3.9
Other Paints:
Sherwin-Williams
Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties)

Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties)

3.9

Pros

• Great color (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid do-it-yourselfer (6)

Sherwin Williams Paint - Cozy Colors and Subtle Sheen

When my husband and I decided to have our living room painted, our contractor suggested using **Sherwin Williams** Paint.  Since I'm a big fan of *[Behr paint][1] *, I had never tried Sherwin-Williams before.  We went with his recommendation, and we are quite pleased with the results.

After viewing an enormous fan deck of available colors, I narrowed it down to two light neutrals.  We drove over to the closest Sherwin-Williams store and headed straight to the color wall, which was well lit.  I looked at my paint choices in both the store light and the sunlight coming through the windows.  Since I was still unsure, my husband asked the clerk if we could get a small sample of each contender.  Unfortunately, it's not possible to get the small samples that are available with brands like *[Glidden][2] * and Valspar.  Still, we bought a couple of quarts so I could test them out before committing to a final color.

I found that **Sherwin Williams** paint covers fairly well, though I didn't think it covered quite as well as Behr.  Still, it is definitely good quality paint at a fair, affordable price.  Once the paint dried, it left the loveliest sheen on the walls.  We settled on "Biscuit" in an eggshell finish on the walls and flat for the ceiling.  It looks great -- no streaks, missed spots or drips.  We got two coats, but I think it would have been okay with just one.

Overall, I'm pleased with the results of **Sherwin Williams Paint**.  The colors are fantastic and the finish looks elegant.  In the evening, the walls give off a subtle glow as the lamp lights bounce off the walls.  Very cozy.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Behr-Interior-Satin-Paint-review-83a5
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Glidden-Interior-Satin-Paint-review-102b2

SW Brilliance Horrible

I've been doing my own painting for 30+ years, so I'm not exactly a beginner at this. I've used many brands of paint over the years and have always been happy with Sherwin-Williams paint. I just had my bedroom ceiling drywalled and as I was not going to put any texture on it wanted a quality paint. I bought SW Brilliance for the ceiling, with the assurance of the salesman that customers love it. All I can say is I have NEVER had to use three coats of paint on anything! I figured I would have to do two coats even though this is supposed to be one coat coverage, but THREE coats!?? Bottom line...horrible coverage. Never again on this one!

Worst paint

from Saint George Ut

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

Used the paint and primer in one...worst paint I have ever used. Had to apply 2 coats on a very light green color. Bring back the Kwal paint. Always a one coat paint with Kwal.

I would NEVER use Cashmere paint again. Worst paint ever!

from Kearney NE

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• None

Cons

• NOT scrubbable doesn't stick. Bubbles
  • Offers Little Protection
  • Uneven Coat

• Don't use on anything, you won't be satisfied

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

Over new primed Sheetrock. Had to apply two coats and it wouldn't stick on second coat. Scratched, chipped, bubbled, and scrubbed right off. I was a contract painter for Sherwin Williams several years ago bu would never recommend this paint. Still dealing with its problems after a major job

The best wall paint

from Bay City Michigan

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Coats Well
  • Great Color
  • Low Odor

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I've used Sherwin-Williams paint for many years but this is the first time I bought the Cashmere formula We are renovating a cottage and installed all new drywall. We bought this formula because it was recommended and we needed 4 gallons for the living room dining room space and it was a great sale. My sister, my cousin and myself agreed this paint had great coverage, spread like butter and great color I would recommend this and use it again.

Absolutely the worst smelling paint I have ever used!

from Colorado

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Great Color

Cons

• horrible smell

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I had a professional painter paint my bedroom. As the color is beautiful the smell is absolutely horrific! It has been a few days now and I can not get rid of the musky mildew smell. Very disapointed as I thought going with a high end product I would not have any problems. WRONG!

all praise is due to allah who has sent down

from united states

About Me Beginner

Pros

• Adds Protection

Cons

• Color Fades

• Exterior Painting
        • Interior Painting
        • New Home
        • Redecorating

good

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

great value and great product

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Coats Well
        • Great Color
        • Long Lasting
        • Low Odor

• Adding Personality
          • Interior Painting
          • Redecorating
          • Touch-ups

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I just re did my laundry room and i used this product. I loved it. I researched what kinds of paint were the best and I found the best reviews for Sherwin Williams. When I went to the store to get my paint the sales associates were a great help. They werent pushy, they answered the questions that I had and I was on my way. Colors options were endless. It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted. Once I found it, it was perfect. Price was great. There is no cheap paint anymore, but you do get what you pay for. I painted a medium sized room. 12 X 15. This paint applied very easy and went on very smooth. I was impressed after the first coat how great of coverage I had. I didnt feel like I used tons and tons of paint to get the first coat on the wall. The second coat applied beautifully and it was so even. I went from a light color to dark color so i was alittle worried the bright lighter color would shine through. It did not one bit. The color was even, and smooth and perfect. I like to use a brush for alot of the small stuff rather than a roller and using a brush was a breeze. The paint was like butter on the wall. Using a roller it was also very smooth and nice. The fumes of the paint were not bad either. I did not feel like I was getting light headed or needed a break because the smell was very low. Drying time was fairly quick. By the time I had applied the first coat, I would start on the second because the beginning was very dry. I would recommend this product to otheres. I will be using it again for my next projects as well. I was very pleased with this product all around.

