4.8
NV356, NV356E
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum

Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum

4.8

Pros

• Easy to empty (3)
  • Easy to use (3)
  • Efficient (3)
  • Long power cord (3)
  • Powerful/good suction (3)

• Carpet (3)
  • Tile floors (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (3)
    • Personal (3)

I actually like vacuuming again!!

I just bought my new Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it. It was very easy to put together and I was able to do it entirely by myself. I haven't needed to wash out the filters yet, but love the fact that I can do it myself without having to buy anything additional.

The "Lift-Away" canister is wonderful to use on my stairs. I used to hate having to try and balance my old vacuum on a stair while using the hose and crevice tool to clean them. What a hassle. With my new vacuum, I just pick up the canister and vacuum away.

Maneuverability
I love the maneuverablility of the vacuum. Very easy to stear where you want to go. It will also get very close to the walls.

Ease of Maintenance
I haven't needed to clean any of the filters yet but that job looks like it will be very easy to do. Emptying out the dirt canister is done with just the press of a button and it falls right out the bottom into the trash. Love it!

Suction Performance
I've never had a vacuum that I actually had to turn down the suction on when using any of the tools, not that I could have anyway. That option is wonderful.

Versatility
I love the versatility of being able to lift off the canister and use it without having to have the whole vacuum cleaner in the way. Especially for vacuuming any stairways.

The only issues I have with the design are where they positioned the electrical cord and the tool holder. The cord comes out of the bottom of the vacuum and I always seem to have a hard time not running over the cord. The tool holder is in an awkward position and always seems to fall off.

I have only had the vacuum for a few weeks so I'm not sure about it's durability. It seems to me that it will hold up for at least a few years.

Good vacuum but does need some improvments

I do like this vacuum overall. It has good suction and can do several different things. It is kind of irretating changing the head of the vac to the hard wood head. It would be nice if you did not need to change anything and it could go from carpet to hard wood on its own.

Maneuverability
It moves easily around corners and going under tables. and is not to heavy.

Ease of Maintenance
The cannister comes right off with not problems. But hair tangles in the brush just as badly as any other vacuum. It is hard to get the hair out. I have to cut it with scissors and them give it a good pull. It makes my fingers hurt getting it all out and it takes a lot of time to do it.

Suction Performance
The suction is good except for once the foam pad gets dirty, then the suction is terrible. So you have to keep up with washing it out.

Versatility
It can go from carpet to hard wood with out much work in changing the head out.

It is a good design but it would be nice if it were easier to clean the brushes. Like if the gaurd were able to flip open.

I ran over the cord and it sucked it up and ate off the plastic covering.

I love this vacuum!

from Elk Grove, CA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

• Hardwood Floors

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

I love this vacuum. My son has autism and spills things often. I have a lot of traffic coming in and out of our home often and the shark vacuum has been a blessing. I can vacuum easily with minimum effort because it pulls slowly forward and when you see something ahead on the floor, you see the suction already loosening up what is ahead of the vacuum. It is convenient that you can undo the wand and suction in the creases of the sofa and go along the corners of walls to vacuum hard to reach places. I can also make the vacuum go flat while going under places I might not otherwise reach. Shark is definitely comparative to Dyson. And less expensive too! I use the vacuum so often and my floors look wonderful. It is good to have a vacuum I enjoy using!

Great vacuum

from Anchorage, AK

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Long Power Cord
    • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Heavy

• Pet Hair

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

This is my second shark vacuum. I have loved them both. This vacuum has great suction. I have a Jack Russell who is scared of brushes so he sheds all over the place and the vacuum picks it up really well. We also have a lot of rocks that get tracked into the house because of the gravel they use in the winter and the vacuum gets almost all of them. The hose works really well, too. It's really easy to empty out and clean. The foam does take a while to dry and you want it to dry out all the way or it will smell gross when you vacuum. The canister holds a good amount of dirt, too. I love this vacuum!

high quality vacuum

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Long Power Cord
    • Powerful/Good Suction

• Hardwood Floors
      • Pet Hair

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

I absolutely love this Shark vacuum. By far one one of the best vacuums I have owned. This vacuum is easy to use and it is so light and not bulky to zoom around the house with. I have three small children (5 is my oldest) so this vacuum sees its fair share of use everyday. I also have a large dog that loves being outside and getting my floors dirty when she comes in. I have pretty much all hardwood floors with throw rugs and I love being able to just switch it over to smooth or carpeted floors and not have to bend down and mess with it like other vacuums. Having it be a canister vacuum it is so handy with not having to change out a bag like my last vacuum. My dog also isn't afraid of it because it is not a very loud vacuum and so she doesn't mind it at all. Shark has really become my favorite brand vacuum since owning this.

Great Vacuum

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

I have had a few Vacuums and never truly thought they did a good job picking stuff up. However the Shark does a great job. My yard is mostly sand and with three dogs I have TONS of sand in my house. The Shark does a great job picking it all up when others have failed!

Maneuverability
      I love that this machine allows to clean around items in your home with ease.

Ease of Maintenance
      I feel it is easy to maintain. The canister is easy to clean and holds the dirt well where other vacuums I have had in the past have failed. There are filters that you can clean by just running under the sink.

Suction Performance
      I often feel that many vacuums struggle with suction mostly when you use the hand tools. Not with this! I have to angle the hand tools because they will suction right to the object your cleaning where I have found that others have not done so.

Versatility
      I love that I can Vacuum under the bed without having to move the bed and that I can switch it to use on hard floors and not feel like I am just pushing dirt around.

I wish it was easier to lift off the canister to allow me to vacuum under things.

Great vaccum

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

For the three carpeted rooms in my house, this vacuum works great.

