4.8
NV356, NV356E
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum

Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum

4.8

Pros

• Easy to empty (9)
  • Easy to use (9)
  • Efficient (9)
  • Long power cord (9)
  • Powerful/good suction (9)

• Carpet (8)
    • Versatility:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (8)
    • Personal (9)

I actually like vacuuming again!!

I just bought my new Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it. It was very easy to put together and I was able to do it entirely by myself. I haven't needed to wash out the filters yet, but love the fact that I can do it myself without having to buy anything additional.

The "Lift-Away" canister is wonderful to use on my stairs. I used to hate having to try and balance my old vacuum on a stair while using the hose and crevice tool to clean them. What a hassle. With my new vacuum, I just pick up the canister and vacuum away.

Maneuverability
I love the maneuverablility of the vacuum. Very easy to stear where you want to go. It will also get very close to the walls.

Ease of Maintenance
I haven't needed to clean any of the filters yet but that job looks like it will be very easy to do. Emptying out the dirt canister is done with just the press of a button and it falls right out the bottom into the trash. Love it!

Suction Performance
I've never had a vacuum that I actually had to turn down the suction on when using any of the tools, not that I could have anyway. That option is wonderful.

Versatility
I love the versatility of being able to lift off the canister and use it without having to have the whole vacuum cleaner in the way. Especially for vacuuming any stairways.

The only issues I have with the design are where they positioned the electrical cord and the tool holder. The cord comes out of the bottom of the vacuum and I always seem to have a hard time not running over the cord. The tool holder is in an awkward position and always seems to fall off.

I have only had the vacuum for a few weeks so I'm not sure about it's durability. It seems to me that it will hold up for at least a few years.

Good vacuum but does need some improvments

I do like this vacuum overall. It has good suction and can do several different things. It is kind of irretating changing the head of the vac to the hard wood head. It would be nice if you did not need to change anything and it could go from carpet to hard wood on its own.

Maneuverability
It moves easily around corners and going under tables. and is not to heavy.

Ease of Maintenance
The cannister comes right off with not problems. But hair tangles in the brush just as badly as any other vacuum. It is hard to get the hair out. I have to cut it with scissors and them give it a good pull. It makes my fingers hurt getting it all out and it takes a lot of time to do it.

Suction Performance
The suction is good except for once the foam pad gets dirty, then the suction is terrible. So you have to keep up with washing it out.

Versatility
It can go from carpet to hard wood with out much work in changing the head out.

It is a good design but it would be nice if it were easier to clean the brushes. Like if the gaurd were able to flip open.

I ran over the cord and it sucked it up and ate off the plastic covering.

I've had a Shark Vacuum cleaner before and I just loved it

from Gibsonburg, Ohio

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

Excellent suction power especially when you have pets

• Personal

Amazing quality for a great price!

from Elmira, NY

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Long Power Cord
    • Powerful/Good Suction
    • Turns

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

I PURCHASED THIS PRODUCT MYSELF. I love the Shark brand! I had to leave my last one when I moved across the country. I immediately purchased another one because they are amazing quality for the price! I also own the Shark Steam Pocket Mop! I love the value and quality of Shark brand items!

Good Vacuum

from VA

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
      • Easy to Use
      • Efficient
      • Long Power Cord
      • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Heavy
      • Noisy

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

My son got this for me for Xmas for my new carpet in the living room. It works really well and is easy to empty, Picks up a lot of dirt and pet hairs. It is a little heavy and suction is so strong sometimes it makes it hard to push.

Makes vacuuming fun!

from Landenberg PA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
      • Easy to Use
      • Efficient
      • Lightweight
      • Long Power Cord
      • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

Lightweight and easy to use. Gets under low furniture well. Love the lift off unit for vacuuming steps and small hard to get to areas plus my car.

Shark Navigator Pro Vacuum

from Marshall, MI

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
        • Easy to Use
        • Efficient
        • Lightweight
        • Long Power Cord
        • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Small Canister

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

The Shark vacuum is the best vacuum I have ever owned. My only co is the container is small. I do own pets, a larger one would have been better for me. Other than that, I love this thing. It is efficient, and has a long enough cord for me to reach 3 rooms plus the hallway. ,It is easy to empty and clean the filters. I love how the handle/wand separates in 3 places. It can reach anything. I would highly recommend this vacuum to anyone looking for one.

I love my Shark!!!

from Newburgh,Ny

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
        • Easy to Use
        • Efficient
        • Lightweight
        • Long Power Cord
        • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

I love cleaning ...compared to others this is the best!

I love this vacuum!

from Kelleyann37

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
          • Easy to Use
          • Efficient
          • Lightweight
          • Long Power Cord
          • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

I love this vacuum. My son has autism and spills things often. I have a lot of traffic coming in and out of our home often and the shark vacuum has been a blessing. I can vacuum easily with minimum effort because it pulls slowly forward and when you see something ahead on the floor, you see the suction already loosening up what is ahead of the vacuum. It is convenient that you can undo the wand and suction in the creases of the sofa and go along the corners of walls to vacuum hard to reach places. I can also make the vacuum go flat while going under places I might not otherwise reach. Shark is definitely comparative to Dyson. And less expensive too! I use the vacuum so often and my floors look wonderful. It is good to have a vacuum I enjoy using!

Great vacuum

from Anchorage, AK

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
            • Easy to Use
            • Efficient
            • Long Power Cord
            • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

This is my second shark vacuum. I have loved them both. This vacuum has great suction. I have a Jack Russell who is scared of brushes so he sheds all over the place and the vacuum picks it up really well. We also have a lot of rocks that get tracked into the house because of the gravel they use in the winter and the vacuum gets almost all of them. The hose works really well, too. It's really easy to empty out and clean. The foam does take a while to dry and you want it to dry out all the way or it will smell gross when you vacuum. The canister holds a good amount of dirt, too. I love this vacuum!

high quality vacuum

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
            • Easy to Use
            • Efficient
            • Lightweight
            • Long Power Cord
            • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

I absolutely love this Shark vacuum. By far one one of the best vacuums I have owned. This vacuum is easy to use and it is so light and not bulky to zoom around the house with. I have three small children (5 is my oldest) so this vacuum sees its fair share of use everyday. I also have a large dog that loves being outside and getting my floors dirty when she comes in. I have pretty much all hardwood floors with throw rugs and I love being able to just switch it over to smooth or carpeted floors and not have to bend down and mess with it like other vacuums. Having it be a canister vacuum it is so handy with not having to change out a bag like my last vacuum. My dog also isn't afraid of it because it is not a very loud vacuum and so she doesn't mind it at all. Shark has really become my favorite brand vacuum since owning this.

Great Vacuum

Comments about Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Vacuum:

I have had a few Vacuums and never truly thought they did a good job picking stuff up. However the Shark does a great job. My yard is mostly sand and with three dogs I have TONS of sand in my house. The Shark does a great job picking it all up when others have failed!

Maneuverability
              I love that this machine allows to clean around items in your home with ease.

Ease of Maintenance
              I feel it is easy to maintain. The canister is easy to clean and holds the dirt well where other vacuums I have had in the past have failed. There are filters that you can clean by just running under the sink.

Suction Performance
              I often feel that many vacuums struggle with suction mostly when you use the hand tools. Not with this! I have to angle the hand tools because they will suction right to the object your cleaning where I have found that others have not done so.

Versatility
              I love that I can Vacuum under the bed without having to move the bed and that I can switch it to use on hard floors and not feel like I am just pushing dirt around.

I wish it was easier to lift off the canister to allow me to vacuum under things.

• Maneuverability: