Other Vacuums:
Bagless Upright Vacuums
Shark
Shark Rocket Self-Propelled Bagless Upright Vacuum

Shark Rocket Self-Propelled Bagless Upright Vacuum

Pros

• Lightweight (7)
  • Easy to empty (6)
  • Easy to use (6)
  • Powerful/good suction (6)
  • Efficient (5)

• Carpet (7)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (7)
    • Personal (6)

Amazing for pet owners!

I'm extremely impressed with how well this vacuum does, especially compared against the leading vacuum brand. My past experiences with the Shark brand had not been favorable, so I ignored this vacuum initially. After seeing strangers rave about this vacuum on a deals forum and then asking a friend who had one to demonstrate hers, I was sold.

Maneuverability
This vacuum is light, and because of its streamlined design, it's quite easy to change direction, move, and otherwise maneuver it.

Ease of Maintenance
Emptying out the canister simply requires popping it off and turning it over the trash can. The canister is also fairly small and light, a nice change from the long, wide ones.

Suction Performance
This picks up so much dust and pet hair with minimal effort. I was amazed at how much can collect on my rug in just within a couple of days...if this vacuum isn't getting it all, I would be surprised.

Versatility
You can also lift it up to vacuum walls and ceiling fans. I didn't even realize such a thing was possible (or necessary) until I tried with this vacuum.

I've only had it for a few weeks, but so far, so good!

I would buy this product again !

I received this vacuum free in exchange for using it and reviewing it.. I don't have the words to tell you how much I love it!! Admittedly I have never used a battery operated vacuum before, but I can tell you that this little jewel is fantastic!!! 1. It took me about ten minutes to read instructions and snap this vacuum together. And I am usually technically challenged! It feels very substantial and like it will last! 2. It has setting to vacuum carpet and setting to vacuum floor. You can use the Extended Run Time or Max Power setting. The Extended Time will give you approximately 22 minutes of vacuum time before the battery goes out. I understand you can buy separate additional battery for it which I will do. 3. This little vacuum literally feels like it is self propelled when you vacuum carpet; not so much on the floor. But it is so lightweight that I truly wasn't even tired after using it. 4. I can now vacuum UNDER BED, under nightstand, under chairs, and even on sides of commode with no problem! And it fits closer to baseboards than any I have ever used. THIS is the main reason I am in love with it, I can vacuum UNDER and close with it! 5. I have used the attachments to dust my furniture and even the ceiling fan. Again, its so lightweight even an older person like me had no trouble lifting the wand to dust. I have all leather furniture so the attachments will probably not be used to dust furniture; but others will find it useful. 6. The suction power is remarkable considering how small it is. I purposely vacuumed an area rug first because it had just been vacuumed by my husband a day or so before with a corded vacuum. I was really surprised by the amount of dust/dirt in the dust cup. 7. The only thing I would improve is of course if battery would last longer (22 minutes) but this can be solved with purchasing another battery. AND the dust cup could be bigger! I think I overfilled it but thankfully this didn't seem to cause any malfunction. 8. I really love it.

Best vacuum

from Oregon

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Efficient
  • Lightweight

Comments about Shark Rocket Self-Propelled Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I absolutely love this vacuum! I have two cats and their hair is hard to keep up with but this vacuum is up for the job! It never lets me down and doesn't weigh a ton so it doesn't tire me out by lugging it around while cleaning up my place!

Perfect Lightweight vaccuum

from Houston, Tx

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Long Power Cord
    • Powerful/Good Suction

• Car

Comments about Shark Rocket Self-Propelled Bagless Upright Vacuum:

Perfect size vacuum for a small home or apartment. Plenty of attachments to cover all types of phones plus it can break down and use it in the car

Perfect Valentine's Day gift

from Lancaster

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy to Use
      • Lightweight
      • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Shark Rocket Self-Propelled Bagless Upright Vacuum:

My wife has back problems and loves to clean. This light weight cordless is perfect. Easy to maneuver. Powerful suction and a good price. Sorry dyson. You have been upstaged

• Personal

I would buy this product again !

from El Monte, CA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
        • Easy to Use
        • Lightweight

Cons

• battery dies fast
        • Get Stuck Constantly
        • Inefficient
        • Unreliable

• Personal

Blown away but the performance of my Shark vacuum

from Pennsylvania

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
        • Easy to Use
        • Efficient
        • Lightweight
        • Long Power Cord
        • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Noisy