Maneuverability
      This vacuum turns very easily, so I find that I can maneuver around stationary items very well.

Ease of Maintenance
      So far all we have had to do is empty the canister and wash the filters. The volume of the canister is not huge but for allergies I want to keep it empty anyway. I have my husband empty it outside for me, and he says it is very easy to empty.

Suction Performance
      I compared this to the Eureka and Kenmore old models which were in the furnished house I am in temporarily. I ran the Eureka over the carpet first, then the Shark. Just going over the living room rug filled the Shark canister with debris and did not have a dust smell afterward. The Eureka blew dust into the air so that I could see and smell it. Now granted, the Eureka was used and needed a new bag in it--so I am not comparing a new one to the new Shark.

Versatility
      When I used this to do blinds and other areas, it worked okay. However, carrying the vacuum canister wasn't that comfortable. I also found that the tool wasn't the easiest to use. It would be easier if the vacuum could remain on the floor with a longer hose to reach higher places. However, it is doable.

The vacuum is relatively lightweight, so fairly easy for me to handle. The one thing I don't like is that when it is stored in a closet that is carpeted, it very easily tips over when bumped and is hard to get it to stand upright when putting it away. Seems a bit top-heavy for storage.

So far no problems but have only owned this a couple of months.

• Versatility:

Perfect for big open spaces

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

Upon moving into a new apartment with my new wife, we did a lot of replacing of just about everything we owned. After having to purchase all new appliances and furniture, we also decided to replace a couple of smaller things like our vacuum. With more floor space and less corners to clean, we traded in our old Dyson vacuum and used the money to buy this new Shark. The vacuum provides a lot of maneuverability with its swivel as well as its lift-away function, making it easy to cover a lot of space in a short amount of time. Also, its improved suction allows for a lot more cleaning rather than just blowing dirt back out. As another added bonus, the Shark works great on just about any surface, from carpet to hardwood floors to tile, with ease and efficiency. Moreover, for the quality of the product, it was relatively inexpensive, costing half of what we paid for the Dyson we had.

• Versatility:

An pretty decent, very effective cleaning machine!

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

This is an extremely wonderful vacuum without an excessively exorbitant price tag. This vacuum cleaner packs a lot of power and control and allows you to easily clean large spaces, such as your carpet and floor. However, it cannot be used to clean out small openings or corners of the ceiling and whatnot. The head is big and only meant for large spaces.

Maneuverability
      This vacuum cleaner is lightweight and easy to move from one place on the carpet to the next. It glides quite easily.

Ease of Maintenance
      This vacuum cleaner needs to be emptied every so often. It is a pretty normal thing for a vacuum cleaner.

Suction Performance
      This vacuum cleaner has just enough power to suck up dirt, dust, hair, and other small particles off your carpet or ground. Of course, it isn't strong enough to suck your dog up , so don't worry ;)

Versatility
      This vacuum cleaner is only good for cleaning the ground, and not for walls and upper corners of the room.

Because of its design, it can only manage to clean the ground, as I've mentioned before.

It's strong.

Like Shark Navigator

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

It does excellent job cleaning both carpets and bare floors. Easy to detach and clean in small places with attachments or wand. Especially like the fact that it's not so heavy and not hard to push around on carpets. It does not wear you totally out to clean with this vacuum and does efficient job.

Maneuverability
      Easy to get into tight places and the swivel feature makes it easy to turn.

Ease of Maintenance
      Easy to empty the canister. I don't like the fact that it always seems so dusty and I spend extra time trying to clean out the canister. The filters are easy to wash and dry fast.

Suction Performance
      Has as good a suction as more expensive vacs.

Versatility
      Like the fact that I can use the wand for cleaning windows and high spots without having to change heads or handles like other vacs.

Design is good, easy to use without having to attach and detach lots of brushes and devices. Wish there was some accessory provided for cleaning some of the dust out of canister and crevices when finished using.

Have only had mine about 9 months, but seems durable. I have a smaller version of Shark vacuum with fewer features and it has performed well for several years.

Best Vaccuum I Have Owned

from Cambridge, MD

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

I had heard that the Shark Navigator was a great vacuum cleaner. However, I hesitated to try it at first because I figured a vacuum cleaner is a vacuum cleaner. Still, when my old vacuum cleaner broke, I decided to give Shark a try. Shark is lightweight and full of power. There is very little that it will not pick up. It works on both carpets and bare floors. The only thing that it does not do is edge cleaning. I even used it on a very
      dirty concrete garage floor and it did a fantastic job. The cup makes it so you do not have to change bags. However, the cup is small and does not handle large jobs without emptying. Still, it is a lot cheaper than buying bags. Shark is now my choice for vacuums..

• Versatility:

Great vacuum for hard floors and plenty of attachments

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

Suction is great on this vacuum and the weight is ideal because it's easy to lift. The fact that there are two different hose attachment areas is a plus, as is all of the attachments that came with it. The best attachment is the duster with microfiber pads. It doesn't matter how clean you think the floors are, this will make them cleaner. I don't regret this purchase at all.

Maneuverability
      Small vacuum head is a plus because the vacuum fits in tight spots.

Suction Performance
      I'd say 10 on hard floors and 8 on carpets. I typically use a bagged vacuum on carpets because the one I have gets the deep down dirt/dust.

Versatility
      Attachments are a plus and I've cleaned everything from stairs to couches to walls with ease.

The only design flaw is really noticeable when you use the hose without using the "lift-away" Feature. It doesn't seem as though it was designed to be used this way, but I a pinch, I do anyhow. It's a bit top heavy when you don't pull the canister off, but once you are aware of that, it's easy to work with.