Other Baby Formulas:

Similac Advance Ready to Feed Baby Formula

Pros

Cons

Similac Advance with Iron: Nutrition and Convenience

How do you feed a hungry baby when on the run? You try to keep bottles filled and ready, but sometimes it isn't practical. One good solution to the problem is to purchase baby formula that is ready- made and one good choice is **Similac Advance with Iron**, in the ready to feed plastic bottle.

**Baby Formula Commentary:**

Similac Advance with Iron is a soy- based, iron fortified baby formula sold in a ready to use 32 oz, plastic bottle. Like other Similac baby formulas, this one is loaded with nutrients, including not only essential vitamins and minerals, but also DHA and ARA.

Similac Advance with Iron is a product most parents end up trying at some point, usually out of necessity. The powered variety of Similac with iron is the preferred option for most parents, due to the lower cost. But sooner or later, there will come a time when you have run out of powered formula and need a quick replacement. Similac Advance with Iron ready to feed easily fills the gap. It is already mixed, so you don't need to worry about sterilizing water, cleaning bottles, or anything else. You just unscrew the cap and it's ready to use.

Like other members of the Similac family, Similac Advance with Iron ready to feed contains plenty of nutrients and the addition of DHA and ARA make it very close to the contents of actual breast milk. Not only is this product nutritious, but it also offers advantages over the powered variety that become obvious once you use it. Besides convenience, the ready to feed formula is smoother (no clumps of undissolved powder) and balanced just right. You don't need to worry about measuring the powdered formula with great precision or using too much or too little water. Everything is pre- made and ready to serve.

If there is any disadvantage with Similac Advance with Iron ready to feed formula, it is definitely the price. The cost of these small bottles is quite high and when you compare to the cost of each bottle when mixed using powdered formula, the price for the ready to feed is many times higher. Of course, this is the price you pay for convenience. Considering you don't have to boil water, measure powder, shake bottles, etc., the extra cost is generally justified.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Babies need a good dose of nutrition and Similac Advance with Iron ready to feed provides exactly that: High nutrition with added DHA and ARA for the best overall health. Yes, the price is high. But considering the added convenience and other factors, this ready to feed formula is something to add to your shopping list, particularly if you find yourself on the go and short on bottles.

Easily Digested
Babies have no problem accepting this formula and keeping it down.

Ease of Preparation
It doesn't get much easier than this- the formula is already mixed and ready to serve

Too much iron will make ya strong ;but may hurt baby's tummy.

I had my son back in '73 and the similac gave him a real bad belly ache. Stools were like a mouse had left them and it took the doctor few weeks to figure it out.  So just keep it in mind, not all the kids can drink it just because the doctor says it's okay.  I was only 19 then. We learn as we go. Just watch and learn...

More Money for More Convenience

from Utah

Comments about Similac Advance Ready to Feed Baby Formula:

This formula is very convenient, but it also comes at a higher price. For us, we would usually rather save the money by buying powder based formulas and only use liquid formula in extreme cases where we desperately need to save some time. But for others, especially who are very busy, the added convenience can be a huge help to them.

Easily Digested
Our babies have never struggled with digesting this formula, whether using this liquid formula or the powdered version. It has always been gentle on their stomachs while providing good nutrition.

Ease of Preparation
Having liquid formula that can be poured straight into a bottle is far easier and more convenient than powder formulas that need to be mixed with water at the right ratio. This is about as easy as it can get. This convenience is also very helpful when leaving the baby with a babysitter, because the babysitter does not need nearly as much instruction on preparing the baby's bottles.

Ready to go

Comments about Similac Advance Ready to Feed Baby Formula:

I think this ready made formula is a great option for moms or parents that have multiples, other children or just lead the busy life. Being able to pour the formula straight into a bottle with no mixing is also perfect for the feedings when you are out in public or on the go. The formula is very simple so you feel comfortable leaving it for people to help feed your kids when they do not have much experience with mixing formula.

Easily Digested
Each baby takes each formula option a little different but both of my children were able to digest the ready made formula easily and had no side effects. It is always best to consult your child's pediatrician when wanting to start or change formulas.

Ease of Preparation
There is really no preparation needed for this formula. You just shake it up and pour it straight in to the bottle and it is ready to go at room temperature. It is really the ideal option for when you are on the go or in a hurry.

• Ease of Preparation:

Not a great choice for my baby

Comments about Similac Advance Ready to Feed Baby Formula:

I received a high value coupon and sample in the mail for Similac Advance Ready to Feed Baby Formula. I tried the sample with my infant son and he seemed to enjoy this product as he was taking his bottle. I ran errands later that day and decided to pick up this product in the store. I used my high value coupon and ended up paying very little out of pocket for this formula. Later that night, my baby was very gassy and fussy. He burped quite a bit and released a lot of gas when I moved his legs in a circular motion. I thought it was just a coincidence that he tried a new formula and was fussy and gassy. I decided to try the same product about a week later. We were visiting relatives and did not have access to filtered water. I thought the Similac product would be a convenient choice for my baby. While it was convenient, he experienced significant gas again and I discontinued using this product. While the ready-to-feed option is convenient, this particular product was not a good choice for my son's sensitive digestive system.

