Other Misc. Face Makeups:
Shiseido The Makeup Brightening Veil SPF 24

Shiseido The Makeup Brightening Veil SPF 24

The best face make-up I've found

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Shiseido The Makeup Brightening Veil SPF 24:

I have very pale sensitive skin that tends to be red and a bit uneven.  I should start by saying I've never been a fan of foundations or face make-up in general and used to just use concealer as needed.  Then I found this product.  It's marketed as a colorless primer that can also be used alone, which is how I use it.  I can't make any comment about it's usefulness as a primer since I've never tried it that way, but as a foundation it's pretty much perfect for me.  I will say I don't really agree with the colorless claim though.  Since I'm incredibly pale it matches my skin tone well, but I don't think a person with darker skin would be able to use this alone without adding a foundation matching their skin tone over it.  This product evens out my skin and takes care of any redness leaving a bright smooth finish.  It feels good on and I've never had any negative reactions to it.  I also love that it includes sun protection.  I burn very easily and this has an SPF of 24, which seems to be a little bit higher than the SPF 15 that I find in most foundations.  I do need to make sure my skin is well moisturized and exfoliated because this (as well as every foundation I've tried) will accentuate any flakiness I have.  My only slight problem with this product has to do with the packaging.  The compact doesn't have a mirror which isn't a huge deal, but this isn't a cheap product and I can't figure out why they didn't think to add a mirror making it easier to use on the go.  Like I said this is my only negative and it isn't enough of a problem to make me love this product any less.  Overall, I would definitely recommend this, especially if you have fair skin like me.