Other Vacuums:
Shark
NV22L
Shark Navigator Bagless Vacuum

Shark Navigator Bagless Vacuum

Pros

• Easy to empty (5)
  • Easy to use (5)
  • Efficient (4)
  • Lightweight (4)
  • Long power cord (4)

• Carpet (5)
  • Pet hair (5)
  • Hardwood floors (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (5)
    • Personal (5)

The Shark Navigator Makes Life Easier For Me

I love my new Shark Navigator vacuum cleaner.  I love it so much, that I simply had to  share it with you all.  I had already purchased the Shark Steam Mop and fell in love with that, so I figured that the vacuum would impress me as well.  I was right (for a change).  The company says it never loses suction, and they are on target there.  It brought my carpet back to life.  The last time my carpet looked this good was when it was new.I have two 11 week old beagle puppies and a 10 year old tuxedo cat.  The puppies don't shed, but boy does my cat.  He is a wonderful cat, but loves to leave his black, white and some grey hairs on the back of my couch and a few other areas around the house.  The Shark Navigator picks that cat hair up with very little effort.  My previous vacuum did not get all the cat hair and I had to use duct tape to get the leftovers.  I have one less task for my duct tape with the Shark Navigator vacuum. I am able to get under my end tables without moving them since the vacuum head is just the right size to go under more things than my other vacuum.  So, I don’t have the worry of moving every piece of furniture all over the place every time I vacuum. The hose on this vacuum has a nice long reach, so I am able to get to the top of my curtains and clean my vertical blinds with ease using the included dust brush.  I am also able to easily vacuum in small crevices with the crevice tool.The other great features include:

- The brush roll shuts off automatically when it is not in use

- It weighs in at 15 pounds making it easy to operate and maneuver

- Deep cleaning of carpet and bare floors without adjustment

- It is a bagless vacuum that includes a filter that lasts a lifetime and only needs to be rinsed a couple of times a year

- Includes a 5 year warranty

There are very few cons to this fabulous vacuum.  My only complaint is that there are only two attachments included (dust brush and crevice tool).The best part is that it very affordable and comparable to more expensive bagless euro technology vacuums.  All in all, this is one fantastic vacuum cleaner in my opinion.

didn't last

I purchased the Shark navigator vacuum at a major membership club store and at first I was very impressed. The vacuum was lightweight and worked at picking up everything in its path. The hose is quite long and reaches everywhere and the rotating brush works very well at picking up things. The one negative when the vacuum was actually working for me was that when I would use the hose extension and pull even a little on the vacuum to reach the vacuum would fall over and hit me so many times I lost count. It hurt when it fell over too. Then about four months after I purchased the vacuum and having benn very diligent about cleaning the rotating brush of all debris and hair the rotating brush started to jam up and slow down. It worked intermittently at first and then eventually gave out completely. No matter how hard I tried, the brush would no longer rotate. I had to return the vacuum and chose a different model.

Definitely the Best Vacuum

from North Carolina

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Shark Navigator Bagless Vacuum:

I use my Shark everyday twice a day. I have 5 kids ages range from 10-3, a dog and my kids and dog are constantly in and out of the house tracking in dirt, grass you name it. But this vacuum picks up everything, my 10 and 9 year old can use it with no problem, easy to use, and lightweight.

Not As Good As I Hoped

from Lansing, MI

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Lightweight
    • Long Power Cord

Comments about Shark Navigator Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum has great suction and it detaches easily, is light and is easy to use. It is very versatile and can be used on many surfaces and in many spaces. My complaint is that it gets blocked easily and then we have to take it apart and unplug whatever got stuck. It can get irritating. Other than that, the vacuum is great.

Best vacuum ever!

from Waynesboro, PA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
      • Easy to Use
      • Efficient
      • Lightweight
      • Long Power Cord
      • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Shark Navigator Bagless Vacuum:

I've had this vacuum for about a year and half and it has never let me down. The attachments make cleaning under furniture easy and the way it swivels is amazing. I'll never go back to another brand again.

Best vacuum

from Dallas tx

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
        • Easy to Use
        • Efficient
        • Lightweight
        • Long Power Cord
        • Powerful/Good Suction

• Furniture
          • Tile Floors

Comments about Shark Navigator Bagless Vacuum:

It pick up dirt dust hair messy floors from kids

Best vacuum I have owned

from ohio

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
          • Easy to Use
          • Efficient
          • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Heavy
          • Short Power Cord

Comments about Shark Navigator Bagless Vacuum:

I bought this vacuume cleaner about 5 years ago to replace an old one that finally died. I absolutely love my shark, to be honestly never though I'd have it thins long.

It is very easy to clean, most of the parts come apart and are able to be washed in a sink, you just have to be careful with the two filters and pay attention to how they are looking after each wash. I usually replace mine every year just to be on the safe side. The HEPA filter I can get away with replacing about every year and a half.

The only other odd part that I had to replace was a hose piece that connects the dirt container to the head of the vacuume, it cracked after 3 years of use. I buy most of my parts directly off the shark website. I do have to clean out the brush roller quite often. It seems to gather every little piece of hair or fur all and instead of sucking it up, it attaches to the roller. On the plus side, even when the brush is full, the suction isn't affected.

