3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Best Iron We've Ever Had!

My husband and I iron...a LOT! Every day the iron is up and used at least twice. Before purchasing the Shark iron we went through several other irons quite quickly. We love the Shark iron. It heats up fast and irons smooth. It gets a four star rating only because the steam feature isn't very consistent. Sometimes it's awesome and other times it leaks and we end up with really wet clothes. You also have to be a little bit careful about ironing over seams. This iron gets really hot, even when you have it on the correct setting. It's melting a few seam stitches on our clothes. All that said, it's still the best iron we've ever had. It has an automatic shut-off so we don't have to worry too much if we accidentally leave it plugged in.

Shark Iron G1568

I purchased the Shark Iron G 1568 about 3-4 months ago thinking it would be the best iron I could buy for my home. Last week it developed an electrical problem where the power flickers on the iron and it won't stay on long enough to heat up. We haven't dropped it or mistreated it in any way. The controls are very confusing.

Good for every day use

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about Shark Professional Electronic Iron -:

The iron itself is pretty heavy. It's not too bulky though that it gets in the way of use. It is overall pretty easy to handle and comes with multiple settings for different fabrics. I only wish the cord was retractable.

This iron is hit or miss for me. Half of the time it does a good job and the other half of the time I am left wondering why I even bothered. The biggest item of clothing I struggle with getting wrinkles out of is my husband's work shirts. I am not a wrinkle freak and expect it to be perfect, but if I'm putting an hour of my time in to doing this I expect good results. When using this iron I often have to go over areas several times until I am satisfied that I got most of the wrinkles out. I then hang the shirt up and move on to the next one. When I go to put all the shirts away I suddenly see multiple wrinkles on areas that I concentrated extra on. I have similar problems with dress pants. It leaves me wondering what I spent all that time on if I am just left with wrinkles anyway. It's a bit frustrating and definitely makes me feel like time not well spent.

When it comes to t-shirts and jeans this is a great iron. It's not strong enough to iron two sides at once, but it does a good job and is pretty quick to use all considering.

This isn't professional grade, but it's good for the home and every day use. I would not spend too much money on it though. I acquired mine when a friend moved out of the country. It was a definite upgrade to what I was using, but I would not spend a ton of money on this because I think you can get similar quality for less money.

• Safety:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Shark Professional Electronic Iron -:

We iron alot! While this iron is great for steaming & has great weight, and is easy to fill, it is TOO easy to change temperatures inadvertantly while ironing...getting too hot by accident is not a good thing ! The temperature control is on top of the handle, and has been bumped up several times while just using it, resulting sticking to the fabric and getting a black unremovable mark on the soleplate. Not realizing it was too hot, and then ironing a light colored shirt has bresulted in black marks along seam lines near collar or cuffs. It is not cool to have to watch the temperature control while you are busy trying to get through a lot of ironing 'just in case' it changes temps! it doesn't happen every time, which is frustrating as well. We will be shopping for a new iron and three new shirts ASAP!

Great Iron!

Comments about Shark Professional Electronic Iron -:

My husband is a police officer so I iron a lot. Daily. I have been through many irons and this Shark Professional Iron is in my top 3. This Iron produces a lot of steam which is key for ironing to me. It was given as a gift to us so I don't know how much money I would spend on it since I have other less fancy irons in my top 3 as well. I will say that this iron will get hot. So hot that if you are ironing polyester some of it will transfer to your iron. It didn't harm the garment but it did need a cleaning afterwards....and to be turned down to a lesser heat setting :) My only other complaint with this iron is that build up will accumulate in the holes but I've never had an iron that didn't have that happen. Overall its one of my favorites!

• Safety:

Quality Iron for a variety of materials

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Shark Professional Electronic Iron -:

I'll be honest, I don't like to iron! I do, however love my Shark! It is a very nice design and one of the best features is it has a really long cord. This makes it easier to manuver across the whole ironing board. It has settings for Nylon, wool/silk, linen/cotton, and Max for a steady steam. I found it did a very good job when used on the right setting for each material. I am very happy with this purchase.

• Safety:

Shark Iron. An unfortunate disappointment.

Comments about Shark Professional Electronic Iron -:

I purchased my first Shark Iron last year and was blown away by the heat and steam the iron produced reducing the wrinkles instantly; However within a couple of months there was a shortage in the plug which would cause the iron to turn off and on while in the middle of ironing. I thought maybe one of my children must have dropped the iron without my knowledge and went and bought another iron, only to have the same set of events occur. If the electrical problems can be fixed, then my review would change from poor to very good.

Electrical issues.

Great iron!

from Head Waters, VA

Comments about Shark Professional Electronic Iron -:

We have used this Shark a lot! It holds up for the ironing and gives great results. We like how it is heavier than normal irons to put some more weight on our clothes when ironing. It heats up fast. Downside is that some times the water leaks out. I have to replug it in and then it gets back to doing its job!

It works very well!

Safety
It is safe and turns off after a certain amount of time. But unplug it just in case you are leaving!

I have not needed to clean it, it works fine!

Very easy to use, not hard!

It is durable and works for lots of clothes to be ironed

Designed well and love the look of it!

Great Iron with Powerful Features

Comments about Shark Professional Electronic Iron -:

The Shark Professional iron has been a great purchase for our family. My husband and I both own a lot of delicate clothing that requires ironing. We have owned this iron for over 4 years and have used it on a weekly basis. It heats up quickly, irons wonderfully and has a great steam feature! I love that the cord is nice and long too.

Safety
Has a smart feature that shuts the iron off if it hasn't been used in a certain amount of time.

Heats up and eliminates wrinkles quickly every time.

We've had ours for over 4 years.

• Safety:

Good iron, but not professional grade by any means

Comments about Shark Professional Electronic Iron -:

The idea that this is a professional grade iron is laughable. It gets hot, but not quite hot enough to take out wrinkles without the steam option. I do quite a lot of ironing of my husband's clothes. One bad thing about this iron is the auto shut off feature. Mine shuts off after four minutes, even when in use. For this reason, it's difficult to keep heat in this model.

It gets hot, but not THAT hot. There is adequate steam produced, though.

Safety
The auto shut-off feature can be a bit irritating but it is for safety sake.

The hot plate is easy to wipe down with water. There are no weird grooves or anything that would make it challenging to clean.

Letting it heat up is no problem, but keeping it hot is an issue.

It is not very heavy but quite durable.

The door over the area where you pour water in is irritating. It also auto shuts off even when you are using it.

Excellent!

from Cookeville, TN

Comments about Shark Professional Electronic Iron -:

I honestly didn't expect great things from this iron because I have had a Rowenta that is VERY expensive in the past, so at this price, I had fairly low expectations. I have to tell you that the steam on this iron was AMAZING!!! It took the wrinkles right out of a new pair of curtains! I am HIGHLY impressed!

Great Iron

Comments about Shark Professional Electronic Iron -:

Overall this is a wonderful Steam Iron that will get the job done for years to come.

Gets every wrinkle out of all my clothing. The steam feature is great.

Safety
Iron shuts off after 30 seconds of not being used.

Has a self clean feature that because of my hard water is a blessing.

Very easy to use. Just a tad bit heavy.

Its a heavy well built Iron that I have now had for 2 years and it's still working like new.

Design is good. Again the only issue would be the weight.