4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Firmness:

What a great night's sleep.

from Rockland, NY

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Cons

• The Size Of The Mattress

• Primary Bed

Comments about Simmons BeautyRest Black Mattress:

Although this bed was expensive, it is extremely comfortable. I didn't have any trouble moving from my old mattress to this one even after I was told it would take time to get used to it. The only complaint I have is that it is a very thick mattress, but there are sheets that fit. Well worth the expense!!!!

Cradled in Elegance

Comments about Simmons BeautyRest Black Mattress:

This is most certainly a luxury product at a higher end of the mattress pricing spectrum; however, it is a worthy investment that delivers back night after night and nap after nap.

Comfort
My husband likes a softer feel, and I on the other hand prefer a firmer mattress. We found something for both of us in our Beauty Rest Black. Each of us have some joint pain that could easily disrupt our rest. We find ourselves comfortable in just about any position we have to lay in in order to relieve the joint stress from long days at work.

Support
This was the mattress that finally allowed me to rid myself of the body pillow that had become a necessity with my other mattresses. The best way I can describe it is that my body feels cradled and nestled without the feeling of sinking into something so deeply that you feel like you are stuck. Very easy to get in and out of this mattress.

Firmness
It meets my needs for a firmer night's support system while satisfying my husbands desire for a softer support. The pillow top is just the right combination to give the lumbar region a little extra cushioning, so you don't feel the gap that a mattress that is too firm will give.

There is ever so slight a bubble on my husband's side of the pillow top. The mattress holds up extremely well without the need to flight. I would caution that there are handles on the sides of the mattress which our installer informed us are decorative, so he told us not to use them to move the mattress. Not sure why they are there, but I suppose using them would cause some durability issues over the life of the mattress.

Sleep is One Bed Away

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Simmons BeautyRest Black Mattress:

Impeccable mattress worth every penny that you spend on it.
It is a recent purchase, and I have owned it for less than one month now.
But I will say that this has been a fantastic month. I have slept better since getting this mattress than I have in a very long time, and my body is a lot more relaxed, too. All of the lower back pain is eliminated, too.
My entire body feels amazing when I wake up in the morning. The bed seems to know my body and what it needs. It is so soft and comfortable, yet provides the right amount of firmness time after time.
I can't really speak on the durablity of this mattress yet, but there is no doubt in my mind it is not going to disappoint met at all.
It is a very comfortable mattress great for anyone who wants better sleep and a less sore back. So far, so good, and I am a happy sleeper every night. This is a mattress that I would recommend for you to try out. It is perfect!

A Wonderful Mattress!

Comments about Simmons BeautyRest Black Mattress:

After extreme back pain I've been enduring for a year or so, a specialist recommended that I should change my mattress to something firmer and offering more support. Simmons BeautyRest Mattress was definitely the right choice for me!
First of all, I am a very light sleeper. I might as well be the princess who could feel the pea piercing into her back while sleeping on all of those mattresses. Therefore, when I picked Simmons, comfort was the first criteria.
This mattress offers a soft, plushy feel while also being firm and supporting my back and hips. It shows me that I don't need to be sleeping on a rock to get some more than decent support for my joints.
The material is fairly breathable- and even better- stains are easily removed! Let me tell you, there is nothing worse than spilling something on your mattress and seeing it be discolored for the rest of eternity.
I spilled coffee on the first week of getting the mattress, and after simply scrubbing it for a while, the mattress retained its fresh-white color.
Overall, great support and material- highly recommend.

• Firmness:

The best mattress on the planet.

Comments about Simmons BeautyRest Black Mattress:

The helix coil does it's job like no other on the market. The mattress is luxurious and plush while still having a firm support for my lower back issues. I've been on mine since February of 2013 and I love, love, LOVE it. No more waking up stiff and sore, no more shoulders falling asleep when I'm on my side and no more HEAT problems (the AirCool system is awesome)!

I have owned Serta (never again...large body impressions after less than 2 years) and Sleep Number (buyer beware, the pumps are loud, require regular maintenance, and we had 2 fail in 3 years) and wouldn't go back to either if you gave them to me for free.

Comfort
We shopped at every store within 20 miles and our top 3 choices were all Beautyrest, 2 of them Beautyrest Black. Nothing else is even in the same ballpark.

Support
The helix coil is amazingly supportive, even for a bigger guy like me.

Firmness
The model we bought (Brooklyn Plush Firm) has a firm coil but there's a lot of foam separating us from the coil. If feels softer but the support is incredible.

I've only had mine for 11 months but it still looks brand new. You can't see any impression in it at all.

beauty rest

Comments about Simmons BeautyRest Black Mattress:

My husband and I purchase this product two years ago and have been pleased with this purchase. The top mattress was very heavy to move because it was so firm and huge. The bottom two mattresses were easier to move because they were in two parts. But It put together nicely and it is comfortable and the sides are wide enough for our sheets to stay on and not un tuck. It has a lot of room for the grandchildren to join to watch cartoons on Saturday morning and still be comfortable for us all. The price we paid was surprisingly cheaper than we expected to pay before we started to shop for our new mattress. All in all we are very pleased with our new mattress. As a side note once something was spilled on it, I was able to clean it easily, with hydrogen peroxide which I already had in the house, so no expensive product was needed to clean tis pillow top mattress. We both would recommend this mattress.

• Firmness:

Love this mattress! Firm and soft at the same time.

Comments about Simmons BeautyRest Black Mattress:

Everything about this mattress is great. We purchased the low profile mattress and it is perfect for me because I am pretty short. We have had this mattress for four months now and have not had to rotate it at all. It is soft but not too soft and just firm enough that it is not too hard. I sleep on my side, stomach and back and it is comfortable in any position. My husband can get out of bed and it does not wake me up so it is great for couples as well. I would recommend this mattress.

good mattress

Comments about Simmons BeautyRest Black Mattress:

I really enjoy the comfort of this mattress, however, you still feel the person next to you getting in and out of bed and moving around which kind of sucks. Other than that it's a good mattress and has decreased my back aches as well. Therefore I would recommend it!

• Firmness:

I get a good nights rest

from Odenton, MD

Comments about Simmons BeautyRest Black Mattress:

We purchased our mattress and box springs from a department store (which has since gone out of business in our area). We have been an owner of a queen size Beautyrest mattress for eight years and we are very satisfied with it. We purchased it because of the springs are individually tied so that when one person on one side moves it doesn't disturb the other (no movement), We tried alot of mattresses in the store and other locations before we settled on this brand. It lives up to its review. Since you keep a mattress for a number of years before you replace it, I believe in getting a good quality one, The only complaint I have the the depth of the mattress. I got the eighteen inch size, so we have the mattress directly on the floor or else it would be very high and hard to get into. They do make "low rise" ones that would allow you to place it on a bed frame but I wonder if that shortens the padding and springs.