I have never had an issue with reduced suction unless the canister is full, since it's simple to empty it's not a big hassle to stop for a few seconds to pop the container off. After several years of use, one of the clips that hold the container on the body, no longer clicks into place, so I have to put a limitless piece of tape on it, not really a big deal to me, again the vacuume is 5 years old.

Overall, I have no really complaints, it does advertise it can be used on hardwood flood and tile, I've never really tried it, it has an option to turn the roller brush off when using it on hardwood, so that it doesn't fling dirt everywhere.

I would recommend this vacuume to anyone who is looking, it's a decent little vacuume that has lasted quite a long while, and at the fraction of a cost for a dyson, which has a pretty nice price tag.

Simple Vaccum at a Decent Price

Comments about Shark Navigator Bagless Vacuum:

With the holiday's right around the corner, and a need to clean my carpets for guests, I found my loyal vacuum decided to burn out after a year or two of dedicated and frequent use. So I braved the holiday crowds to get a new one and found the Shark Navigator Bagless Vacuum. I own another Shark cleaner and have had no problems out of it, so I figured it was a good brand. The normal retail price is 89.99 but I managed to get it for half that due to gift card someone gave me to the retailer where I purchased it.

I hadn't expected it to have a pet power brush when I was looking at the box but it was an instant buy when I saw it did. I have 6 dogs that are in the certain parts of the house and a pet brush is a necessity even though they don't shed very much. The pet brush does a brilliant job of getting hair off the most stubborn places. There's a long handle so I can clean the corners of the room and get into the hard to reach places.

The only thing I don't clean with this is my linoleum, laminate, and hardwood floors.

Maneuverability
          This is probably one of the easiest to maneuver vacuums I've ever seen.

Suction Performance
          There's nothing special about the suction power. It does it's job and that's what I wanted.

Versatility
          With the pet brushes and the long hose, I've used this for multiple jobs.

I have no complaints about the design. Everything is nice.

I'm using this vacuum frequently and have had no problems with it.

Pretty Good Vacuum

Comments about Shark Navigator Bagless Vacuum:

This Shark Navigator Bagless Vacuum is a good vacuum given the fact that it picks up everything comes in its way. The suction is fantastic. It is very good for different flooring I have at my home like tiles and carpet. We can very easily shift the cleaning mode through button. The only downside I feel is is size. Since its is pretty big, it keeps falling and becomes difficult to manage at times.

Maneuverability
          Due to its size maneuvering the vacuum is a little tough however, since it is quite light in weight it is easily be moved

Ease of Maintenance
          Easy to maintain. Only the dust container fills up pretty fast which needs to be emptied often

Wonderful suction performance

Looks and feel of it is very good. It looks very elegant.

I am using this since last three months now and have no problems so far. I can definitely say that this vacuum is pretty durable and would last for long if taken care properly

• Versatility:

Compact light weight strong vacuum

from Midlothian, IL

Comments about Shark Navigator Bagless Vacuum:

Being a light weight and compact I was concerned with how well it would clean. I have to say very impressed. It has not loss the suction or power behind this little vacuum. I love how easy it is to use and how great it cleans. I love that my young children who like to help mom clean can now help me with the vacuuming. Great feature is easy to dump the dust and dirt from the canister and clean the filter. You don't have 3-5 things to do before you can start cleaning again. Open dump lock it back up and ready to go you are. for me another plus was it was purple

Maneuverability
          With it being light weight its easy to maneuver around furniture and corners.

Ease of Maintenance
          To clean the canister you just need to unlock it from the base press a button and let it all fall out. One of the easiest to clean vacuums I've had. Then every three months or more depending on the age of your house and the dust level in your house clean the washable filters. I just hose mine off and let dry in the sun.

Suction Performance
          Very powerful. You can see it lift up the carpet strands as you vacuum. When I cut my husband and sons hair I use the hose attachments and vacuum up the hair and you can just leave the attachment on the floor and see it sucking it all up. Even some that is not right in front of it.

compact and light weight makes the design so mom and child friendly.

Can with stand the use of two children under the age of 9 using often to clean up messes they make

• Versatility:

Works good, but not as great as others.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Shark Navigator Bagless Vacuum:

I saw all the commercials about how you should get a shark and how great these vacuums were, so for my guest house I decided to buy one to use in their so I did not have to haul the one from my house over when I have to go over and clean it up. I bought this and was pretty excited to try it out and compare it to my vacuum that I normally use. I turned it on and it worked really well and has continued to work well this whole time. I would not believe them when they say it has as much suction as another name brand vacuum because it really doesn't, it does work very well, but it is not as good as the other. This vacuum is kind of loud compared to others and I have found that it is harder to get it into smaller spaces and to move around the room. I love that it is bag-less and that makes it so easy to take it and dump out anything that you sucked up, plus if you accidentally sucked up something like a kids toy you can easily see it in there and get it out without having to dig through a bag.

• Versatility:

A great, light-weight vacuum with plenty of power.

from Largo, FL

Comments about Shark Navigator Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum picks up dirt easily and pulls the pile up on my carpet. The rotating brush stops as soon as the vacuum is pushed into an upright, stand-still position. The dust container snaps off easily for quick removal of all dirt and the swivel head makes it easy to reach around furniture legs.