Other Vacuums:
Shark
MV2010
Shark Vac-then-Steam 2-in-1 Vacuum and Steam Mop

Shark Vac-then-Steam Vacuum and Steam Mop

I bought this item about 2 years ago after reading reviews about the product. It is very easy to push in both modes, and it sucks up everything with no problem. I use this on both my hardwoods and tile floors, and it does very well on both surfaces, and it sanitizes better than using regular cleaners and chemicals. I do have to go over some spots a few times when using the steam mop, but it is better than having to get down on my hand and knees and scrub the floor. The only complaint I really have with this item is that the vacuum part of it is really loud, louder than normal vacuum cleaners. Other than that I am very happy with this product and I think that the price is very reasonable for the product and what it does, so I am happy with the cost of the product. It may take a few times using it to get the hang of everything, but after you use it a couple of times it is very easy to use and clean out when done. I would highly recommend this product to anyone.

true

The shark vacuum is decent

For a mom of two four year olds, cleaning is almost an everyday must and there's only so much your back can handle when you have to clean the floors almost everyday. I use all types of cleaners and devices, but recently seen my sister had the shark vacuum and steamer. It seemed like it worked great on her floor so I decided to get one. It is very handy compared to the traditional sweep then mop. It steams and cleans quite well. The only issue I seem to have with it is the power of the suction. It does pick up some dirt, but when it comes to a little bit of larger items, it doesn't pick up well. I tried it on a throw rug to see if I can tell if it was just the vacuum itself, but it didn't work on either. I rated it a seven because I do like the features and how it sanitizes effortlessly, I'm just not completely satisfied with it only picking up very minute pieces of stuff. Overall it's easy to use, but I think I would have made a different choice if I knew a little more about it.

true

The steam works well, vacuum is not the best

I love the stream feature on this machine. I use it on all of my wood floors. I have real wood floors along with laminate floors and this works on both. I use the vacuum portion to sweep the floors prior to steaming them and that works out great for me. I would not recommend the vacuum to be used on carpets, it is not strong enough. The steam pad is easy to change and wash in the washing machine. I tried to use it on some of my throw rugs and it would not pick up the particles. Maneuverability It works great, but does not get under tables very well. If you tilt the machine too much, water tends to leak. Ease of Maintenance Very easy to maintain and fill the water when needed. Suction Performance It works well on the floors, but not well on carpets. Versatility It works well on wood floors and laminate floors. I would not recommend it for use on carpets. Durability I have had this machine for over 2 years and it has held up very well. I have not had any issues at all with it breaking.

Shark the Way

This is one of the best vacuums I have ever used. It works on carpets, tile and hardwood. The steam feature is so easy to use, just swap out the heads, add water and go. Maneuverability Easy to move around the room. Not to good in tight spaces like the bathroom. Ease of Maintenance Easy to clean-Just remove the canister with a click of a button and another click to empty it. Suction Performance It is easy to push & appears to pull you along as it adheres to the carpet creating an airtight seal with it. It pulls up the cat and dog hair throughout the house on tiles and carpet. It pull up the pile on the carpet as it goes along. Versatility The steam feature is a breeze as it sterlizes the floor leaving it clean with no residual streaks. Design It tips over easy and the cord is not long enough. I love the red color and the fact you can see through the canister to see how full it is. Extra filters (which I soaked in hot water and Mr Clean) help contain the dust it sucks in. No dust seems to escape into the room. Durability So far so good, I use it almost every day.

Clayton, NC

Just what I needed

I have always had pets but have not always had as much solid surface floors that I have now. I vacuum all the time to keep the pet hair picked up but I have more trouble keeping the floors clean when my pets drink water, eat treats and track dirt and mud into the house and onto the surface of my hard surfaces. The floors just seem to always be smeared and dirty because of their tracking after drinking or coming inside with wet feet from the damp grass. Lately, they have been digging in the back yard whether wet or dry outside so you can imagine what my floors look like. When I saw this vacuum steamer on tv, I told my husband that it was exactly what I needed to keep my floor clean. It vacuums up the loose dirt and grass and pet hair then steam cleans the smeared, tracked in muddy spots as well. It is just what I needed and I am relieved that I found something so easy to use because I have to do it everyday.

