Other Vacuums:
Bagless Upright Vacuums
Shark
UV420
Shark Navigator Professional Upright Vacuum

Summary

Easy to maneuver, the navigator rides on smooth glide rubber wheels for effortless vacuuming around furniture. Its swivel steering makes moving around furniture and from room to room a breeze. The shark navigator traps dust and dirt so the navigator never loses suction and cleans the last room as well as the first. A 30-feet power cord lets you clean multiple rooms from a single outlet. The navigator power nozzle makes quick work of pet hair on carpets. The 16-inch crevice tool reaches hair in tight spaces. The navigator is ideal for bare floor cleaning; the electronic brush roll shutoff stops the brush roll for superior bare floor cleanup. The super stretch hose gives you a long cleaning reach and the large bagless dust cup means there are no bags to replace. This small-medium sized vacuum has amazing suction - even more suction than previous Shark models. Air-flow is not lost, even with amazing hose length. With the 16" extension wand, 16" crevice tool and 30' cord, it is possible to clean a space almost 40 feet from the plugin!

Shark Navigator Professional Upright Vacuum

Pros

Cons

Best vacuum I've ever owned

I love every single thing about this vacuum cleaner! I've had to buy a new vacuum every year for the past five years because they all keep going out on me. Each one gets to the point, after only a few months of use, where they lose suction and start blowing dirt everywhere. I think I may have finally found a keeper with the Shark Navigator Professional! As a multiple pet owner, and the mother of two children, this is a godsend!

Maneuverability
This thing gets everywhere. The Shark Navigator Professional has a swivel head on it so it's super easy to turn. The head is also low enough to the ground that I can easily maneuver under my end tables, piano, dining room furniture, the edge of my kitchen cabinets, beds, even under the front of my fridge. The swivel head makes it super simple to get around corners, while staying up against the wall. This vacuum is also self propelled. That aspect weirded me out a little at first because I've never owned a self propelled before, but after I started using it I realized that it's so much easier to push.

Ease of Maintenance
Click a button and pop off what you need to clean. It's that easy! Just about every part comes off for easy cleaning. The filter is wonderful, you just pull it out, dust it off, and wash it every three months. No need to EVER replace a filter! Even the hose pops right off so you can clean it out or wash it. Everything is so simple to use.

Suction Performance
This little guy picks up EVERYTHING. The very first use amazed me. I had already gone over my living room carpet with my old vacuum, (which was worthless but I didn't know how worthless until I got the Shark), but when I ran the Shark over the same carpet I was grossed out by all the dirt and pet hair that was still left in my carpet. It sucked up everything! I put on the hardfloor attachment and used it on my tiled floor where I keep my dogs beds and the kitty litter box. It sucked up every single piece of kitty litter and pet hair on the floor, even the stuff that was in the cracks. I used it in my kitchen after that with the same attachment and it got all the little pieces of yuck that was on that floor. It even found a couple of pieces of cereal under the edge of my cabinets. SHHWWOOOOMMPPP!!! Everything sucked up!

Versatility
At first it doesn't look like there are many attachments, but surprisingly there are. There is a crevice tool, an attachment with a pad that you snap on to use on hard wood/tile/linoleum, and a little brush that can be used on furniture. The whole thing separates from the bottom so you can use it like a handheld and take it anywhere.

I'm so used to cheap vacuums that this thing looks like it's from a sci-fi movie. LOL I love it. It's designed so it's easy to use and clean. The whole thing put together weighs about 18 pounds.

I have a good feeling that this vacuum will last a long, long time. I've already used it in every single room of my house and haven't had an issue with it yet. There are even little snags in my carpet (rent house) that other vacuums would get caught on and bog down, not this one! Nothing I have vacuumed up has slowed this baby down.

I had to return this to the store despite the excellent suction

I bought this because it was supposed to be good for pet hair and it has so many options/attachments. However, I was totally disappointed in the fact I had to bend over to use the hard floor attachment or the hose. It was not a comfortable vacuum and totally not worth the money considering I had to bend over (I'm 5'7) and hurt my back to use it. If you are around 5' it would be easy to use the hose but then the vacuum upright may be too tall.

Great product for a reasonable price!

from Centralia, IL

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Occasional clogs

• Carpet
  • Pet Hair
  • Tile Floors

Comments about Shark Navigator Professional Upright Vacuum:

I have used several vacuums, including many shark vacuums, and this is my favorite one yet! We have an Australian Shepard, a long haired cat, a preteen, and a toddler so we are definitely not strangers to messes and have worn out our fair share of vacuums. This one is still going strong after almost two years! It amazes me how much pet hair (and long blonde hair from myself and the girls) that this vacuum can pick up! I vacuum daily and you would never know that we have some serious shedding going on inside our house. I love that the attachment easily connects and that it has a light at the end of the longest attachment that is perfect for vacuuming in couch creases. My only complaint would be that is very occasionally clog when it picks up a stray Bobbi pin but I think that may be completely unavoidable in a house full of girls! The price is definitely amazing (and reasonable) for the efficiency of the vacuum! If this one wears out I would definitely buy another!

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Well crafted vacuum!

