3.2
ShelvesThatSlide.com

ShelvesThatSlide.com

3.2

Custom DIY Shelves that Slide, Glide and Rollout

Why is it that the item you're diligently searching for is located way, way in the back of the shelf?  Wouldn't it be nice to have a custom-made shelf for your cabinet that you could pull out for easy access?  One that is made of good quality materials, sized to your specifications, yet still affordable.  I wanted a sliding shelf that would be easy to install myself and also easy on my wallet and I found it.  Online retailer **Shelves That Slide** offers quality and customization at a do it yourself price. (*shelvesthatslide.com*) **Shelves That Slide**

This website features custom rollout shelving for kitchens and bathrooms, pantries, and cabinets.  There are sliding shelves, lazy susans, tip-outs, trash and recycle shelves, swivel shelves, and corner units.  The Arizona based company has been in business for over 15 years and is in good standing with the Better Business Bureau.  After spending some time on the Shelves That Slide website, I felt comfortable in doing business with the retailer.

Instead of plywood, cheap poplar, or particleboard materials that some manufacturers use, Shelves That Slide prides itself on manufacturing their shelves with 9 ply 1/2" Baltic Birch, 1/4" MDF, 5/8" thick Melamine ,and steel "L" brackets, with oak or maple solid hardwood trim as part of the construction design options.  There are plenty of tips and instructions for measuring and installing your shelf, and there is plenty of advice and FAQs to ensure that you have a successful outcome for your proect.

Shelves That Slide doesn't sell to distributors so it completely eliminates the middle man (and the extra costs).  If you can measure accurately and have basic handy-man (or woman) skills, then this is a good option.  Specify your desired product and dimensions on the order form and Shelves That Slide will construct it and mail it to you within a week via UPS Ground.  In less than 15 minutes, you can install a custom-sized pull out shelf for your kitchen, home office, media room, or bathroom.

I purchased the **Economy Sliding Shelf** ([reviewed here][1] ) and couldn't be happier.  **Shelves That Slide** delivered on its promise and I am glad to give them my highest recommendation.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Shelves-That-Slide-Economy-Sliding-Shelf-review-ab431

Bad customer service

I tried to order from shelves that slide on a website that didn't seem to work.  The website just stopped before I could even submit the order so I waited to see if I was charged and/or if I rec'd an email confirmation.  Neither ocurred so I ordered from another website.  I did receive an email confirmation for this order.  I should have called first b/c I rec'd 2 shipments and was charged twice.  And, the first shipment was $20 more for the exact same things.  When I called to explain they said I could return one of the shipments but I would be responsible for the shipping charges (to and from since the original wouldn't be credited) and a 15% re-stocking fee.  This person also stated that she saw both orders come through and thought it was weird but opted not to call and check.  All-in-all it would end up costing me $100 to return them.  Instead, I just kept them but I have nowhere in my house to install them.  My advise, call to confirm!!!!

True Customer Service

from Boston, MA

Comments about ShelvesThatSlide.com:

I ordered this product for my small bathroom because it completely lacks storage. The customer service that I received was impeccable and the product matched in quality. The Representatives whom I spoke to explained thoroughly and answered my questions to ensure that the shelves were made correctly to fit the space. A truly wonderfully experience that unfortunately these days is far too rare! If you need anything that this company offers, buy it from them. You won't be disappointed!

Quality pullout shelves shipped fast and easy to install A+++

Comments about ShelvesThatSlide.com:

I am so impressed with the quality of the service and the shelves that I received from Shelves That Slide. Before I ordered online I called to ask some questions. I spoke with Linda who helped me through the measuring process. I guess I am old fashioned but when I called in I was expecting to hear a man's voice. Well it turns out Linda did installation and sales before she came into the office and she was an expert at helping me through the process. The turnaround time was very fast. It was just over a week from the time I ordered my shelves to when they were shipped and I received them just a few days later. I ordered ten shelves for $499 with free shipping. I was very pleased when I saw the care that had been taken to pack these shelves. It was obvious that the company cares about their product or they would not put so much time and effort into the packaging. When I opened the boxes and saw the shelves I understood why they too so much pride in the packaging. It took about 30 minutes to install the first shelf and then every shelf after that went in faster and easier. They roll great and our cabinets have never been so well organized.