Apparently Satin is the new Flat!!!

from Lexington, KY

Pros

Cons

• Uneven Coat

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

We just bought a new home and decided to purchase "quality" paints. The only mistake we made was purchasing this brand~ Sherwin Williams Showcase~ Flat. Would have been so, so much better off had we simply gone to K mart and bought the cheapest cans of flat paint possible. I'll even go so far as to say even IF those cans were spray paint. At least they would be FLAT!!! Not Satin, not eggshell or any type with any sheen whatsoever in it! You want to talk about one poed consumer, HELLO! We didn't just go there and buy just one stankin gallon, oh hell no, we bought 6 of them at approx $37.00 each, oh yes, and all COLORS! Of course, that annoying "no return on premixed colors" label has been has been taunting me ever since I crossed the finish line with the task and gracefully laid that paint filled roller on the hood of my ex hubby's new BMW, but that's a different story. I climbs back through the window cause my baby daddy done nailed the front door shut. I turns around start walking backwards and tells Nay nay to tell me when the wall is dry and swing me around. We both stood there for 3 days straight just waiting for that huge ta da moment when I would turn around and be amazed by this flat wall. Hell, to this very day that dam wall still be shining. Flat means no sheen Mr. Williams. I will never waste my money on you again!

sherwin williams superpaint strong smell odor stinks 4 days

from minneapolis minnesota

About Me Professional

Pros

• Flat Hides Imperfections

Cons

• Flat Is High Odor
              • Flat Is Long Lasting Odor
              • Strong Odor Reeks

• Sherwin Flat Strong Odor

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I have been using Sherwin Williams Duration and SuperPaint exterior and interior for years. Not sure why but painted a bedroom using interior beige in FLAT sheen .....it made the whole house stink for days!!! It is hard to even imagine...We have had the windows open for hours now with fans running and it still reeks. It appears that the FLAT formulation is very strong smelling odor. Very stinky. Much longer lasting strong smelling odor than any other paint I have ever smelled. The paint is dry. But the smell just hangs on and on. Originally painted the very same room with sherwin williams duration same color in satin and no strong odor.

It's the worst paint we've used in 20 years

from Asheville, NC

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

We tend to look for lower VOC for interior painting. We used Benj. Moore in all houses prior to what will likely be our last home. We used different flavors of Sherwin Williams as needed. We also did the porch and back deck (new wood on floor). We all of them, it is the worst paint we've used. It flakes easily. It cracks. The stain does not cover or last long. We just couldn't afford the price of the Benjamin Moore here (the south).

Benjamin Moore lasted an easy 8+ years (inside and out in the north) and it was great.

All paint was put on professionally. I would not recommend any of the SW brands to anyone. Might as well look for something cheaper assuming you can find the low VOC. I used Behr about six years ago and the smell was excruciatingly horrible. But, I worked with friends who didn't care about the smell.

Coverage
              Shake it well and watch it drip.

Ease of Appliation
              Ease of application is a no brainer. It goes on easily and runs and wears off too fast. Why did we even buy it.

• Ease of Appliation:

Was great for room design

Profile Image

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Interior Paint (All Varieties):

My mom said we could design my room however I wanted in high school and I chose to go with a night time theme with a mural of New York city skyline all lit up at night. It turned out amazing, thanks to the products we used. The paint we decided to go with was Sherman Williams blue, dark blue, and black. We started by painting most of the rooms' walls in the blue going about three fourths of the way up. Then for the final one fourth we used the dark blue first on the bottom half and then the black on the second half and continued it by covering the ceiling in black. It had a fade effect going from blue to black as you got to the top of the wall and ceiling. The colors went really well together and achieved the effect we were going for. Application on the walls was very easy, the ceiling was a little more difficult because it was a "popcorn" finished ceiling. We applied just one coat of each color to the walls and ceiling and it looked great. The drying time ended up being a couple hours which was not bad. We finished off with some special touches, we splattered glow in the dark paint on the ceiling for a starry night effect. It has been just over ten years now and the room still looks great.