Other Paints:

Sherwin-Williams Cashmere Interior Acrylic Latex Paint

Cashmere in question

from Ga.

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Adds Protection
  • Great Color
  • Long Lasting
  • Low Odor

Cons

• Uneven Coat

• Interior Painting

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Cashmere Interior Acrylic Latex Paint:

Like the product and have been using throughout the house. My only but big complaint is poor coverage. I find that I must apply 2 coats regardless of the base paint to ensure complete coverage. I thought this only occurred in one room but found the same issue in all of the rooms I am painting. Will consider an alternative in the future

Strong odor

from San Clemente,CA

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

Cons

• Redecorating

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Cashmere Interior Acrylic Latex Paint:

It's been two months since I painted my bathroom and there is still a strong odor from the Cashmere paint. Next time I am going to find a paint with less VOC's.

Worth the extra money.

from Kansas

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Cashmere Interior Acrylic Latex Paint:

Sherwin-Williams Cashmere paint is excellent! I had to repaint a room after I used a horrible quality paint. I was determined to find a good quality paint after my first painting mishap in that room. The lady at Sherwin-Williams highly recommended this paint so I decided to give it a try. This paint is more expensive than other types but it is worth the extra cost!

This paint went on very smoothly and it only took one coat. It only took a few hours and the paint was dry. I have had to scrub crayon and sticky messes off of the wall and the paint held up just fine. The walls in that room still look fantastic and it's been 3 years! The next time I am painting a room this paint will be my first choice.

Quality
      I feel that this paint is much higher quality than other ones.

This paint is very durable. It can withstand scrubbing and will not chip if it is bumped with objects.

Coverage
      It only took one coat of paint to cover the walls.

• Quality:
      • Coverage:
      • Ease of Appliation:

Good Product for the DIY

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Cashmere Interior Acrylic Latex Paint:

Sherwin Williams has quite a few high quality paint lines. Their Cashmere is just another one of these lines. What sets this one apart from their other lines, is that it self-levels itself on the wall. This is especially handy when you are trying to eliminate brush and roller marks. Also Cashmere is a very durable paint, that can hold up to moderate scrubbing. However, not everything is great about this product. There are a few set backs. Cashmere isn't the best covering paint. If you're wanting to do a big color change, I would opt for Super Paint instead. Also because of the self leveling additive, it does cause the roller to slide on the wall instead of roll. This can be a little frustrating at times.
      Overall Cashmere is a solid line of paint. Despite the cons, it does leave a nice finish, and is forgiving to us who aren't professional painters.

Quality
      It's a high quality paint. It covers pretty good, and levels on itself.

Cashmere is very durable. It can be washed and scrubbed without burnishing.

Coverage
      Cashmere doesn't cover as nicely as the Sherwin Williams Super Paint, but does do a better job than most of it's competition.

Ease of Appliation
      Easy to apply, although sometimes the roller tends to slide on the wall rather than roll.

• Quality:
      • Coverage:
      • Ease of Appliation:

Excellent Product

from Millinocket, ME

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Cashmere Interior Acrylic Latex Paint:

You will be hard-pressed to find a paint that is as durable and as easy to apply as Sherwin Williams Cashmere Interior. We wait for the super-sale that they have several times a year. It glides on easily and it cleans well.

SHW Cover the Earth is Awesome!!

from SmallTown, TX

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Cashmere Interior Acrylic Latex Paint:

This is hands down, the best paint we have ever used. It is low odor, dries quickly and is super durable. We decided to paint the house when the paint started looking ragged. New home construction is sprayed on and sometimes does not hold up. Of course this depends on the paint used as well. We painted the entire house with this paint approximately seven years ago. This paint has a lifetime warranty. It holds up when scrubbed. It has not faded at all. It looks like we just painted!! It touches up beautifully as well. It might seem that it is more expensive than some other brands, but when compared with how it holds up, it is well worth the money. I highly recommend this paint. Thanks Sherwin Williams!!

Cashmere Medium Luster dries hard like an oil paint.

from Oakley, CA

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Cashmere Interior Acrylic Latex Paint:

I had worked for Sherwin Williams for along time.  I tried alot of their products and really love this product.  It maintains its sheen after scrubbing it with a damp cloth and soap.  It cleans easily.    It dries in 4 hrs and within 24 hours to hard finish similar to an oil paint.  It has a smooth and creamy feel to it.  You can even do medium dark colors.  Although there are certain tints do fade more easily, I found out that the teal color I chose has not faded.  I did alot of experimenting with this product.  I wrote on the wall with a permanent marker, splashed spagetti sauce on it, and even had my granddaughter smear chocolate candy on the surface.   I let them all dry for 30 minutes, the only thing I used to clean them up with was soap and water and a towel.  The marker was the only thing that I had to scrub really hard with.  I lost a little of the sheen where the marker was.  I thought that if waited more than 24 hours the surface would take a little more scrubbing.  Still 8 years later, the sheen has retain its luster. Every day dirt and dust comes off easily.  The shiner the sheen the easier it is to clean.

easy smooth and looks great

from Roseburg, OR

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Cashmere Interior Acrylic Latex Paint:

I had used walmart interior  flat paint for the first coat and then wasn't able to get back to repainting the second coat for several weeks .. the walmart paint marked up easily and I couldn't get things to clean off without taking off all the paint.  I decided to look at different paints and found the sherwin williams cashmere.  I did the second coat with the cashmere paint and it went from just a paint job to making the walls look awesome.  the paint went on smooth and the paint job holds up so much better, it has been several weeks and no marks from the 4 year olds running up and down the hall.  i couldn't be happier!

Perfect paint - Sherwin Williams Cashmere Interior

from Springfield, TN

Comments about Sherwin-Williams Cashmere Interior Acrylic Latex Paint:

I needed a color match and a long-lasting quality paint for our living/family room.  I knew the folks at our local Sherwin Williams would be very willing and happy to help.  After receiving the pros and cons of the different interior paints, we selected Cashmere Interior.  And just like real cashmere, it is so smooth, giving a great finish.  In our particular color (a mustard gold), we did need to apply two coats to get the desired coverage.  Durability -- has been great.  Now going on two years, it still looks good.  It also cleans/washes well.  I would recommend Sherwin Williams' Cashmere Interior Paint to anyone wanting a long-lasting, satiny smooth finish paint.  Oh, and the color match with the drapes was right on the money.