Other Mops & Brooms:

Shark Light and Easy Steam Mop is Great

I bought this recently to clean the very large linoleum kitchen and bath area in my house.  We recently purchased the house and the linoleum floor hadn't been very well taken care of.  It is a textured linoleum and there was dirt lodged in all the crevices.  I was hoping the steam action of the mop would loosen the dirt and make cleaning this very large area a much simpler task.  However, it turned out that may have been too much to ask of this mop.  It did clean the floor, but it left the dirt that was trapped in the crevices.  I had to get out a bucket, scrub brush, and Ajax to get all the dirt loosened from the crevices and even at that it took scrubbing three times on each area to get all the dirt up.  After the enormous effort it took to get the dirt out of the crevices I decided it wasn't really a fair test of the new mop.  I used the mop to do a final cleaning on the floor to remove all the Ajax residue and it performed very well.  I have since used the mop for general maintenance cleaning of the floor and it's great.  It's fast and easy to use.  I definitely like it better than the Swiffer mop I was using before.  I love that the floor is sanitized by the steam from the mop and I don't need extra floor chemicals for daily routine cleaning.  It has a very long electrical cord which makes cleaning convenient.  The water reservoir is a bit small as I need to refill it 2-3 times to finish my mopping, but as I stated, I am mopping a very large area.  I only wish it steamed continously instead of only when you pump the handle.

This Shark Steam Mop Dulled my Wood Floors!

I first purchased the Shark Vac then Steam mop - returned it because the vacuum was really noisy. Also didn't like the dullness the steam mop left behind on my wooden floors.Read complete review

Next I tried the Shark Light and Easy Steam mop - minus the vacuum - to see if it might somehow be better than the other steam mop. Again, it completely dulled my wooden floors - I tried all of the Troubleshooting tips for dulled floors in my owners guide; nothing made a difference. I'm returning this and going back to using my O Cedar mop - just a white mop cloth and no steam! It allows my wooden floors to retain the shine!

VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE STEAM MOP!

Does well for the low price

from Woodburn, IN

Comments about Shark Light and Easy Steam Mop:

I bought this steam mop for the push feature instead of the trigger that I saw a lot of steam mops had. This was also to replace my Swiffer that I grown tired of waiting 45 minutes for my floors to dry. I will say it was interesting figuring out how to exactly use it effieciently, but it does well and dries quickly, probably within 10 minutes. It takes a few times to go over any hardened spots but it picks up and it is easier than using muscle on a Swiffer just to scrub it off. It doesn't pick up all the spots but that could be the user and not the mop. I also love the washable pads. I just wish the resivour was a little big and the cord a little longer, as I can reach everywhere but a small corner of my kitchen which is frustrating. Other than that, it is a great mop and, like its Shark vacuums, it can bend under furniture without me having to physically bend with it. The only issue with it sometimes is it pushes in but if you don't retract it far enough it won't emit more steam and it seems to almost get 'stuck'. And unlike the vacuums it does not stand very well, even against a wall. It just slides down it and makes a lot of noise when it hits the floor. This is only an issue while I'm waiting for the water to heat or plugging it in somewherd else.

Assume it is more effective on ceramic or linoleum

from Tallmadge, OH

Comments about Shark Light and Easy Steam Mop:

This Shark steamer was just okay. I used it on my kitchen hardwood floor and I was not impressed. It was difficult to push once the cloth attachment was heated and wet. It cleaned okay, but not as well as I expected. I will give the product another try but not sure I will keep it. Might go with something a little sturdier.

Love my shark

Comments about Shark Light and Easy Steam Mop:

The shark is very effective, I love knowing that it is sanitizing my floors. There is a piece of mind knowing that the steam is killing germs, and not having to use harsh chemicals to do it. I wish that the handle felt a little sturdier and there was an option to put some healthy cleaner in it. I like the steam mop but wish that there was an option to add either a cleaner for really dirty floors or to add a polish/ shiner so the hardwood floors did not get the dull look. For really tough spots it would be nice to have a scratcher like on the front of the pad. Over all I really like this model but in the future plan to buy one of the more expensive models, that have the added features I desire. One thing I think that might make the handle better is to have a button on it instead of the push down to activate the steam. When you push down the handle feels like it may break. I have had it for 3 years and still use it regularly.

