Other Stain Removers:
Shout Advanced Stain Remover

Shout Advanced Stain Remover

Pros

Cons

Instead of shouting about grimy clothes, I shout the stains out!

I have three children. Well, I guess that is about all I need to write in this review for some of you. For those of you who want more details, see...Read complete review

I have three children. Well, I guess that is about all I need to write in this review for some of you. For those of you who want more details, see below:

**Shout** has worked wonders on so many laundry stains at our house, including:

- vomit
- poop
- grass
- mud
- food
- blood
- USS (unidentified staining stuff)

It does NOT work well on rust, stickers that are left on clothes, dry clean only items, old stains that have already been washed and dried, or items that have been accidentally bleached. Unfortunately, you can't clean a child with this product either, even if tempted.

**How I use Shout at my house:**

- Start washing machine (Shout works with all water temperatures and is safe for all colorfast washables)
- Find stain on clothing (works much better if the stain is fresh but can help some older ones too)
- Spray stain remover on area
- Fold area with stain to inside and rub back and forth
- Throw the rest of the laundry load in washer first to give it a few minutes to soak (they recommend about five minute) and then put this item in last (or you can let tough stains soak a little longer--I've been known to spray stains as soon as a child takes off the clothing and then toss in the hamper or soak overnight for a second treatment)
- You may want to look at the item before putting in the dryer or you may just wish to get the laundry done and hope for the best. If I leave the clothing out to air dry if the stain is still there, I stand a better chance at removing the stain. If the stain fades with the first washing, sometimes I can get the stain to completely disappear with a second treatment.
- Wear clothing as usual--this does not bother my kids' skin, which is WONDERFUL--even the hypoallergenic dryer sheets bothered their skin.

**Lots of people are using Shout:**

According to A.C. Nielson surveys, **Shout **is the number one stain remover used by its members. There are various types of **Shout **available, including:

- trigger (we use this kind all the time and I've been known to give this as a baby shower gift--I'm one of those who likes to buy diapers, wipes, and things I know a new mother will use)
- advanced gel (I've tried this but tend to use the trigger kind instead)
- advanced aerosol (I haven't tried this kind)
- ultra gel (this is designed for set-in stains but I tend to use the trigger kind because it tends to work and does not cost as much))
- citrus action (sounds interesting but my allergies tend to prefer products without a smell)
- wipes (this would be easier for travel but I haven't tried them)
- color catcher (designed to prevent discoloring in the wash--I haven't tried this)

For additional information, you might want to visit Shout's website.

**My Viewpoint:**

I have used **Shout **on stained clothes for years. Some stains are tough and do not come out, but Shout has worked wonders on quite a few stains that I thought would never come out. I plan to keep using Shout as long as we have stains in the laundry.

Shout it Out . . . Softly, cause it doesn't work well at all!

***Shout Advanced**, S.C. Johnson Company product, is a fabric stain cleaner product. This product has the EPA Environmental seal of approval and the bottle is refill able. With the Trigger in the ON position, spray the stain, rub into the stain to penetrate and activate, then wait 1-5 minutes depending on the severity of the stain, the launder the garment in the warmest water temperature the fabric can handle. The product suggests to treat a stain when its fresh is best. **Shout Advanced** also suggests to treat and let the garment sit overnight before laundering for set-in, greasy stains. "Shout is safe for all colorfast washables, works in all temps and is NOT FOR USE ON SILKS, WOOLS NOR NON-COLORFAST FABRICS. **RUST DYE PAINT, INK, DYES, AND BLEACH DAMAGE MAY BE IMPOSSIBLE TO TREAT."*
   I always try to treat stains the moment they happen, (which is why I suggest to have any of your family members keep a Tide Pen on them at all times) but I like to find the best products out there to do the job of keeping my clothes looking newer, longer. One of my philosophies is the BEST way to save money on your clothes is to treat them with the best laundry care for the price value of the product and the fabric.

***Shout Advanced*** is NOT that product. The stain remover directions are easy to follow, the scent is nice and the price is reasonable, but I follow the directions to a tee and, while the product does get out simple stains; set-in, greasy and tomatoe based stains remain, lighter than they initially are, but they remain none the less. If you're not careful, the bottle can leak, too. ***Shout Advanced*** is better than no stain treatment, but the product is still a disappointment.

Does the job.

Comments about Shout Advanced Stain Remover:

Shout gets stains out just as it states. I am not a messy person nor do I have children but I still find this product very useful. I prefer the "set in stains" version of this product because I feel it works better.

Caused stains that were worse than the ones I was using it for

Comments about Shout Advanced Stain Remover:

I applied Shout Advanced to mild stains on two beige cotton shirts and worked it in with the brush that comes affixed to the top of the small-sized bottle. The entire area of both shirts that I applied Shout to--much larger than the original stains--are stained dark. Washing for a full cycle with hot water did not help. The shirts are ruined and are vintage so they can't be replaced.

