Other Vacuums:
Shark
NV352
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum

Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum

Pros

• Easy to empty (5)
  • Easy to use (5)
  • Efficient (5)
  • Lightweight (5)
  • Long power cord (5)

• Carpet (5)
  • Pet hair (5)
  • Tile floors (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (3)
    • Personal (5)

Best Vacuum Ever

I am definitely what you would call a clean freak. Especially when it comes to my floors. I am constantly sweeping and vacuuming. I've had another brand of vacuum for over 10 years and it has served me well. I still love it, but after that amount of time, I felt it was time to get a new one. I did my research and read the reviews. I already had the Shark Steam Mop and love it. I decided to order the Shark Navigator Lift Away. As soon as I got it, I put it together (so easy) and started using it. This thing is amazing. You won't believe what it picks up. It has a see through dust cup to allow you to see what was in your carpet. I THOUGHT my carpets were fairly clean, but after seeing what was sucked up...... This does include several tools and the tank lifts off making it easy to carry it while vacuuming stairs. Definitely worth the money.

Ease of Maintenance
This thing picks up so much that you have to empty the canister often, but in my opinion, that's a good thing.

Suction Performance
PIcks up so much more than I would like to think is on my floor.

We are going on one year now and have had no issues.

Euro-Pro Shark Navigator is NOT good for pet owners!

I bought this Euro-pro Shark Navigator in October 2009 because it was advertised as good at picking up pet hair and had excellent ratings both here and on other rated websites like Amazon. Unfortunately, either I got a dud or the good ratings came from people who did not own pets. I have hairless dogs and a hairless cat, but they do need occasional grooming and lose a few strands now and then as we all do. Along with my long hair and a few errant carpet strands, this vacuum cleaner let each and every strand of hair wrap tightly around the brush roller. While that has been a problem in the past with other sweepers, all others I've had allowed easy release of the brush roller to remove the hair. This item does not have any way to remove the brush roller so it stopped picking up anything. So after a little over a year of use, out in the trash it went.

I can say that otherwise, it was easy to release the dirt into the trash with little or no mess, and it has a nice, long cord. It's lightweight and does a good job on bare floors. But it is not a good choice with carpets and pets.

I finally threw it out.

I love my Shark Navigator Lift Away

from Ashtabula, Ohio

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Doesn't stop due to hair tangling around it
  • Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Very quiet

Cons

• Have to empty canister often

• Furniture
  • Stairs

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

I saw people talking on media about the Shark vacuum and I had to contact them personally and ask questions because I was in disbelief. I was assured it really was wonderful. My son bought me the Navigator Lift Away and I adore it. We have a long haired German Shepherd mix who sheds twice a year and she lays on the couch. It picks up beautifully, and the attachments are awesome, totally cleans the couch. My only complaint is I have to empty the canister often but that's why it's so light and easy to use and maneuver. I would love to try a newer model out, but for now I am delighted with mine.

I love this vacuum!

from Oregon

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

I have had this vacuum for about 3 years, and I have never had any problems with it. Lightweight enough that my 8 year old can use it. I love the lift away feature, it works wonderful for stairs. Easy push button empty option. I would purchase from this brand again.

Best Vacuum Ever!

from Layton Utah

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Long Power Cord
    • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Hoses are easily cracked.

• Carpet
    • Comes apart for easy use
    • Hardwood Floors
    • Stairs

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

I've used this vacuum for personal use and within a business. Absolutely love this vacuum!

Just ok

from Maryland

About Me Busy household, Pet Owner

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
    • Long Run Time

Cons

• Short handle

• Carpeted Rooms

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

Its a small & short vacuum the button to release the pole attachment is low and you have to bend over alot to use it to get into corners and under things & for someone who has a bad back and cleans for a living this is definitely not the vacuum you want!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

best vacuum ever!

from Tucson, Arizona... land of dirt and dust

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Long Power Cord
    • Powerful/Good Suction

• Hardwood Floors

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

I used my Shark for probably 6 years or more. When a tiny spring broke and was irreparable, Shark sent me a new vacuum! When my new puppy chewed through the power cord, they sent me a brand new vacuum. Customer service here is the best I've ever experienced. I own many other Shark products and I endorse every single one of them. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats and this vacuum performs like no other. I am very happy with my vacuum, my steam mop and my Ninja and I will endorse this company's products and their superb customer service to anyone and everyone. If you've had problems with pet hair as I've read some of the reviews get in touch with Shark they will make it right. No one has more pet hair than I do! This vacuum exceeds my expectations and Shark has the best customer service in the business

Love my shark!

