL

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses - All Types:

I have back problems and need a good-quality mattress that is very firm. Almost 10 years ago, my husband and I bought a new bed and I insisted on trying every single mattress in the store. We chose a Simmons Beautyrest Baldwin Firm, and it has been a very comfortable bed for us.

Comfort
      Our Simmons Beautyrest is a very comfortable mattress. We've slept very well on it. It is nice and firm, but the top is also very soft and cushiony. There are no hard spots, and we can't feel the springs. The mattress is nice and thick; I definitely recommend getting a low-profile box spring to go with it. Without a low-profile box spring, I doubt I would be able to climb up on the bed; it would be too high!

Support
      Our Simmons Beautyrest gives good support. Over the years it has gotten some indentations, but it still feels supportive. When my back is bothering me, I know I can lie on my bed and be supported and feel better soon.

Firmness
      We chose the Simmons Beautyrest Baldwin because it was very firm; a firm mattress is extremely important to me. The Simmons Beautyrest has done a fairly good job of retaining its firmness despite having some indentations in the mattress. I'd definitely recommend the Beautyrest for fans of firm mattresses.

The only thing that I don't love about my Simmons Beautyrest is that I don't think it will last much longer. It's less than 10 years old and has significant indentations in it despite the fact that we turn it regularly. The indentations have been there for quite a while; at least a couple of years. It's still comfortable, but I have a feeling we will need to replace it soon. I wish it lasted a bit longer.

Simmons Beautyrest Pillow Top Mattress

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses - All Types:

The Simmons Beautyrest with a plush pillow top will give you a solid night's sleep.

Comfort
      Sinking into this pillow top mattress after a long, hard day is like resting on a cloud. It's so soft and comfortable. If there's someone sleeping next to you, the individually wrapped coils ensure that you can't feel them stirring. Your part of the bed stays still.

Support
      We've never had any issues with the support of this mattress.

Firmness
      It's supposed to be a soft pillow top, so it's not meant to be too firm. But it gives you a perfect amount of support. On harder beds, my arm tends to fall asleep when I sleep on my side. I don't have this problem with the Simmons Beautyrest. The coils adjust as you move, and gives you the right amount of firmness.

The only concern I have with the Simmons Beautyrest pillow top mattress is that it can't be flipped. You have to use the boxspring for this reason... We've had our mattress for eight years, and haven't had an issue with the springs sinking in.

Simmons Beautyrest World Class King Charleston pillowtop

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses - All Types:

We have had this mattress for approximately 4 years. We have done everything we were suppose to to keep the pillow top comfortable. Unfortunately the mattress sinks in on either side and it's like an indention you can't fluff up. I wouldn't recommend this mattress it's expensive and doesn't last.

Simmons Hotel Mattress - Simmons Guest Purchase Felicity II

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses - All Types:

We slept on this bed at the MCM Elegante. Loved it so much we bought one 2011 and then another 2013. If you like a pillow top with support, this is a great bed. Seems to hold up really well with a lot of use. Highly recommend the Felicity II Pillow Top model and Simmons Guest Purchase

Comfort
      Awesome sleeping since we bought the bed. Great support for my back which always hurt on my old mattress.

Support
      nice and firm, not too hard

Firmness
      My doctor said to go with a firmer bed but they all seem really hard. When we slept on this model at the hotel, we fell in love. Firm but not too firm. Think the pillow top gives some softness not too much though.

We've had for over a year. Just bought another for our daughter. Mattress has held up really well even with kids, dogs and us(just trying to get some sleep!).

The WORST mattress I have ever owned

from Lancaster, NY

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses - All Types:

My husband wanted a new mattress so after hours of mattress shopping we settled on the Simmons Beautyrest Classic Hubble Dual Comfort Mattress. Each half of the mattress comes in a different firmness. My husband wanted his side soft and I wanted my side firm. After one week of sleeping on it, we both suffered back trouble and couldn't get a good night's sleep. The soft side of the mattress had noticeably sagged. If I edged a little bit towards my husband's side , I literally rolled downhill. My husband missed two days of work due to back problems from the mattress. Since we had slept on it for a week, we couldn't get a refund . I volunteered to sleep on the soft side and let my husband try the firm side of the mattress. We turned the mattress around and tried it. My back got even worse from the soft side. I think sleeping on a pile of leaves outside would be far more comfortable. The mattress is way over- priced. It is difficult to clean. Right now I cannot buy another mattress, so I am stuck with this one for a while. I will never buy another Simmons Mattress again ! I would NEVER recommend this Dual Comfort mattress by Simmons Beautyrest.

Comfort
      The mattress sagged after a week. It is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on and I go tent camping in the mountains!

Support
      We both wound up with back problems from it.

Firmness
      This mattress sagged. I actually rolled down hill from one side of the mattress to the other.

IT sagged after a week. A 20 yr old mattress isn't this bad!

• Firmness:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses - All Types:

Sagging after using for 17 months. Must be replaced already.

When it was new.

Good when it didn't sag

Firmness
      Okay until it started to sag.

Purchased this mattress to replace one that was 19 years old. I wish I had my old one back. This mattress is less than 2 years old and already sagging on my husband's side. He has to hold onto the headboard of the bed to turn over. The furniture company keeps making one excuse after another about not coming out to take pictures to send to Simmons. We took picture and gave them to them but they say they have to take them. I imagine we will have to replace it ourselves as Simmons doesn't seem to want to stand by their products --It definately WILL NOT be another Simmons. We are VERY UNHAPPY with this purchase.