• Ease of Preparation:

The best baby formula out there

from East Haven, CT

Comments about Similac Advance Ready to Feed Baby Formula:

I loved this formula so much that I requested it in the hospital with my second baby. Its contents are so close to that of breast milk. Both babies took to this formula immediately.

Easily Digested
I was extremely lucky, both of my babies seemed to digest this formula very well with no reflux. They gained weight according to the charts and seemed to love this formula.

Ease of Preparation
I always used the ready to feed because I was afraid of putting too much water or not enough water to the powder. I put it in their bottles and heated it up in warm water. The formula was always at the right temperature.

• Ease of Preparation:

Not my favorite choice in formulas

Comments about Similac Advance Ready to Feed Baby Formula:

Let me start by saying I love Similac formula, and I've used it for all of my babies. This particular line is one that two of my children took from start to finish - in powder form. I'm not sure what it is about the pre-mixed Similac, but both of my babies who loved this Similac hated the pre-mixed. Plus, when I use the powdered mix, I just had to add hot water - this formula I had to heat up, which made it more inconvenient than anything else, and just not worth the time or money for me.

Easily Digested
I stand by the fact that this is a great formula as long as you have a healthy baby without gas, colic or digestion problems. If you do, I recommend sticking with Similac buy trying out one of the formulas designed for sensitive tummy's.

Ease of Preparation
I found this formula actually harder to prepare than the powder version, since all I need to do with the powder is mix it with hot water - where with this I have to find a heat source to warm it, making it much more difficult than just finding hot water.

Similac Ready to Feed Review

from Austin, TX

Comments about Similac Advance Ready to Feed Baby Formula:

I loved giving my daughter the Similac Ready to Feed formula. As a primarily breastfed baby I was nervous about giving her formula, but she took very well to this formula. My daughter drank the formula without any problems and did not experience any spit ups after having it. I enjoyed not having to mix it up with water. Being able to use straight out of the packaging and into the bottle was very convenient.

Easily Digested
The similac ready to feed formula was the only formula that my daughter could keep down with out spitting up. She was primarily a breast fed baby, but from time to time I needed to supplement with formula. I did try some other, cheaper brands and types of formula, but she would inevitably spit them up. With this brand and type, she ate it willingly and did not have any problems with digestion.

Ease of Preparation
This Similac Ready to Feed formula is very easy to prepare. I used it straight out of the packaging and into my daughters bottle; warmed it up a little and it was ready to serve.

• Ease of Preparation:

The formula I used most with my son

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Similac Advance Ready to Feed Baby Formula:

Similac is my favorite brand of baby formula. Although I had no major problems with Enfamil, we went with Similac because it had a slightly better smell. In the hospital, we used the tiny ready-to-drink bottles. We also used the powdered versions of Similac Advance formula. This concentrated liquid was the version we used most often, however, because it was covered by my husband's health insurance. It is very easy to use, you simply pour it into the bottle, add warm water, shake, and test. Similac also has a great website where you can sign up to receive coupons, samples, and lots of helpful information by mail. While using this formula, my son never had any stomach or digestion problems at all. He rarely spit up. He almost never had diarrhea, and did not have colic. This concentrated version of the formula is more expensive than the powder, but if your health insurance covers it, you may end up only paying a very small co-pay. I would recommend it to anyone who does not need a specific formula for stomach issues.

Convient but stains

Comments about Similac Advance Ready to Feed Baby Formula:

I used Similar formula for my first two children. Both of them had no stomach or digestive problems so we used the Similar Advance formula. I would typically use the powdered formula but at different times I have used the Liquid premade formula. Mainly when the powder was not available or out of stock at the store. The liquid formula costs more money than the powder formula. It is easy in the fact that you don't have to measure the powder and mix, but the inconvenience that once the liquid formula was open it needed to stay refrigerated and the life of it once opened is limited. I founded it easier to just mix the powder and water on the go rather than having to keep formula cold in cooler. Also, the most negative factor is that the liquid premade formula stained my babies clothes so bad. It would not come out regardless of how much I pretreat the clothing. I would always recommend Similac if you decide to give your baby formula. But I would recommend to stick to powder not pre made.

My go to

Comments about Similac Advance Ready to Feed Baby Formula:

I love Similac Advanced, but this pre-made formula makes my life so much easier! Its easy to grab and fill up the bottle, especially at the beginning when my daughter wasn't eating that much. Both my babies have been Similac babies and I'd recommend it to anyone!

quick and easy

Comments about Similac Advance Ready to Feed Baby Formula:

I personally use the similac formula powder for my daughter, but I have had to buy this a few times when I am in a pinch. The pluses are that it is easy, quick, and you practically don't have to do anything. The downside is the price. It is very expensive for one day worth of formula, so I tend to stick with the powder. But if you find that you are in a pinch and need some formula right now, this is a good choice.