Other Baby Formulas:
50825, 56975

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Preparation:

Soy Formula worked wonders for my daughter.

I used Similac Soy Formula with my first daughter.  I began by nursing and for the first 3 months she vomited almost every time I fed her.  It was so hard, I could tell she was SO hungry, and would cry while I was nursing.  Her doctors weren't sure what the problem might be.  After reading a lot of information about dairy, I decided to try taking dairy out of my diet while nursing...the results were immediate.  She stopped crying as much and the vomiting went down to almost nothing.

I nursed while on a no-dairy diet for 5 months, when I decided to stop nursing, I was then faced with the decision of which formula to use.  My first choice was Similac's soy formula.  The transition was wonderful, she had no problems with it, and continued to have amazing results without dairy.  Although it had a different smell than regular formula, we had no issues whatsoever with using it.

We continued to use soy formula with her up until she grew out of bottles.  Then we let her try milk for the first time, and thankfully she had grown out of her lactose intolerance.  Now she loves all dairy.  But at the time the soy formula was such a wonderful option to have.

I tried, but didn't work

I tried this for a while to see how it worked with my newborn. At first he seemed to like it but after awhile he started to get fussy, was spitting up all the time, and wouldn't sleep more than 20 minutes at a time (even during the night). I switched to a different formula and he started to sleep 4 to 5 hours at a time and is a lot happier, little to no crying.

Worth More Money?

from Utah

Comments about Similac Soy Isomil Baby Formula:

In our experience, soy based formulas can be more expensive than regular formulas. For a baby that is lactose intolerant or suffers from other problems directly from the use of milk-based formulas, they do need something like soy. But for me, I would not use this formula if our babies did not need it. We have not seen any extra benefit from it that a milk-based formula cannot give, and it is often more expensive than the other common types of formulas. Considering that it costs more while not directly giving as much benefit leads me not to recommend this product unless it is absolutely necessary.

Easily Digested
Our babies have digested this formula pretty well, but it does not seem any better than any other regular formula. It seems to give average results and average nutrition at a higher price.

Ease of Preparation
This formula is very easy to mix by simply adding the formula and water to a bottle and shaking or stirring it.

Comments about Similac Soy Isomil Baby Formula:

My daughter had a lot of problems with baby formula. At first I was buying regular formula and she had a lot of problems with gas and spitting up. I then switch to soy formula and noticed a difference. There were still problems though. I ended up switching brands completely and started using the Similac Soy Isomil Baby Formula. Once I started using the Similac Soy Isomil Baby Formul all my daughter's problems disappeared. She didn't have any problem digesting this formula. She was no longer spitting the formula up and the amount of gas she had went down. This formula was much gentler on her stomach. It is more expensive than the store brands of formula and about the same price as the other brand name formulas. I tried 4 different brands of formula and none of them worked as well as the Similac brand. If your baby needs to have soy formula or if they are having a lot of problems with your current brand of formula, then try this one. It's very gentle on their stomachs.

• Ease of Preparation:

I only give my little guy this stuff

Comments about Similac Soy Isomil Baby Formula:

My 11 month old son has been on the similac soy in the pink container all of his life! When he was about 6 months old I ran out of formula and had to use some my sister had! My poor little guy had gas all night! Needless to say we didn't do that again!

Easily Digested
Never any issue with the soy similac!

Ease of Preparation
I use the powder when we are out and about and the liquid when we are home. Both are super simple and can be done at home or on the go!

Cured my Son's Colic

Comments about Similac Soy Isomil Baby Formula:

When my son was born, I wanted to breast- feed. When I fed him, he would scream. We finally narrowed the problem down to my diet. He was allergic to the dairy products I was consuming. It was difficult for me to give up dairy products. Somehow though, I did. I had to go back to work within a few weeks, after that, and. that's when it became nearly impossible to breast feed.

That's when we started our journey to find the right Baby Formula. Simulac Isomil was where the journey ended. It was just what we needed.

Similac Soy Isomil is packed with nutrition. Since it is made with soy instead of milk which contains lactose, it doesn't irritate baby's stomachs.

Easily Digested
My son's colic disappeared when we started using Simulac Isomil Baby Formula. He had no problems digesting it.

Ease of Preparation
It is very easy to prepare this formula. I even got to the point where I could bring it in the diaper bag. I just warmed up the water first, then poured it into the bottle. Next, I put the powdered formula in. I screwed the nipple back on, along with the nipple cover, and shook it. That was it! My son's meal was ready to go.

