Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Shu Uemura : Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/O

Shu Uemura : Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/O

Wonderful Product with some iffy ingredients.

Comments about Shu Uemura : Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/O:

I love this oil's ability to remove all kinds of makeup including stage and waterproof. It does a nice job of breaking everything up so it all comes off. The biggest, and only, problem I have is the fact that I can never completely remove all of the oil without following with another cleanser. If I leave the film it will cause breakouts due to one of the ingredients being petroleum based. Overall, a nice oil cleanser that works well despite its shortcomings. Sensitive skins need to be wary especially if you are sensitive to petroleum-based ingredients.

Removes makeup, including waterproof, wonderfully.

Ease of Application
Easy to apply but can be a bit tricky to remove. Doesn't lather as well as other cleansing oils. Leaves a residue that can cause breakouts for some.

Smells a bit off but I wouldn't say it is too horrible. Definitely little to no fragrance added and is a scent I could deal with.

• Ease of Application:

Shu Uemura Cleansing Beauty Oil even gets waterproof mascara off

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Shu Uemura : Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/O:

I have an Estee Lauder cleanser that is an oil based one, and I really like it. It takes more makeup off than other cleansers that I have used. So when I received a sample of Shu Uemura Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/O I was delighted.

I have used it the last couple of nights, after dancing. I use little makeup during the day, but dance nights I do pile on the mascara.

I have to say that this pleasant smelling oil really does get makeup off, and leaves your skin feeling soft, and clean. My sachet is 4 ml. (0.13 fluid ounce), and will probably last me about a week. The picture on the front shows a pump style bottle, and I think that would be easier to use, than the sachet. I tipped it slightly, and the oil just ran out.

I understand that this is really expensive so may go back to my Estee Lauder one.

Even got waterproof mascara off.

Ease of Application
Difficult from a sachet.

Pleasing.

• Ease of Application:

Oil can be a great cleanser!

from Versailles, KY

Comments about Shu Uemura : Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/O:

I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts, and cleansing my skin with an oil seemed counterintuitive.  But I was very pleasantly surprised by Shu Uemura Cleansing Beauty Oil. It cleans my skin without drying my face out or leaving it feeling oily, and it removes makeup well.  My skin feels soft and supple without being oily, and I have no more breakouts than I did using a more "traditional" cleanser.  I use this in the evening before bed, and a cleanser with hydrogen peroxide in the mornings, so I can't address how this would work as the only cleanser of a skin-care routine.