Flint, TX

Good steam mop

I would recommend the Shark Steam Vac for tile and treated wood floors. The steam is great for sanitizing the kitchen floor, and also for loosening up dirt or grime. It makes the floors look and feel cleaner. Also, the steam is a more natural way to go if you have kids or pets that you don't want walking around in cleaner residue. This steam vac is easy to use and does a good job. It's a little on the pricey side, but I think for the convenience, it's worth it. It does a much better job than mop and bucket mopping, and it's safe for wood, that's you could use throughout your house. It does a good job in clinging to pet hair as well. The steam vac is pretty durable. We've had ours for over a year without problems. I've heard that it can do damage to wood that isn't sealed or properly treated (as any type of moisture can), so please be aware of that. If you treat your floors every couple years, then it shouldn't be a problem. Suction Performance Could be better.

Pittsburgh, PA

Efficient and Worthwhile for Cost

Shark made a really nifty, easy to use, fairly light weight vacuum that does both wet and dry! Out of the box, the Shark is very easy to set up/attach pieces. Instructions are straightforward and simple and does not require that much brain power to get the machine going. Floor cleaner was included, and for the amount you use compared to the bottle size, I would say you get at least 10 uses. The process itself is kind of slow going. Vacuuming is like any other normal vacuum, but when going over the floor to mop it, you kind of want to move slightly slower and keep yourself in straight lines. The mop part cleans fairly well for the vacuum that it is; I only have a couple of issues. First, if there is some caked on grime and dirt, you'll probably have to get down and scrub it to get it completely off (otherwise go over it a bunch of times and sometimes that can loosen it enough). And secondly, It doesn't work the best in corners and along baseboards/edges. If you come at the baseboard head on with the front of the vacuum, it gets slightly closer to the edge than running the vacuum parallel with the wall. I live in a 3/2 fully tiled home, and let me tell you, for the price and the ease of using a single vacuum to do my floors completely, it's DEFINITELY worth it! Maneuverability Not extremely easy to turn Ease of Maintenance It's very easy to take-off the removable pieces and wash them/rinse them. Versatility I love the vacuum and mopping all in one unit! Design Base could be slightly less bulky/more lightweight, but overall the design is good. Durability My spouse completely ran into this thing one day (with some good force) and it slammed against our tile floor. When I examined it, I was shocked to see that there was absolutely nothing wrong with any of the parts (plastic containers & all). Not even a scratch! The Shark is a great little vacuum!

Very Handy Cleaner

I really like the Shark vacuum and steam cleaning mop combination here. I first started using it while working with a company who goes in to help elderly people with everyday chores. My client was an older gentleman who had some difficulty getting around and he had one of these. It has great maneuverability so he could still use it without trouble. I like that it does not require any special cleaning formula. You just fill the reservoir with tap water and plug the unit in. The unit heats the water so that it turns into steam to mop the floors and kill bacteria while still be safe for kids and animals on the floor. I liked his so much I bought one of my own. The vacuum portion is more meant for hard floors than carpet but does have a carpet guide tool you can put on to steam your carpets every once in awhile to kill any bacteria or growth you may have from things just being tracked in on a daily basis. The steam is a very good cleaner and was able to remove old gum residue from our tile floor from the previous tenants. I did try adding some pine sol one day, even thought the manual warns against it, to get a clean smell in our bathrooms when cleaning. Do not add any cleaners, they will end up drying inside the unit and clogging it. I had to completely disassemble mine and wash things and unclog with a toothpick. Works fine again, but I only have myself to blame there.

Undisclosed

true

No problems with this item

Not many problems here. i love it . i would give it an overall rating of very good Maneuverability It is easy enough to move around but does not move well over tile that is not laid well Ease of Maintenance Cleaning and emptying is fine no problems here Suction Performance Seems to do that ok , except when the tile is uneven Versatility Moving from one function to the other is good no problems here too Design I love the design, it stores away easily Durability I've had it for a while and have had no problems

Miami, FL

I'm in LOVE!

I've had this Shark Vac-then-Steam cleaner for about 2 years now and I can't rave enough about it. I've recommended it to family and friends, and I can't thank my sister enough for turning me on to it. The vacuum I had at the time she told me about it was on the fritz and I was having company so she told me to go get one of these, and I'm glad she did! I have a cat and a dog and they shed a lot so it's very convenient that I can vacuum the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room and hallway prior to cleaning the floors, whereas, while mopping I'd pick up a ton of hair and have to rinse more than I normally would when I didn't have pets. All in All, GO GET ONE! You won't regret it.

Shark Vac-then-Steam 2-in-1 Vacuum and Steam Mop