Installation was simple thanks to the bracket system and the quality slide hardware

Product Selection
wide array of pull out shelves

Product Pricing
The best pricing I found for quality shelves and believe me I searched

Customer Service
The best customer service I have ever received from an online company

Shipping and Returns
Shipping was a little high but then looking at the way things were packed it is understood

• Product Selection:
  • Product Pricing:
  • Customer Service:
  • Shipping and Returns:

Poor value for the money

Comments about ShelvesThatSlide.com:

The biggest problem with these shelves is the poor quality of the full extension slides. Not a good quality ball bearing slide, but a flimsy nylon roller type. They do not operate smoothly, and I do not expect them to be very durable since the full shelf load is being carried by only two little nylon rollers on each slide. The slides also do not have plastic bumpers on the ends to keep them from scratching the inside of the cabinet doors if you don't open them quite far enough. For what I paid extra for the full extension slides, these are a big disappointment.

The shelf box construction is average. Looks nice, and the sides are fairly sturdy, but the bottom is a thin fiberboard covered with something like the old stick-on shelf plastic rather than a nice hard, durable laminate.

The best I can say about them is that they were manufactured accurately to the dimensions I supplied.

These were quite expensive, but I ordered them because I was pressed for time in a remodel of our kitchen. In the past I have built sliding shelves and drawers from scratch myself, and I know what a quality slide-out shelf should be. This isn't it.

Disappointing design

Comments about ShelvesThatSlide.com:

The shelves work and are a solid quailyt but I am not at all happy with the deisgn. I purchased sliding shelves that install on an existing full shelf. The design of the L-bracket actually makes the sliding shelf sit a full 3/4 inch above the actual shelf. This is a huge waste of space and I will never purchase any of these shelves again. Slide-a-shelf is far superior, they ship faster, do not take up unnecessary space, and have more sizing options.

"Manager" made me so angry! Plus 47 day wait time.

Comments about ShelvesThatSlide.com:

I typically do not write reviews, but I felt like I must in this circumstance. Previous positive reviews must have been written by the owner or an employee. My experience with this company has been very negative to say the least. When calling for technical help the level of customer service is extremely lacking. They just do not care. After waiting the "two weeks" estimated wait time, I called and was informed it will take a few more weeks. All in all, 47 days from start to finish, I had my shelves in hand. I feel as if the quality is so so. I figure they will do the job and they will be hidden behind a cabinet door so I am not worried about that. Me and my husband spent all weekend trying to figure out how to install to no avail., we ended up just hiring a handyman who charged us $150. Took them 2 hours to install all 8 shelves.

sliding shelves customized to fit

Comments about ShelvesThatSlide.com:

I on-line ordered 8 custom-sized shelves from this company. Their website is easy to use. Delivery was timely. I'm a retired white collar worker that no one would describe as "handy". However, I found the shelves as relatively easy to install. The directions ar in plain English - not translated from a foreign language. As would be expected, it took me longer to install the first one, but the succeeding one went quicker. The shelves are excellent quality, a very good value, and my wife and I are completely happy with them.

They really do make your life easier

Comments about ShelvesThatSlide.com:

It was such a breath of fresh air when I found these shelves. To find a custom made product is not that unusual but to find one from a company that actually cares about their customers is. We ordered two shelves to start with. They arrived about a week and a half after we ordered them. The shelves were completely assembled, they even had the L brackets already attached to the slides. It took us about 15 minutes to put the first shelf as we were probably being pickier than we needed to be. The second shelf went in in five minutes and they work great. Within an hour after installing the first two shelves we placed an order for the rest of the kitchen. We got ten of their premium shelves with shipping for under $500. The second set of shelves showed up about two weeks latter and we have installed them all. My wife is so happy with me that she calls me her hero. Don't tell her but I like the shelves almost as much as she does. I may even start putting the dishes away! Thank you Shelves That Slide, you really did make my life easier

Great shelves from a great company A+++

Comments about ShelvesThatSlide.com:

Great shelves, top quality material and manufacturing. Bad reviews must be from competitors as they do not represent what I have found. These are the highest quality shelves I have found and for a better price after shipping than any others I have tried. A+++

complete waste of time

Comments about ShelvesThatSlide.com:

Installer came to my home to measure, 5 weeks later I called to see about schedule to install, 2 texts and 3 phone calls produced no return calls. Called main office, encountered indifferent attitude. Called again today, person on phone confirmed no invoice or order had been placed for me. Person said they have other bad reports on this installer. Bottom line, 5 weeks wasted, cancelled order, person on phone told me 100 dollar cancellation fee. I wonder if she felt foolish when she found no order had been placed. How do they stay in business?

Found same thing elsewhere for a better price.

Comments about ShelvesThatSlide.com:

I previously purchased 2 shelves from shelvesthatslide.com and they were okay. Just bought 2 more from caddyshelf.com and they were pretty much the same thing except 30% cheaper. The shelves do a great job at keeping the pantry tidy.