Other Floor Cleaners:

Great Stain Remover for Carpet

Profile Image

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Shout Carpet Spot and Stain Remover:

I looked at various options for carpet stain removers but mostly found just for cleaning not specifically for stains. I bought this Shout carpet stain cleaner and I am very happy with my purchase. I have used it on both old and new stains so far and it has worked very impressively. I had a bunch of old stains from baby spit up when my daughter was still crawling around on the floor. After about three or four complete applications they came out. These had been there for about a year now on beige carpet. I had tried other cleaners when the stains first happened but nothing seemed to work. It also did not ruin the coloring of my carpet. The newer stains it has worked on are juice, applesauce, and spaghetti o's from my daughter's lunches. These all came out on the first try since they did not get left to sit in. And as gross it it is we had a diaper blow out and this stain remover was able to take out the mixture of poop and pee from the beige carpet with two applications. It also got rid of the smell which was very important to me.

Cleans and deodorizes my carpets

Comments about Shout Carpet Spot and Stain Remover:

I really like Shout Carpet Spot and Stain Remover. Shout makes great products! I use this to clean random stains and dirty areas in my carpet. I also use it when one of my fur-kids has an accident on the carpet. I know that Shout will remove the stain but also eliminate the smell. This is a great product to keep in your house!

Gets rid of stains on carpet

I don't notice a strong or irritating scent.

Good but it lightens.

Comments about Shout Carpet Spot and Stain Remover:

The Shout Carpet Spot and Stain Remover is pretty good at removing spots and stains from the carpet and couch but I have noticed that it does lighten my couch and the carpet where I have used it. It is slightly more expensive than the clothing remover so I have been using that instead of this, plus it doesn't lighten the fabric. It does a good job at removing grime and juice from the ground, as long as you spot clean within a couple of hours before it is completely set.

I don't have to scrub too hard when I am trying to remove gunk or build up but it lightens the ground and couch a bit where I use it. I wouldn't use it on wood or anything that is too expensive to replace. I used it on a wood table of mine and it lightened it a bit as well. It works well, it is just meant for carpet obviously.

This stain remover stinks! It smells like chemicals and leaves a bad after scent that is only enhanced when using air fresheners.

Shout Carpet Spot and Stain Remover is great

from Fontana, CA

Comments about Shout Carpet Spot and Stain Remover:

Shout Carpet Spot and Stain Remover is great.  My carpet had random stains from pets and food/drinks.  During the past holiday season, to get ready for our annual Christmas party, I was cleaning the house from top to bottom.  I wanted to get a stain remover for my carpet but did not know which to choose.  On a whim, I chose Shout Carpet Spot and Stain Remover by SC Johnson.  I thought that since the Shout brand was great at removing stains from my laundry, it might be good at removing stains from my carpet.  The results were great.

I just sprayed the solution on the area where the stain was and waited a few minutes.  After that I gave it a quick scrub with a sponge for less than a  minute and left it alone to air dry.  The next day, I could not tell where the stain was anymore.

Works great for all types of carpets.  This product received the WoolSafe mark.  WoolSafe is an organization that tests products to see if they are safe for wool and synthetic carpets and rugs.  They have a website that lists cleaning products that they vigorously tested to earn their mark.