3.5
R-220KW
Sharp 800 Watt Carousel Microwave Oven

Sharp 800 Watt Carousel Microwave Oven

3.5

I most likely would not buy this product again

from Flint, MI

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Easy To Install
  • Simple Controls
  • Simple Display

Cons

• Heats Unevenly
  • Small Capacity

• Leftovers
  • Popcorn
  • Quick Meals

Comments about Sharp 800 Watt Carousel Microwave Oven:

I mainly use my Sharp Carousel for T.V. dinners and reheated food. It's low power means that everything you cook you must add extra time beyond that of what the packaging directs. I regret making this purchase. In the future I would definitely buy a larger and more high powered model. It takes almost five minutes to boil two cups of water. When I make T.V. dinners I have to add and extra two minutes or risk biting into chunks of ice. Also. the defrost is laughable. After two full cycles programmed for the correct wait, my meat was still rock hard in the center. All in all I would avoid this product. Spend the extra money and get something more powerful.

• Primary use:
  • Personal

I LOVE my Sharp Carousel Microwave.

from Lakeside, CA

Comments about Sharp 800 Watt Carousel Microwave Oven:

I bought my previous Sharp carousel microwave before I left Northern California in 1972.  I loved the convenience of just putting the food in and setting the rotary dial.  I never even had to think about turning the food or worry about even distribution of heat. just set and forget.  Everything I put in that micrwave came out perfect every time.

I moved that microwave with me to several different locations in California and then across the country and back.  After 30 years of LOVING that oven, the timer wore out.  The microwave still worked perfectly but, there was no timer so I had to watch and remember to save the food.   I didn't want to buy a new one because I thought I could no longer find one with a rotary dial.  After putting a piece of pie in to warm one day, being distracted by a telephone call, and filling my house with smoke from burning pie, I finally went online and checked out all the Sharp models (I wouldn't even consider any other brand). I chose my new carousel and bravely decided to try a touch panel model.

I now LOVE my new touch panel R220.  Their touch pad is so user friendly even I enjoy it and no longer miss my nice simple rotary dial.  I especially enjoy that cute little "warm" button and use it all the time.  The popcorn button comes in pretty handy too.