Shark steam mop steams away germs and messes.

from Grand Bay, AL

Comments about Shark Light and Easy Steam Mop:

We bought the Shark Light and Easy Steam Mop to steam away the germs and messes left behind by everyday activities. We have been reluctant to use the chemicals around the babies and the pets because of the residue they leave behind, so when we saw this it was the answer to our prayers. It has worked out great, it keeps our floors looking great.

Cleaning made easy!

from Melba, ID

Comments about Shark Light and Easy Steam Mop:

I purchased this product and have been in love ever since! The mop is very easy to use, and easy to store. I really love that you can get your floors clean with just steam. That is really imoprtant for me because I have small children at home. The water holding tank is big enough to cover my very spacious kitchen floor, so I rarely have to refill during my mopping. Mopping pads are washable, so there is no large amounts of waste going to the landfill. The mopping pads are awesome and just velcro on. The velcro is very strong. The mop does have an electric cord that plugs into the wall, but has a very long cord. I don't have to unplug and replug to finish my chore. Very well worth the investment. I recommend a purchase on one right now!

Shark mop does a great job

Comments about Shark Light and Easy Steam Mop:

I purchased this shark mop over 2 years ago and it honestly has simplified my life. No more messy buckets to mess with and you get a clean floor with no harsh chemicals. I love the fact that it is so quick and simple to use and will clean off built on residue. It says it is good on all floor types but the only thing I suggest is do not use it on laminate flooring. I had a friend that did and after a few months the floor was ruined.

Shark Steam Mop Gets the Job Done

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Shark Light and Easy Steam Mop:

I have had this steam mop for a couple of years and admittedly have not used it that much. My floors obviously need a cleaning. But the few times I have used this I found that it did an okay job. What I don't like about it is the cleaning of the pads. They are hard to get clean, especially any lint or fuzz build up on them. And the velcro on the pads gets all stuck together in the wash. But as far as use goes, this really does work. The mop cleans deep down and always left my floors feeling clean.

This Shark Steam Mop Dulled my Wood Floors!

from Shawnee, KS

Comments about Shark Light and Easy Steam Mop:

VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE STEAM MOP!

So far, so good

from Kent, WA

Comments about Shark Light and Easy Steam Mop:

My husband bought me this mop after he saw it on sale on Amazon. He knew I wasn't always happy with my Swiffer Wet Mop due to using chemicals on our floor and purchasing the pricey pads. Since we have two young children we wanted something safe for them since they are all over our hardwood floors. Boy...I am happy he bought it so far. Very convenient and easy to handle. The mop heats up quickly and my hardwood floor looks brand new after a quick 10 minute cleaning versus when I was using the Swiffer, I have to spray multiple times to clean one spot. Perhaps the best thing about the Steam Mop is reusing the pads multiple times afterwards. You can either wash it in the washer using gentle cycle or soak it in a bucket with oxyclean.

The Shark Steam Mop is PERFECT for any floor!

from Lawrenceburg, KY

Comments about Shark Light and Easy Steam Mop:

I recently purchased the Shark Steam Mop with my Christmas gift cards. I absolutley cannot live without this thing now! Takes very little water (only 3 fill-ups for 1600 sq.ft. of flooring) and heats up super fast! I have black tile and everything used to make it streaky but not this little guy. It shines them right up quick! I love that I can go straight from the tile to my refurbished hardwood floors, too. It scrubs all the "messes" my two year old leaves behind making my floors shiny and brand new looking. My steam mop also came with the carpet steam attachment. It is supposed to glide over carpet to sanatize it. I only have small rugs have not used this attachment yet. Overall this little, fairly inexpesive, "wonder-mop" has been and will continue to be a cleaning staple in our home!!