Comments about Shark Navigator Professional Upright Vacuum:

I did not want to spend a lot of money on a Dyson, yet I wanted the suction and cleaning power of one. I found this in the Shark. First and foremost, I can not believe the amount of dirt and dust that this vacuum picks up - it is amazing. I think what I have been missing with my other vacuum that failed to pick up half of what this vacuum does. I also love the convenience of being bagless. It is easy to just detach the canister and empty the dirt directly into the garbage. In addition, I noticed with the bags, that there was always dust being blown around with the bag, instead of being kept in the vacuum. This does not happen with this one. And I do not have to spend money on bags. The attachments are so convenient and allow me to get in places that I never were able to in the past. I can vacuum underneath couches, behind them, the ceiling and drapes, anywhere dust would collect. I would highly recommend this vacuum!

• Versatility:

Shark professional with hard floor attachement

Comments about Shark Navigator Professional Upright Vacuum:

I am so impressed at how easy this vacuum is to use! I have used inexpensive vacuums for years thinking they did a great job. Now that I have switched I cannot believe how much better this works. I absolutely love the floor attachment with the washable microfiber pad. It is super easy to switch to and cleaned my kitchen and dining room floors so much better. I was starting to see a few ant in the house last weekend and after using the vacuum I think they have given up looking for crumbs!

Maneuverability
The vacuum easily fits around my furniture and tables.

Ease of Maintenance
The filters are easy to clean and the canister is easy to empty.

Suction Performance
I was very impressed at how much small dirt was pulled up after using my old vacuum first and then following with the shark.

Versatility
I have the shark professional with the floor cleaning attachment. I may never sweep again! My floors are so clean.

I would prefer it to be a little lighter and to fit under my couch better, but it is super easy to take apart and switch

I have only had it for a week so I can't rate this super fairly, but it seems very durable to me.

Best vacuum I've ever owned

• Versatility:

Strong vacuum with great suction.

Comments about Shark Navigator Professional Upright Vacuum:

I purchased this vacuum after my Dyson DC17 broke after about five years of use. I researched many vacuums and decided that this was the best option to meet my needs. I have three indoor cats and lots of cat hair that needs strong suction and this vacuum is perfect. The price is very reasonable and the features of the machine are great. The canister is very easy to empty and the hose attachments work very well. The only downfalls about this vacuum are that the cord is a bit shorter than what I had with the dyson, and the vacuum is pretty difficult on a high pile shag carpet because the suction is so strong. I am very happy with the vacuum and would gladly purchase a shark vacuum in the future.

Maneuverability
This vacuum has such strong suction that it is a bit difficult to push on high pile shag carpet.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to empty the canister and clean the filter.

Suction Performance
The suction of this vacuum is way stronger than what I had with my previous dyson.

Versatility
It works pretty well on hard floors and the hose attachments are great for cleaning vents and fans.

Very sleek and shiny.

I have been using this vacuum for about a year and have had no problems. The suction is just as great as the day that I purchased it!

great vacuum

Comments about Shark Navigator Professional Upright Vacuum:

We have six kids so something that would work was a must. This vacuum lifted stuff out of our carpet that was nasty! The only issue we have with it is that I have to clean the filters often but considering I use it at least three times a day I can't really complain about that. Suction is great on this vacuum!

Handle is stiff

Compare to Dyson!

Comments about Shark Navigator Professional Upright Vacuum:

This is an amazing vacuum that I feel compares with the dyson. It maneuvers very easily, especially under some furniture. EX: tables & under beds. It comes apart in so many areas it is almost impossible for this vacuum to get clogged. This also makes for easy cleaning of the vacuum itself. It is not too heavy to take on the stairs and the included attachments make it easy to clean the stairs. I love that the stair cleaning attachment can be rotated to easily clean the bottom and backside of carpeted stairs. I have 4 cats and this vacuum sucks up the cat hair like you wouldn't believe. I feel like after every vacuum I could make a new cat with all the hair!

Maneuverability
glides and swivels easily!

Ease of Maintenance
comes apart in various areas for easy cleaning of the vacuum itself. the filters are easily washed in the sink.

Suction Performance
Unbelievable how much this vacuum picks up. Even when the canister is almost full it doesn't lose suction.

Very slender design, can be stored easily yet the canister holds alot.

Amazing portability

Comments about Shark Navigator Professional Upright Vacuum:

This vacuum is very light weight. It has attachments on base of vacuum making them readily available! No bags required due to the remove able dumping canister. All filters are washable so there is never a need to buy new ones. It also came with additional filters so you can continue using vacuum while other set of filters are drying.

• Versatility:

Great suction and easy to use!

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Shark Navigator Professional Upright Vacuum:

The Shark Navigator has great suction and picks up a lot of dust and dirt. It's easy to move around furniture and quickly vacuums stairs.

Maneuverability
It swivels very easily and you can easily move around furniture. It does not move under furniture such as coffee tables or beds very easily. However, it does have attachments that can be used to get to those spaces.

Ease of Maintenance
All the dirt collects in the canister which is easy to remove and dump. The filter can be washed once a month or so and that's about all the maintenance I've had to do.

Suction Performance
It has amazing suction power. With my old vacuum I had to run over things that I could see several times. The Shark Navigator picks it up immediately and you can see in the canister all the dust and dirt that it picks up.

Versatility
The Shark Navigator has several attachments that work for any area needing to be vacuumed. You simply disconnect the hose from the main body and add the attachment to the hose. I love that you can choose to have a short hose or a long hose depending on what area you need to clean.

It's designed to be easy to use. My only dislike about the design is that it seems top-heavy and it can be knocked over very easily.

I've had the Shark Navigator for less than a year, but I think for the price you pay, it seems very durable as long as it is maintained well.

I had to return this to the store despite the excellent suction