Comments about Shark Rocket Self-Propelled Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I am a very meticulous house cleaner and I have tried many types of vacuums over the years. I've always owned 3 at a time to take care of the different areas of the house. I have tile floors, carpet, hardwood and stairs. I would use a different vacuum to clean the different types of floors. I am so pleased with how efficient and easy to use this vacuum is. It's the only vacuum I need to clean all areas of my house. I was shocked at the amount of dirt it picked up the first time I used it considering my carpets were recently shampooed and I'm a meticulous cleaner. My vacuum that I was using was quite expensive and highly rated but left behind a lot of dirt. I've had several neck surgeries i but the lightweight design of the Shark doesn't cause me more discomfort. I don't have any pets so I can't comment on how well it works on pet hair. My granddaughter has just learned to crawl and I'm completely comfortable with her crawling on my floors because my Shark vacuum keeps them spotless.

clean is close to Godlyness

from Old Appleton, MO

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
        • Easy to Use
        • Efficient
        • Lightweight
        • Long Power Cord
        • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Shark Rocket Self-Propelled Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I depend on the shark to clean the church once a week, it has great suction to pick every thing up that gets thru those doors each week. also comes with many attachments to do most of the jobs around there so I can get the dusting up high just attach the attachment, and no need to stand on a ladder. I can clean the benches in no time. The maintenance is real easy just lift off push a button and it open and the dirt all falls in the trash can. Then once a month clean the filter with soap and water let dry put back and ready for next time.

• Business
          • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

good

from h

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
          • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Poor Design

Comments about Shark Rocket Self-Propelled Bagless Upright Vacuum:

good

• Primary use:
          • Business

Excellent Suction!

from palm springs, ca

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
          • Easy to Use
          • Efficient
          • Lightweight
          • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Shark Rocket Self-Propelled Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I have tried many, many vacuums before I purchased this one. I am so pleased with this vacuum. It is easy to get it going right out of the box! It's so light and easy to maneuver under tables, chairs, and places you weren't able to get to before without moving furniture. I have 2 doggies that shed terribly. This vacuum sucks it all up with ease! Yuck. The first time I used it I couldn't believe what my other vacuum was missing. You will be so pleased as I am with this wonderful vacuum. What a blessing

Amazing for pet owners!

from Sugar Land, TX

Versatility

I've only had it for a few weeks, but so far, so good!

• Versatility:

SHARK LEAVES ALL OTHERS IN THE DUST!

Comments about Shark Rocket Self-Propelled Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I have purchased my second shark vacuum cleaner. The first one, which I loved, was given to my mother in law who is 94 years old. She had to stop vacuuming because other vacuums got too heavy for her to push. Not the shark! It is easy to use, easy to push, it gets under stuff, it goes over stuff, works high up or down low to the floor. It has excellent suction, moves as easy as slicing butter with a hot knife! You will be amazed at how much stuff ends up in the dirt receptor even if you vacuum everyday! My latest purchase was of the Rocket! I purchased all the attachments and there are many. Some I have never seen related to a vacuum like the attachment that looks like a dust mop and attaches to the vacuum. I loved to use it to clean my dirty ceiling fans. There is also an under the appliance(s) wand that allows cleaning under the frig or stove. The places that are cleaned a few times a year but really need cleaned daily or weekly for best performance. My vacuum has a 5 year warranty. We are hard on vacuums, In five years, I usually purchase two new vacuums. No more-I will still be using my Rocket!

Maneuverability
            You can move the vacuum with your fingers. It self propels forward, with excellent suction, cleaning all in its path. Very little effort is required to use the Rocket.

Ease of Maintenance
            The filters need to be washed with soap and water periodically. It depends on how much it is used. I would recommend cleaning at least once a month. All you have to do is remove two small filters, run under the water until there is no dirty water, allow to air dry and return to the vacuum compartment. It is very easy to maintain.

Suction Performance
            I have NEVER used a vacuum that even comes close to the amount of suction a Shark has. Most of the time I only move the vacuum forward and back and move on the the next area as the Shark almost always picks up whatever is on the floor or carpet during the first pass. It is very quiet unlike most vacuums. People remark that the Shark is just a Dyson with a different name. As far as I am concerned, there is no comparison-the Dyson is expensive and does not perform as well. I will take a Shark anyday!

Versatility
            The attachments are amazing, most Shark models have multiple purposes and can be taken apart and carried around for different kinds of cleaning.

The Shark Rocket does not look like any vacuum I have owed before. I find it less bulky, easier to use, easier to store and have I mentioned the suction power Shark has?

So far my vacuums have held up well. I was concerned about so much plastic but noticed most are plastic. The warranty sold me-five years is a long time for a vacuum and I am confident it will have decent suction the entire time.