My new favorite stain remover!

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Shout Advanced Stain Remover:

After using other stain removers for years and never really having the results I wanted, I decided to try the Sout Advanced Spray Gel. It says it even works on set-in stains, and let me tell you--it does! My 3 year old and my husband can both get stains on their clothes that I don't even always know where they came from. This has worked miracles! There is only one stain that I have been unable to get out with product, but it still seemed to at least dull it. (It was a set-in-for-months stain on a white shirt.) I would highly recommend this product to anyone.

It makes me wanna shout

Comments about Shout Advanced Stain Remover:

This past weekend I bought this brand new white skirt for my friends birthday party. I was sitting down when one of my friends came holding a plate for her. She stops in front of me and we start to talk. Of course me being a stain magnet, someone behind her bumps her and causing the plate to drop her chicken covered in bbq sauce right on my new skirt. I was so upset. My friend felt so bad. I went Home and changed and sprayed my skirt with Shout advanced And like magic the stain was gone. I love Shout and ill always use it for my tough stains.

Awesome product to take everywhere

from Plainview, TX

Comments about Shout Advanced Stain Remover:

Shout is a very good product.  I have kids that are always making messes.  When we have to eat on the run or are away from the house I take Shout for the messes that might stain later.  I spray the stain and put it in a baggie and let it sit til we get home.  This helps to get rid of the stain by working on it over time.  The stray is a little think and can be messy but the actual product is great.

Only the best stain lifter ever!

from Independence, MO

Comments about Shout Advanced Stain Remover:

What can't I say about Shout?  It's the greatest stain fighter product out there that I have used.  I have used Oxy-Clean and Spray-n-wash and they just don't seem to cut it when you have a toddler and pet in the house.  It smells great and I use it to even freshen out the laundry hampers from time to time.  I admit that I do put it on the clothes right before I put them in the washer but it doesn't seem to make the product less effective, even on the set in stains that are frequent with young children and people who don't have time to do laundry all day long.  I use this product for so many things and I love it.  When my son was younger I would even use it to lift out stains in his playpen or crib and it never bothered him.  I also use it around my dog and she doesn't seemed bothered at all.  Another great thing about the product is that it seems to last us for quite a while and the price is reasonalbe especially when you consider all the stained clothes that you would have without it and all the time you save not having to throw something in the washer immediately after staining it.  In fact all the Shout products I have used are great!  I couldn't ask for a better stain lifter then Shout and I have used it for years and plan to do so for many years to come.

works very well

from Saint James, MO

Comments about Shout Advanced Stain Remover:

Shout is the only stain remover i have found that really does do what it claim. I have used it for years and have not come across one stain it couldnt get out. sometimes it took two washing but it always comes clean. The cost is fair and well worth the little extra you might pay for it.

gets the stains out

from Roseville, CA

Comments about Shout Advanced Stain Remover:

I have been a user of Shout advanced stain remover for many years and I can honestly say it works wonders at getting even the toughest stains out. I have four young children who get every kind of stain imaginable on their clothes so I always have Shout advanced stain remover on hand and spray it on every stain I find. I pretreat so I do not miss anything and then I do my laundry as usual and the stains are gone. I have tried many other products because I had coupons and I have found that Shout Advanced stain remover works the best for the money. It is very reasonably priced and comes with a spray trigger which makes it easy to apply directly to the stain. It is not too expensive and I can usually find a good coupon as well to make it even more reasonable. It has a nice pleasant scent and cleans out of the fabric when rinsed. i would definitely recommend Shout Advanced stain remover to anyone with young children.

Hands down, best stain remover around!

from Hamilton, OH

Comments about Shout Advanced Stain Remover:

I have tried lots of different stain removers, but time and time again I always go back to the same one..Shout! I love this stain remover because it actually does the things that it says it will do. In my family there's myself, my husband, and our two kids (4 and 1) so we get a lot of practice at removing stains. We've had them all..spaghetti sauce (a constant stain in our house), juices, grass, grease, chocolate milk, ink, marker, etc. You name it, we've treated it! But I sitll haven't been able to find that one stain that Shout doesn't work on. Even the most severe leaky diaper stain has been removed when I was almost positive we were going to have to throw the outfit away. I also have learned to carry the Shout travel wipes with me in my diaper bag and purse. This way, when we're out and the kids happen to spill something on their nice clothes (which is almost always certain to happen) I'm prepared to take care of the stain on the spot. I no longer worry or get upset when our clothes get stained because I know that this stian remover will take out all of them and make my  clothes look as good as new again.

Shout it Out . . . Softly, cause it doesn't work well at all!

from Yucca, AZ