Other Vacuums:

Shop-Vac 4-Gallon 5.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Shop Vac Wet/Dry Vacuum is indispensable!

Comments about Shop-Vac 4-Gallon 5.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum:

Top of the line Shop Vac that really gets the job done!

Maneuverability
It has casters and you can just pull it behind you as you clean! Awesome!

Ease of Maintenance
Virtually maintenance free - just make sure you remove the air filter ring BEFORE you use it on wet stuff or you will ruin your filter!

Suction Performance
Absolutely awesome and powerful as all get out. Picks up change, screws, sand, even kitty litter if your cats are messy like mine.

Versatility
If you can't vacuum it up with this then you shouldn't be vacuuming it in the first place.

Easy and efficient design.

If anything breaks it will be the hose but that can be easily and fairly cheaply replaced.

Shop Vac Quality Used in the Home

Comments about Shop-Vac 4-Gallon 5.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum:

I've several reviews on vacuum cleaners ... because I live in a white carpeted home with a gray tabby cat, a black and white tuxedo cat, a white and brown carpathian hound and a wolf/husky mix that likes to shed huge bundles of fur with the changing of each season.

I tried every vacuum I could. I went the expensive route and tried vacuums for pets, both canister and upright. Within weeks the motors would start to wear out despite my constant care and cleaning of an appliance I spent so much money on. Tiring of that, I went the cheap route figuring that a cheap vacuum would break about as soon (it did, almost like clockwork) but not hurt my pocket so badly. That was great and all, but cheap vacuums get surface dirt, not the stuff inside my white carpet.

While doing a weekly run for groceries and necessities, I spied an aisle that had a few regular Shop Vac brand vacuums on display and went nooo wayyy why didn't I think of this? My daughter thought I was insane. I purchased this vacuum cleaner specifically for our home.

Pros: It's a canister vacuum and its brand is renowned for durability. This beauty has lasted me more than a year without a single complaint. I can switch heads as needed, use no head if there's a particular pile, and since it's a wet/dry vac, I can instantly clean up spills no matter what they are.

Cons: Some of the heads seem to change the way the air pulls and don't allow the vacuum to 'suck' all the dirt out ... or maybe I'm just picky and really paranoid about every grain of dirt in my carpet. The only other 'con' is the air filter, but filtered vacuums are becoming ever more popular so shouldn't be a huge consideration - their replacements are easy to find and reasonably priced.

Maneuverability
Simply, there's nowhere you can't take this or stretch the long 'arm' for use.

Ease of Maintenance
Change a filter, keep the insides clean ... that's it.

Suction Performance
As long as the canister's clean, the suction is insane.

Versatility
I use *mostly* in my home but in a pinch can drag it outside with an extension cord to clean my car without all the quarters.

Compact and home-friendly colored, it's easy to store in even smaller broom-style closets.

4 pets, 3 people who work or go to school from home, and a variety of in and out guests and this vacuum keeps on going!

Great for everyday use

from Erie, PA

Comments about Shop-Vac 4-Gallon 5.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum:

I bought one of these Wet/Dry Shop-Vacs a couple of years ago when my dog had gotten sick all over the carpets and I needed a Wet Vac to clean the carpets. This Vacuum did such a great job on the carpets I've used it as a primary vacuum ever since.

Suction Performance
This Vacuum has a great suction performance is great and it works great for cleaning out my car and it's much cheaper then going to the car wash.

Versatility
This Vacuum is very versatile, you can obviously use it as either a Wet or Dry Vac but you can also use the "out" hole as a blower for small areas.

The design of this vacuum is simple but very functional.

I've had this Wet/Dry Vac for quite a few years now and it still runs as well as it did when I first got it out of the box. Although the hose to my Vac does have some holes in it from my dog chewing on it so it makes it a bit tricky when using the Wet function.

• Versatility:

It cleans up wet and dry messes very well

from Bridgeton, NJ

Comments about Shop-Vac 4-Gallon 5.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum:

The suction holds great until full. The power cord is a good length to clean out my van and garage. I need and extension cord for basement cleaning. I have used the blower hole to clear off my deck. All in all,I would buy it again, as I have used it very often already.

Bissell Shop Vac Works Great

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Shop-Vac 4-Gallon 5.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum:

This shop vacuum works wonderfully! It not only will work on dirt, but wet substances as well. We recently spilled paint on our carpet and this machine sucked it up amazingly fast! My only complaint is that the lid does not latch onto the top very well.

Maneuverability
Swivel wheels help manuvure this machine quite well.

Super easy to empty.

Very high power suction.

Versatility
Works great on wet and dry areas.

The lid is hard to get to stay attached.

Very sturdy machine.

used to love it

from Palmdale, CA

Comments about Shop-Vac 4-Gallon 5.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum:

when we first got this shop vac my dad would always brag about how good it is and always trying to get me to use it to clean up all the dog hair. i just really didnt like how big and bulky it was. just vacuuming the stairs would be a challange, to balance it on the steps make sure it doesnt fall. carrying it up and down stairs is kinda a hassel but you know what it works wonderfully. it would make my stairs and upstairs looks sooo much cleaner and we would vacuum with the shop vac then we would carpet clean. i really liked this vacuum but it ended up just slowly not working. now it doesnt suck up as much at all, theres no more power to it, we ended up giving it away. so i recommend this vacuum but just take care of it!

sucks up all

from Westbrook, CT

Comments about Shop-Vac 4-Gallon 5.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum:

the wet vac is one of the greatest inventions ever. its easy to use and even better we use one at my job the wet vack picks up all dust water waste from animals and is easy to dump no bags and slides easly and is great to clean up your car

Wet/Dry Vac is surprisingly useful.

from Horsham, PA

Comments about Shop-Vac 4-Gallon 5.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum:

I bought it for myself on a Black Friday for a really great deal, but any use? Now a year later, I've used it for basement leak, bathroom spill, water pipe break in the garage (this was quite a flood during the winter), water heater spill and cleaning the concrete floor in the garage. Definitely useful, especially in accidents that happens. There was a new thing I just saw, shop-vac can be used as a bag chipper/shredder, need to buy the attachment. I haven't tried this but how cool is that!