Other Vacuums:
NV352
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum

Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum

Best Vacuum Ever

I am definitely what you would call a clean freak. Especially when it comes to my floors. I am constantly sweeping and vacuuming. I've had another brand of vacuum for over 10 years and it has served me well. I still love it, but after that amount of time, I felt it was time to get a new one. I did my research and read the reviews. I already had the Shark Steam Mop and love it. I decided to order the Shark Navigator Lift Away. As soon as I got it, I put it together (so easy) and started using it. This thing is amazing. You won't believe what it picks up. It has a see through dust cup to allow you to see what was in your carpet. I THOUGHT my carpets were fairly clean, but after seeing what was sucked up...... This does include several tools and the tank lifts off making it easy to carry it while vacuuming stairs. Definitely worth the money.

Ease of Maintenance
This thing picks up so much that you have to empty the canister often, but in my opinion, that's a good thing.

Suction Performance
PIcks up so much more than I would like to think is on my floor.

We are going on one year now and have had no issues.

Euro-Pro Shark Navigator is NOT good for pet owners!

I bought this Euro-pro Shark Navigator in October 2009 because it was advertised as good at picking up pet hair and had excellent ratings both here and on other rated websites like Amazon. Unfortunately, either I got a dud or the good ratings came from people who did not own pets. I have hairless dogs and a hairless cat, but they do need occasional grooming and lose a few strands now and then as we all do. Along with my long hair and a few errant carpet strands, this vacuum cleaner let each and every strand of hair wrap tightly around the brush roller. While that has been a problem in the past with other sweepers, all others I've had allowed easy release of the brush roller to remove the hair. This item does not have any way to remove the brush roller so it stopped picking up anything. So after a little over a year of use, out in the trash it went.

I can say that otherwise, it was easy to release the dirt into the trash with little or no mess, and it has a nice, long cord. It's lightweight and does a good job on bare floors. But it is not a good choice with carpets and pets.

I finally threw it out.

best vacuum ever!

from Tucson, Arizona... land of dirt and dust

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

• Carpet
    • Hardwood Floors
    • Pet Hair
    • Tile Floors

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

I used my Shark for probably 6 years or more. When a tiny spring broke and was irreparable, Shark sent me a new vacuum! When my new puppy chewed through the power cord, they sent me a brand new vacuum. Customer service here is the best I've ever experienced. I own many other Shark products and I endorse every single one of them. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats and this vacuum performs like no other. I am very happy with my vacuum, my steam mop and my Ninja and I will endorse this company's products and their superb customer service to anyone and everyone. If you've had problems with pet hair as I've read some of the reviews get in touch with Shark they will make it right. No one has more pet hair than I do! This vacuum exceeds my expectations and Shark has the best customer service in the business

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Love my shark!

from Burlington, WA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Long Power Cord
    • Powerful/Good Suction

• Carpet
      • Laminate floors
      • Pet Hair
      • Tile Floors

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

I used to loath vacuuming but now I almost look forward to it. We've owned this vacuum for a year now and that is the only reason I gave it four stars and not five. If it is still going strong in five years, maybe I will remember to come back and upgrade it to five stars.
      The suction is amazing. When we first got this vacuum we used our old vacuum first on a section of carpet about 10x10, then used the shark. It picked up about two more cups of dirt! I was sold right there.
      We have two dogs,a cat and a toddler, this vacuum can handle it all. My favorite feature is that you can turn off the brush for hard floors. So it doesn't spit dirt out the back at your feet. The design of the hose and attachments is also genius. The narrower end of the tubes goes towards the vacuum so everything gets funneled down and there are no ridges blocking the flow of dirt. (Hopefully that makes sense) In a year of regular use, I vacuum every other day, I have never had to clear a clog from the hose, tube, or attachments.
      The lift away function is nice and I'm sure it would be good for stairs, but I don't have any. I would probably just lift the whole vacuum anyway as it is pretty light.
      The only negatives I can find about this vacuum is there is no light, not a big deal for me. There is also no spot for the extension wand to click into the vacuum. We attached it with two rubber bands. This is a little annoying because it takes longer to get it on and off and sometimes it moves and blocks the on/off switch. I don't believe any vacuum, or any other product for that matter,is going to be perfect in every way so I can live with these two little things. I would definitely buy this vacuum again and recommend it to anyone looking to buy a new vacuum.

• Primary use:
      • Personal

mediocre at best

from El Granada, CA

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

This vacuum is very easy to move around and that is the only good thing I can say about this vacuum. The suction from this vac is very weak. It;s weak because of the design. All other vacs I have owned had the main suction in the center of the vac; this one has the suction hose on the right had side, so by the time you get to the middle, the suction is weak, and by the time to get to the left had side, the suction is almost gone. Bad design.
      Second the hose is held in place very weakly. If you find the vac is doing almost nothing, check that your hose is still in place. It comes loose all the time.
      Walk behind this vac in your bare feet or in shorts, and feel all of the debris that gets thrown out of the back of the machine. You get pelted with that debris, which isn't going into the vac obviously.
      I find I have to go over the same piece of floor over and over again to get the debris picked up whereas my old vac could do it on one sweep.

Love it

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

I've had this vacuum for two plus months now and I really like it. I have two dogs that shed and I vacuum their area at least once a day and you can see the amount of fur it gets picked up after I'm done vacuuming.