Soy formula

Comments about Similac Soy Isomil Baby Formula:

When you have your first baby the last thing you expect is for it to scream 24/7. That's exactly what happened when we brought our baby home from the hospital. She screamed in pain all the time, and it was awful! Immediately my mom who was staying with us told me she thought something was wrong. This wasn't normal newborn behavior. After a trip to the pediatrician it became clear we needed to do something different for our babies diet. We tried different formulas but Similac Soy Isomil helped a lot. It took awhile for our baby to become used to it, but it made a difference in her after a few days. It is a little more expensive then some of the other formulas because it is made of soy but it is worth it! It helped her spit up less, had less gas and she seemed to be in a lot less pain. This formula is easy to mix and store. The only downside is that it smells horrible, but I think that's because it is a soy product and soy tends to smell bad.

Well worth the cost

Comments about Similac Soy Isomil Baby Formula:

I had an extremely fussy baby on my hands and tried multiple formulas at the urging of her pediatrician. When it was finally determined that we were facing a milk protein intolerance, we had to search for a soy formula that would work. I tried two other formulas with excessive gas problems occurring from both - but this one seemed to work perfectly for her. She stopped being sick, her bowels became normal and her gas and fussiness eased finally.

Easily Digested
Baby digested this formula much better than any other formula she tried including two other soy formula brands. Her bowels started behaving normally, her gas problems decreased and her colic problems stopped as soon as the other formulas were out of her system.

Ease of Preparation
I've always found all the similac brands mixed easily with very few problems with clumping. Doesn't block the bottle nipples, not even the slow flows designed for newborns.

Best For Lactose Intolerance

from Virginia

Comments about Similac Soy Isomil Baby Formula:

When my oldest daughter was a baby she had a great deal of stomach issues as a baby. She was constipated all the time and it became a serious issue into developing into mega colon. I was having to use glycerin suppositories to help her have a bowel movement. Her pediatrician recommended I switch from Similac Premium to Similac Soy Isomil. This switch made the biggest difference! Her doctor said my daughter had a lactose intolerance and this formula would help with her issues. She stopped spitting up, started having normal bowel movements and her crying. I'm so grateful that I made the switch when I did and avoided any medical complications. This formula was gentle on my daughters stomach and she stayed on it until she was one. Using Similac Powder form was cheaper than the concentrated kind and easy to mix. Very convenient to measure out and add water when you are ready to feed baby. Similac Isomil dissolves fast and doesn't leave clumps. If you are having feeding issues like I have described make the switch, it's worth a try.

Easily Digested
My baby had no issues when using this formula. She stopped crying and spitting up.

Ease of Preparation
Measure and add water, very simple, and dissolves fast.

• Ease of Preparation:

Worked for our baby, but be careful

Comments about Similac Soy Isomil Baby Formula:

Our son was born lactose intolerant and fortunately we were able to figure it out fairly quickly. Within the first month he showed signs of being gassy and had explosive diapers whenever I ate anything containing milk. I was able adjust my diet and continued to breast feed him almost exclusively for the first 6 months. Once he started eating solid foods and we started weaning him (around 10 months), my milk production couldn't always keep up so we used this formula to supplement. It worked great for us and we didn't try any other brands. We were worried about using a soy formula because there have been lots of studies that show that over use of soy is NOT good for the development of young boys. Our doctor had us add a bottle of unsweetened coconut milk (in place of a soy formula bottle) to our son's daily schedule. We've been slowly introducing milk products into his diet and now he's able to digest them, but I'm grateful that we were able to use this formula (and the coconut milk) to make sure he was getting an adequate iron, calcium, and protein intake during those months that we had him on the formula.

a fix all baby formula

Comments about Similac Soy Isomil Baby Formula:

I was amazed with the positive change in my daughter when we switched her over to similac soy formula from the regular kind of formula. My daughters fussiness and stomach aches went away and she slept better. I noticed great results right away with better burping, less gas, and a all around happier baby.

Easily Digested
After putting my daughter onto this formula she had less stomach aches and no more constipation and seemed to digest this formula much better than the formula she was on before this.

Ease of Preparation
This soy formula is very easy to prepare and takes only a short time to make weather it is the powder type that has to be mixed with purified water or the ready to serve formula that has no preparation and just needs to be put in the bottle after being shook well. I spent less time preparing formula and trying to calm a fussy baby with a stomach ache and enjoyed more time with a happy not fussy baby thanks to this soy formula.

• Ease of Preparation:

My gassey big boys relief!

Comments about Similac Soy Isomil Baby Formula:

When my son was born he had extremely bad gas, just like his daddy I said. I switched him to soy for fussiness and gas and ta-da, the gas was gone and he was a happy baby. He never spit it up and it never upset his stomach. I am so thankful for this product!!! I would rather have it in premade formula, but powder works just as well.