from Burlington, WA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
      • Easy to Use
      • Efficient
      • Lightweight
      • Long Power Cord
      • Powerful/Good Suction

• Laminate floors

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

I used to loath vacuuming but now I almost look forward to it. We've owned this vacuum for a year now and that is the only reason I gave it four stars and not five. If it is still going strong in five years, maybe I will remember to come back and upgrade it to five stars.
        The suction is amazing. When we first got this vacuum we used our old vacuum first on a section of carpet about 10x10, then used the shark. It picked up about two more cups of dirt! I was sold right there.
        We have two dogs,a cat and a toddler, this vacuum can handle it all. My favorite feature is that you can turn off the brush for hard floors. So it doesn't spit dirt out the back at your feet. The design of the hose and attachments is also genius. The narrower end of the tubes goes towards the vacuum so everything gets funneled down and there are no ridges blocking the flow of dirt. (Hopefully that makes sense) In a year of regular use, I vacuum every other day, I have never had to clear a clog from the hose, tube, or attachments.
        The lift away function is nice and I'm sure it would be good for stairs, but I don't have any. I would probably just lift the whole vacuum anyway as it is pretty light.
        The only negatives I can find about this vacuum is there is no light, not a big deal for me. There is also no spot for the extension wand to click into the vacuum. We attached it with two rubber bands. This is a little annoying because it takes longer to get it on and off and sometimes it moves and blocks the on/off switch. I don't believe any vacuum, or any other product for that matter,is going to be perfect in every way so I can live with these two little things. I would definitely buy this vacuum again and recommend it to anyone looking to buy a new vacuum.

mediocre at best

from El Granada, CA

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

This vacuum is very easy to move around and that is the only good thing I can say about this vacuum. The suction from this vac is very weak. It;s weak because of the design. All other vacs I have owned had the main suction in the center of the vac; this one has the suction hose on the right had side, so by the time you get to the middle, the suction is weak, and by the time to get to the left had side, the suction is almost gone. Bad design.
        Second the hose is held in place very weakly. If you find the vac is doing almost nothing, check that your hose is still in place. It comes loose all the time.
        Walk behind this vac in your bare feet or in shorts, and feel all of the debris that gets thrown out of the back of the machine. You get pelted with that debris, which isn't going into the vac obviously.
        I find I have to go over the same piece of floor over and over again to get the debris picked up whereas my old vac could do it on one sweep.

Love it

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

I've had this vacuum for two plus months now and I really like it. I have two dogs that shed and I vacuum their area at least once a day and you can see the amount of fur it gets picked up after I'm done vacuuming.

Light and easy to move

Ease of Maintenance
        Just need to wash the canister on a weekly basis because it sucks up so much dirt and so it doesn't stink.

Love it.

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

I bought this shark vacuum about a month ago, and I absolutely love it. Since I have long hair, a dog, and a cat, I definitely needed something that pick up all that hair without breaking. Once I first vacuumed the floor, I couldn't believe how much hair it picked up versus the previous vacuum. I vacuumed again, and was amazed at how much hair I couldn't see which was in my carpets. This vacuum has awesome suction control, and I love the pieces which come attached, so you can vacuum along the floor boards as well. I also love this vacuum because it is so lightweight that anyone can vacuum the floor without the excuse of it being too heavy.

Maneuverability
        The design of this vacuum makes it so easy to go around corners and under tables.

Suction Performance
        The suction performance of this vacuum is great. In comparing this vacuum with my mother's Dyson, I would say the suction performance of this vacuum is much better. This vacuum picks up dirt and hair that is not visible.

I absolutely love how the canister lifts away from the actual vacuum, so you can use it without having to haul the whole vacuum to the area you are going.

Great for pet owners

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

This Shark vacuum is by far the best vacuum cleaner I've ever owned. I have 7 pets (3 dogs, 2 cats and 2 rabbits) and none of my other vacuum cleaners could adequately clean up the pet messes in our home. Between pet hair, cat litter and the things that the dogs track in from outside our vacuum cleaner has its work cut out for it. In the past year two other brands of vacuum cleaners have died at our house so we finally got a Shark and we love it. I would definitely recommend this vacuum to other pet owners.

Maneuverability
        This Shark vacuum is lightweight which makes it easy to maneuver and lift as necessary.

Ease of Maintenance
        This vacuum is easy and quick to clean and empty.

Suction Performance
        The suction performance of this vacuum is great! It picks up pet hair with no problems and leaves carpet clean.

The vacuum itself is a purple color so it's not the most manly vacuum but as a woman I think it looks nice.

I've only had my shark for about a month but I've used it several times since I got it and it is holding up well.