Light and easy to move

Ease of Maintenance
      Just need to wash the canister on a weekly basis because it sucks up so much dirt and so it doesn't stink.

Love it.

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

I bought this shark vacuum about a month ago, and I absolutely love it. Since I have long hair, a dog, and a cat, I definitely needed something that pick up all that hair without breaking. Once I first vacuumed the floor, I couldn't believe how much hair it picked up versus the previous vacuum. I vacuumed again, and was amazed at how much hair I couldn't see which was in my carpets. This vacuum has awesome suction control, and I love the pieces which come attached, so you can vacuum along the floor boards as well. I also love this vacuum because it is so lightweight that anyone can vacuum the floor without the excuse of it being too heavy.

Maneuverability
      The design of this vacuum makes it so easy to go around corners and under tables.

Suction Performance
      The suction performance of this vacuum is great. In comparing this vacuum with my mother's Dyson, I would say the suction performance of this vacuum is much better. This vacuum picks up dirt and hair that is not visible.

I absolutely love how the canister lifts away from the actual vacuum, so you can use it without having to haul the whole vacuum to the area you are going.

Great for pet owners

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

This Shark vacuum is by far the best vacuum cleaner I've ever owned. I have 7 pets (3 dogs, 2 cats and 2 rabbits) and none of my other vacuum cleaners could adequately clean up the pet messes in our home. Between pet hair, cat litter and the things that the dogs track in from outside our vacuum cleaner has its work cut out for it. In the past year two other brands of vacuum cleaners have died at our house so we finally got a Shark and we love it. I would definitely recommend this vacuum to other pet owners.

Maneuverability
      This Shark vacuum is lightweight which makes it easy to maneuver and lift as necessary.

Ease of Maintenance
      This vacuum is easy and quick to clean and empty.

Suction Performance
      The suction performance of this vacuum is great! It picks up pet hair with no problems and leaves carpet clean.

The vacuum itself is a purple color so it's not the most manly vacuum but as a woman I think it looks nice.

I've only had my shark for about a month but I've used it several times since I got it and it is holding up well.

Couldnt be better

from Bensalem, PA

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

Let's start by pointing out that this vacuum is just a fraction of the cost of some others even though other vacuums couldn't possibly function better. First, the suction on this vacuum is unbeatable. The only trouble ive had is on a shag throw rug but just because it moves. It has two settings: one for the carpet and the second for hard surfaces. There are great attachments to meet all of your cleaning needs. However I did not give the design a full score because some of the attachments get knocked off frequently when not in use. The upkeep and maintenance is easy: just wash the two filters in the sink. Also, it is durable. My dog constantly attacks the vacuum, but it has not impact on it at all. Great product... couldn't ask for a better product

• Versatility:

Easy to put together and easy to use!

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

I put this together in about 3 minutes. It was so easy to use and dumping it out was as simple as pushing a button. It's fun to use and I didn't even have to push! It basically pulls you along while you vacuum! I have two long-haired cats in my house and it picked up their hair without any problems! I'm gonna love using this!

Ease of Maintenance
      You dump the dirt/pet hair out with the touch of a button. It says you have to clean the filter periodically by washing it. Seems easy enough!

Suction Performance
      It picked up the cat hair in the floor effortlessly! I can't wait to try the tools on my furniture.

Shark Lift away nv352

from Tempe, AZ

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

With my Oreck I can get under more things than the shark. The Oreck is not quite as heavy.

Maneuverability
      the head does pivot well, although it could be bigger for larger rooms.

Ease of Maintenance
      Hard to clean out-stuff get stucks around the parts of the canister. Do not like the dust that blows from the canister when you empty it. Can tell will be replacing the sponge filter a lot - getting ready to buy a new one-15.00 every three months 10 for the filter 5 for shipping. you can rinse sponge but it does not come clean.

Suction Performance
      Suction so far very good. when the filter gets dirty it does bog it down.

Versatility
      Have a little trouble trying to convert from carpet to hand vacuum. Undo the hose is a little tricky.

Design is kind of ordinary. would like the accessory to hold the tools in place.

It seems to be holding up to the task we put it through. Only been using it for 3 months. I do worry a little about the canister - we shall see. The area seems to be weakening where the clips are and the way it seals.

All-time Favorite Vac

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum:

I bought my Shark Navigator Lift-Away about five weeks ago and absolutely love it. The reason I bought it is because it is so lightweight. I didn't know when I bought it that it would turn out to be such a terrific vacuum. I have a lower level in my home, and have always had to lug a vacuum up and down to vacuum the carpeted stairway. It was a killer on my back. The lift-away feature on my Shark is the perfect solution for that job. I just lift off the lightweight canister and carry it with me on the stairs - I'm done in a few minutes. Also, with the canister lifted off, it is easy to reach dust that collects in corners near the ceiling. This is something my other vacuums couldn't do.The suction is great. I have a cat and hair is picked up easily. There is no need to go over a surface repeatedly. Another feature I really like is that the vacuum lays pretty flat when I sweep under chairs and under beds. I don't have to move them to get all the way under them. All in all, this little Shark is the best vacuum I've ever had.

Maneuverability
      Easy to get under and around objects.

Ease of Maintenance
      Simple to maintain. The bagless feature is great.

Super suction.

Versatility
      Great versatility - good for all surfaces and a varity of vacuuming chores.

Great design. Lightweight. Comfortable and easy to use.

No issues with durability so far.