3.8
Other Paints:
Sherwin-Williams
Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties)

Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties)

3.8

Pros

• Great color (3)

Cons

• Uneven coat (4)

• Quality:
    • Coverage:
    • Ease of Appliation:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid do-it-yourselfer (7)

Sherwin Williams Paint - Cozy Colors and Subtle Sheen

When my husband and I decided to have our living room painted, our contractor suggested using **Sherwin Williams** Paint.  Since I'm a big fan of *[Behr paint][1] *, I had never tried Sherwin-Williams before.  We went with his recommendation, and we are quite pleased with the results.

After viewing an enormous fan deck of available colors, I narrowed it down to two light neutrals.  We drove over to the closest Sherwin-Williams store and headed straight to the color wall, which was well lit.  I looked at my paint choices in both the store light and the sunlight coming through the windows.  Since I was still unsure, my husband asked the clerk if we could get a small sample of each contender.  Unfortunately, it's not possible to get the small samples that are available with brands like *[Glidden][2] * and Valspar.  Still, we bought a couple of quarts so I could test them out before committing to a final color.

I found that **Sherwin Williams** paint covers fairly well, though I didn't think it covered quite as well as Behr.  Still, it is definitely good quality paint at a fair, affordable price.  Once the paint dried, it left the loveliest sheen on the walls.  We settled on "Biscuit" in an eggshell finish on the walls and flat for the ceiling.  It looks great -- no streaks, missed spots or drips.  We got two coats, but I think it would have been okay with just one.

Overall, I'm pleased with the results of **Sherwin Williams Paint**.  The colors are fantastic and the finish looks elegant.  In the evening, the walls give off a subtle glow as the lamp lights bounce off the walls.  Very cozy.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Behr-Interior-Satin-Paint-review-83a5
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Glidden-Interior-Satin-Paint-review-102b2

SW Brilliance Horrible

I've been doing my own painting for 30+ years, so I'm not exactly a beginner at this. I've used many brands of paint over the years and have always been happy with Sherwin-Williams paint. I just had my bedroom ceiling drywalled and as I was not going to put any texture on it wanted a quality paint. I bought SW Brilliance for the ceiling, with the assurance of the salesman that customers love it. All I can say is I have NEVER had to use three coats of paint on anything! I figured I would have to do two coats even though this is supposed to be one coat coverage, but THREE coats!?? Bottom line...horrible coverage. Never again on this one!

Peeled off my walls

from Fredericksburg

About Me Professional

Pros

Cons

• Peels off walls

• Paper weight

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

This paint is horrible and lacks integrity. It peels right off the walls.

WORST PRODUCT EVER !

from OHIO

Pros

Cons

• Uneven Coat

• Remodels

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

WORST PAINT I EVER BOUGHT FROM THEM. DOES NOT COVER ,DID NOT EVEN GO ON LIKE PAINT MORE LIKE CHAULK.

Worst paint ever used

from Canada

Pros

Cons

• Lackluster Color
        • Uneven Coat

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

Sherwin Williams Showcase paint is the worst paint I have ever used. Streaky, impossible to apply evenly. I have never had to thin a brand new can of paint before; this stuff was as thick as molasses. Lots of lap marks, even after thinning according to manufacturers recommendations and stirring often. Save yourself time, effort and money by NOT buying this brand. Too bad negative star rating is not available.

TERRIBLE COVERAGE

from Texas

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I Recently used this type of paint in two separate areas. In both locations the paint did not do a good job. th paint looks streaky. ready bad coverage ...every time a new brush stroke or roller stroke was applied the paint did not blend in . this happened with two separate colors. Also the paint seem to get thick while it is being used and becomes diffucult to roll. and

Worst paint

from Saint George Ut

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

Used the paint and primer in one...worst paint I have ever used. Had to apply 2 coats on a very light green color. Bring back the Kwal paint. Always a one coat paint with Kwal.

I would NEVER use Cashmere paint again. Worst paint ever!

from Kearney NE

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• None

Cons

• NOT scrubbable doesn't stick. Bubbles
          • Offers Little Protection
          • Uneven Coat

• Don't use on anything, you won't be satisfied

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

Over new primed Sheetrock. Had to apply two coats and it wouldn't stick on second coat. Scratched, chipped, bubbled, and scrubbed right off. I was a contract painter for Sherwin Williams several years ago bu would never recommend this paint. Still dealing with its problems after a major job

The best wall paint

from Bay City Michigan

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Coats Well
          • Great Color
          • Low Odor

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I've used Sherwin-Williams paint for many years but this is the first time I bought the Cashmere formula We are renovating a cottage and installed all new drywall. We bought this formula because it was recommended and we needed 4 gallons for the living room dining room space and it was a great sale. My sister, my cousin and myself agreed this paint had great coverage, spread like butter and great color I would recommend this and use it again.

Absolutely the worst smelling paint I have ever used!

from Colorado

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Great Color

Cons

• horrible smell

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I had a professional painter paint my bedroom. As the color is beautiful the smell is absolutely horrific! It has been a few days now and I can not get rid of the musky mildew smell. Very disapointed as I thought going with a high end product I would not have any problems. WRONG!

all praise is due to allah who has sent down

from united states

About Me Beginner

Pros

• Adds Protection

Cons

• Color Fades

• Exterior Painting
                • Interior Painting
                • New Home
                • Redecorating

good

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

great value and great product

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Coats Well
                • Great Color
                • Long Lasting
                • Low Odor

• Adding Personality
                  • Interior Painting
                  • Redecorating
                  • Touch-ups

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I just re did my laundry room and i used this product. I loved it. I researched what kinds of paint were the best and I found the best reviews for Sherwin Williams. When I went to the store to get my paint the sales associates were a great help. They werent pushy, they answered the questions that I had and I was on my way. Colors options were endless. It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted. Once I found it, it was perfect. Price was great. There is no cheap paint anymore, but you do get what you pay for. I painted a medium sized room. 12 X 15. This paint applied very easy and went on very smooth. I was impressed after the first coat how great of coverage I had. I didnt feel like I used tons and tons of paint to get the first coat on the wall. The second coat applied beautifully and it was so even. I went from a light color to dark color so i was alittle worried the bright lighter color would shine through. It did not one bit. The color was even, and smooth and perfect. I like to use a brush for alot of the small stuff rather than a roller and using a brush was a breeze. The paint was like butter on the wall. Using a roller it was also very smooth and nice. The fumes of the paint were not bad either. I did not feel like I was getting light headed or needed a break because the smell was very low. Drying time was fairly quick. By the time I had applied the first coat, I would start on the second because the beginning was very dry. I would recommend this product to otheres. I will be using it again for my next projects as well. I was very pleased with this product all around.