This is a safe disinfecting product to use in your house and you can safely use it on anything. It is expensive to purchase but one bottle lasts FOREVER. You use a small amount in a spray bottle of tap water, it is very concentrated. When I first started cleaning with it, it was a bit strange. There is very little smell and there is no sudsing or lather. The previous products I used had a lot of that going on, so it did feel a little like I was cleaning with water. Now that I have gotten used to it, I will never go back to a regular, chemical cleaning product. I have been using this for over 10 years and intend on using it forever. Performance I know that when I use this product my counters, toilets, sinks, floors, everything are getting disinfected. Yes, you have to leave it sit on the surface for 10 minutes to truly disinfect, but with most disinfecting products you have to do that. I'm not sure about with bleach, but bleach is toxic...so, pick your battles. I spray one bathroom, go to the other one, pick up, spray it down, get the towels in the wash and go back to the first bathroom I sprayed to wipe it down...no biggie. Scent This has a very light scent that is almost unnoticeable. I like it because I have a very sensitive sense of smell and strong fragrances give me a headache. Plus, let's face it, fragrance is NOT good for you. Just because something smells good, doesn't mean it is clean and the fragrance is actually harmful to your health.